View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DPT Thread (Version 2) - Life and Death are But One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I *really* like DPT. It seems like lots of people are scared of it, but I think it's gotten a bad rap on that front. It is slightly spooky, but it's not scary, if you know what I mean. It's like you become part of the spookiness, so it's not scary because it's not external to you, if that makes sense. During the comedown of my biggest dose, I went on a walk, I felt a bit flighty, like a lot more careful than normal, walking around at night hyper aware of traffic making sure not to get hit, very much avoiding any chance social contact. But not scared.

btw: I think the title of this thread "Life and Death are but one" is a really perfect one for this DPT thread, whoever came up with that hit the nail on the head. DPT seems to have a simultaneous duality and unification thing going on, and it brought about an awareness of the sinister nature of existence and life, some skeletal imagery and hunger of life... etc.

I've converted both the brown and the clean white to freebase and they worked just fine. I prefer insufflation to smoking the freebase, and I prefer smoking freebase to smoking hcl.

was there any particular tek you followed to convert them to freebase? if not, would you mind writing one up?

Sure, copying my tek over from a post in the smoking dpt subthread:

The freebase method I used was as follows, not sure i this is optimal but it's what I did: In a spoon, dissolve 4 parts (by weight) DPT in a tiny amount of water, about 1 drop per 4mg DPT, using some gentle heat from a lighter to dissolve it. Once it's fully dissolved, add 1 part (by weight) of baking soda, and stir it in. You can see it react, and when it's done you're left with the waxy, moist freebase. I used a pin to drag the freebase out of any leftover water. Usually left it out to dry for a bit. Once I left it to dry for about 48 hours, and it looked a bit browned like it had oxidized a bit, but potency didn't seem diminished.

By the way, the Smoking DPT subthread is here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/193665-DPT-Subthread-Smoking-DPT/

btw: I think the title of this thread "Life and Death are but one" is a really perfect one for this DPT thread, whoever came up with that hit the nail on the head. DPT seems to have a simultaneous duality and unification thing going on, and it brought about an awareness of the sinister nature of existence and life, some skeletal imagery and hunger of life... etc.

I did that way back in the day, thanks. :)

If snorting 30mg of this material, how long should one expect it to last for? About 3 hours, possibly more? Can I get a few descriptions of the intensity at this dosage level?

Thank you!

I happen to have snorted exactly that amount, and took notes:

0 mins - insuf. 30mg
30 min - feeling tryptamine headspace, drug has set in, not yet peak
60 min - peak around this time
3h - down basically to baseline, but still a bit of afterglow and can't sleep yet
5h - able to sleep.

This wasn't a big dose by any means, but was enough to give a sense for what the drug is about, test the waters. At this level, it felt more-ish. Not a feeling I'm accustomed to as I hardly ever want to re-dose. I ended up not re-dosing, didn't want to complicate the test at this dose.

I was able to work on music at this dose, somewhat effectively. It offered a few insights, colour saturation, some muscle tension and nervousness which I blamed on excessive coffee consumption that day, but was surely also from the DPT.

YMMV of course!

I found DPT to be quite disappointing after I finally got the nerve to try it. It may have been cross tolerance due to taking 4-ho-det 2 days earlier. But the amount I used I would have expected to be more intense. I started with 35mgs insufflated to gauge effects not much after 30mins so I redosed 30mgs and just a little brightening of colors and increased energy after about 10-15 mins . Redosed anther 25mgs and just a little increase in effect. It got sort of interesting when I decided to IV 10mgs. O got some visuals finally and trailing which was strangely absent earlier. 10mins later I IV'ed 15 mgs which was more intense but nothing like IV'ing 4-subbed tryptamines. More geometric patterns and trailing. No wierd headspace just very comfortable. I next moved up to 20 mgs IV. I continued this 3-4 more times til the rest of the 250mgs was gone. Overalll IV'ing DPT was more enjoyable than insufflation though I wouldn't recommend it unless you are quite experienced with IV'ing and you must use a milligram scale. (I eyeballed 4-aco-dmt once when I was very drunk and ended up in the ER strapped to a bed with no recollection of getting there.) Anyway maybe it was cross tolerance or a weak batch but it was rather tame in my experience with tryptamines.

^ i think you may have spaced your doses out too much. i don't think i'd get much of an effect from a bunch of little doses like that.... i always had to do 75mg+ in a single line to really take off with DPT.

yeah thats what I figured I was just a little nervous from reading all the reports and wasn't sure what to start with. In my experience with the 4-subbed tryptamines the dosing is pretty similar with the fumarates and the hydrochlorides but this was my first simple tryptamine. Its really inexpensive and I think i'll go for 100mgs next time, and report back. It might be awhile I have some other stuff to experiment with some more first(4-aco-met/4-ho-mipt)

Like DMT, small doses of DPT don't appear to build on each other due to the short duration which for me was only really about 1 hour.

yeah cause even with IV'ing 20mgs at 10-15 min intervals it gave me visuals and a nice rush but it only lasted 5-8 mins then I was just energized. Maybe 100-150 insufflated is good at once not sure That last time I did it was my first experience with DPT. Wish I could try real DMT but it is illegal in USA so my only chance would be to do an extraction and Im not sure I could do it right.

Hey dunno if anybody can help answer this question but on Wikipedia DPT is said to be similar to DMT in the way it commonly causes entity contact, yet DPT is said to make you become a 'viewer' of these entities rather than face to face experiences like with DMT. What exactly is meant by this? I've never done more than 10mg+/- DMT and I've never done DPT but I've had entity contact from mescaline, mushrooms and NBOMe, both of which to me seemed very face to face until I broke through.

Last edited:
My take on that would be instead of interacting with these entities you would just be watching them go about there business. I didn't do DPT right when I first tried it cause it was my first time and was nervous about doing too much i did 250mgs but spaced out too much with small doses. even IV'ing didn't even work as well as i would have thought. I should be getting more anyday and will try a large dose at once and see how that goes. I only had entity contact on 15mgs of IV 4-aco-dmt and that was very interactive definitely not what it says about DPT.

If I had one final wish.....it'd be to have an IM'er with 175mgs ket, moon rock Molly(only a taste though), a tiny dash of 3-MeO-PCP, a touch of bees, a touch of DOC, as well as.......

I'm hoping this next trial with DPT goes better than last time I should have it any day now. I just need to wait to do it cause I have been taking massive doses of 4-subbed tryptamines in the last week about 400 mgs in three separate instances. so I want to wait at least a week from yesterday since that was my last time doing anything. Does anyone think that will be long enough. My tolerance is freaking insane especially reading what others take 20-30 mgs of 4 subs is just a tease even when I wait awhile. And you need a lot more DPT it seems to get anywhere interesting.

Do what thou wilt, but I'd say wait another week or two. Sounds like you've been hitting the tryptamines pretty hard, you'll get more out of it if you give it a break. Not just because of tolerance, but because you'll be more psychologically hungry for a trip. These tryptamines all work on very much the same sets of receptors, so there will definitely be big tolerance going on as well.

Yeah my brain is getting a little spent. No real negative after effects but just seems as if the mystical part is missing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.