View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DPT Thread (Version 2) - Life and Death are But One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else get burgundy, blood red, fuschia colored visuals with this one?
Most people describe the head space but don't elaborate on the meta-analysis of its visual effects too often.

Thanatos said:
Does anyone else get burgundy, blood red, fuschia colored visuals with this one?
Most people describe the head space but don't elaborate on the meta-analysis of its visual effects too often.

DPT's visual effects (and especially their relationship to color and light) are really unique amongst psychedelics for me. Color is a prominent aspect when I take moderate doses. Fuchsia is probably the most intense of the bunch...also some mauve and lighter blue-ish hues. I usually only get blood-red with more speedy/aggressive psychedelics (I get it on mescaline quite a bit...also on acid).

At higher doses though, or peak areas in the trip, visual intensity becomes extremely sharp but color itself seems to dissipate. I end up with a pretty intense "Clear Light" phenomenon. It distinctly reminds me of Ösel, or maybe the Chikhai bardo clear light found in the Tibetan Book of the Dead at the moment of dying. I've been getting this with DPT rather consistently as of late, and it's the only psychedelic where I've been able to experience this effect with such frequency.

I learned recently I am not a visual learner, hammered home by reading this and knowing that I would have had to try REALLY hard to be so eloquent in describing visuals....and still would not have pulled it off.

Viṣakaṇṭha is definitely describing DPT's visual effects as far as I am concerned.

Edit: Always thought DPT had a spooky death thing going about it...from all those cancer patients in the 70s. 8o

I tried 45mg insufflated of the white DPT and got only a + maybe ++
Perhaps the cinnamon DPT is not so impure, it does look really gross though.
Never snorting DPT again though oh god it was nasty

i think freebase DPT in an oil burner pipe is probably the way the best way to administer for those that don't like needles or plugging

but then there's the whole issue of converting the salt to freebase, or getting an oil shipped to you...

frustrating compound, this stuff. :) so much potential tho.

I tried 45mg insufflated of the white DPT and got only a + maybe ++
Perhaps the cinnamon DPT is not so impure, it does look really gross though.
Never snorting DPT again though oh god it was nasty

Was it less gross in your sinuses than the cinnamon? It certainly smells less gross to me, but haven't insufflated it yet myself.

They were about the same.
I got a wicked sore throat from the white stuff though but that happens randomly when I sniff mdma too but sometimes it doesn't, it seems to just depend on the day.
Also the drips lasted a very long time, I had that taste in the back of my throat for a good 30-45 minutes.
After that bump I switched to 4-aco-dmt and got a very strong +++, wayyyyy easier to insufflate

i think freebase DPT in an oil burner pipe is probably the way the best way to administer for those that don't like needles or plugging

How long would one expect the rectal route to last for DPT? Shorter than insuff?
What kind of dose?

Please take what I have to say with a grain of (Hcl?) salt, because we have no way of knowing for sure if we're talking about the same batch, plus I'm using my subjective experience with it to guess at potency, and there's a large margin of error there..

I don't think the cinnamon DPT is totally bunk or only 20% pure, I believe it must be pretty close to completely pure. At the doses I experimented with, the cinnamon DPT yielded subjective effects very comparable to those reported on erowid etc. at the same dosages. Also, I have used the newer white batch, and did not find it to be noticeably more potent than the cinnamon one.

I think it doesn't take much impurity to change the colour of a chem like DPT. But because we don't know what these impurities are, I will never put that "cinnamon" DPT directly into my body via IM. At the same time, remember that just because the new DPT is white, doesn't mean it's necessarily more pure either. It probably is, but until it is tested by a reliable 3rd party, we just don't know.

Interesting to know, I had some red DPT, suppose you could call it cinammon, and 50mg snorted was pretty effective for me.

Are there any peculiarities in converting the red into freebase, as I'd been thinking of doing this, just wondering if whatever causes the red coloration will make any difference to the freebasing process?

I have a large ammount of the red cinnamon DPT from that Canadian supplier and I've had no problem converting it to freebase but you will lose a big chunk of it cleaning it up. As soon as I added it to the water/sodium hydroxide solution a large ammount of bunk material immediately floated to the surface. At first I thought this was the freebase DPT but after adding naptha and mixing the DPT/hydroxide solution, I found that all the freebase DPT migrated into the naptha and the same gunk was left floating on the surface.
Evaporate the naptha and bingo DPT freebase oil.
With this red/cinnamon DPT you cannot simply add the DPT to basified water and collect the freebase DPT it's loaded in impurities that remain in the basified water. Good luck mang!

How long would one expect the rectal route to last for DPT? Shorter than insuff?
What kind of dose?

rectal doses/duration for most substances tend to fall right in between insufflated and intramuscular i believe. i've never plugged anything myself, though.

Just got some DPT (finally! been interested in this stuff for a long time), does 50mg insufflated sound like a good dose?

morninggloryseed said:
I learned recently I am not a visual learner, hammered home by reading this and knowing that I would have had to try REALLY hard to be so eloquent in describing visuals....and still would not have pulled it off.

Viṣakaṇṭha is definitely describing DPT's visual effects as far as I am concerned.

Edit: Always thought DPT had a spooky death thing going about it...from all those cancer patients in the 70s.

Thank you kindly morninggloryseed! I've been experimenting with it quite a bit lately and the deathly atmospherics have definitely been occurring with a surprisingly consistent frequency. Im not sure why I've never found it to be overtly spooky though (I generally always enjoy my dpt experiences)...Im guessing it's just my disposition, I do tend to enjoy substances that others usually find to be unsettling in some way (datura, salvia, etc). I have had a few people use the substance with me in the past month or so and they've pretty much all found the experience to be unabashedly strange/ghostly/disconcerting/etc...so I'd definitely agree with you that there's kind of an inherent spookiness to the substance.

And it's really fascinating, I read your TR involving shadow people...and although I don't get entity contact in a vivid or sort of ostentatious sense like I do when I take DMT (I don't get bold alien topographies or anything like that on DPT), but both light and shadow most definitely seem to take on anthropomorphic qualities. Its an extremely interesting phenomenon...when I start to "feel" the presence of light and shadow in a very heavy and pronounced way (almost as if they have sentience), that's generally always a sign that the death atmospherics are about to kick in. Its very striking, it seems pretty distinct to DPT for me.

Axed said:
Just got some DPT (finally! been interested in this stuff for a long time), does 50mg insufflated sound like a good dose?

DPT tends to have a high variability amongst users. I often find 50mgs insufflated to be a good starting dose for people but I'll almost always break it up when others are taking the substance with me for the first time...I usually recommend taking 25mgs, waiting about 30 minutes to ere on the side of caution, and then take the other 25mgs if they're feeling up to it. For me, 50mgs is usually a bit less intense than what I would consider to be a moderate dose when I take it by itself...but again it does have extreme variability as far as dosage is concerned.

Last edited:
ive had my second dpt experience last night.
first time was a mild experience using the dosage advice for first timers, 25mg and a little bit of a bump later on, which looking back didnt really elevate the trip much beyong the starting peak..
my latest experience started with 40mg insufflated, then 20mg more at t+15mins. definetly a different place than the last...
duration was a total of perhaps 3-4hours, with 30minutes of comeup, a peak of about 1:30h and a comedown that was smooth at first then the trip ended quite abruptly after 4 hours. sleep possible right away, though i must say, im still feeling a bit off the following day.
im not a very visual tripper lately for some reason. visually, OEVs were subdued and not bright or intrusive as were CEVs, and all were more or less light related (as opposed to colour shifting i get from rc tryptamines or mushrooms). if anything, visually it was a bit similar to mxe if that makes any sense.
the body load though... and the euphoria... were amazing and beyond anything i could have guessed based on my previous experience with it.
the tremor most spoke about did indeed come along but it felt more like the vibration of the universe through me rather than the jitteryness of chemicals. music sounded right but still somewhat different, alien, yet very involving, very emotional.
there were times when i felt like i was on the verge of losing the general plot of things, and perhaps freak out due to intensity and sheer weirdness of effects.

of course i tried getting erotically involved.. and i must say dpt is very high up on the list of sheer weird pleasure orgasms. i can think of only a couple of other times ive felt such waves of sexual energy (highish dose candyflip for instance). the orgasm seemed very long lasting, very involving and deconstructed somewhat. like feeling the intense wave of an orgasm too big for my brain to comprehend, then a moment of pause to catch a breath, and then 2 minutes of re-feeling the sensations of orgasm.

on the less pleasurable things to mention: kept having the sensation to pee and went about 4 times during the whole experience. also time seems more flexible than i felt comfortable with.

weird delightful substance. but i can see this not being for everyone. i cant wait to revisit, but not at any higher dose :)

^ DPT can indeed be very sexual

one time it was like the DPT went in my nose and out my dick.

It always makes me chuckle when I see people talking about DPTs "negative aura". I find it highly pleasant and euphoric but then again I don't necessarily go looking for those types of things as it usually doesn't bother me much.

DPT is heavy duty, but still quite euphoric and it has very pretty and impressive visuals. I just always think if it as industrial strength, its a little colder than DMT, but I get down with that. I would use DPT over DMT anyday.

kingme said:
my latest experience started with 40mg insufflated, then 20mg more at t+15mins. definetly a different place than the last...

Good call on taking 60mgs total...I think that's much more effective. I find DPT has 30mg sweet spots. A 30mg trip tends to be light and dare I say "fun", 60mgs is usually a moderate dose, and 90 is pretty intense. 100mgs and above and the substance seems to lose its enjoyment factor for me.

kingme said:
visually, OEVs were subdued and not bright or intrusive as were CEVs, and all were more or less light related

Definitely! Visuals do seem to be predominantly centered around light...as opposed to entity contact, color shifts, etc. Usually the higher the dosage I take the more color becomes filtered out, but the more intense the luminosity becomes at the same time.

I saw that Thanatos mentioned azure and golden visuals...that's definitely along the lines of what I was thinking. When I mentioned lighter shades of blue, azure definitely comes to mind. And at higher doses, everything seems to take on a golden sheen to it. This is usually the last vestige of color that Im consciously aware of...beyond this "golden area", brightness seems to become intense to the point that visuals are dominated by contrasts in light and shadow (and thus the clear light phenomenon). That's usually the last thing I notice optically...once it gets pushed further it becomes a death experience peaking in a 5-meo-dmt like "void" type of situation (although more thorough than anything I've experienced with 5-meo on it's own).

kingme said:
of course i tried getting erotically involved.. and i must say dpt is very high up on the list of sheer weird pleasure orgasms.

I also find DPT highly erotic...more so than any other tryptamine. And the sheer weirdness of it is definitely a major factor...it's relationship to death (the french euphemism for the orgasm as "La petite mort" is very fitting here), and the fact that it's a very pulsating/electrical energy-based substance both add to it's sexually enticing nature as well.

Help?!?! said:
It always makes me chuckle when I see people talking about DPTs "negative aura". I find it highly pleasant and euphoric but then again I don't necessarily go looking for those types of things as it usually doesn't bother me much.

I always find it very pleasant as well. I would also generally go with DPT over DMT almost any day. From discussing it with people though and reading trip reports and whatnot, it does appear to be an experience that's not pleasurable for a large percentage of people. It's enjoyment factor seems to have as high a variability as it's dosage does. A very mysterious substance...

I've read some of the thread, but help me out easy here guys. I need to convert this to freebase, does anyone have a TEK? I need instructions please. Also, hypothetical here, could I suspend the room temperature liquid freebase DPT in propylene glycol to vaporize in an electronic hookah tank? Put some flavor in there, you know, sounds good right?

I've read some of the thread, but help me out easy here guys. I need to convert this to freebase, does anyone have a TEK? I need instructions please. Also, hypothetical here, could I suspend the room temperature liquid freebase DPT in propylene glycol to vaporize in an electronic hookah tank? Put some flavor in there, you know, sounds good right?
My tek: use 1 part, by weight, baking soda to 4 parts by weight DPT HCl. About 1 drop of water per mg of DPT HCl. Mix DPT and water in a spoon, using brief moments of lighter flame beneath to add gentle heat to help it dissolve. Once dpt is dissolved, add baking soda, and stir it with a pin. You'll see it react and the freebase will clump. You can leave it to dry or smoke it wet is fine too. Feel free to crit my tek if anyone has a better one.

Not sure about vaping and putting it thru hookah, but since the freebase is insoluble in water might work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.