View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DPT Thread (Version 2) - Life and Death are But One

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ There is a report by TheAppleCore I believe I had read. I am not sure it is in this thread or a separate report but the writing is excellent. Keep in mind a very small amount of DPT is needed. DPT on it's own powerful enough. Tread lightly. :)

It's nice to see renewed interest in DPT.

Weirdness, it seems my one go with DPT/harmaline (orally) had the same theme as about half those reports! Weird stuff.

Anyone had a chance to test out that new "washed white" DPT from the infamous French Canadian vendor?? I'm eagerly watching this thread for any reports/updates on its quality. Really don't want to order any until quality is confirmed!

hey I'm new to this substance, and I was wondering if 30 milligrams done intranasally is a good starting dose for someone who has never done DPT before ?or DMT for that matter . I'm pretty experienced with every other psychedelic. and this is not the shitty cinnamon be a DPT that you guys have been talking about. this is from a well established us vendor, it is off white crystals if that helps anybody.

Anyone had a chance to test out that new "washed white" DPT from the infamous French Canadian vendor?? I'm eagerly watching this thread for any reports/updates on its quality. Really don't want to order any until quality is confirmed!

Yes, I've tried it, but only twice now by freebasing it and then smoking. It's definitely DPT, definitely less disgusting than the old cinnamon. I can't vouch for it's exact purity as I have no means to test other than by comparing subjective effects when consumed. To me it's not noticeably more potent. My guess is that the cinammon had some trace amount a some disgusting impurity that wasn't enough to throw the potency way off. The old stuff was like sniffing dried poo. While I haven't put the new stuff up my nose, it sure smells a lot better.

hey I'm new to this substance, and I was wondering if 30 milligrams done intranasally is a good starting dose for someone who has never done DPT before ?or DMT for that matter . I'm pretty experienced with every other psychedelic. and this is not the shitty cinnamon be a DPT that you guys have been talking about. this is from a well established us vendor, it is off white crystals if that helps anybody.

Ah, still making sure Bignugz? ;) I guess the more research the better. But I stick with what I said. If you have genuine DPT I would go no further than 30 mgs the first time. Be confident!

Well glad to say smoking the hcl. in a bong was way successful; Just lovely experience. I can't believe the freebase is so much stronger going by figures here - it worked brilliantly; to the point if you have a limited supply it really doubt it's worth the risk of conversion

Can you remember what dosage you used for smoking?

I wanted to smoke HCl, but I read somewhere that it produces very painful smoke with an awful black residue. But your experience makes me want to try it. Are smoked HCl dosages similar to smoked freebase dosages?

alright I'm going to give the wHirl tonight. hey buddy can anybody tell me what to expect from this trip. is it like completely ego loss for like a2 hour period? and as far as the visuals are concerned can they be frightening? is there anything there any therapeutic value like other tryptamines? also I'm on methadone and I can have me quite sedated for pretty much about 12 hours you think the first time somebody a noob to this substance tries it would be best to be a little bit sedated in case I freaked the fuck out which is never happened with me on any psychedelic that i haves ever taken. sorry about all the questions. let it seems like everytime I take a psychedelic I get a bit of precum up anxiety which always fades but with DPT I'm afraid the anxiety could leave me to a bad place. as I've heard that you should be in a calm state and in a good place just like the same practice with before taking LSD. I appreciate all your feedback guys. much love Bignugz

You know I am rooting for you Bignugz. :D I was for sure apprehensive about my first try some years back. I was cautious though like you. I started with 25 mgs (clean, white, no odor, no burn, very good DPT). It was enough but I felt I could have more. So I did 50 mgs and got crushed. It was so strong that all I could do for an hour was try and smile and relax. Big waves of psychedelia. After an hour it was at a nice enjoyable level. Then later on I decided 30-35mgs is right for me.

I know people here are raving about IM. But for someone like me I need to stay away from needles so it had to be insufflated. 20 mgs first, wait 10-15 minutes and do the rest. Spacing it will make it more gentle. But there seems to be a fine line between too much and not enough. The good news is it is short lasting, so if it gets too strong wait and after 45 minutes to an hour it will level off.

Apply what you know about other psychedelics. And I had taken many trips when I was on methadone 25 years ago. I wouldn't sedate yourself too much, just go with it.

I will say sometimes the pre anxiety of psychedelics have left me in a bad place. But as strong as DPT was the wave seemed friendlier and just something to ride out than freaking out. I know that concern. The most safest way is to start real low. Maybe even 10 mgs if being cautious. Like riding wave in an ocean. Take one too big the first time and it leaves you scared again. Start small and you can go a little bigger each time.

Maybe some other people will chime in. The best of luck Bignugz. Let us know how it goes. It's nice to see someone being really cautious as opposed to some of the reckless posts I read. That in itself makes you more intelligent in approach.

Can you remember what dosage you used for smoking?

I wanted to smoke HCl, but I read somewhere that it produces very painful smoke with an awful black residue. But your experience makes me want to try it. Are smoked HCl dosages similar to smoked freebase dosages?

In my experience:

Smoked HCl dosages are similar to smoked freebase dosages. Despite what you read out there on the internet, I believe there is no change in potency of the HCl vs the freebase. However, the HCl is extremely harsh on the lungs, it feels very unhealthy. I recommend the freebase because it is so much easier on the lungs. It's definitely worth doing the conversion, and there is no reason that you should loose any material during conversion, if you do it right.

I've smoked from 5mg to about 30mg, with effects ranging from a + to a ++. For higher doses, I prefer nasal ROA.

okay I tried it 30 milligrams was kinda underwhelming but definitely very psychedelic I see why they call this one the light. I was watching a movie and a guy with blue eyes where glowing. definitely saw that trend I sniffed it and does anybody else notice a numbingn effect in the back of your throat very similar to cocaine drip? I will definitely be getting more this stuff though.thank you jack aroo for your insight brother much love

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Bignazznugz. I am glad it was a little underwhelming than overwhelming. Now you know how to adjust the amount or timing. An overshoot can be fun too, epecially after the first hour of melting.

Yes, the numbness in the back of the throat reminiscent of cocaine. Especially the first hour. Then some stuffiness later on. I don't like sniffing anything, but will do it for DPT. (I hear the echo's of the people saying IM, IM....)

Much love back at you BN. I like hearing about people's DPT experiences. It was the first simple trytpamine I ever tried back in the early 80's. Every once in a while the interest peaks again. It' also nice to know it is a stable substance. 20 years later it worked just as good. Hopefully whatever people are getting today is close to pure.

High dose 4-HO-MET(70mg insufflated) and 60mg DPT are a special combination. It turned everything, and I mean everything industrial strength. I only did this once but I'll never forget looking into the glowing orange sky and feeling like I was on an alien robot manufacturing planet.

mind bending :)

That sounds pretty sick, maybe write up a report on that? I can see myself experimenting with 4-HO-MET and have pushed the dose with it, but I'm apprehensive about DPT. Maybe DiPT but then again I haven't even tried that bad boy. Oooh good reminder, soon!

That sounds pretty sick, maybe write up a report on that? I can see myself experimenting with 4-HO-MET and have pushed the dose with it, but I'm apprehensive about DPT. Maybe DiPT but then again I haven't even tried that bad boy. Oooh good reminder, soon!

I will for sure, but it was years ago, so I'll need my older brother/fellow tripper in order to get the timeline correct. It was one hell of a trip though I'll tell you that! :)

Solipsis- you've never tried DiPT? It's my favorite base tryptamine by far. Loads of euphoria, awesome-positive head space and the visual are azure and golden once you get into the high doses.

So the cinnamon DPT is considered bunk/20% pure? This is upsetting to find out. Considering sending off a sample for tests, since I have enough to last me a lifetime IMing

So the cinnamon DPT is considered bunk/20% pure? This is upsetting to find out. Considering sending off a sample for tests, since I have enough to last me a lifetime IMing

Please take what I have to say with a grain of (Hcl?) salt, because we have no way of knowing for sure if we're talking about the same batch, plus I'm using my subjective experience with it to guess at potency, and there's a large margin of error there..

I don't think the cinnamon DPT is totally bunk or only 20% pure, I believe it must be pretty close to completely pure. At the doses I experimented with, the cinnamon DPT yielded subjective effects very comparable to those reported on erowid etc. at the same dosages. Also, I have used the newer white batch, and did not find it to be noticeably more potent than the cinnamon one.

I think it doesn't take much impurity to change the colour of a chem like DPT. But because we don't know what these impurities are, I will never put that "cinnamon" DPT directly into my body via IM. At the same time, remember that just because the new DPT is white, doesn't mean it's necessarily more pure either. It probably is, but until it is tested by a reliable 3rd party, we just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.