• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy HPPD Thread

Izzdan said:
I see on occasion still these really bright tiny dots floating in the air ..of course they aren't there ..but kinda neat sometimes ..not sure why seeing dots is but it is ..haven't tripped in like 5 years though ..maybe it was the E ..haven't done that in 2 years ..either way was from one of the two ..

Izzdan-

Those could be "floaters". They're just like cells from your retina that detach and float through your eye jelly (or something like that). My sister was the biggest hypochondriac ever and she went to few doctors for this. They diagnosed her with "floaters". I think she probably only tripped (and only on acid) a couple of times. I think anyone can get floaters.

However, if they're bright I think I get those too. Do you notice them mainly when looking at a blue sky and they just kind of shoot around randomly really fast. I first noticed them after indulging in a weekend of tripping on REALLY GOOD mushrooms about 10 years ago. It's gotten worse over the years and I don't really trip anymore because I'm gettin' old (and I can't find anything), but I do roast a grip of diggetty. I think the dank might even do that to you. It's like I'm so kazooted all the time that I'm seeing stars. AHHAHAHAHA!

Peace,
Stoddard

^those bright dots flying around are NOT floaters. they are static, which for some reason are much much brighter when looking at the sky, but if you try hard to notice them, they are everywhere, especially in dim lighting, although duller than in the sky. the sky static looks blazing they are so bright but they are much more dispersed around the visual field

floaters are watery blobs that float down the eyeballs that you may or may not notice. you said cells from your retina that detach and float through like yee jelly, yeah that fits what they look like, not really sure if thats actually what they are though. i usually only notice them if i dont have my contacts in

i dont really have full HPPD. i have the symptoms, but they are not debilitating, and they are not as severe as i think would qualify for hppd

after smoking pot for a while (usually weekly) 2 years ago, i noticed a very slight change in the way trees looked. bit more colorful and pretty, couldnt quite put my finger on it

the first couple times i did morning glory seeds, they were chewed (not efficient). the first time i got minor visuals, it was at night though. the tree outside the window looked pastel and stitched into the sky, and there was some patterning behind my eyes. these continued in a minor way several days after the trips

i was with a friend, we smoked pot all night, then in the morning we thought what the hell? lets take some morning glories. this was my first time powdering them and then taking them. well this wasnt the best setting (no preparation) nor the best set (stayed up all night). i only got one real visual, the trees were completely cartoon (and everything else was but not like the trees). i went outside and was amazed. it lasted 13 hours and the next day, uh oh, they were still that way. and they've been like that to this day (1.5 years)

they start to get a bit less cartoony when i dont smoke pot for a while. but id really rather not quit pot right now (since taking psychedelics, pot has given me full blown trips that i can only describe as amazing)

over time, the winter after that, other hppd symptoms came out of nowhere. i assume getting the visual change from that first trip, gave me also the potential for other trip visuals. so since last winter out of the blue ive had trails, negative after images, sometimes positive after images, and lots of color swirls and clouds if i enter a dim room or close my eyes

i stopped tripping because morning glories never gave me much of a trip after that, for whatever reason, even at very high doses (12g), and i couldnt find other psychedelics. when i stopped, it was also because i wanted the hppd symptoms to subside

other psychedelics ive tried are dxm, which changed my hppd symptoms a bit (ever since hten, the visuals i get when stoned, and the minor ones when im not, are more picture-y, ie, simple patterny-pictures--hard to describe)

nitrous oxide increased my hppd symptoms and was even more visual than dxm. also gave me some cool auditory sensations, like chanting

one of hte things that really increased my hppd was (bad idea! didnt know at the time) diphenhydramine. nasty chemical

alcohol changes my hppd for a little while after i do it--i see dull colors in dimly lit places, that extend over surfaces, hard to explain. this fades a few days after alcohol. this happens even after a beer or two

aniracetam and piracetam make my hppd symptoms slightly worse

i cant recall anything else that has made my hppd noticably worse

so, although i have minor hppd symptoms, its not really full hppd. but i really dont want to do a psychedelic stronger than pot again because i fear that any visuals i get will stick with my like with morning glories. id really like to experience those mind states though:( i really wish we'd learn why these semipermanent visuals occur, and find out a way to reset the visual system

slight circles, geometric patterns (many squares, within squares, with detatched corners) of a non-describeable color, if you understand how that can be possible.
yeah, i can understand:) makes me feel like entering that universe

an interesting note, when i get those color swirls after laying down for a while, i feel nice and tired. if i take melatonin, those color swirls are increased, as well as the drowsy sensation. and a poster above mentioned that these colors he gets in the dark helps him get to sleep. and im pretty sure melatonin affects the eyes

Last edited:
max_freakout said:
I really feel for you i know that bitter anxiety you are experiencing... For me it took 7 months to get over the anxiety (and i quit smoking weed for 6 months.....highly unusual for me ;) ) and 'get used to it' but now 2 years later i am incredibly grateful for having been through it... It is a learning experience, a period of mental readjustment and healing and it's teaching you about the true nature of the physical world. You are obviously in control of things as you say 'dont worry i wont kill myself' so that means there's no danger it just takes time but you will return safely ;)

Thanks bro! :)

appreciate it.

^ even with my relatively minor hppd symptoms, ive had anxiety from it. its one thing to screw up a product you own like your computer or home or anything, but entirely another thing to semi-permanently (or permanently) alter your brain in such a noticeable way

qwe said:
^those bright dots flying around are NOT floaters. they are static, which for some reason are much much brighter when looking at the sky, but if you try hard to notice them, they are everywhere, especially in dim lighting, although duller than in the sky. the sky static looks blazing they are so bright but they are much more dispersed around the visual field

floaters are watery blobs that float down the eyeballs that you may or may not notice. you said cells from your retina that detach and float through like yee jelly, yeah that fits what they look like, not really sure if thats actually what they are though. i usually only notice them if i dont have my contacts in

i dont really have full HPPD. i have the symptoms, but they are not debilitating, and they are not as severe as i think would qualify for hppd

after smoking pot for a while (usually weekly) 2 years ago, i noticed a very slight change in the way trees looked. bit more colorful and pretty, couldnt quite put my finger on it

the first couple times i did morning glory seeds, they were chewed (not efficient). the first time i got minor visuals, it was at night though. the tree outside the window looked pastel and stitched into the sky, and there was some patterning behind my eyes. these continued in a minor way several days after the trips

i was with a friend, we smoked pot all night, then in the morning we thought what the hell? lets take some morning glories. this was my first time powdering them and then taking them. well this wasnt the best setting (no preparation) nor the best set (stayed up all night). i only got one real visual, the trees were completely cartoon (and everything else was but not like the trees). i went outside and was amazed. it lasted 13 hours and the next day, uh oh, they were still that way. and they've been like that to this day (1.5 years)

they start to get a bit less cartoony when i dont smoke pot for a while. but id really rather not quit pot right now (since taking psychedelics, pot has given me full blown trips that i can only describe as amazing)

over time, the winter after that, other hppd symptoms came out of nowhere. i assume getting the visual change from that first trip, gave me also the potential for other trip visuals. so since last winter out of the blue ive had trails, negative after images, sometimes positive after images, and lots of color swirls and clouds if i enter a dim room or close my eyes

i stopped tripping because morning glories never gave me much of a trip after that, for whatever reason, even at very high doses (12g), and i couldnt find other psychedelics. when i stopped, it was also because i wanted the hppd symptoms to subside

other psychedelics ive tried are dxm, which changed my hppd symptoms a bit (ever since hten, the visuals i get when stoned, and the minor ones when im not, are more picture-y, ie, simple patterny-pictures--hard to describe)

nitrous oxide increased my hppd symptoms and was even more visual than dxm. also gave me some cool auditory sensations, like chanting

one of hte things that really increased my hppd was (bad idea! didnt know at the time) diphenhydramine. nasty chemical

alcohol changes my hppd for a little while after i do it--i see dull colors in dimly lit places, that extend over surfaces, hard to explain. this fades a few days after alcohol. this happens even after a beer or two

aniracetam and piracetam make my hppd symptoms slightly worse

i cant recall anything else that has made my hppd noticably worse

so, although i have minor hppd symptoms, its not really full hppd. but i really dont want to do a psychedelic stronger than pot again because i fear that any visuals i get will stick with my like with morning glories. id really like to experience those mind states though:( i really wish we'd learn why these semipermanent visuals occur, and find out a way to reset the visual system

yeah, i can understand:) makes me feel like entering that universe

an interesting note, when i get those color swirls after laying down for a while, i feel nice and tired. if i take melatonin, those color swirls are increased, as well as the drowsy sensation. and a poster above mentioned that these colors he gets in the dark helps him get to sleep. and im pretty sure melatonin affects the eyes

Dude, I'm sorry, I know I'm new here and I'm not trying to be rude, but I think that you're blowing your symptoms WAY out of proportion. The only guys who have HPPD are the guys who have swallowed a whole vial of liquid on accident or the legendary "guy who spills orange juice on his pants when he has 3 sheets of cid in his pocket". I don't think the regular recreational user would have to worry about this at all UNLESS there is some pre-existing condition.

Granted, there's going to be a slight alteration in perception after tripping a lot, but most people don't notice or mind. Furthermore, I wouldn't call it a DISORDER for chrissakes. You're still able to live a normal life aren't you? I've done A LOT substancesl, I've smoked dank for 10 years, and I've pretty much done it all. I know guys who have tripped every day for months and they're doing fine, you couldn't even tell if you met them. Maybe you had some pre-existing condition.

One thing I haven't done: RCs. If you've done a lot of RCs then maybe you really do have the "Disorder". Since people haven't been really doing RCs for as long, no one really knows the effects of long-term usage.

Good luck, man. Give it some time, lay low for awhile and you'll be fine. If it gets worse after laying off of stuff then maybe I'd go see a neurologist or something.

Peace,
Stoddard

^^^ Your approach could be toned down a bit.

I've tripped 94 times. And it has been years since my ceiling texture sat still. If I'm at work, working ontop of gravel doing concrete stuff, the gravel will start to fluidize and move. My text doesn't really sit all that still anymore. And the list does go on.

I haven't done much LSD but DPT, 5meo-mipt, and 2ce seem to be main ones in that it's worse in the week after I do them.

forest_walker said:
If I'm at work, working ontop of gravel doing concrete stuff, the gravel will start to fluidize and move.

Don't worry about it. Gravel has a tendency to do that till it sets up.

haha. about the whole floaters thing. Ive noticed I have one since I was very young. Long before drugs were ever used by me. It appears one or two semi transparent black dots that I can nearly focus on that follow my vision. Ive always thought of them as like a targeting sight in my eye. Although it doesnt target anything and likes to move all over ;). Anyways im sure some people have more of these naturally but just never notice it until later. I might have more who knows.

A lot of this is due to the nature of psychedelics themselves. Our mind is set up so that our senses are refined to a point where all the uneven or unwanted information is filtered out and everything is refined into a streamlined smooth broadcast. Psychedelics inhibit these filters making those removed features more prominent and noticeable. I see it only natural that once our brain has its filters inhibited enough that it naturally tunes itself to include this new previously unrecognized stream of information into our existing refined broadcast. Making for what we are calling HPPD. I think that a lot of this is a natural process and that the reason it goes away is because our brain is programmed to try and revert itself back to a more filtered state. Hence the reason many people who get this eventually return to normal.

stoddard said:
Dude, I'm sorry, I know I'm new here and I'm not trying to be rude, but I think that you're blowing your symptoms WAY out of proportion.

Yeah, fucking annoying to see so many people claim they've got HPPD..

I've said it before and I'll say it again, 99% of all people claiming to have HPPD do NOT have it.

J. Alfred Prufrock said:
Don't worry about it. Gravel has a tendency to do that till it sets up.

Lol.

I want to be clear in that while I don't believe I have near severe enough symptons to say I have HPPD, I DO notice the effects of my prolonged psych use and it is something that I do consider significant.

Dude, I'm sorry, I know I'm new here and I'm not trying to be rude, but I think that you're blowing your symptoms WAY out of proportion.

well i do not think i have the disorder. i dont know if you read my post but i said that specifically:

what i said is that all of the visuals i got from my trip, continued to this day, and it wasnt a very visual trip except in one aspect (trees). thus the main problem with it is i dont want to do lsd or another psychedelic because i probably have a much higher risk of getting real hppd, it seems that the visuals would continue after lsd too and that they would be much stronger than with morning glories, and might in fact be debilitating

and yes i can live my life normally, and in fact it's kind of nice to have everything so beautiful and to have colors jump out at me (it's like i never realized what color actually was before my trip)

Blowmonkey said:
Yeah, fucking annoying to see so many people claim they've got HPPD..

I've said it before and I'll say it again, 99% of all people claiming to have HPPD do NOT have it.

I dont care what you think... I have hppd. regardless.
I've done enough reserch about HPPD and my own personal research amongst myself to know 100% that I have it.

capEr said:
I've done enough reserch about HPPD and my own personal research amongst myself to know 100% that I have it.

He said 99%. Not 100%.

I'm certain he was talking about qwe.

capEr said:

how long ago did you stop smoking weed? To be diagnosed "HPPD" you have to abstain from all drugs for 6 months (including nicotine/caffeine). I more or less agree with Blowmonkey most people claiming to have HPPD do not truly have HPPD.

^yeah most of what ive seen in this thread, is entirely normal after psychedelic usage, and for some people normal without any drugs

subdefy said:
how long ago did you stop smoking weed? To be diagnosed "HPPD" you have to abstain from all drugs for 6 months (including nicotine/caffeine). I more or less agree with Blowmonkey most people claiming to have HPPD do not truly have HPPD.

I have to obstain from drugs for 6 months?? oh fuck im doomed..

i havent smoked pot in over a month and i havent used any drugs at all really. Iam no longer ever going to eat acid or Ecstacy ever again. And i cant smoke pot cuz it makes my problem even worse. So this is what i'am like now.... so another 4-5 months i'm screwed I guess I as of now can honestly say inside and out.. suffer every symptom of HPPD possible.

Do you know what its like to get motion sickness from standing still because your vision makes you feel like your all over the place? (dead sober too..)

and im sure HPPD isnt all about the visuals either... it can get pretty physical.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=234573 <-- check out this thread i made on The Dark Side just before concluding to myself what my problem really is. (HPPD)

psychicpsycho said:
one word: hypochondriacs

I highly doubt it... i know the difference between feeling sick and thinking your sick.