• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy IAP / 5-APDI Thread

the_anatomist

Bluelighter
I am having a hard time finding any info on this substance. I visited erowid and found this IAP trip. Other than that I have only spoken to one other person about the experience. This person agrees with the erowid trip report that IAP is very similiar to MDMA without some of the amphetamine side effects and hang over.

If you have any experience with IAP, please share. Other info regarding the drug will be appreciated as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess that why I'm interested LeadSinger. I can't imagine anything being more euphoric than E but if IAP is it then I'm wondering why it isn't so popular.

Chemically, IAP is MDA without the oxygens in the MD ring, making it a methylene ring rather than a methylenedioxy ring.

unfortunately i have never used this chemical, so i have no real information to contribute here; i could only take information from elsewhere and paste it in here...

IAP

Tried IAP orally, 50mg + 25mg at T+1:07, a few weeks ago, and can confirm existing reports. Long acting (12 hours before sleep possible), similar in feel to MDMA, but much, much milder. No "launch", very gradual come-up at about 1 hour. No "crash" or other negative effects the following day or (as of today) three weeks later.

my friend asked me to pass this on, although his experience didn't differ that much from the other reply's..well, a friend of mine and his lady friend played guinee pig..they found it to be, at 50mg., very long lasting and mdma 'like', although not nearly as full and.satisfying..left him wanting more..sorta half way there, which was rather dissapointing, but which also leads me to wonder what a higher dose would be like..it felt very benign, and yes it took nearly 2 hours to reach full effect, way after he had given up on it, and yes also a gradual comeup, and no real crash either..anyone tried this at say 60-70 mg. or higher?..i'd be very curious to hear..peace..

Earth and Fire have (apparently) not put up an official IAP vault yet, but i would expect it once they collect more information.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/iap/

that's what they have, and all i can add.

Please be very careful about highly trying unexlplored drugs... Look up MPTP and look at what can possibly happen if one tries subtances which have not been investigated by numerous users. Personally, i don't think im excactly up to be the first death from a substance.

peace,
Nitin

propane?

out of morbid curiosity i took 50mgs iap @ approx. 5:00pm orally. by 6:00 am feeling something, by 7:00 i have reached 'plateau'. nothing earth-shaking, but i became very satisfied, very good humored and upbeat. my motivation went to shit8) and by midnight I was pretty much down. i had to ask myself whether or not i was down, (the mild pupil dilation had subsided by this point) as the transition was so smooth. it seemed to break the depression i had been in for 2 weeks after an argument with my father that ended with his arrest. anyhoo, I found this chemical to be much more 'similar' in feel to mda than e.

odd, but though I was 'on', i was VERY mellow, and VERY satisfied with things in general (worth noting as that mindset is somewhat rare for me.
:| next time i will try 70mg?

hope my 2cents helps!

First time today with IAP, i took about 50mg in a gelcap. I was talking to my roommate after about 15 minutes, and, i think i might have been talking a little more than normal. t+25 mins i was starting to feel warmth. t+45 mins, sound sounds wonderful.

A while later for a good another hour, i felt incredibly euphoric and good. You know, I was keeping track of times, but then i got walking around in euphoria, I felt like I could/would have hugged or "been all up on" any female that was to come over. There were some minor visuals, that started a little later than the euphoria, some that were the "typical" wall morphing (mild), but the way colors were brightened, it was unique, "bright" in a different way than other psychedelics. It was all good... I did notice when it was wearing off i got the chills, feel sorta cold. Thats the only bad part i noticed (sucks when you live in a colder area). I will write up a trip report soon.

First time today with IAP, i took about 50mg in a gelcap. I was talking to my roommate after about 15 minutes, and, i think i might have been talking a little more than normal. t+25 mins i was starting to feel warmth. t+45 mins, sound sounds wonderful.

A while later for a good another hour, i felt incredibly euphoric and good. You know, I was keeping track of times, but then i got walking around in euphoria, I felt like I could/would have hugged or "been all up on" any female that was to come over. There were some minor visuals, that started a little later than the euphoria, some that were the "typical" wall morphing (mild), but the way colors were brightened, it was unique, "bright" in a different way than other psychedelics. It was all good... I did notice when it was wearing off i got the chills, feel sorta cold. Thats the only bad part i noticed (sucks when you live in a colder area). I will write up a trip report soon.

How about duration? The reports range from 6-12 hours for 50 mg.

How long did you plateau?

....and I believe this is the first time I have read of any visuals.

chemically, IAP is MDA without the oxygens in the MD ring, making it a methylene ring rather than a methylenedioxy ring.

Actually, It's MDA with each of the oxygens replaced by a methylene group, making it 3,4-trimethyleneamphetamine (IAP) as compared to 3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA)

And that raises an interesting question. What would be the psychoactivity of its MDMA homologue, i.e. 3,4-trimethylene-N-methylamphetamine i.e. N-methylIndanylaminopropane? I guess that's for another thread on another day. :)

IAP experience

Hey everyone

After reading a couple of the erowid trip reports, I decided that I just had to try IAP. I used to be very enthusiastic about e, so thought this might be a legal, less damaging alternative. I obtained a small sample, and have now tried it twice. Both times, I took 50 mg. I am an acknowledged hardhead - I need 30 mg 2c-i to get stoned, needed 60 mg + of AMT, etc. 50 mg was more than enough for me. I advise anyone taking it for the first time not to start off with more than 50. I even felt a slight body load, and would probably have been uncomfortable if I'd taken more. It is strong as that dose, but not particularly euphoric. It definitely lifts your mood though. It's pretty hard to get mad when you're on IAP. I would agree that it's most similar to MDA. By no stretch of the imagination is it an e substitute. I noticed that it does go very well with alcohol. Contrary to what some may say, I cannot see IAP catching on and being extremely popular. There is an introverted aspect to it, so most people would probably prefer e or alcohol to IAP when going out partying.

Re: IAP experience

Sonya said:
so thought this might be a legal, less damaging alternative. I

While the sale of IAP is not illegal, IAP is illegal when you use or sell it as a drug on account of the analogue laws (assuming you are in the USA). IAP is very close molecularly to MDA and you could very easily be arrested for using/selling it if the authorities actually knew what it was.

With the analogue laws in place, there are very few truly legal drugs. The psychoactive plants in the nightshade family, fly agaric mushrooms, Salvia divinorum, and a few exotic herbs from Mexico that I can't spell and am too lazy to look up are the only truly legal drugs that I can think of. Anything that is chemically related to a drug that is already illegal (IAP is related to MDA) are also illegal for human consumption. You can use IAP to scrub your sink, but that's about it.

Alright, well, i am not a user of MDMA often, a few times a year mostly at lower doses i suppose (and thats only for the last couple years). I've had "strong" doses of mdma, maybe just twice. The others were sorta weak, there..but not much there. Its been a while, so i suppose its hard to compare.

I, and it seems, everyone else (that i know that have done this), seem to get a strong "E" feeling from 2c-i mixed with Neurontin. The body buzz is totally changed, into a warmth, emphathy, that kind of buzz, plus the visuals from 2ci. I've experienced this recently with 2c-t-21 also, I dont know if these things release a lot of serotonin, or the neurontin makes it do that, hell i have no idea why or how this mix works, but, if you have some PEA's and happen to have some neurontin (even just 400mg was enough for people to feel it, but 800-1200mg was better), i would highly recommend the mix! (2c-i especially!). I will have to try taking some neurontin along with IAP.

IAP after a couple hours, was SO euphoric, i believe it was way more euphoric than my previous higher dose E times. Definitely not introspective, I felt very disinhibited, horny, and unfortunately I was alone for most of the experiment, because if some girls came in with my roommate or whatever, i would have gone up to any of them and just hugged them, without thinking twice. I was very high! It did not last anywhere near 12 hours, thats for sure. The mass euphoria lasted i'd say, about 3 hours (plateau), maybe 5 hours total..

During this peak/plateau, I was getting definite trails, and the color enhancement was beautiful. No morphing or any other visuals. Music sounded incredible, I was blasting music getting chills, loving it. I found myself staring outside, when it was still light out, just looking at the brightness and clarity of everything (and taking notice of any female passing by).

I will have to try a lower dose next time, and see how that compares, or maybe repeated lower doses over a longer time span. I'm curious about tolerance, as I do not feel at all bad days after, i'm in a decent mood really. I read somewhere that it might be somewhat of an SSRI, maybe blocking the reuptake at the same time its releasing serotonin? Who knows.. I like this stuff though thats for sure.

** I bet sex would be wonderful on this, especially if you reach the level of euphoria I had, there is no "limp dick" problem, from the lack of stimulation (and vaso-constriction).

^^^^^So I take it you're saying, walking along on a nudist beach while on IAP would not be a good idea?

=D

IAP- Save your money!

So there's been a growing buzz on the internet for the last couple of months about IAP, IndanylAminoPropane.

I got really curious so I procured an amount of it to try. I must say that I am wholeheartedly disappointed in it. For those of you hoping IAP would be a cool "legal" MDMA replacement, you have another thing coming. This stuff sucks, to be quite blunt.

It in NO WAY resembles MDMA. Actually, it is strikingly similar to DXM, which I also hate (of course there are some people that think that DXM is "similar" to MDMA, so whatever. Now I have a gram of this crap lying around that I wasted my money on.

50 milligrams of IAP gave me an almost identical experience as about 150 milligrams of DXM, except with just a touch of stimulation after a few hours, and this lasted longer. So those of you who love DXM will probably really like this stuff, but it's so damned expensive that you'll likely want to stick to DXM.

I now know exactly what everyone else means about this being a very anti-social drug. Basically, I just wanted to be alone and hated having to communicate with anyone. I actually fell asleep for the first 2 hours of the effects, and then became mildly stimulated for the remainder of the effects.

So here's a most negative opinion on a substance that has been getting a lot more attention than it deserves. Pass this one up, folks, there are many more interesting ones out there that aren't so expensive. It smells like a flea collar, too!

I will say this, however; I will try it at least one more time to give it another chance. Does anyone know if it can be vaporized?