View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ibogaine/Iboga Thread

K9Unit

Bluelighter
Ive been trying to find some info on it for quite some time, and whats on erowid and lyceaum, isnt all to sufficiant. Any free lance info is welcome. Any responses at all on this subject are welcome. So just post your Opinions, comments, questions, or answers, anything at pertianing to Ibogiane.

ibogain is supposed to be a drug that gives u some insight bout ur life
while when tripping u can get some pretty nasty hallucinacions...
it also seems to be a drug that can stop addiction (heroin addiction for example) pretty much completely in one trip...
but i think its pretty expensive

I think the way it fights heroin addiction is that it destroys the receptors which heroin effects. If not destroying them entirely then certainly reducing their effectiveness.
I guess if this is true then you may want to avoid it if you're planning on trying heroin any time.
I'll check the book for more info & post it here tomorrow, but now its late.
[ 14 February 2002: Message edited by: Plague Bearer ]

Yeah I have read an article, in Creative Loafing (a libral magazine, thats printed here in GA) how a patient who was undergoing addiction treatment, with the help of Ibogian, and durring a Ibogain session she died, and it was later found that she had snuck into the bathroom and snorted a line, of herion. They didt say why she died, but I have even though I cant find any proof on this, Ive always thought that Ibogiane is a MOAI, and because of that the Herion killed her, this opens up a new possibilty of for her death, on how her Narcotic receptors, were fryed and the Herion acted as a poison.
And in refrance about Ibogian tripping, it seems that you are able to vividly relive memories, but mosly the bad ones, like it gives you a chance to go live that memory agian in side your mind, and make the right chioce, instead of the wrong one. Ive always thought that Treatment for addiction using ibogian was a psychological thing, not physical. Oh well I learned something new today.

generally i line of heroin could kill someone if they over did, which she probly did when she didnt feel it

If Ibogaine destroyed your opiate receptors or significantly weakened them then you'd probably end up with some problems. Those receptors weren't put there just for opiates to make you feel good, they are used to regulate pain, and if they're messed with like that they could probably do something funky to your pain perception.
My understanding is that Ibogaine weakens withdrawal symptoms from opiates, weakens your tolerance for opiates/alcohol/stimulants, and can reverse the dopamine releases caused by cocaine. Those are just the pharmacological effects though, here's a nice little quote from the Ibogaine FAQ:
"Ibogaine's actions breaks down into three component parts. The first is a four to six hour period emulating dreaming in which either visual presentations or thoughts dealing with past events are experienced. The second is a cognitive or intellectual period in which those experiences are evaluated and the third is a period of residual stimulation eventually resulting in sleep. It is after the patient awakes that the effects are principally noticed in a lack of a desire in the majority of patients to seek or use the drugs they were abusing. However, it should be noted that the responses to the drug are very individual just as the patient has individual characteristics."
Hope this helps.
-ikarus

Is the Use of Ibogian, simply for the insightfull, and vivid trippping, practile. I know that its not a drug people really "enjoy". its not something to have fun with, but is the tripp it self, worth experiancing?

http://www.ibogaine.org/barabe.html
http://www.nettuno.it/electric-italy/ibogaine.htm
http://www.entheogen.com/ibogainextraction.html
http://www.discover.nl/archief/1999/1999-4/ibog_eng.html
http://www.salon.com/travel/feature/1999/11/03/iboga/print.html
There you go, and if that's not enough information, google pulled up literally thousands of sites when I punched in iboga, these are just some of my favorite articles. The last one is interesting as its the personal account of a journalist who travelled to Africa to take part in an iboga ritual.
Something to be noted is that although iboga is illegal in the US, the plant voacanga africana isn't and it also contains ibogaine alkaloids.
Pure

Pure, I was wondering if you knew the comparison between ibogoid alkaloids in A.Voacanga vs. T.Iboga? The information on voacanga is scarce, and I've had the seeds laying around for quite some time now, but never felt the drive to test them out, since I can't really get any conclusive evidence on what they do. But the (very few) reports out there don't seem to be at all analogous to Iboga experiences.
Eager to learn..
OHM

the predominant alkaloid in Voacanga seeds is reported to be tabersonine (which is structurally closer to yohimbine than it is to ibogaine...)

Plant it anywhay man, the plant looks really cool, and you could always extract it.

i havent read the thread all in all,
i just wanted to say that it really helps with H-addiction
i used to be on H, not very long (about one year) and am clean after the iboga experience.....

even if you are not addicted to anything but inerrested in psychedelix, i think this substance has got a enormous potential....

i try to write an english trip report the next days...

K9Unit said:
Is the Use of Ibogian, simply for the insightfull, and vivid trippping, practile. I know that its not a drug people really "enjoy". its not something to have fun with, but is the tripp it self, worth experiancing?

Yhat is a question that only you can truly answer. It is not something to be taken lightly, but if you feel you need to take your life in a whole new direction, maybe it is.

theres a book out at the moment called supernatural .. . (apart from being an excellent book in other regards) it contains a trip report of ibogaine, as well as some basic information on the drug itself, and info. on traditional use.

good book whether you're interested in ibogaine or not!

I hope you realise this thread is almost five years old....