View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MPT Thread

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I'd be more curious to try MPT but I also really want to try this stuff (still need to try my sample of DiPT).

^^^
yeah last night that occurred to me, why no MPT, 5-MeO-MPT, 4-HO-MPT etc.

i guess one could expect lesser oral activity, shortened duration, and what not. i vastly prefer DiPT to DPT, in fact the two are not even in the same league as far as im concerned. and it seems every ring substitution of DPT was a failure for one reason or another. dosent mean i wouldent want to taste MPT though, ayyy i havent even tried MET yet!

A friend told me its very feasible and even found a report on it (I believe in german). It is supposedly a drop in activity (around 80-100mg iirc). But it sounds good.

just to make clear I'm talking about MPT in this post.

My reasoning is DMT is great. MET is superb, if not a little 'light'. DPT is great if not a little heavy. Maybe a cross between those would be great also?

Gaian Planes said:
A friend told me its very feasible and even found a report on it (I believe in german). It is supposedly a drop in activity (around 80-100mg iirc). But it sounds good.

just to make clear I'm talking about MPT in this post.

My reasoning is DMT is great. MET is superb, if not a little 'light'. DPT is great if not a little heavy. Maybe a cross between those would be great also?
There is a public thread about MPT at hyperlab.info. Posted by "Erny", who is also a bluelight member, I think. I hope it's allright to post this

Here is a machine translation:
"MPT, 100 mH, [yuzer] of №1 100 mH of base were dissolved in the water with the aid of vapors of the drops of hydrochloric acid and it is drunk to the empty stomach. The first effects appeared in approximately 20 minutes. Appeared the weak [DET]- descriptive input physiology, which disappeared with the output in the plateau. Action was strengthened after 40-50 minutes it very rapidly and approximately reached maximum. On the body the substance acts faster as any [DET], while to the head - it is faster as [MET], i.e. gives classical [triptaminovuyu] empathy and sensation of the magic of proceeding, truth is weaker than at the analogous dose Of [mETa]. This substance yet not too strong, but the associated sensations into tele-, resembling tryptamines with large alkyls on the amino group, a little shade basic effects and mix at this level. [Vizualka] with the open eyes not very rich, predominates the green color (in [METe], as in [DMT], it predominates orange). With the closed eyes the evidently sufficiently beautiful things, similar to the not very large number of fungi. Music is received well, but strong emotions it does not cause. In the emotionalism this substance is strongly inferior To [mETu], in it not enough [triptaminovoy] dramaticism. Plateau very short perhaps of minutes 20, then action rapidly begins to weaken, and hardly it suffices to +1 after 2 hours. After 3 hours there remains only afterglow, through 3,5 already it is possible quietly to go to sleep. As a whole it seemed by some indistinct. It is necessary to try to smoke it."

and another one, that uses another route of administration
"MPT, 60 mH V/m (60 mH of the base, transferred into [gkh]) Effects appear for the 2nd minute and smoothly are strengthened during the following 10 minutes. [Vizualka] with the open eyes not very interesting and reminds EPT and DPT, although is somewhat more colorful/more living. With the flowers and the plant forms, but not the naked geometry. Peripheral effects at the entrance are considerably weaker than in first two. Nauseas it was not at all. As a whole the physiology proved to be considerably weaker than it was expected, problems with a feeling of equilibrium it was barely, “drunk” hydroxybutyrate-like motor coordination, characteristic for tryptamines with long alkyls on the amino group was present, but sufficient- after all weak. The noticeable weakening of painful sensitivity it was not. State is a little [snopodobnoe] and is absolutely calm. CEV[y] with the closed eyes resemble super-doses DET (200-300 mH) and partly the small doses of fungi, it is more “visions”, than chaotic geometry and [fraktalov]. Experiences have sufficient- after all the removed nature, in contrast to “the psychoanalytical” To mET, fungi and to [izhe] with them. Plateaus the maximum of minutes 20, after which effects smoothly fall, in the hour already +1,5, after 2 hours +1 maximums, and after 3 hours practically nothing. Afterglow is good and is pleasant, but is brief. It was pleased considerably more than the first time it is oral with 100 mH."

planckunit said:
I think. I hope it's allright to post this
The fact it's being in the open web means you can take it and publish here, for example, providing the authorship, but I am not happy at all with that mashine translation.

Btw, I do not share the amusement with DPT I can see here. This is one of the worst psychoactive tryptamines I ever tasted. It has nothing in common with DMT or mushrooms. Rather a pointles GHB-like state with visuals that are, indeed, quite strong. I can not even name it a psychedelic. Dissociative, maybe? A sort of tryptamine narcosis. Every person I have communicated personally about it think the same. As everyone at behigh.org/inv. Surprisingly, Bluelight thinks different.

awesome hey thanks ya'll seriously who are giving us reports from not heard of much compounds., The MPT one was awesome!! :D

Want to try that compound SO bad (almost as bad as DET hahahah!!! :D)

I've never heard DPT described as a pointless GHB-like state. Many people report it to be among the most profound, magical and psychedelic substances in existence.

^Yeah, Bluelight thinks different, Erowid thinks different, and the market thinks different (it seems to be almost universal on vendor lists with even moderate selections.) People's reactions to DPT do vary widely more so than with other psychedelics, even between doses in the same individual. Still, it's bizarre that everyone at behigh.org/inv would think something so at odds with the consensus about it. It's quite deep; there's even some evidence (below) that it is a much more effective therapeutic medicine than the high and mighty LSD for alcoholics. I can't imagine GHB-like drunkenness would be good for alcoholics.

The article is here

Some quotes from that article:

In 6 years of experimentation at the Maryland Psychiatric Research
Center, the value of DPT as a therapeutic adjunct has been tested in the
treatment of over 100 subjects, including alcoholic patients,6, 12 neurotic outpatients, and terminal cancer patients. ...

...A pilot study employing DPT as an adjunct to psychedelic
therapy with alcoholics showed a favorable success rate comparable to results
achieved with LSD on a similar population.' Ninety-two percent of the 51
patients were located for 6-month follow-up, and 47 percent of these patients
were independently rated by a social worker as essentially rehabilitated
according to measures of global adjustment. Thirty-eight percent of the
patients had remained totally abstinent at the follow-up period. ...

...Discussion of the uses of DPT would be incomplete without mention of
its usage as an adjunct in psychotherapy of terminally ill patients. The
objective of the treatment approach is to facilitate the occurrence of a
psychedelic peak experience within the framework of brief, intensive
psychotherapy to help relieve depression, anxiety, fears of death, and
psychological isolation. The treatment procedure originally developed at
Maryland Psychiatric Research Center for use with LSD consists of a 6-12-
hour preparation stage lasting 2 or 3 weeks, a high-dose -SPT session, and
several postdrug interviews to integrate the experience. I The drug-free
interviews generally focus upon current matters such as unresolved conflicts
between patient and family members, problems of confronting and accepting
diagnosis and prognosis, and discussion of philosophical and theological
issues. Family members are actively brought into treatment by giving them an
opportunity to discuss their feelings about the approaching death and
encouraging them to increase the extent of their interaction with the patient.
Pilot work with DPT suggests that it has an advantage over LSD in that its
shorter duration of action makes less demands upon the limited energy
resources of seriously ill patients.

yeah, I was going to say DPT has been traditionally used to initialize peak experiences. The notable studies were done on alcoholics. It has a PROFOUND effect on the human mind.

DPT is intense as all shit... be prepared for an industrial style DMT trip =D

Erny said:
Btw, I do not share the amusement with DPT I can see here. This is one of the worst psychoactive tryptamines I ever tasted. It has nothing in common with DMT or mushrooms. Rather a pointles GHB-like state with visuals that are, indeed, quite strong. I can not even name it a psychedelic. Dissociative, maybe? A sort of tryptamine narcosis. Every person I have communicated personally about it think the same. As everyone at behigh.org/inv. Surprisingly, Bluelight thinks different.

Everyone? Who are you talking to, anyway? 8o I don't think I've ever encountered anyone who would hesitate to call it a psychedelic of the highest order. Even if they didn't like it.

I personally think there is a weird internet drama us-them mentality in his post. I don't quite understand it tbh *headscratch*

^^lol! tru that. the 2 substituted DMT analogs I've wanted to try are MPT and MALT. Hated both dipt and dpt. I cant understand where this religeous thing about dpt comes from, it's NOTHING like dmt whcih is very spiritual. dpt reminds me of how 5meodet is described but with decent visuals. I would not call it dissociative as those IMO feel good, maybe dysphoric is better descript.

Erny said:
I find it funny how all the "negatives" you list about DPT are the very reasons I think it is simply the best psychedelic out there. Especially the fact that it is nothing like mushrooms.

On Topic: Wasn't it 4-Ho-MPT that shulgin reported to be no different from psilocin? or am I mixing up? (too lazy to check)

Yes, I know about Grof, alcoholics and erowid. That was Goebbels in hell who invented your DPT. I have tried it 3 times, with 100 mg orally, 80 mg i/m and 100 mg i/m. When thinking if there is anything worse in the tryptamine world, only 5-methoxy-AMT comes to mind.

DPT is about nothing. 2C-B vulgaris is much much more profound, spiritual, insightful and even visually rich.

If you like DPT that much, perhaps, you would like EPT more. It resembles DPT in some ways, but is a psychedelic without doubt.

Of the four persons who tried MPT, I was the only one to appreciate it positive. One had none effects at all with 100 mg per os, two others said it was just like DPT, i. e. a poison of the same sort.

yes I would love to try EPT for the same reason I'd like to try MPT (it would be a gentler version of DPT I'd wager from my experiences with MET).

I would love to try either MPT or EPT. I've wondered for a long time why they weren't out there yet, and just assumed I didn't understand the chemistry/economics and logistics of the synthesis enough to understand.

Erny, unless you're a really big guy, those doses of IM DPT are pretty high. Previously in the B&D DPT thread I even asked if anyone else found DPT to shift qualities at higher doses to a more 5-MeO-DMT-like spectrum of effects (this has happened to me during an unexpectedly intense 60mg dose, and a 70mg dose, whereas I (170lbs) usually use it at 50mg.) I personally like 5-MeO-DMT on occasion, but the negatives you describe about your high dose DPT experiences share a lot in common with the negatives many people describe in their 5-MeO-DMT experiences. It's worth considering that maybe you've only seen one side of DPT.

^tis the one i daydream about with googley eyes.

i would love to see DET surface.

<3 <3

so far dmt and dpt have been the best.

I didnt get too much out of MET.

Anyone have any guess on what EPT should be like?

^ a gentler version of DPT?

I also want DET. It is one sched I that I'm almost willing to import into the US.