View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DPT Thread (Version 2) - Life and Death are But One

Status
Not open for further replies.
It always makes me chuckle when I see people talking about DPTs "negative aura". I find it highly pleasant and euphoric but then again I don't necessarily go looking for those types of things as it usually doesn't bother me much.

My only dpt experience had me followed and mentally tortured by golum looking creatures for over 1hour.

Nothing funny or lightish about that at all.
By far my most horrible trip ever.

I would like to get back on the train though and try dpt again sometime.

Is vaped freebase shorter and/easer to dose?

Haha, I meant for me, its funny to hear that as I never really went along with the whole "this substance feels evil!!" schtick, to each their own though! How was this golem mentally torturing you if you don't mind me asking?

Shorter lasting, yes, easier to dose? No. Dosing an oil can be hard even if you find the "right equipment" to handle it.

Funny enough I enjoyed smoking DPT base a lot more than IM or snorting it. I was talking with another BLer about this....most of my DPT trips have been more pleasant than not...but my first three (each time, I took waaay too much and it scared the shit out of me) left such an impression that I automatically think 'terror drug' at first mention of DPT. It is hard to erase some associations I guess.

A friend of mine is going to be ordering 2-3g of this. I think i'll give it a shot, probably 20mg up the nose to start. I'll be trying it with my girlfriend most likely, and her room is such a safe and welcoming place for me I think it will really help me get a good experience out of it

20mg sounds like a perfect starting dose.
It should be enough to show you the character of the material, without giving a full blown trip.

I decided I should put this in a more permanent forum:

I've done DPT a few times now. Two of those times were from that shitty brown batch that was going around about a few months ago. Those all had minimal effects. Might as well have been a tiny dose of 4-AcO-DMT that lasts 45 minutes.

BUT then I got the good shit. Now my experiences with this too are not exactly the best things to go off of but here you go.

The first I was just sick of bullshitting around. I had never had a breakthrough dose of DMT. I was getting pretty deep into my MXE phase. So I decided to do a breakthrough dose of DPT with a M-hole dose, mixed together into 2 fat lines for insufflaton. [100mg DPT, probs 200mg MXE? (tolerance) I can't remember] I don't remember the trip, but I remember coming out of it with my whole room flanging horribly, and I KNEW that I had just experienced something beautiful. I felt reborn. But still, I had been a dumbass, round 2 would be more cautious.

LOL, barely. I knew I had to go low on the MXE, but I really wanted just a tiny bit to ease body load and make sure I was immersed more easily, and calm myself for what was to come. I snorted about 45mg MXE (again tolerance, that's very little to me), and started weighing out my DPT, deliberately dawdling to let the MXE take full effect. It was probably around 40 minutes later that I snorted 120mg DPT.

The come up was weird. I was vibrating and shaking, my vision was going to shit. In one way I knew I was in for a hell of a ride, in another way, I was still surprised by the fact that the feeling didn't go any further. It just stayed at the exact same level of come-up anticipation crap.

I don't remember breaking through. But there I was. I can't even exactly say what it was like i there. It was very much like experiencing a bunch of dreams in a row; mostly short scenes involving people and set pieces and back drops. Others were more surreal; swirls of colors and geometric patterns not unlike DMT (again, never broken through on DMT). The consistency was how quickly each one flitted by. Little snapshots. Tiny fragments of experience. A postcard image, a sound and an emotion to go with it. But then I was on to the next one immediately after.

When I came out, I was flanging hard again. My body was racked with all of the jitters and shivers, wobbly knees and shaky eyes, that accompany a very large dose of any tryptamine IME. I didn't remember much, but some of it was still there. But as I came further and further down, it started slipping away from me, much like remembering a dream first thing in the morning, but by the time I'm finished with my coffee I've forgotten it. It just faded away. I lay in my bed trying to figure out which bits I could hold on to, and slowly I just gave up. I couldn't remember a damn thing about the trip; I just know that when I came out of it I had the sense that I had just lived 1000 lifetimes, and less than 30 minutes of music had gone by (when tripping on anything, measuring time with music tends to be far easier than with a clock IME. How many songs have played tends to make much more sense than how many minutes have gone by). It was as if I had lived different versions of my own life, in other universes; but there was most certainly no ego death. I was me the whole time. Whereas with the M-hole combo I came to having to piece together my entire self, this trip I just had to piece together the trip.

But I couldn't. I just sat on my bed and smoked a cig, content with the knowledge that I had experienced 1000 different lives in 30 minutes, and that I had come out of it feeling completely rejuvenated. I felt cleansed and blessed. I then understood why The Temple of True Inner Light (those nuts that use DPT as their holy sacrament in a psychedlic version of christianity) does this stuff. That was the closest thing I've ever had to a religious experience.

Then most recently, I IMed about 30-35mg (I'd dare say some got lost in the cigarette filter). That was a strange one. first of all it felt MUCH cleaner than snorting it. The come-up was steady, and crystal clear. The odd part was that I wasn't stimulated at all like most drugs make me. Instead I had to hit my bong and then lie down to let the trip happen. I just HAD to. It was like a bigger, heaving, and longer lasting version of the DMT blanket. The lady pressing down on your entirety. That... blanket; idk. Anyway, I lay in my bed with eyes closed, sort of looking at some CEVs, though there weren't that many; but mostly letting my mind wander. Thinking about my life, some people. Just drifting. And it was remarkably metallic. I say that in the sense that it was hard and flat. I was not emotional; I was analytical.
———
OH! I forgot that I 40mg of DPT while peaking on 300mg of DPH and 888mg DXM polystirex. It was interesting, I could tell that it enriched the experience, and I could feel some of it in my body and see it in the visuals, but for the most part it was drowned out my the other chemicals. When I cracked a few whippets later on though the psychedelia became slightly more apparent against the dissociative backdrop.
———
looking at this thread got my head going, and it is a beautiful fucking day here in NYC (pic related, no filter), so I decided to take a walk in the park and snort some DPT among the trees.

It's amazing how different each experience has been so far. This one was far less pushy, far more serene:

I weighed out about 60mg of powder, knowing that I was going to lose some in the wind, and then walked through the park, found a nice log to sit on, poured the DPT into the nook between thumb and forefinger on the back of my hand, and went at it. It went down surprisingly easily, though I'm sure I couldn't have done more than 40mg. The wind did get a good bit of it.

As I got restless and stood up, I noticed mild visual activity, the beginning of patterns and colors, but mostly I just felt uplifted. Instead of the DMT blanket it was like a perfect snapshot of a low dose LSD trip (albeit visually more geometric) in terms of the tranquility I felt. Sure I had the body jitters, but the world was serene. Though I walked to keep my limbs from shivering in the wind, my mind felt the full warmth of the sun. It could have just been a windy day of summer.

I wondered if there would be more, if I would be taken by surprise, but everything was just the way it was; and it was wonderful. I wandered the park for a bit, sat on that bench or this bench, took some photos of puddles n trees n shit, all things that I'm fairly sure are what normal people do in parks. Could be wrong.

It was only only on the way back, after the wind had picked up and sent me homeward, that I realized the extent of my intoxication. As I passed a few people on the street, and stumbled into my apartment building's entryway, I realized that intoxication was indeed what I felt. I was silly and loose, chatty and such. But then in talking to my roommate the Tryptamine nature made it's presence known once again. I realized that I was ascribing lots of significance to little things, as I went on and on to my roommate about the light in our apartment, and how it had changed with the tilt of the earth, our dog basking in a square of window light that had traveled across the floor in the last month. I tend to go on weird tangents like that, so he didn't suspect anything, engaging me politely and agreeing that indeed we had nice afternoon light coming from the west facing windows.

I took .5mg Clonazepam (out of my 3-4mg prescribed daily) and smoked my bong as I talked to him and the jitters quickly disappeared. My mind was both still kind of spaced and yet very grounded. In some ways I feel more out of it now than I did while peaking. I just felt so 'in tune' so to speak.

Just ordered some of the white washed DPT along with some 4-AcO-DMT which I've tried before and loved. I hope this DPT is worth it. Is the HCL DPT smokable/vaporizable at all?

Just ordered some of the white washed DPT along with some 4-AcO-DMT which I've tried before and loved. I hope this DPT is worth it. Is the HCL DPT smokable/vaporizable at all?
Yes but it is very harsh and gross tasting.
Previous attempts to convert hcl to freebase with the brown DPT seem to all have been to no avail, but I haven't heard of any attempts with the white washed product.

I've converted both the brown and the clean white to freebase and they worked just fine. I prefer insufflation to smoking the freebase, and I prefer smoking freebase to smoking hcl.

Why do you prefer insufflation? I was looking to try vaporization so I could use a smaller dose to 'get to the other side' with a shorter duration. I plan to first try 25mg insufflated first though just to get a feel.

I prefer insufflation because:

-Easier to determine exact dosage. With smoking/vaping (at least the way I do it), it always seems a bit of a crapshoot how much I'm actually able to inhale, how much I accidentally burnt, how much is still in the pipe.
-I prefer the slower, more gentle comeup of insufflation. Helps me adjust to the new altitude more easily. Might be just lack of practice though.
-Don't like the smell/taste of the DPT vapour. Seems plasticky and unnatural, makes my animal instincts say "no".

Vaporization is really cool for how fast it comes on, and goes away though, no doubt about that. I still do it for those reasons, but I feel that insufflation is the more proper way for this stuff.

^ I think 25mg is a good idea for a first dose to get a feel.

Okay cool. Thanks for your incite. Also, what dosage would you say would induce a break-through? And is the break-through freightening or is it more like DMT where it happens so quick and you're so out there that fear never crosses your mind? I ask because I really only am looking into DPT for ego-death experiences as well as to learn of course however my few experiences with ego-death have been accidental, scary, and I've had a hard time becoming willing to try breaking through again mostly because when it's happened I end up running/screaming, trying to fight it ya know? And I'm just worried that if I break through I might do something I'd regret, like walking around in the street with no pants. Any tips on how to know not to leave your setting while you're out there? Or do you just have to have a sitter to take care of that?

I've not had what I think people would call a "break through" on DPT. 60mg insulf. is as high as I've taken it. That was enough to have me flat on the floor, time nearly stopped, and I achieved the most utterly peaceful moment, complete release/satori fractal type moment. I think 60mg wouldn't be considered tons by most, but I'm both sensitive to psychedelics, and a bit cautious. For me, I find it hard to imagine taking it much past 60mg, but I know other's have gone well further.

I think the only way to find out what is the correct breakthough dose for yourself is by carefully working yourself up. After 25mg you will have a pretty good idea of what it's like, and know how high to dose next. For me, I went: 4mg, 10mg, 30mg, 60mg, spread out by an average of 2 weeks each. My next time will likely be 80mg.

I would like to suggest to you not to seek a breakthrough, just work your way up, and find out how far you want to take it, gently, easily. It sounds like you might have taken it a bit too far too fast in the past. No need to rush this, or try to force yourself into a breakthough. Good tripping takes practice, and it can take a bit to "learn" a new substance.

I think if you take up like this, one notch at a time, you will get to a level you are comfortable with, and you won't get to some state that you regret.

I hate insufflation because I need such a high dosage.
I have insufflated 80+mg and have been maybe a ++

Bummer ^ I wonder if we have just very different sensitivities to this, or if I ended up with a more potent end of the pile. Do you IM?

Smoking DPT hcl is harsh on the lungs, but it's still infinitely better than insufflating the DPT & having to deal not only with the burn but the clogged up nostrils for the entire trip. At least with smoking the painful part doesn't take very long (and the smoke is no worse than DMT, plus you can chill with it a little longer instead of needing to get it all in within a minute). Smoking provides a much cleaner trip as well, far better body high, visuals, and headspace- just better all around.

From what I've noticed: onset is about 2mins, peak around 10mins, gradual ride down over then next 2h. Seems like its all a bit slower than DMT.

Coming up for like 10 minutes, peak for like 45 minutes, coming down for like 15 after that, then afterglow for an hour or two.

Thanks! I am going to get some DPT sometime soon, I have always been afraid of it but it sounds like a stellar psychedelic. I may IM something for the first time, as I hear IM has a much smoother come-up than insufflation.

Status
Not open for further replies.