• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MET Thread

Beenhead said:
how bad was the mind fuck/anxiety component? was there a complete loss of ego?
No anxiety at all, and no nausea, unlike say 5meo-dmt, which gives me plenty of both. Ego loss with eyes closed, completely lost in the visuals, but when I opened them I came back to reality, although that isn't exactly the right word. Definately plan to explore this one at higher doses.

I would really love to hear any experiences with this chem. It has really sparked my interest.

i have been reading this THREAD and have been geting more nd more interested in this chemical.
someone mentioned earlier about IM'ing MET.
i think this would be a good way to administer this chem. IV IM or smoking probably are the best.
I will probably test this chemical out in the next week.
any sugesstions of a dose to start with IM met?
I have IM DPT doses ranging from 40-80-mg, and have IV DPT at 18mg.
also have IM and IV many many other substances.
I just want to try to find a good starting dose for MET.
I enjo yIM administration because it hits you really hard , but not as fast as IV.
If no one has any good ideas about dosage i will start medium and work my way up.
hopefully i will have a report in this week.

peace

So few people have tried this that I think no advice can be given. Except that start low, instead of "medium". If you're going to IV / IM it all. Perhaps you shouldn't, I don't know.

I would IM no more than 40 mg for your first time. Actually, I'd probably start with 30 mg and maybe get another ready to go in case it doesn't do the trick. Maybe 80 mg will turn out to be ideal, but there's so little info on this one that it would be extremely irresponsible to start that high.

I tried MET for the first time today. I started with 30mg's and then moved up to around 50mg's, maybe a little more.

30mg's produced a very nice, DMTish type experience. Visuals were more intense than expected, with tracers and patterns along with some interesting CEV's. Pretty much identical to DMT in duration.

After I was pretty much down from the first dose, I smoked 50mg's (perhaps a tad bit more). It was somewhat difficult to inhale all of the smoke, and I was basically so spun that I had to lay the pipe down with a bit of residue still left in the pipe.

I must say, this was an intense experience. The first alerts reminded me a little bit of 5-meo-dmt. I had intense energy rushes throughout my body and my head felt like it was spinning as I came up. I then leveled off and must say that I enjoyed the holy hell out of myself!! Spectral patterns, geometrical creepy crawling type visuals along with colorful CEV's. I know about the tolerance issues with repeated DMT smoking but I didn't notice much. It's hard quantify how much more intense 50mg's was than 30mg's, but it felt like double the intensity.

It's now been about 2 hours since the second dose and I am completely down and have been for sometime. Short, swift and sweet...just the way I like it. This one is special, at least in my eyes!

please elaborate, your experience with this compound makes a hell of difference, incredible or not. Any info will be very useful to many who wish to research this compound

Beenhead said:
Awesome, how bad was the mind fuck and anxiety with it?

Okay I did have a bout of anxiety during the come-up when I smoked the second dose of 50mg's. As I said before the come-up reminded me a bit of 5-Meo-DMT. The anxiety stemmed from the super fast onset I believe, and within 30 seconds it was gone completely and I then leveled off into a very nice place. Oh yeah, smoking is the only way to go IMO.

I can't wait to step it up a notch... %)

so boywonder, when you say your first 30mg dose, I assume you mean this one was smoked aswell?

I'm very interested in this chem and hope to try it soon. But, the dosages are still too unknown for me to want to venture (granted, I like playing the guinea pig), I just don't want to pay the prices i'm being charged on such a small quantity, that might be less than a single dose :/

Interesting thread everyone. I was wondering if anyone will be trying an oral dose with an MAO-i, AKA "huasca" style?

Another thing, my experinces with the basic tryptamines like DPT have led me to believe that tolerances can be high when other 5HT2a chems have been consumed in the recent past. When reporting experiences, it would be nice to know your recent past trips for probably the last month. That could help in fudging the numbers a bit, making it easier to come to a concensus regarding the active doses of MET.

munki

But the good thing about this molecule is that it is basically orally-active DMT. The MAOI isn't necessary. Not saying it would be a bad thing, just not necessary.

Church said:
But the good thing about this molecule is that it is basically orally-active DMT. The MAOI isn't necessary. Not saying it would be a bad thing, just not necessary.

It may not be necessary just like it is not necessary for DPT. However, mono-amines aren't either totally broken down or not affected at all by an MAO-i. Rather, they would be broken down at different rates. An effective dose of a chemical is one that is absorbed by your body at a quicker rate than
MAO can metabolise. By adding a MAO-i, you should be able to lower the effective dose or any route of administration.

This is my current understanding.

munki

thugg said:
so boywonder, when you say your first 30mg dose, I assume you mean this one was smoked aswell?

I'm very interested in this chem and hope to try it soon. But, the dosages are still too unknown for me to want to venture (granted, I like playing the guinea pig), I just don't want to pay the prices i'm being charged on such a small quantity, that might be less than a single dose :/

Yep it was smoked as well. See I really don't have any desire to even try another method of administration. Vaporization gives me an intense experience with super fast onset and quick comedown which is just the way I like it. I think I'll be trying 75mg's next time. If I can get it all vaporized and inhaled that is. Even at 50mg's it was quite a bit of smoke...

boywonder said:
If I can get it all vaporized and inhaled that is. Even at 50mg's it was quite a bit of smoke...

Yeah, with having such a quick onset, and being a relitively high quantity to smoke, it's understandable. Although, I'm also interested in the other routes of administration, namely insufflation, and IM/IV.

Originally Posted by Church

It may not be necessary just like it is not necessary for DPT. However, mono-amines aren't either totally broken down or not affected at all by an MAO-i. Rather, they would be broken down at different rates. An effective dose of a chemical is one that is absorbed by your body at a quicker rate than
MAO can metabolise. By adding a MAO-i, you should be able to lower the effective dose or any route of administration.

Well I certainly wouldn't go as far as saying its orally active DMT ;) ;) hehe.

But yeah, with DPT, i've taken moclobemide (mao-a inhibitor) beforehand and it was MUCH stronger, so i'd guess it would potentiate MET also.

Also with smoking DMT, an maoi beforehand seemed to slow down the comeup time, maybe that would allow you to take a giant rip of MET, hold for a bit.. blow out, take another huge giant rip.. dunno.

I just got some and still no one else has any more info about it?
I guess I'll be reporting in a few days about its effects....

The great thing about MET is that you can smoke a little, see how you feel, and decide if you want more. With DMT, you just have to take a quick hit or two, sit back, and hang on. The increased length of the MET experience makes it easier to redose and get to the level you desire. And I didn't notice significant tolerance between doses, so you can try again, and again, and again. Enjoy.;)