Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ETH-LAD Thread

Solipsis

Bluelight Crew

Welcome to the central ETH-LAD thread

LSD_ETH_LAD.gif

formula = 6-ethyl-6-nor-lysergic acid diethylamide
IUPAC formula = (6aR,9R)-N,N-diethyl-7-ethyl-4,6,6a,7,8,9-hexahydroindolo-[4,3-fg]quinoline-9-carboxamide

blotter_info.jpg

Info

ETH-LAD is an analogue of LSD, a homologue to be specific - in the series AL-LAD also belongs to. It is a little more potent than LSD (though I remember the same was claimed about LSZ), and also a little harder and/or more expensive to synthesize. Compensate if your blotter is not dosed low according to this higher potency, and start low (which is always a smart strategy).

The duration is 8-12 hours according to Sasha Shulgin in TIHKAL, which happens to be the same duration he notes for LSD.

Some qualitative notes on it are reminiscent of AL-LAD in that it is found to be a bit less serious and more gentle or easy than LSD itself, in both positive and negative sense. Less agressive, less demanding

the actual entry

Not much of a trip report, more of a ride...beautiful, acid like, but allowing yourself to take it for a ride then vice versa. Sensual, warm, visual, yet not overbearing.. Music is still sounding phenominal... It's perfect. I am currently at the 6 hour mark, and I just ordered Indian food. I am sure it's going to taste awesome. Wish my girlfriend was here.... Would be a very nice time I. That regards I would suspect.

This is truly a great time to be alive....

Last edited by a moderator:
I dosed 150ug ETH-LAD blotter tab about 26h ago, sub bucally. Effects were already obvious at 20mins. Quickly climbed to a plateau at ~1h, held at plateau for ~3-5h, then diminished over the next 2-3h. I was able to sleep around 8h after dosing. Nice afterglow the next day after very little sleep, able to function well, less "hangover" than if I'd stayed up that late without drugs.

This covers turf very familiar to the LSD headspace, but it has a distinct flavor. While I find LSD to be often wild-eyed cerebral mania, ETH-LAD felt much warmer and gentler, more heart-centered. It feels like a brother to LSD. I was surprised how quickly it came on, about as fast as LSD for me. The dosage was really strong, stronger than any single tabs of LSD I've had before (stronger than the AL-LAD and LSZ tabs too), but because of the forgiving nature of this drug, it was in no way difficult. I'm really glad these are dosed at 150ug, it's perfect.

Music, sound, the visual field were all amazing of course. Vivid fractal geometry when I let it come in.

I love everything about this drug. It's everything I was hoping it would be. This IS truly a great time to be alive. Long live ETH-LAD.

I'll probably come back in and edit in more thoughts later. It's a bit hard to package up the experience of a drug into some words.

A few more scribblings:

-The tabs were distinctly sour, pretty much same taste as LSD has to me, electric sour. I know there's a lot of doubters out there who don't think it's possible to taste LSD, but this has an undeniable taste to me. I won't discount the possibility that it's just the ink on the tabs, or something that tabs get complexed with. But ink never tastes like that to me on anything else, and if these are complexed it would probably be with a cyclodextrin, which I imagine should taste sweet.

-There were strong feelings of goodness, love, desire to connect with people (simultaneous to some social intimidation). So it does feel rolly entactogenic, but not aggressively so, like MDMA can be.

-like most decent psychedelics, all senses are enhanced. Tactile, taste, sound, vision, empathy, etc

-it kind of felt like how I imagine a tab of LSD would feel like mixed with about 8mg of 2C-E, and maybe a 20mg pinch of MDMA thrown in. I've never combo'd LSD and 2C-E, let alone with MDMA as well, so this is just conjecture. Could there be something about that ethyl group? Doesn't really make sense that an ethyl group would have some crossover in effects between these two unrelated compounds (or does it?).

-It's not giddy like AL-LAD, but it still has lots of humour. Similar to AL-LAD, I found it neither stimulating nor sedentary, neutral in that regard.

-This is my favourite out of the new lysergamides that I've tried (AL-LAD, LSZ, ETH-LAD). If you asked me right now, I'd say that I like it more than the original, LSD. Of course this isn't tried and true the way LSD is, so be skeptical! I'm curious to try 1P-LSD to compare.

-It's not alpha-dominant the way LSD can be, more like that really cool friend who has his shit together and doesn't have anything to prove, and is just super awesome to hang out with.

-It's very lucid, I didn't find it dissociating at all.

-It was easy to notice the incredible beauty in things and people.

Last edited:
Very interesting compound, I will be following this thread for sure and of course, add my own experience to it if I end up trying it. As someone who trips very rarely, this comment is of some concern to me though:

"I suspect that this material is rather unstable in solution, even as the tartrate in dilute saline, although I cannot guess why that should be. A few months in the dark, at zero degrees and in the absence of air, led to a very real drop in potency, measured by a control assay of a freshly made solution of the same nominal concentration" - A.Shulgin in TIHKAL

One can only hope that the shelf-life proves to be much better on blotter but it doesn't sound good to me. I'm not one to stock pile but even 5 blotters would last me way longer than a few months. Just wanted to put this out there in case someone is about to stock up.

Very interesting compound, I will be following this thread for sure and of course, add my own experience to it if I end up trying it. As someone who trips very rarely, this comment is of some concern to me though:

"I suspect that this material is rather unstable in solution, even as the tartrate in dilute saline, although I cannot guess why that should be. A few months in the dark, at zero degrees and in the absence of air, led to a very real drop in potency, measured by a control assay of a freshly made solution of the same nominal concentration" - A.Shulgin in TIHKAL

One can only hope that the shelf-life proves to be much better on blotter but it doesn't sound good to me. I'm not one to stock pile but even 5 blotters would last me way longer than a few months. Just wanted to put this out there in case someone is about to stock up.

I was also worried about this, from what I've read, at least some of the tabs going around are covered with a 1.5mg/blotter layer of Cyclodextrin, which supposedly should provide extra protection... But I'm still not sure of it's shelf-life

Hopefully because the ETH-LAD isn't in solution (so long as you keep it bone dry), and because the blotters are possibly complexed, it will last much longer.

Can anyone else speculate on the stability of this compound in a long term storage scenario?

It would be a good experiment to abuse a couple of tabs by leaving them in non-optimal conditions for a couple of months, say in the dark in an unsealed baggie at the back of a drawer, and see what happens. This might be a good simulation for longer term storage, like keeping it with dessicant in the freezer over a few years.

I'm doing this with some AL-LAD that I've had out for about a year. I haven't had the chance to test it yet except for some micro-doses, which are a bit hard to gauge for potency. It would be amazing if ETH-LAD can be kept long term, this one is such a gem.

I got my Al-lad and 1p, and a couple lsz's in deep freeze, not too worried about those... This eth-lad is fantastic! I have used Al-lad I had stored for about a year with no loss of effects. Vacuumed sealed and froze. If I can get that kind of stability from eth-lad, I would definately stock up. These times are not going to last forever.

I emailed a vender, and they say it's hard to say, but if stored properly they suspect years of viable research.

Last edited by a moderator:
So will this fall under the same ban as al-lad in the uk or will it be legal ?

Can you guys compare to 1p LSD? Would you say near LSD mental depth is aquirable with this compound but without the risk of a bad trip /thought loops sort of the protection AL-LAD provides? I know its still possible to have a bummer on all of these but some carry a lighter weight risk (AL-LAD). A compound the produces fresh and new but intricate visuals like LSD but with a gentler headspace would be aweosme! HOw would you describe this stuff visually?

PS often times depth comes with a deep spiritual aspect...I found AL-LAD lacked this a bit....how does ETHYL measure up ?

@Everyone:
Can I ask that everyone curbs their enthousiasm? :) Just a reminder that while a lot of us are very happy that new ergolines see the light of day, we must think of the purpose of the thread and also future readers. So post in the thread if you have useful information to share, or anything relevant. Alternatively, posts may be hidden later to improve readability. Thanks for your cooperation!

Hey guys this just a brief trip report on the new ergloid eth-lad. I got lucky enough to try a sample 150ug tab.
As soon as the acid hit the back of my throat I could taste it. Not actually but I know anyone that has ate lsd before knows the kinda swelled up tounge feeling you get after a hit. That scratchy throat was noticeable.
First effects felt within 15 min. Everything gets much brighter very quickly..
Wow this one tab has me floored.
This feels so good much much better than 1p lsd much more visual.
I feal so energetic so upbeat so awesome about everything now. Absolutely no body load what so ever is felt.
Everything is funny very funny.
There is nothing but just amaxing vibes felt from this. I will be getting more that is for sure!
Wow this is better than 1p lsd in my mind and by far the Best out of all these new ergamines lsz, al lad, and 1p.
this reminds me of real lucy. Shulgins description of this compound is very accurate information. I cant describe it better than he..very good shit I can't imagine how good 300ugs will be!! xp

I want to reiterate how much of pleasure it is to have studied this chemical. Do not take things like this for granted. Its a shame that these have already been classified as illegal in the uk before it was available.
The therapeutic possibilities are there they just have not been studied.
So I deffenitly feel privileged to even have access to this quality of material.
Much love all..
Nugz.

Last edited:
Most definitely man thank you hawk.
Im just stoked that finally things like.this can be made And can be safely researched.
It sucks to know that just like lsd this will some day be illegal.
I hope not but history has not been kind.
Much love all

How does this compare with 1p in terms of thinking and the headspace?

The one thing I liked about AL-LAD (vs. my experiences with other psychedelics, especially tryptamines like 4-AcO-DMT) was that I was totally in control of my own body and capable of making decisions the way I would if I were sober. Is that mental clarity still there in ETH-LAD?

I think we're still discovering what these chemicals are all about, but in my one trial (with each, basically, besides some Microdoses etc) ETH-LAD allows more mental clarity than AL-LAD.

I wish I could answer the questions re 1p but I haven't tried it to compare