View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DPT Thread (Version 2) - Life and Death are But One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will possibly be running some tests on the cinnamon looking DPT from (99.9% sure) same vendor this weekend. I saw those comments as well about its questionable purity and precursor content but A good friend of mine did try 100mg nasally of that same stuff right in front of me and when I asked him if he felt any effects about a half hour later he said dmt like visuals and felt pretty high. He's also one of the 2 hard heads in my group especially with Tryptamines.
So I was surprised when I started seeing claims of it being shitty DPT. I will say though, when I put 500 mg into a water/ NaOH solution and then added naptha as the solvent to absorb the freebase dmt ( I thought I'd treat it like a DMT extraction since I know how to do that very well). I noticed a significant ammount of gunk floating on the surface which confused me because the clear naptha turned the same colour as the DPT so I was unsure if the floaty gunk was the freebase oil or if I should evaporate the solvent. I assume the DPT should be in the naptha which is currently evaporating? I don't know about that floaty gunk now that it's out of the solution it turned hard and crispy. Is it partly the hcl? It's about 25% I'd estimate of what I put into the solution.
I really this DPT doesn't turn out to be filled with impurities, this vendor is usually pretty solid in terms of quality 4 subbed Tryptamines. It's curious that most of their simple Tryptamines have seemed to much less pure and lower quality than their 4 subbed Tryps. I assume you'll need to make DPT before you throw the HO on there. Their 4-HO-DPT was very fine white crystals. Like if you got a lab that makes awesome 4 subbed tryps, then why get a shittier lab to make the simple tryps?

So people just put to much stock into color, I mean yes clearly if your DPT reaks like some solvent then it clearly has some troubles, but the few grams of tan/beige/or brown DPT where the best batches I ever had. I had some that also looked as white as snow but it clearly was a bit less potent than the other colored batches had been.....

My brown/cinnamon DPT smells like a mixture of DMT and vinager. Does that sound normal at all ? I could smell it through the envilope in the mail!

I will possibly be running some tests on the cinnamon looking DPT from (99.9% sure) same vendor this weekend. I saw those comments as well about its questionable purity and precursor content but A good friend of mine did try 100mg nasally of that same stuff right in front of me and when I asked him if he felt any effects about a half hour later he said dmt like visuals and felt pretty high. He's also one of the 2 hard heads in my group especially with Tryptamines.
So I was surprised when I started seeing claims of it being shitty DPT. I will say though, when I put 500 mg into a water/ NaOH solution and then added naptha as the solvent to absorb the freebase dmt ( I thought I'd treat it like a DMT extraction since I know how to do that very well). I noticed a significant ammount of gunk floating on the surface which confused me because the clear naptha turned the same colour as the DPT so I was unsure if the floaty gunk was the freebase oil or if I should evaporate the solvent. I assume the DPT should be in the naptha which is currently evaporating? I don't know about that floaty gunk now that it's out of the solution it turned hard and crispy. Is it partly the hcl? It's about 25% I'd estimate of what I put into the solution.
I really this DPT doesn't turn out to be filled with impurities, this vendor is usually pretty solid in terms of quality 4 subbed Tryptamines. It's curious that most of their simple Tryptamines have seemed to much less pure and lower quality than their 4 subbed Tryps. I assume you'll need to make DPT before you throw the HO on there. Their 4-HO-DPT was very fine white crystals. Like if you got a lab that makes awesome 4 subbed tryps, then why get a shittier lab to make the simple tryps?

I would be very interested in reading your results. So far all we've really got is speculation (as educated as that speculation might be, it's still speculation until tests are run) and anecdotal experiences. I don't think anyone is judging this product solely on it's color, help, but it's the fact that this particular cinnamon colored dpt all comes from the same vendor who has received accusations that the product is bunk.

When do you think you'll do your testing? I was thinking of trying some this weekend...

Regarding smell, mine had a strong smell similar to DMT right when i opened the envelope, but the smell is slightly less intense now than it was when it arrives a few days ago. or maybe i'm just getting used to it.

I would be very interested in reading your results. So far all we've really got is speculation (as educated as that speculation might be, it's still speculation until tests are run) and anecdotal experiences. I don't think anyone is judging this product solely on it's color, help, but it's the fact that this particular cinnamon colored dpt all comes from the same vendor who has received accusations that the product is bunk.

When do you think you'll do your testing? I was thinking of trying some this weekend...

Regarding smell, mine had a strong smell similar to DMT right when i opened the envelope, but the smell is slightly less intense now than it was when it arrives a few days ago. or maybe i'm just getting used to it.

The plan was to run tests tonight, but the girlfriend wants to try 4-HO-MIPT so I dunno, I'm genuinely curious about this DPT. So, after evaporating the that naptha, I was left with a cinnamon colored oil at the bottom of the jar. So I'm pretty confident it's the freebase... But what the heck was all that crispy stuff would not go into the naptha? I'm thinking its impurities in the DPT. I've just never taken something that's HCL and freebased it before so I'm not sure. I may just try that freebase in an oil pipe tonight though even if we end up exploring the MIPT.
I will report back however!

I just want to make it clear that the "cinnamon" DPT I was talking about earlier in the thread didn't come from that canadian vendor, but from a european one some year ago.

DPT should smell somewhat like DMT, just not as strong, in my experience.

Hasn't that Canadian vendor's DPT always been cinnamon? I got it back in 2010 or early 2011 from them and it was cinnamon then... It was still fantastic quality.

I turned it into freebase.

Lets just say with this EXACT batch that i know you are talking about there magical kat.

I lost a majority of my product literally due to extreme impurities.
Which smelled literally worse than rotten eggs. It wasn't the ammonia i used to extract the oil with either.
it was BLACK disgusting GUNK.

Not i did get some white oil, about... 250mg.
Some Cinnamon oil 1.5 grams.
and some brown oil. 5.

So in total i lost 2750mg of my material because it was nasty and bunk.

i miss the days of Dannie Haupt.

^ When did you get it? Its very well possible that they have had the same batch this whole time. I mean its rather expensive per dose and its especially expensive if you knew how cheap it was when every vendor in the US had it...

I figured that it was significantly impure but I never thought it was THAT bad. Its possible that it was allowed to degrade even more over the years though.

I know for a fact that particular vendor didn't store their chemicals properly.....

I miss the days of Omega...

i have heard that well-synthesized/pure DPT is hard to come across

its part of the reason i've rarely bought any. this stuff carries a big price tag already, and then if its impure on top of that? meh.

It wasn't like that before... I have a feeling that most vendors have the same batch and they can't sell it so they aren't getting more.

As you said, its very expensive now.

Maybe it will go down in price now that it is one of the few legal chemicals left in many places. I know a lab that would produce very high quality product, they're great with tryptamines, but they batch by the kilo only so vendors would have to have a huge influx of interest for anyone to carry it :/

FrenchCanadian supplier
got the batch in July.
I got it 2 weeks after he first got it.
Made it within DAYS of Receiving it.

It was gross.

FrenchCanadian supplier
got the batch in July.
I got it 2 weeks after he first got it.
Made it within DAYS of Receiving it.

It was gross.

Good to know.

I haven't gotten anything from them since 2011 or so but I've heard they've been going south on everything lately.

TBH What MagickKat is saying has merit, I asked one of the largest/oldest/well known vendors, who has stocked everything from white DPT to tan/brown DPT, and they said people simply aren't buying DPT like they used to for whatever reason and for them it simply isn't worth the cost to attempt to sell it. I never asked if they had stock left or what. There was a golden time as well I think that MK is thinking of as well where brilliantly white DPT was sold gram wise for a quarter of a hundred.... 8o Also hate getting to close to bending the rules but that vendor now blows and kinda always has, IMO....

TBH What MagickKat is saying has merit, I asked one of the largest/oldest/well known vendors, who has stocked everything from white DPT to tan/brown DPT, and they said people simply aren't buying DPT like they used to for whatever reason and for them it simply isn't worth the cost to attempt to sell it. I never asked if they had stock left or what. There was a golden time as well I think that MK is thinking of as well where brilliantly white DPT was sold gram wise for a quarter of a hundred.... 8o Also hate getting to close to bending the rules but that vendor now blows and kinda always has, IMO....

Remember the freebase oil? lol

I believe I have some materials from this vendor, if I'm reading between the lines correctly,; does anyone have speculation on other items, or is the DPT the only one that is raising purity flags?

Everything Else I've gotten from that vendor has been extremely high quality - except for their simple Tryptamines. I was also not impressed with their MET which was gooy melting mess when I opened the package. All of their 4 subbed Tryptamines are awesome! Their Allylescaline was excellent, as was their 25i and 25C. It seems to me that the problem is that lab that made the DPT and the MET. I'm pretty sure a different lab makes their 4subbed Tryptamines.
The bad news is I think they gave that same shitty lab that made the DPT the failed HOT -7 project and now their attempting 2C-EF which I doubt they will succeed atif they can't even do DPT. :/

Yeah i didn't want to post too much either. Vendor rules and all but people should be made aware. Slightly.
On top of all of this it's been two Months, and the sister site they advertise on their MAIN PAGE
still hasn't gotten back to me with my 1000 dollars worth of product.

However two days ago they sent me an Email apologizing me and offering me 2 grams of Foxy in exchange for their delays.
*sigh* Now i'm just waiting and hoping that everything is just waiting to clear customs.

And i can DMT + 2c-t-7 my way into the new year.

When my package ever arrive? *weeps into his open hands*

At least i was successful with my Acacia Confusa Extraction.
and Boy Howdy... was i ever...

Any advice on smoking the DPT hcl? light bulbs - sprinkling on a deep bed of ash?
I know the freebase is more suited but the HCL works and I don't want to freebase it; I tried once; it didn't work and I don't want to waste the last bit I got a botched attempt + insuflation is a bitch with this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.