View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DPT Thread (Version 2) - Life and Death are But One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also for the guy above me, dear christ don't IM amphetamine unless it's incredibly pure and not in pill form, you'll be heading to a hospital sooner or later IM'ing pills (probably sooner)

I don't plan on IM amphetamine. Thats the thing stopping me from IMing, I dont want to start IMing amphetamine. If I ever did though it would never be a pill, probably only 95%+ purity RC's

Why of course! I usually get pretty pure stuff. 95% is WAY better than most amphetamines and heroin that most people are slamming though!

True.

I'm just glad to hear that you are not going to IM pills, that scared me for a second.

Also take into account that you need MUCH higher purity for IM, IV is in a way, more forgivable than IM. In the muscle there isn't anything that takes the impurities away, they just fester and can lead to horrible things.

and with a compound as as relatively un-potent as DPT is, a 5% impurity is actually pretty sizable

True.

I'm just glad to hear that you are not going to IM pills, that scared me for a second.

Also take into account that you need MUCH higher purity for IM, IV is in a way, more forgivable than IM. In the muscle there isn't anything that takes the impurities away, they just fester and can lead to horrible things.

and with a compound as as relatively un-potent as DPT is, a 5% impurity is actually pretty sizable

Thanks guys! Those are 2 things that I didnt really consider. A clear sign that I really must wait until I am ready for the needle! I have all of the proper supplies already, and I have the rest of my life to use them

I have a question regarding nasal administration... I pretty much never ever snort anything but DPT is one of the very few materials that I might make the exception (4-ho-dpt being one of the others ... Just amazing stuff!).
I was wondering if putting DPT into saline solution would make nasal administration any easier?
It is truly awful to insufflate as the HCL powder and seems to require a significant amount of material (50-200mg) for a decent effect depending on the individual - I have the cinnamon coloured DPT from a well known vendor).

I have a question regarding nasal administration... I pretty much never ever snort anything but DPT is one of the very few materials that I might make the exception (4-ho-dpt being one of the others ... Just amazing stuff!).
I was wondering if putting DPT into saline solution would make nasal administration any easier?
It is truly awful to insufflate as the HCL powder and seems to require a significant amount of material (50-200mg) for a decent effect depending on the individual - I have the cinnamon coloured DPT from a well known vendor).
I think this tek for snorting DMT probably works really well for DPT too. Skip the part with the vinegar because your DPT is already HCl. http://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Ingestion_Methods

I have that DPT too, by the way :D

Hi Fagott!
Thank you for that tek. This is the first time I've had access to DPT, have you ever had DPT from a different source to compare with this so called "cinnamon" looking DPT? I am wondering about its potency... But virtually everything else from the same vendor has been very high quality and maybe so is this browny red DPT I just have no other DPT experiences to compare it to.

Snorting works fine with DPT, as does rectal administration. A dosage of 50-60mg worked well for me via either route. The drip is pretty weird tasting but I would sip on some orange juice to take care of that.

Fagott, that tek is pretty interesting....I wonder what the purpose of the coconut cream is? To make it not as irritating to the nasal passages?

I got some *very* potent, high-quality white and crystally DPT from a vendor that stopped shipping to the US. I was very satisfied with it.
Then, from a less expensive source, I ordered another gram. This time the product was slightly off-white and more powdery... But for some reason the body feeling was no longer enjoyable. With the first batch, I'd have this extremely erotic body "electricity", but with the second batch I just got tense.. And on top of that, I tested the new product at half the dose I usually take... So I'd hate to find out how tense the body feeling is at my normal dose. *sigh* too bad a lot of places are no longer shipping to here. It's interesting how much 2 different synths of the same compound can vary! (Other friends who have tried both batches agreed with me about the body feeling being much more harsh from the 2nd batch.)

Hi Fagott!
Thank you for that tek. This is the first time I've had access to DPT, have you ever had DPT from a different source to compare with this so called "cinnamon" looking DPT? I am wondering about its potency... But virtually everything else from the same vendor has been very high quality and maybe so is this browny red DPT I just have no other DPT experiences to compare it to.

I've tried some pure white DPT from one of the best tryptamine vendors in EU, and this brown "cinnamon" DPT is just as good, I don't feel any difference at all.

About that coconut cream method, I haven't tried it myself, but yes, I'm sure the coconut cream is to line the insides of the nose to not make the DMT so irritating for the nasal mucosa. Personally I find DPT quite okay´ish to snort. I don't really mind the drip that much.

Just start with insufflation. ~30 mg is a good place to start. It's a mild dose.

A little trip report on 8 mg.

IMPORTANT UPDATE, Nov. 14. There are doubts expressed on SoS that this cinnamon-coloured powder sold by this traditionally reliable Canadian vendor is pure DPT. That despite the statement and link on the vendor's website that claims 98.7 percent purity (HPLC). Based on lack of solubility of the HCl and lack of homogeneity of the powder (I tested neither), there is speculation that it contains large amounts (up to 80 percent) of a pre-cursor, unreacted indoles or other unidentified gunk, in addition to the DPT. If true this would be hugely disappointing from this vendor. Until the issue is settled, the below trip report is thus to be seen cautiously as to whether it constitutes a pure DPT experience. I don't share however claims on SoS that this powder is borderline inactive. Given my satisfying experience on a low amount, see below, the powder is clearly active.

T minus 1 hour: opened package, in the mail from a traditionally trustworthy Canadian source and poured the substance into a glass vial for long term storage. Noted that the powder is denser than 2c-x, one gram is a small quantity. Also noted that the color is a faint brownish powder. Unsure if that's the normal color or an impurity. (Edit: it's possibly the same "cinnamon" powder referred in posts above.)

T minus 30 minutes: Erowid writes that the threshold dose is 5-20 mg insufflated. With that wide of a range, I decide on 8 mg. I consult the "Guide to insufflation" on Bluelight. That was necessary because my one and only other attempt to insufflate (5-meo-dmt) was unpleasant. The guide helpfully writes that insufflation should be done lightly to avoid a drip down the esophagus. Feeling thankful, I press the "donate" button.

T minus 20: I verify my precision scales are working accurately and measure out 8 mg. A few small specks. I cut a plastic straw in half as my tool to insufflate.

T minus 10: usual precautions. I ingest a capsule of grape seed extract to protect the brain from the free-radical releasing effects of psychedelics. And an aspirin, to thin the blood so there is less stress on the heart from any blood pressure effects. Plus a raw clove of garlic, just because my grandma would approve and it's healthy. Also get out the Cyproheptadine in case it's needed for in an emergency of serotonin syndrome.

T minus 5: I make sure the setting and mental state is good. Psychedelics and I get along very well. They reliably elevate me towards light, love, empathy and insight. Phenetylamines and I get along particularly well. Tryptamines and I get along ok. I remind myself that whatever happens on the trip is a reflection from inside me and my subconscious. The iconoclastic image of Dr. Freud comes to my mind. Or the trip may hold me the mirror of my "shadow" to my face, as tryptamines sometimes do, which would make for a more difficult journey. I surrender to those when they come but don't seek them out. An image of Dr. Jung comes to mind. It's all good.

T: I insufflate 8 mg. No issues.

T+30: Plus one on the Shulgin scale. I am pleasantly surprised how natural the come-on feels. The come-on from the phenetylamines or even 4-aco-dmt feels more chemical than this. (For completeness though, magic mushrooms and I get along, but are not great friends.)

T+40: the pleasant merge of soul and mind I love with the psychedelics is happening. A feel of connection, empathy, love. I spontaneously start a chat conversation with a stranger half across the world about God and the Universe. That is unusual for me because I more typically enjoy my journeys the same way Terence McKenna did: alone, silent and in darkness.

T+150: I feel I'm past the peak. Plus 2 on the Shulgin scale. I decide to go to bed.

T+180: lying in bed consciously, the effects linger. Feeling in touch with myself and others. I happily drift to sleep.

T + 9 hours: I wake up and note effects are still there. No hangover, just not back to baseline.

T+11 hours: still not returned to baseline. I am unsurprised as journeys tend to linger longer with me than what Erowid suggests. Erowid places an upper limit of 8 hours of total effect.

Bottom line: This was a pleasant and elevational trip, surprisingly natural feeling. Apple pie stuff. DPT and I get along very well. Next time, I'll titrate up to 10mg. My habit for all powerful psychedelics is to start at a treshold dose, and titrate up 2mg at a time.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience putting DPT into solution for snorting? I was wondering if putting into just distilled water or saline would decrease the burn of insuffilation? I'm thinking of trying the tek Fagott posted but was wondering if anyone else has tried this? Any idea how long the solution in saline or distilled water would last for? Would you still need 100+mg for good solid trip( would it be the same dosage as insuffilatibg the powder hcl?) would saline be preferable for snorting over distilled water?
Thanks so much for any advice!

Hey all! First off, I just wanted to say, I am both gladdened and enthused that I finally have a legitimate reason to join in on the ever-stimulating and pioneering discourse found here at Bluelight :D. I sincerely look forward to working/researching/conversing with you all!

Anyways -- I just managed to source a gram of this arcane material (the HCl salt) after almost a year of seeking and was now wondering if anyone would be so kind as to enlighten me with the optimal method of converting it to changa (dried b. caapi leaf). Should I convert it to freebase first before doing an IPA evaporation or is there perhaps a way do the conversion directly?

Hey all! First off, I just wanted to say, I am both gladdened and enthused that I finally have a legitimate reason to join in on the ever-stimulating and pioneering discourse found here at Bluelight :D. I sincerely look forward to working/researching/conversing with you all!

Anyways -- I just managed to source a gram of this arcane material (the HCl salt) after almost a year of seeking and was now wondering if anyone would be so kind as to enlighten me with the optimal method of converting it to changa (dried b. caapi leaf). Should I convert it to freebase first before doing an IPA evaporation or is there perhaps a way do the conversion directly?

Here's a good place to start: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/459822-DPT-Subthread-Combinations

definitely report back with your results, please :)

IMPORTANT UPDATE, Nov. 14. There are doubts expressed on SoS that this cinnamon-coloured powder sold by this traditionally reliable Canadian vendor is pure DPT. That despite the statement and link on the vendor's website that claims 98.7 percent purity (HPLC). Based on lack of solubility of the HCl and lack of homogeneity of the powder (I tested neither), there is speculation that it contains large amounts (up to 80 percent) of a pre-cursor, unreacted indoles or other unidentified gunk, in addition to the DPT. If true this would be hugely disappointing from this vendor. Until the issue is settled, the below trip report is thus to be seen cautiously as to whether it constitutes a pure DPT experience. I don't share however claims on SoS that this powder is borderline inactive. Given my satisfying experience on a low amount, see below, the powder is clearly active.

I just acquired 500mg of this same cinnamon colored DPT from what I presume to be the same Canadian vendor we're all referring to. Will post a report after I try some this weekend.

Please forgive me if this is an incredibly noobish question but what is SoS?

mods, forgive me if linking to SOS isn't allowed, but i feel it is an important harm-reduction resource that more people should know about -- http://safeorscam.com

put in the URL/e-mail address of a source and you will find information on their legitimacy/safety/reliability. there is no reverse index, and it is not possible to use the site to find sources you did not already know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.