• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DPT Thread - Part 3: So bright this light...

There's nothing mild about DPT. Something is seriously wrong with what's happening during the experiences of these recent posters...

Yes, after another vaporization attempt I'm suspecting that what the vendor sent was simply not DPT. Scary. I may send it out for analysis (somewhere.. never done that before).

Yes, after another vaporization attempt I'm suspecting that what the vendor sent was simply not DPT. Scary. I may send it out for analysis (somewhere.. never done that before).
I hope this it's okay for me to ask this...the vendor you got your DPT from, does it go by the initials 'BCD'? That is where I got mine, and mine is also basically white (sliiiightly off-white).
Also, is vaporization the only ROA you have attempted so far? I think it's important that we remember that dosage varies for everyone, I hope for us it's a case of either improper technique or not a strong enough dose, as I did end up ordering more after my second attempt :s

yeah...BCD...I threw mine away after two failed IM attempts, so i'll never know if I was premature or not.
I've ceased to use them as a source though...after some shitty MET and DPT...it was red...looked like MHRB and smelled of DMT...trashed it too.
The 99% "pure" DPT was free so I took it, only to trash it too.
Iam going to get some more DPT though, through another source of course,...it seems to have potential...especially since my preferred ROA is parenteral.

sorry to hear that, from BCD, 120mg nasal should have you ++++ brown indole smelling stuff...but tossed. sad as DPT is incredible for synesthesia.

I don't think you'll find "better" DPT than the stuff coming from the quebec connection phuckingnutz. I wonder if you just have extremely high tolerance to psychedelics, or maybe DPT just doesn't work for you? Or maybe you have some expectation of DPT to be in the realm of the same potency as some of the subbed tryptamines, like 4-AcO-DMT? 100mg of DPT shouldn't be anywhere close to the power of 100mg 4-AcO-DMT.

DPT needs a pretty big dose compared to the 4 and 5 subs, but it can take you far. As far as I can tell, and after comparing my multiple trials to the reports at similar doses from others on the web, there's nothing wrong with the pure white batch, and even the cinnamon brown batch was pretty good (but extra foul smelling).

Or maybe it can't take someone like you far phuckingnutz! After reading about some of the doses you've consumed, I can see that you might have pretty high expectations/tolerance/ability to trip hard. I don't mean that in a congratulatory way nor in a critical way, just observing.

yeah...BCD...I threw mine away after two failed IM attempts, so i'll never know if I was premature or not.
I've ceased to use them as a source though...after some shitty MET and DPT...it was red...looked like MHRB and smelled of DMT...trashed it too.
The 99% "pure" DPT was free so I took it, only to trash it too.
Iam going to get some more DPT though, through another source of course,...it seems to have potential...especially since my preferred ROA is parenteral.

I got mine from them too as a replacement and 100mg nasally had me holding on to the couch for dear life for a lil while and I consider myself a hardhead to Tryptamines (having had some question my high dosing here at BL) So I think that "new" batch of québécois DPT potent as fuck!
I think you might have an extreme tolorance to DPT maybe.
Hell, 200mg of that stuff even worked shockingly well for me orally!

Of course the fault could have been my smoking technique, but my fear is that, if it's potent when insufflated, but not when vaporized, that perhaps it's not DPT. Maybe it's actually 4-ho-dpt (which that vendor happens to offer as well)... Anyway, sorry for the speculation, I'll get to the bottom of this. :)

This chemical is amazing. 50mgs sniffed had my mind, body, soul, ego, shimmering/ humming/vibrating. This was on top of some DOC, next time I think I will go for the full 100mgs.

Going straight from 50mg to 100mg seems like a big leap, especially if you found 50mg to be strong, and especially after reading GolemGolem's harrowing experience on the previous page when he went up by 20mg.

Maybe try 80mg first? Or 80mg + 20mg after 20mins or whatever.

100mgs may be a big leap but while 50mgs was indeed strong, it was insanely pleasant which caused me to repeat the experience twice within several hours. The DOC may have forced a relaxed mindstate mabey. Either way I enjoyed myself very much, dpt and I have a very bright future ahead of us<3

Of course the fault could have been my smoking technique, but my fear is that, if it's potent when insufflated, but not when vaporized, that perhaps it's not DPT. Maybe it's actually 4-ho-dpt (which that vendor happens to offer as well)... Anyway, sorry for the speculation, I'll get to the bottom of this. :)
Doubtfull, 4-ho-dpt is one of the very rarest RC's and that vendor in question had it stocked for about 48 hours before it sold out. It's been listed as out of stock ever since (I should know, I bought most of his stock). If DPT is potent nasally but not vaporized then it's been degraded in your freebase conversion or your vaping technique is off.

Both times I did DPT it was an off-white powder never saw this red stuff. should be getting more today hopefully its the same stuff.

Mine was quite white and fluffy, sourced domestically, but who knows where he got his from.

Just wanted to babel on about some of the less scary experiences as I was coming down. Once at the hospital and the doctors changed at different points to aliens with exposed rainbow veins who felt very cold and distant, Military and I was at gitmo being harshly interrogated in a bright white room while explosions could be heard in the distance (the Chinese had adulterated the MXE see, and now I was a bio bomb, I wanted them to get the bomb squad to detonate me someplace safe, but they wouldn't listen and I was scared for them), and finally David Ickle brand reptilians who decided to save the military for their own reasons. They castrated me because thats where the contageon was, but they were going to keep my balls and use it themselves (or as it turned out cathed me, I was quite surprised when I came down further and found out I still had my junk).
Then just tripping hard but being more or less with it and able to give more complex answers not in the form of poetry pleading and curses.
Kinda neat that I went through three classic paranoid fantasies in short succession, none of which I've had before. That it was focused on the doctors, as I felt warm towards the nurses, before one more big surge and another visit by god as black hole, then a bunch of IV xanax (you know, once it really wasn't needed anymore) and I go blank for a bit wake up again that night and I'm sane.

Also kind of surprised I went through that and I'm not any more mentally unwell, or well for that matter, that other than my girl and the bills and the no moar stash things everything is very, very normal. Little more god fearing....but normal.

Last edited:
I've tried converting my DPT HCL to freebase form on 3 separate occasions now. The first two I ended up just trying to sandwich it in between some weed and use a cigarette lighter to vaporize, but neither really did much. Like, practically no OEV except for practically unnoticeable waviness/morphing (so incredibly minute), and the CEV was only useful one of the times and the introspection was quite forced, turned out to not really be much of a trip but more imagination slightly enhanced by I suppose a microdose.
Just got back from a festival where a friend offered to smoke me on DMT if I could find a freebase pipe, which I did but then I couldn't find him afterwards. So when I got home I decided I would instead use the pipe for DPT.
So, attempt #3, I added 50mg of DPT to a spoon, then 11-12 drops of water, gently heated the spoon with breaks to stir until the DPT dissolved, and then I added 12mg of baking soda. I stirred that quite well and then put it near my heater for about 10 minutes until the water had evaporated. What was left was the same as usual, but this time I dried it out so it would be less damp.
First of all, that stuff is a bitch to scoop into the pipe, I use the little tweezers that came with my scale but man is it ever sticky. What do you guys use to work with DPT?
Second, even after vaporizing half of the stuff, I felt veeeery little, just a slight sensation in the body of something coming on. So I vaporized the rest, and then the sensation definitely increased but at no point where any OEV produced whatsoever even after vaporizing 50mg which I've heard is enough to be intense for mostly anyone. I did notice that 6-7 hits of LSD over the course of about 3-4 hours (initially 2-3, then another 2 about an hour later, the rest at T+4) also produced practically no visuals, which I had blamed on the fact that I'd taken 4-aco-met the night before and likely was due to tolerance. Does it make sense that the DPT was almost completely nullified by such a tolerance?

I'm trying to determine what could be going wrong, as I would like to avoid insufflation if possible, but I also would like to stop wasting DPT.
I'm thinking it's either something is going wrong in the conversion process, maybe heating the spoon too much, I'm not vaporizing it properly, or it's tolerance, though I suspect something labelled Damn Powerful Tryptamine should still produce at least some noticeable effect, especially since none of the drugs I did all weekend at the festival I was at ever produced a powerful trip it was always mild. (The drugs were 4-aco-met friday, LSD Saturday and a bit more 4-aco-met at the end of the night when I realized how mild the whole trip was, and some shrooms on Sunday)

What do you guys think?

^^ I think you must be a hard head. Wow, 6-7 hits of acid didn't do anything for you. If its typical acid that would be enough to send most people to the moon and back. The 4-aco-met the day before would definitely give you tolerance too.

If you want to keep trying DPT do it after you've had a break from PDs. don't combine it with alchohol. Are you on any meds? Maybe try sniffing it, seems more reliable than smoking. Try upping your dose a bit. Don't look for fireworks, I don't think this is the substance for visual eye candy.

I've tried converting my DPT HCL to freebase form on 3 separate occasions now. The first two I ended up just trying to sandwich it in between some weed and use a cigarette lighter to vaporize, but neither really did much. Like, practically no OEV except for practically unnoticeable waviness/morphing (so incredibly minute), and the CEV was only useful one of the times and the introspection was quite forced, turned out to not really be much of a trip but more imagination slightly enhanced by I suppose a microdose.
Just got back from a festival where a friend offered to smoke me on DMT if I could find a freebase pipe, which I did but then I couldn't find him afterwards. So when I got home I decided I would instead use the pipe for DPT.
So, attempt #3, I added 50mg of DPT to a spoon, then 11-12 drops of water, gently heated the spoon with breaks to stir until the DPT dissolved, and then I added 12mg of baking soda. I stirred that quite well and then put it near my heater for about 10 minutes until the water had evaporated. What was left was the same as usual, but this time I dried it out so it would be less damp.
First of all, that stuff is a bitch to scoop into the pipe, I use the little tweezers that came with my scale but man is it ever sticky. What do you guys use to work with DPT?
Second, even after vaporizing half of the stuff, I felt veeeery little, just a slight sensation in the body of something coming on. So I vaporized the rest, and then the sensation definitely increased but at no point where any OEV produced whatsoever even after vaporizing 50mg which I've heard is enough to be intense for mostly anyone. I did notice that 6-7 hits of LSD over the course of about 3-4 hours (initially 2-3, then another 2 about an hour later, the rest at T+4) also produced practically no visuals, which I had blamed on the fact that I'd taken 4-aco-met the night before and likely was due to tolerance. Does it make sense that the DPT was almost completely nullified by such a tolerance?

I'm trying to determine what could be going wrong, as I would like to avoid insufflation if possible, but I also would like to stop wasting DPT.
I'm thinking it's either something is going wrong in the conversion process, maybe heating the spoon too much, I'm not vaporizing it properly, or it's tolerance, though I suspect something labelled Damn Powerful Tryptamine should still produce at least some noticeable effect, especially since none of the drugs I did all weekend at the festival I was at ever produced a powerful trip it was always mild. (The drugs were 4-aco-met friday, LSD Saturday and a bit more 4-aco-met at the end of the night when I realized how mild the whole trip was, and some shrooms on Sunday)

What do you guys think?

you wanna know what I think?

just plug eet :D

^^ I think you must be a hard head. Wow, 6-7 hits of acid didn't do anything for you. If its typical acid that would be enough to send most people to the moon and back.
Well I'm certainly not nearly as experienced with LSD as most, I've only taken clean stuff twice, the 6-7 hits being my second time. I think the issue is that I tend to require a higher dose of tryptamines than others, I remember when I got my 4-aco-dmt and some were saying 10mg is a comfortable starting point but I got literally nothing when experimenting below 20mg, had to take 25mg to finally have a decent and shortlived trip on it.
Not on any meds either. It's been about 4-5 days since I took 1mg of 25i-NBOH, gonna wait a couple more days and try again.

I just came down from a session of 40mg DPT(insufflated) + MXE. When they say duration is 2-4 hours, with the way time ripples at that level it feels more like 2-4 lifetimes, damn good lifetimes though to be sure, at least from these eyes.
This stuff is so sacred. I wish I had words for it.
I listened to FLAC of Erothyme - Circadia it is a very doable trip for DPT!

Last edited: