• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Mescaline Extraction thread

Kash his A/B is a MESS. Straining through a cheese cloth or t-shirt is just a bunch of misery, the snot can't be cooked off, what a pain in the ass. Took me 2-3 days to boil, filter, repeat 6 times and then reduce. I hope I got everything out, the last 2 times I lightly boiled the stuff (in more water than recommended btw, the more the better I found) for half an hour at least, I got a very lightgreen return instead of the golden brown liquids I got back the first 2 times, the 3rd and 4th time were still brown, but already a lot less tan. So 5-6 times is probably right.

Don't have toluene, don't have xylene. Have thinner with xylene and isobutanol though, but no percentages and it's probably moslty isobutanol, so that's no good. Don't understand why I can't use hexane instead of toluene or xylene, they're all nonpolar, but it doesn't pick up mescaline freebase apparently? I'm not that into chemistry, so if anyone can explain why it wouldn't work, that'd be appreciated. Instead of basifying the acidic aqueous extract now and pulling it into the xylene/toluene, why not defat it with the hexane I already have a couple of times to get rid of the goo, then basify the aqueous extract and then throw in some acid, why wouldn't that work?

Also do not have hydrochloric acid in house and wonder wether it'd be really necessary to buy when I do have tartaric acid, doesn't seem like a big deal to swap out the two? Just checking before I go and fuck it up, need to let the stuff settle for 12 hours at least to get rid of the remaining sludge anyways, so I can wait untill someone can point me in the right direction. I get a bit lost when I see so many different teks and recommendations and no real answers to the questions I have. Maybe I should read this whole thread, but it's late, lol.

I wish I could answer your questions. I see no reason why tartaric acid wouldn't work. I know that xylene does pick up some more alkaloids than, say, naphtha, as using xylene when extracting DMT will get you jungle spice, red DMT basically, with more alkaloids in it (Depending on what plant source you use). I will say that xylene is nasty stuff, I put some xylene outside of my house, next to it, to evaporate overnight, and my entire house was overwhelmed with xylene smell, felt like I could barely breathe. And it evaporates very slowly.

I'm not completely sure myself, but citrate apparently forms a goo instead of crystals, so had my doubts about the tartrate. Should probably still do it's job though, but I really just want to see crystals form.

So the hexane might not work because it's an aliphatic saturated compound and toluene and xylene are aromatic hydrocarbons? Still not sure what this all means since I get a pretty good return of dmt with hexane on mhrb, guess I should do some last pulls on the mhrb with xylene or toluene as well to make sure I don't leave out anything, stupid stb teks wasting product, sigh.

Oh well, guess I'll buy some toluene, lower boiling point compared to the xylene in case I want to ever evap it. I can't buy more than 500ml at a time due to eu regulations though and there's shipping costs, while I can buy 5litres of xylene for only double the price without shipping costs, so hmm. What do I need 5L for though, lol. Still wanna try the hexane just to see what it does, but don't want to risk anything, I'll just try to follow procedures as much as possible this time around and not experiment for the sake of experimenting.

I do know that next time I'll just say fuck it and extract everything in methanol or isopropyl alcohol first and dissolve the remaining gooey extract in some water, lot less filtering and snot involved, hopefully. Seriously, what a mess.

Well damn, xylene got in, but this extraction is torture. I reduced the 400ml of acetic acid/mescaline extract I had to 150 ml and basified with 25gr NaOH on 50ml distilled water, there was about 25ml of goop still left in the cylindrical flask, so I was like, that's a waste, put it back in anyways. Don't know if that is the problem here, I'm reading it shouldn't make much of a difference, but this stuff leads to emulsions so easy, shake up the xylene with the now basified extract and you can literally wait forever for it to seperate.

This is the second shake I'm doing right now and it's the same thing all over I had on the first shake. I solved that with 25ml of distilled water + 15gr of potassium hydroxide and a bunch of table salt, NaCl. I threw in a bunch more table salt this second time around but it's not doing anything anymore, no seperation. Going to try a bit more KOH and hope for the best. Warm water bath doesn't really work, reading about vibrations right now, but how on earth am I going to do that, no idea.

Still need to do this 2 more times and that's going to take longer than I expected, like everything in this a/b tek.

Oh yeah the xylene reeks, lol, you sure as hell got that right, very paint thinnerish. 😄 Kinda woozy if you inhale too hard and too long, great stuff.

Ok, so simply adding more water, making sure the water you add is saturated with salt and warm, also be sure to add some more KOH or NaOH to it (I suggest KOH as it's apparently less likely to lead to emulsions) to basify it further and most of the emulsion will clear up. I still have a tiny bit left I can't get rid of no matter what I do, but hopefully I once again got most of the goodies out, it's a tiny bit on the whole. Seperating the fluids without a seperatory funnel is more than time consuming if you only have a little glass pipette that holds at most 1.5 ml at a time, but I'm done.

My head hurts from all the solvents. I bought some 10% hydrochloric acid and added like 20 ml to 100 ml of distilled water, rather have some excess I can wash off later with some Methylethylketon, I'm not going to math.

I'll edit some pics in later, or in the next post. I think I got it when the water changed colour and the xylene became cloudier, now I just need to seperate the water I saturated in hcl from the xylene and evap it, once again without a seperatory funnel, which sucks, it'd be so much easier if I had one.

I'm also not going to get rid of anything to make sure I won't waste much material. Might do a last pull on the basified goopy extract with the xylene at a slightly higher temperature and do a second salting of the xylene to make sure all the mescaline is released from the xylene as well, "one salting should be enough", but I'm not risking it anymore after going through that tek, lots of things haven't gone according to plan, so I'm a little weary of every step now.

I had the brilliant idea of freezing to seperate the xylene from the water. But xylene rather is xylenes, one of the xylene isomers has a melting point of 13 degrees celcius, p-Xylene. It freezes nicely with the water, it absolutely reeks, moreso than the full spectrum of solvents.

I ordered a seperatory funnel. =D Had enough of it.