• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'How have Psychedelics changed You' Thread

Yes. Couldn't really put my finger on exactly what it is that changed though. Mainly for the better i'd like to think.

Yes I used to be a frog, but now I'm a handsome prince...

I hold LSD responsible for ending my severe shyness as a teenager. Nearly as good as a frog to as prince =D

I think experiences surrounding the drug changed me more than the drug actually did. I'd definitely have to experiment with it more since I've only done it a few times.

experiences tend to change people. experiences on/with lsd tend to be very powerful, so there is potentially a powerful change. IME, yes, very much so. Though after some time without psychedelics, old patterns do reinforce themselves unless I work on them. What has mainly changed for me in the long run is my awareness of self and surroundings. But even awareness kina goes back to "normal" after some time. I like to take LSD again after such time, as a reminder of my potential..... true change comes from within, not from any drug. Drugs are catalysts. Granted, LSD is a poweful catalyst.

A more mundane way of answering the question:

When i first took LSD it left me in a perpetual state of doubt and uncertainty and all this brings with it.

After having taken LSD many times over many years I can day it has made me a more self-confident (even if less cocksure and less arrogant) and more compassionate person. Kinda self-critical and self-confident at the same time, due to increasted self-awareness. And more trusting in the sense that I like to think that what happens may be shit but it is what is supposed to happen, si it's up to me to accept it. It was LSD that first made me aware, all from within myself, of basic Buddhist/Taoist concepts (well before I had ever read anything at all about these ways of assessing life).

I am very grateful for that, and I intend to eat more LSD from time to time, not least for these reasons.

Last edited:
lsd during my teenage years WITHOUT QUESTION had a strong influence in shaping my life, philosophy, musical tastes, ethics, and overall belief system. even if it was only a catalyst allowing my true self to emerge, it did the trick.

a trip at the zoo solidified my switch to vegetarianism. 15 years later, and still no meat. i doubt that same day at the zoo without tripping would have had the same immidiate effect, although i am sure i would have made the switch 'eventually'. that part is 'me'.

but lsd definitely has the power to allow for permanent change if you are open to self-analysis/exploration. a different perspective and stronger emotional response is sometimes all one needs.

yes changed me.

I put it down to something like this - if you only ever look at something from one perspective, you cant see everything that's there, if you take multiple perspectives, more things become apparent

eg:

looking at a tree from one point, you can't see behind the tree. take another viewpoint and compare it with the previous one. . you can see what remains constant regardless of opinion/perspective and what is variable.

fastandbulbous said:

I hold LSD responsible for ending my severe shyness as a teenager. Nearly as good as a frog to as prince =D

same situation for me. Sometimes i think to myself, i owe everything to acid.

fastandbulbous said:

LOL!

LSD helped me deprogram the Xtain script that ran in me as a child/adolescent. Hell, I (literally even) began to believe that my dealer at the time was Christ. It was a LONG trip, but I made it through with a modicum of sanity;) .

AcidRain said:
I put it down to something like this - if you only ever look at something from one perspective, you cant see everything that's there, if you take multiple perspectives, more things become apparent
I'm with you on that one.

before scratching the surface with LSD I suspected life might be very rich.
after scratching the surface with LSD I knew it was very rich.
this has added a lot of optimism to my outlook.
luckily I have not scratched the surface right off,
so the inside and outside can be kept kosher (separate) as they need to be.

I have to say I learned most because of a bad trip I had a while ago. It learned me to appreciate life because I kinda believed I lost 'life' during the trip.
You realize how much something means to you when you lost it. And despite how horrible the experience was, I learned. And changed my life for the better, I thank acid for that

AcidRain said:
yes changed me.

eg:

looking at a tree from one point, you can't see behind the tree. take another viewpoint and compare it with the previous one. . you can see what remains constant regardless of opinion/perspective and what is variable.

You put your finger right on it for me. This is absolutely right on.=D

I suspect it brings about change mainly in those people prepared and willing to change. And I think I am definitely a better person for it.

However I did see a documentary many years ago which featured a group of people (artists, writers & etc.) who spoke about their group trip in the English countryside. One of them said he had a bad trip and never took acid again. His "bad trip" was going into his car boot, taking out his picnic, opening up a ham sandwich and suddenly realising that it was actually 'dead pig'. He was horrified, and missing the irony, decided to stick to dead pig rather than acid.

C'est la vie.

E

Yes, after my last trip I pissed off everybody and now none of them talk to me anymore. About fucking time.

Yeah it has helped me come up with ways to deal with my own problems ive been facing, and look at things from a new perspective. Thanks to my mind being opened up enough cause of it i can now look inside myself to figure out how to correct my mistakes/what im doing wrong in life, this has got to the point where i know what i need to do now and refuse to judge myself on my past but what i want to do in future. Without those experiences i would be in a much much worse position and relying on long/pointless therapy sessions...

I see acid as a sort of dye for your mind, revealing the mechanics for a closer look.

fastandbulbous said:

Same, LSD gave me the strength to change my horrible thought patterns, and basically realise hey- I can look people in the eyes, and- UNBELIEVEABLE- I can talk to other humans! Hooray!

LSD has certainly enhaced my curiouslity, there really no subject that I encounter that doesn't lead back to my fundamnetal pursuit of a good concept of reality. I'm interested in chemistry, botany, medicine/psychology, physics, shamanism and anthropology, love music of all kinds, psychoacoustics, metaphysics.... oh and drugs. The chemical itself didn't bring about my changes, but the realisation I could think/be whoever I wanted and that my freedom was ABSOLUTE certainly c ame abut from the release of fears and confronataion of fears endured under LSD.

Personally DMT has furthered my spiritual/ metaphysical quest moreso, but thats in a different league. I wouldn't be on a quest if it weren't for acid, and to a lesser exten mescaline.

LSD definitely changed me. In so many ways that it would be much easier to explain how it hasn't changed me. I firmly believe that the multitude of experiences I've had with the drug have helped give me the confidence and direction I have in my life today. I could wax poetic about it all day long, but it would end up sounding like an infomercial. Suffice it to say, LSD saved my life.

No hyperbole here.

LSD.... showed me how fragile humanity is. Donno how to explain.

Catfish said:
Yes, after my last trip I pissed off everybody and now none of them talk to me anymore. About fucking time.
Agreed. That's reason enough for me to take it, to get the assholes to stop talking to me.

This, typed on a 50mcg "afternoon enhancer," wait--let me check.....no, there are no assholes talking to me at the moment.