• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ephenidine (N-ethyl-1,2-diphenylethylamine) Thread

with mxe, with no tolerance I remember that even 10 mg, put me the next whole week after ingestion I felt a stimulating and little "manic" afterglow. I enjoy very much this, would be the same with ephenidine? Do the classic diss (ketamine) the same too (never tried)?

More or less all glutamatergic dissociatives seem to exhibit antidepressant effects, can cause a switch to mania in bipolar people and possibly cause mania in healthy individuals as well.

It does not happen as reliably as one may think though. I only became manic once on ephenidine and it only lasted a few hours, but it was intense as hell. Ketamine has never induced such a degree of mania in me, PCP however has done so much more reliably.

@ordinary mind
@Renald
I have used the substance intravenously on all occasions. I did consume some of it orally but was already way wasted at the time, so I really couldn't say. I have very strong suspicions that it will behave a lot like ketamine in this respect, meaning the trip will become significantly more colorful and psychedelic with faster resorption. The effects were nearly indistinguishable from ketamine during the onset and first plateau.

Ketamine behaves like this for me:
Rectal/oral: Next to no psychedelia, very poor recollection.
Intranasal
Intramuscular
Intravenous: Almost dreamlike with much better ability to remember the events, the latter probably due to the lower doses needed for an experience of the same intensity compared to other roas.

Last edited:
I want to try the substance at moderate doses very much, but can't control my panic reaction even at low doses. Any information about ephenidine /diphenidine and SSRI-SNRI combination?

If I was you I would go for ketamine instead and once you feel familiar with that you can venture into diphenethylamine territory. Ketamine is the least anxiogenic dissociative I know of. Word of advice: Don't try psychedelics if dissociatives are anxiogenic for you.

EDIT: You will also become more detached from your fears with increasing dosage.

Last edited:
If I was you I would go for ketamine instead and once you feel familiar with that you can venture into diphenethylamine territory. Ketamine is the least anxiogenic dissociative I know of. Word of advice: Don't try psychedelics if dissociatives are anxiogenic for you.

EDIT: You will also become more detached from your fears with increasing dosage.

I tried ketamine and MXE 5-10 times in low dosages. First times they, especially ketamine, very scary for me, I had several short full blown panic attacks on them. After several times I was not scared of them anymore. I am more psychologically scared of these almost unknown substances, because I feel they can be not safe, there is very little known about them.
Which one of them is least stimulating: ephenidine, diphenidine or MXP?

I tried ketamine and MXE 5-10 times in low dosages. First times they, especially ketamine, very scary for me, I had several short full blown panic attacks on them. After several times I was not scared of them anymore. I am more psychologically scared of these almost unknown substances, because I feel they can be not safe, there is very little known about them.
Which one of them is least stimulating: ephenidine, diphenidine or MXP?
You need to use a much higher dosage if you ask me. This may not sound like harm reduction, but breakthrough doses of dissociatives aren't particularly harmful and I've never heard of anyone suffering panic attacks during the experience. First time I used racemic ketamine I shot for 250mg intranasal. All fear should be abolished in that place.

Ephenidine is clearly the least stimulating, diphenidine is the most stimulating in my experience. At breakthrough doses, none of them are really stimulating, you will just lay flat on your ass.

However I got a huge manic surge on the comedown of one ephenidine session. That was insane. Even more intense than anything pcp has ever made me feel.

I understand, that dosages, I use are at best the threshold dosages, but something stops me from doing at least moderate dosage. The only moment I can try more dissociative is when I am on benzo, and then most dissociative feelings are dulled. Maybe due to my extremely cautious nature I am very scared to try unknown substance, received from unknown vendor in unknown purity. With ketamine there was no such fear after several first attempts.

I haven't really got time to post a full trip report at the moment, but just want to confirm that I went ahead with the 1p-LSD and Ephenidine combo at the weekend as planned and it seriously rocked my world in a way nothing else ever has (and I consider myself to be experienced-highly experienced). The addition of DHC also put a surprisingly interesting spin on things as I had always been led to believe that psychedelic experiences and opiates don't really mesh too well, but 160mg DHC, 200ug 1P-LSD and probably (guesswork here as I redosed) 500mg+ Ephenidine oral produced an experience which I can only describe as being literally heaven on earth... I still have an ecstatic afterglow which is strong enough to be considered tripping in itself 4 full days after, although I am functional and attending to work responsibilities without issue etc. This wasn't my most visual trip (DMT breakthrough etc.) or most profound experience of ego death.... it was quite simply a state of heaven on earth which has persisted long beyond the activity of the drugs.

So, with that said, I think it is clear that Ephenidine is going to become my dissociative of choice for the immediate future. I appreciate the run down of IV vs oral from cR00k, not sure if I'm ready to take that step yet as I am a needle virgin, but it is certainly interesting knowledge.

To break the ROAs down, here is my current understanding... oral is obviously the most straightforward option to get a feel for the substance (and thus far my favourite anyway), IV has been suggested as being deeper than oral due to the speed of the onset (and thus with all necessary hr precautions in place, is perhaps theoretically the optimal ROA). That leave vaping and plugging (insufflation doesn't seem to have any advantages that I can see). I had another attempt at vaping on foil this evening with much more success.... I can now get it to vaporise at a rate which does not feel at all damaging to the lungs. So this will allow for the quick onset of IV, but with the difficulty of inhaling a sufficient amount of the substance for a full spectrum experience. Perhaps a meth/rose pipe or some form of e vaporiser could be adapted to overcome the problem of not inhaling enough substance at one time?

Finally, on another website I read that plugging is an ideal ROA with MXP and diphenidine, but problematic due to the potential of burning the rectum/anus... basically it just sounded incredibly unappealing lol. Since Ephenidine seems slightly less caustic than the aforementioned chemicals, would this mean that plugging would be a viable and relatively easy to accomplish ROA with Ephenidine? Anyone tried?

Don't start injecting dissociatives. The rush is very intense and it is how I got started on needles. I injected a few times in the 10 years before I got hooked on poking myself, but when I started using ketamine (almost identical rush) I didn't lay down the needle for a single day in 3 months except for the two nights each week that my daughter sleeps at my place.

I personally would not try to plug this substance. The sheer amount will usually feel uncomfortable and if it's anything like ketamine it's almost worse than oral. No turning back from it for 2 days after. A small dose, say 50mg, would probably give us an idea. If the onset is quick, it is well absorbed and possibly more intense than oral roa. Otherwise, in the case of a more gradual onset, I would not consider using a full rectal dose.

I understand, that dosages, I use are at best the threshold dosages, but something stops me from doing at least moderate dosage. The only moment I can try more dissociative is when I am on benzo, and then most dissociative feelings are dulled. Maybe due to my extremely cautious nature I am very scared to try unknown substance, received from unknown vendor in unknown purity. With ketamine there was no such fear after several first attempts.
Don't do moderate doses, they make everyone feel alienated. I am a huge dissociative fan and hated pcp when I first tried it. With time I grew quite the liking though at doses right below anesthetic doses. If you shoot for a breakthrough, fear will be replaced by joy and wonder. It's still a risk, but I've never heard of mid k hole panic attacks. I often fall asleep mid-experience or during comedown.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried this rectally? I'd like to make the most of the material I have without resorting to IM or IV.

Has anyone tried this rectally? I'd like to make the most of the material I have without resorting to IM or IV.

AFAIK the only report of rectal administration is a report on another forum. Not sure if I'm allowed to link but a google search for 'ephenidine plugged' will bring it up.

Received 500mg of this enticing compound today, dosing tonight and will report back. High dose IM K is my thang so I'll be looking to recreate that experience if I can, albeit orally.

TL;DR: This probably is ketamine/MXE's big brother, but needs a lot more preparation

[No scales I know, sorry. This isn't to say I don't have extensive experience weighing things, but I know that's not an excuse. This is a case of do as I say, not as I do. I am extremely experienced with MXE, and ketamine/dxm to a lesser extent. So I felt confident eyeballing these quantities. I wouldn't suggest anyone copy me]

Tolerance: Dissociatives: Less than 1.5g total of everything in the past year. Benzos/related: none in past year

The dosage is so high because I'm a very busy individual with no time to be experimenting with stuff like this these days, at heart I'm a K-head who loves the hole and I was aiming for one of these ++++ experiences that I've been hearing about.

~~~

Earlier that day, allergy test: approximately 2-10mg. Tastes lovely.

T:00:00 - 3/5s of an amount which is purported to be 0.5g consumed orally.

T:00:30 - Feels like I'm coming up on high dose MXE, vision getting a bit 'fuzzy' and slight ringing in the ears.

T:01:00 - I remember feelings very stimulated, not in a traditional sense, but more empowered. Like I had supernatural strength or could do anything.

T:02:15 - This period is blurry but largely uneventful, a lot of confusion. I'm fairly certain I spent at least 30-60 minutes trying to type in my laptop password. I had enormous difficulty recalling the password in my mind phonetically, deciphering the spelling, and subsequently finding those keys on the keyboard. After a while I could recall my password, but was completely unable to formulate its spelling. I could only hold the first three characters in mind.

I have no concept of time, and the thought that I may have been sitting here in the dark, for days on end, feverishly trying to recall my own fucking password, panics me somewhat. But I persevere.
Fortunately, being well-versed in mindfucks like this on MXE, it wasn't that bad. Suddenly I had clarity, and I was able to log in. I was surprisingly sober for this period, actually I felt I must be coming down - I'm too used to the short duration of MXE.

Now I have accessed the computer I whittle off a few messages to a friend in the know, informing him of the very smooth nature of the experience. It is interesting to note that during this time I was able to communicate normally, with normal thought and proper recall of events. IME the mania on MXE can often feel quite jarring, like you are being jolted from one thought to the next. Ephenidine definitely lived up to its 'creamy' description as someone else described.

T:02:20 - I consume the rest of the bag, for a suspected dose of 0.5g.

T:02:40 - Okay, things got a little fucked the first dosage, hopefully I'll have a better swing at this with the second dose (guessing approx 200mg), consumed orally. At this time I'm still online an I inform my friend,
"its bizarre, not unpleasant by any means, im not that dissociated tho".

At this point I go offline and lay down with headphones for a while. For at least 10 minutes the CEVs are utterly uninspiring, I'm staring at the static image of the corner of a room. I shit you not, it is a CEV alright, but it is not changing or moving in any way. There were some occasions later on where I would be stuck looking at the same CEV for periods of time, barely changing. It can be annoying.
Anyway as the second dose kicks in things seem to liven up a bit. Over the next hour or so I'm moving through these vast spaces of complex architecture. Similar to MXE CEVs in nature in the sense that they share that green-ish hue in color but these seem to be more grand. As in, bigger. Almost as if to say the ephenidine space dwarfs that of MXE or K. I can see why users say this chemical takes them deeper. Although I didn't get very deep myself - I believe the potential is there.

I would say there was less movement for me as the viewer during the CEV experience, which is to say, I did less 'flying' than I would do on K/MXE. I seemed much more static and whereas I would move around these environments to a degree, it wasn't to the extent as I would on the latter compounds.

Extreme time dilation, I'm listening to an album and about 40 minutes into it I feel I've been listening to 3 or 4. Eventually I turn it off. I had a lot of great new music lined up for this trip which I didn't get to explore due to the mindfuckery of it all.

T:06:00 - [Guessing] Anyway after that first album I've had enough and I turn off the music. This usually wouldn't be the case but since in my mind this whole experience has been going on FOREVER I'm really just sick of it.

Now the mania kicks into high gear. If you've ever dosed too high on MXE and got lost in the confusion you know what I'm talking about, except this time it's endless. Mental stimulation is off the charts with colourfull CEVs whizzing around at 100 miles an hour. Thoughts racing faster than ever and I seem to be stuck in this loop of confusion that never ends, just constantly cycling. It's exhausting. The best thing I could have done is put the headphones back on as I was probably peaking at this point but I was just so fatigued from it all.

Again, time seemed to be moving extremely slowly, over the course of this experience I had no concept of how many hours or days I had been in there. The logic to deduce by means of looking at say, a phone had left me, lol.
I can't iterate that enough, even though I'm only 6 hours deep in this (which I'd prepared for, including sleeping earlier that day) it feels like the whole thing has been going on for a LOT longer. At this point it's become quite unpleasant and I just want it to stop, but it seems to be on a very even plateau with no signs of slowing.

During this unpleasantness, I must say that I did have opportunities to reflect on my life, and where I'm going, and possible avenues and things I want to explore in the future. To me, MXE's ability to do this helped me greatly with my personal development and I feel ephenidine shares this quality, to a greater extent. The CEVs and thought processes on ephenidine were quite similar to MXE to me, but seemed greater in scope, like I was being shown an even bigger picture.

T:07:30 - I've absolutely had enough and it takes 2mg clonazolam to put me to sleep. I consumed about 5 litres of water during the experience.

Aftermath: I sleep off the whole of the next day (with 2 meals) on more clonazolam and wake up at 4am on Day 3 when my last dose of clonazolam wears off I guess. I'm woken with mildCEVs akin to no.3 on this scale (https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Geometry) and some mild stimulation. Unable to sleep after that.

T:36:30 - Writing this now, still a little whoozy with mild ataxia, and things seem to have trails coming off them when I'm moving around. Kind of like a night after high dose MXE but more pronounced.

~~~

Admittedly I have no experience with the longer lasting dissos (PCP, MXP, diphen etc) so I was a little naive jumping in balls deep with this one, but meh. At these doses, this one is definitely a multiple day affair. Do not assume as I did that it's like an 8 hour thing and then you 'kind of feel a bit funny the next day but it's bearable'. No, you are still fucked the next day. The hangover is on day 3. I would report more about what day 2 was like but I was pretty much passed out the whole day and don't remember what the effects were like. I imagine they were similar and I did not want to deal with them.

I would not jump into this unless you have a handful of benzos to kill it when you want to, because sooner or later you probably will. Total clonazolam consumed: 5mg with no tolerance and I could have done with more. FYI the clonazolam worked well. Same vendor.

With the proper preparation, set and setting this could be an incredible tool for exploration. The plateau that it offers when fully firing is very long, and would serve those who find the K/MXE peaks too fleeting (like me). Coupled with low dose psychedelics and perhaps weed to kick the visuals up a notch, I can see this being even better. The CEVs are incredibly complex as they are, but a little monotone.
If you fuck up the set/setting however, this isn't something you can just endure for a couple hours and come down from. It's kind of like going on a 3 day hike.

Last edited:
Hi crOOk, I'm sorry that this method didn't reach you in time to save your right cephalic vein,and that you had to suffer all the pain and bullshit that went along with it. But I've had plenty of my own needle-related mishaps. Perhaps this one will help someone else. Harm Reduction and all that????

First off, I wasted a bunch of time and milligrams of Ephendine attempting to make water-soluble salts, using whatever sufficiently pure/sterile acids I had available at the time. Suffice it to say, this was not a successful endevour, and my dreams of one day IV'ing Ephenidine Malate, Citrate, Ascorbate or Acetate have all been destroyed.

Next up, I tried a bunch of solvents : 0.9% saline (LOL), Benzyl Alcohol, Ethanol ( OK OK it was just Vodka ), Propylene Glycol, Benzyl Benzoate, Grapeseed 100% carrier oil, Fractionated Coconut Oil... All failed miserably, until I reached for the bottle I had been avoiding. The solvent of last resort - DMSO.

I have many unpleasant memories of DMSO,it has caused me a lot of tissue inflammation and pain over the years. But the truth is that Ephenidine will dissolve in a small quantity of DMSO, and this solution is miscible with Saline.

So that is that I did, for a 1st test : used 100mg Ephenidine with the smallest possible volume of DMSO, and mixed with enough sterile saline to fill a 2.5ml syringe. I attached a 28g needle, poked my least-recently-penetrated vein, and slowly pushed down on the plunger.

At this dosage and level of familiarity, I am only able to make facile comparisons : "its like Ketamine", "it's like Methoxetamine", "it's like some random arylcyclohexylamine". I am certain that it's own character will become well known to us in time.

From the reports so far I'm going to love this and I haven't been this excited to try a new chem in awhile. From another forum I read plugging is by far the best ROA with this so I can't wait to try that. Really hoping I like it though, cause I just got a lot of it.

you need pg if you woud like to plug this, because it doesnt dissolve in water.

sublingual is ok . just dont expect to feel your mouth

just been eating it alll day and watching always sunny in philly

ad effects are undeniaable . im just living. and happy at that.

just dont expect to spell correctltly on it

I only have a small amount of this so I'd like to stretch it, so I guess I will be plugging. What concentration can you get with PG? Also, what's a good starting dose (say, equivalent in strength to 30-40mg oral MXE)?

Thanks!

I didn't have pg so I had to make do with water. It took like 2.5 mL to completely dissolve 40 mg. obviously with pg you could get away with more.

I'm not sure how youre tolerance is but I plugged 40 and then soon quickly plugged another 30. i sublinguad 80 mg doses about 3 times. and then at one point i ate 300. then proabaly some more gummming and plugs that i dont even remember. it sounds sacreligous, but i think this stuff paints a better picture of the world than even mxe, and thats saying something! im sorrry i dont even know if i answered your question, the past day with this stuff has just been crazy. the hole is unlike any other dissociative hole i have previously encountered - pyschedelic as fuck. the mood lift is just remarkable. and i still feel like i havent had a chance to really fully expeerience it yet.

but to anser your question i would say start with 30-40mg plugged. titrate upwards. but keep in mind the phenidines are not near as efffective as the ACH's when it comes to re-dosing.

oh yeah, i would advise not to sublingual. just take my word on that,

With all the high doses being shot around, I wouldn't have imagined 30-40mg would give too much, even plugged, but I will definitely start there just to play it safe. Thanks!

not sure if this is a good idea or not but i just ate 525 mg.

edit. turned out to be a bad idea. thankfully i learned from it though, idk if i'll ever be the same though. i was scared straight.

Last edited:
yeah sometimes a psychonaut needs a cosmic asswhopping. ;) I hope you're alright though. can you elaborate on it yet?