• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Methallylescaline (MAL) Thread

to us people that have responsibilities, life, and dont think its wise to trip 3,2,1 or 0 times or less a year, life happens and its fine to go through phases where you dont use anything

well cannabis now that its global, kratom

did 21 mg plugged yesterday. was a bit too low
very reminiscent of a low dose of mescaline. it does seem to carry the same all encompassing feel-good and calming feeling that makes mescaline such a special experience: its definitely more mescaline-like then 2-cx compounds.

no nausea of any kind when plugged. (im very prone to nausea)

I'm thinking hard about pulling the trigger on buying this one. The reason is that is that it sounds like there's at least a little bit of stimulating rolly component in addition to the tripping part. Does that sound like a bad reason to try it?

I'm thinking hard about pulling the trigger on buying this one. The reason is that is that it sounds like there's at least a little bit of stimulating rolly component in addition to the tripping part. Does that sound like a bad reason to try it?
A stimulant rolly part? That's not my experience, it's a psychedelic 100%.
It's much like mescaline, somewhat evenly 'raw' in feel, but I think it's more peak oriented than mescaline. Whereas mescaline is smooth all the way, the peak of MAL is shorter but more intoxicating, thus this might be the "rolly" part. I didn't find it particularly more stimulating than mescaline, just natural energy. It's a great drug, but note that I've only tripped on it once myself.

In my experience, I find it quite stimulant indeed. I like a lot the psichedelic part, it is magic and auphoric like real mescaline. But the stimulant part ruins the experience for me, I cannot enjoy a calm experience laying and listening to some good music as I do with mescaline and other entheogens.
MAL makes me feel too tense and unconfortable during a lot of hours and I really cannot enjoy the good part of it.

It certainly is rough around the edges. I tend to never lie down on phenethylamines so I didn't notice too much stimulation, only muscle tenseness and some mild nausea. I'd guess it's a fairly potent vasoconstrictor.
But imo all of it is so worth it, and it's sufficiently different from mescaline that I could choose one over the other at a given time.

Been playing with this for a few weeks now. Micro/low dose. Will try medium dose this weekend.

5-15mg makes me feel like a child with lots of energy. Paradoxically its also very relaxing on the body. Yes there is stimulation but also this floating feeling 😉. Until 15mg did not notice trippy territory in the sense that i wouldnt be able to go out in public without anyone noticing.

Plugged 30mg of MAL yesterday, smoked cannabis at the 4 hour mark.

Medium nausea was present for the first 3 hours. I suppose plugging helps to reduce the intensity of the nausea a good amount. The come up was difficult cause its a good 2-3 hours of restlessness, body twitching, nausea and just uncomfortable in your own skin. its really only once you peak that nausea leaves and restlessness calms down and MAL starts its magic. Expect the first 2-3 hours of the trip to feel uncomfortable.

30mg plugged is a decent dose ++/+++ . id compare it to about 200-300 mg of mescaline HCL. Just like real mescaline, dont expect tryptamine visuals here but the entire experience doesnt feel lacking either. I think 30mg was just a bit too low, I'll go for 40mg next trip.

Last edited:
I've been sitting on 2 grams of this stuff for almost a year. I think tomorrow is the day I mix up a nasal spray bottle for microdosing. Can always crank another few 5 mg pumps if I'm feeling like it hasn't really worked it's magic. Might mix well with O-PCE at a low dose. The day's tasks are all sit and read after chores and training.

If not tomorrow, then very soon. Y'all got me excited about this one.

I hope you like it! I think it's a gem. I don't have much in the way of experience with using it intranasally, though.

Which salt are you guys using?

The dosages in PIHKAL are for the hcl salt and all I've found so far is the fumarate salt. The fumarate is bound to be less potent by weight because fumarate has a lot more mass than hcl.

Has anyone bothered adjusting their dosages accordingly? Does it matter?

I have the fumarate salt, and haven't tried it yet. But I was gonna do the old, 1 mg, wait an hour, 5 mg, wait another hour. Titrate

Then next time start at 10 mg after about a week or so. Then try a 20 dose a while after that. Probably 2 weeks later.

I have heard that the HCL is a bit more potent.

I've always used the fumarate salt, as I imagine most internet contributors have. I think the PIHKAL doses just this one occasion are FAR too high. The reports in the book reflect that, with many people being overwhelmed. 20mg is a mildly trippy empathogen. 30-35mg is a good jumping off place for psychedelia. You can always dose higher on later occasions. 50mg+ can produce unpleasant body load in many people.

The dosages in PIHKAL are for the hcl salt and all I've found so far is the fumarate salt. The fumarate is bound to be less potent by weight because fumarate has a lot more mass than hcl.

Has anyone bothered adjusting their dosages accordingly? Does it matter?
One has to keep in mind that fumaric acid is a dicarboxylic acid though, so it has two protons to donate. The nitrogen on the methallylescaline molecule usually only accepts one so there's gonna be two methallylescaline molecules per one fumarate molecule. So if you consider the 2:1 ratio, the molar mass of MAL fumarate is ~309.36 g/mol compared to MAL HCl which has a molar mass of ~287.78 g/mol. So if I did the math correctly the fumarate is only around 7% less potent than the HCl version.

One has to keep in mind that fumaric acid is a dicarboxylic acid though, so it has two protons to donate. The nitrogen on the methallylescaline molecule usually only accepts one so there's gonna be two methallylescaline molecules per one fumarate molecule. So if you consider the 2:1 ratio, the molar mass of MAL fumarate is ~309.36 g/mol compared to MAL HCl which has a molar mass of ~287.78 g/mol. So if I did the math correctly the fumarate is only around 7% less potent than the HCl version.
Perfect. Thank you!

well, two of them said 45mg was too much. I wish I had time to try this over the weekend, I am SO curious. Looks like I won't have time until early October.
I would probably puke on that but other than nausea not sure how it could be too much I did see mention of some part of the crowd preferring upwards of 60ish before the real fun and giggles started for them

I would not go in for more than thirty reapproaching it. At once I mean redose expected.

Either way seems to lack the so called real magic of grandpappy mescaline.

Last edited:
I do prefer mescaline, but I would compare methallylescaline favorably to it. For me, they both have something to recommend them. I rate MAL quite highly, higher than almost all other RC psychedelics. But YMMV. Heck, a LOT of people find mescaline to be disappointing. It's a totally different world than mushrooms; it's a much softer, gentler one.

I've not tried a trip on MAL, but have had a few microdoses at ~7mg. Observations:
  • Nice. Subtle but definite mood lift with energy enhancement.
  • No body discomfort. I was surprised by this since 1) People report a lot of nausea at normal doses and 2) I'm sensitive to such stuff: Microdoses of tryptamines and lysergamides (I've tried a bunch of different ones) all give me at least some gastric distress, but not this one so far.
  • Horrible taste! I'm volumetric dosing with whisky. 7mg in 0.4ml of whisky is just nasty. Need to figure out a better way of dosing.
Looking forward to trying some minidoses.