• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy IAP / 5-APDI Thread

Are there dangers mixing IAP with 5-MEO-DALT?

... I have been advised that two closely related compounds, 5-meo mipt and 5-meo dipt, have been shown to act as serotonin reuptake inhibitors. Based on this I would not advise mixing 5-meo dalt with IAP which is a serotonin releaser. SSRAs and SSRIs do not mix

Last edited:
I haven't mixed IAP & 5-meo-DALT, but I once took 5-meo-DALT at the tail-end of a 6APB trip. Nothing happened for some hours, but after about 3hrs, my heart-rate went up & anxiety and depression kicked in badly for several hours. Very unpleasant indeed. But who knows, maybe that was just me?

(edited for clarity, as per below)

Last edited:
I haven't mixed IAP & DALT, but I once took DALT at the tail-end of a 6APB trip. Nothing happened for some hours, but after about 3hrs, my heart-rate went up & anxiety and depression kicked in badly for several hours. Very unpleasant indeed. But who knows, maybe that was just me?
I guess you are talking about 5-MeO-DALT instead of DALT? those are two different compounds, so using one as an abbreviation for the other is confusing and therefore must be avoided.

I haven't mixed IAP & DALT, but I once took DALT at the tail-end of a 6APB trip. Nothing happened for some hours, but after about 3hrs, my heart-rate went up & anxiety and depression kicked in badly for several hours. Very unpleasant indeed. But who knows, maybe that was just me?

Sounds pretty brutal. With my combination I would be taking IAP/5-MEO-DALT together and I'd just be coming up on the IAP when the 5-MEO-DALT took sharp effect and then fade back into IAP, but this could mean my serotonin levels could go through the roof and get locked that way leading to serotonin syndrome and death, that might well happen with 5-MEO-DALT and 6-APB too so I don't recommend trying it. I think 5-MEO-DALT is a troublesome compound in combination with other drugs and certainly one I won't be experimenting with any time soon. Stay safe

Useful that you should raise this point. I have lots of 5-MEO-DALT which I really enjoy (but only doing one thing - sex). I also have some IAP which I've found very boring in comparison to other stuff. I'm sometimes tempted to mix things, but am always cautious because of my virtual ignorance of chemistry. I suppose my IAP will just continue to sit in it's bag.

Are there dangers mixing IAP with 5-MEO-DALT?

... I have been advised that two closely related compounds, 5-meo mipt and 5-meo dipt, have been shown to act as serotonin reuptake inhibitors. Based on this I would not advise mixing 5-meo dalt with IAP which is a serotonin releaser. SSRAs and SSRIs do not mix

I addressed this where you posted it in another thread, but I will post it here too: SSRIs and serotonin releasers do mix, and are safe to do so (as long as the drugs in question are not MAOIs or potent CYP2D6 inhibitors).

Please don't make unfounded/false statements as fact.

SSRIs tend to block the effects of SRAs so while it is not generally dangerous to mix the two I don't think it's entriely correct to say that they do mix.

4-MA is apparently neurotoxic, or at least: there are symptoms observed that point to serotonin depletion that is much more serious than from something like MDMA. So unless you want to become depressed overnight I wouldn't try it. Actually I have some that I probably got when I was collecting stuff like mad, but you couldn't pay me to take it. I also have 2-MA but that sounds like an appetite suppressant mostly. Either way I believe they have their own threads in other forums if you are interested... use the search engine. :)
(Or click this http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/419580-4-methylamphetamine)

Still curious about this one. As far as I can understand, the IAP doing the rounds round vendors might not have been legit? It doesn't seem to crop up that often, which is too bad - I had placed an order with "the dane" (before a number of drugs like 4-mmc, etc. became illegal in .dk - foresight, they have, those danes) but it was never honoured because if problems relating to things previously mentioned.

Is it just that it seems so promising and people have gotten duds? Or is it just plain non-interesting, even with DRI support?

I still have most of the IAP I bought a year ago; reason being, that it is crap.

Crap like MDAI crap (useful in conjunction with other tings) or crap like in buphedrone (sucky alternative to coffee) crap? Or is it the cost/efffect ratio that comes into play here?

Enjoyed MDAI in250mgs+ amounts, so , no.

Yes, crap like I've heard buphedrone is (not had it myself). If you desperately need a stim. & have nothing laying around but this, you might not do it. (But you probably will, then wish you hadn't). Expect jaw-cletching, jitters and head-ache after your 8hrs of edging stim.

If you desperately need a stim. & have nothing laying around but this, you might not do it. (But you probably will, then wish you hadn't). Expect jaw-cletching, jitters and head-ache after your 8hrs of edging stim.
is IAP a stimulant at all? I thought it was a SSRE and as such, more sedating than stimulating?

Don't know. The stuff I have which is labelled "IAP" is very stimmy. But perhaps the label is wrong/a lie. In any case, it is at the bottom of my stash.

Don't know. The stuff I have which is labelled "IAP" is very stimmy.

This is at odds with the reports from the early to mid 2000s, where IAP was found not to be very stimulating at all, but not really sedating either.

ebola

Yes, perhaps I have something mislabeled or a mix. But the effects on me are like other stimulants: pupils dilate, very slight jaw tension... but I don't sweat hard and it isn't energising in a way that'll make me want to dance all night. And there is a slight hallucinogenic quality that makes this - especially white things & lights - shine just a touch more than usual. But it will keep me awake and allow me to drink about 3 times as much as usual. However, the next day comes with a dehydrated hangover & the shits, no matter what I do to try to mitigate it. I tend to find it most enjoyable in doses of 20-30mgs, perhaps topping up with the same amount4 hours in.

It seems that IAP(IndanylAminoPropane) would be like a weaker form of MDA with longer duration. Maybe DMAA(DiMethylAmylAmine) would make it more stimulating and stronger. IAP seems like a novel entactogen-empathogen that would make a very effective antidepressant and antianxiety type nootropic. I would love to try it and make everything peaceful and warm and happy. People with depression or social anxiety or who gets angry from the crap of life often may finally experience a normal life. If everyone was on IAP, people would probably care for and respect each other more.