• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DPT Thread - Part 3: So bright this light...

I'm thankful that my wife doesn't read these forums, but less thankful that I've read that just before my first attempt at DPT.

Sorry for the scare Golem, glad you're ok in the end.

Yes, and she asked me to write down what I took, "just in case." I think I'll actually do that this once. In any case, I'm just going to test the waters (vaporizing, starting with small amounts). Here we go.

3) Let the flame just lick the weed a tiny bit, a little tiny lick at a time. The idea of vaporizing is that you bring the chemical up to the point that it boils and vaporizes, but without burning it. So it needs to get hot, but not really really hot. So give it a touch of flame for a moment here and there, but don't roast it. That has worked for me anyways.

Hey perpetual, I'm going to try a second go at converting and vaping, and I just wanted to clarify one thing. When you say that it comes to a point that it boils and vaporizes, should there actually be a visible bubbling of the wax? I think when I actually just kept the flame close to the DPT without weed on top (and after unclogging my bowl which was likely why anything beforehand did very little to nothing), and noticed it slowly bubble away, that was when I got the most out of it. Just want to make sure that's actually what I'm going for and that it didn't just seem to work better for some other reason (remaining residue from previous hits or something like that).

Sorry for posting so damn much, just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about that experience Golem (a bit for myself, but mainly for you). That sounds incredibly frightening.
Also, when you took 20mg the other night perpetual, what ROA did you use, insufflation like Golem?
I managed to have a bit of a stronger experience than the last, by just 'slow roasting' a big glob of the stuff, allowing it to very slowly bubble away but also drawing strong enough to make sure I get the vapor.
OEV were still mild but more noticeable, mainly a change in depth perception, and CEV's were more introspective (and I used less this time, 25mg) but also had a lot of random stuff going on as well (possibly due to the weed), but I still would be baffled if someone told me they were getting an equivalent on par with Ayahuasca off of this stuff (or at least off of my dose).
So what I'm debating is, next time, just doing my best to meditate away any anxiety and not pussy-foot, and try and vape about 40-50mg all in 1-2 hits, oooor, change my ROA and rail 25mg.
Any input? (Again sorry for double posting)

I have not smoked it yet, but I can tell you for me anyway railing isn't as unpleasant as most reports suggest, a line of speed is infinitely more painful with a more obnoxious drip.
Is it weird I want to use DPT again? I made some promises so I wont for a long time, but I kinda want to go back and try to look for a resolution.

I have not smoked it yet, but I can tell you for me anyway railing isn't as unpleasant as most reports suggest, a line of speed is infinitely more painful with a more obnoxious drip.
Is it weird I want to use DPT again? I made some promises so I wont for a long time, but I kinda want to go back and try to look for a resolution.

Yeah I kinda figure a line so small wouldn't be as bad as railing a fat line of mdma, I never really minded the burn so much (except one time I got some super cheap M from a guy and then started finding these strange little plastic-like flakes while crushing it up, holy fuck worst burn ever my eyes would tear up every line) as the drips anyway.

As for wanting to go back, it's not weird it's just how you feel. I think maybe you want to feel a sense of closure before you say goodbye to psychedelics for a long time? Hell I know I was pretty upset when didn't get one last dance with mary jane before quitting, that almost bummed me out more than the thought of actually not smoking for a long time (thankfully in the future I'll be able to smoke infrequently).
I can totally see how you might be in a similar boat (especially considering DPT has thus far proven to be much more rewarding than smoking pot), not being able to at least start the break with a recent positive experience to reflect on is unfortunate. I hope you end up having the willpower to stick with giving it a break regardless though, I won't pretend to know anything about your relationship but I think it's only fair to your wife, even if she hadn't made you promise not to use it again she must have been terrified by the experience as well. That's just my own personal opinion though, hopefully you can find out where it all went wrong through other means (perhaps it just hit you way harder than you expected and you weren't prepared for that?).
Best of luck!

Here's my (non) trip report. I converted 40mg hcl to freebase using the baking soda method (no wash) and vaporized using my old DMT machine. I think I either screwed up in the conversion or my smoking technique was way off. I didn't feel the effects to be particularly psychedelic or intense, at least by 20 minutes, although I liked the body sensations... I finally gave up and smoked some good weed, which admittedly skyrocketed the threshold effects. I felt great, but I was lacking energy for creative projects (which I assumed I'd be up for) and found I didn't know what to do with myself (I suspect that if I had added some MXE to the mix it would have been a different story).

Finally, I admitted to myself that I was actually pretty bored. This is a strange feeling to have on a psychedelic drug (for me anyway)! So I closed my eyes and started meditating. Pretty soon I was seriously buzzing. Finally, I ended in braingasm. You have to understand that I have had braingasms for as long as I can remember; even before experimenting with any drugs. However, this was a pretty spectacular braingasm. "That was nice," I thought. Then I realized that I could just make it happen to myself, quickly, and repeatedly, like never before. Again and again, and stronger and stronger. I could even maintain braingasms that seemed to reverberate to infinity. The energy was highly sexual and felt incredible. Nevertheless I was quite lethargic. (I should mention that I've been somewhat sleep-deprived, so that may play a significant role here.) Eventually, I forced myself to get to bed and lay beside a sleeping wife. When I closed my eyes I found myself getting back into the braingasms. They were so intense that I would convulse at their peaks and worried that I might wake my wife.

Based on everything I've read, I assume that my actual dose was pretty low and I screwed something up. The DPT that I started with is the cleaned up white stuff from the Canadian vendor... I haven't heard that this batch is bunk so I assume that the fault for the threshold effects is mine. I'm going to try again using my Vapor Genie.

As for the conversion, I just followed the instructions given in this thread exactly (40mg + 10mg baking soda + 10 drops water) and it certainly *seemed* to go correctly (dissolved completely and precipitated when the baking soda was added). The only thing I wonder about is that the precipitate was not as oily as I expected. Is the baking soda tek foolproof or is there a way in which it can go wrong? I actually have some NaOH and Naphtha at my disposal, so maybe I should be using a better tek?

The DPT that I started with is the cleaned up white stuff from the Canadian vendor... I haven't heard that this batch is bunk so I assume that the fault for the threshold effects is mine. I'm going to try again using my Vapor Genie.

I, too, had the "cleaned up" version and after a couple of IM injections of it I threw the remaining 1.5 grams in the trash so I could use the baggie for my DMT.

If it's not bunk, then I'm immune.

I, too, had the "cleaned up" version and after a couple of IM injections of it I threw the remaining 1.5 grams in the trash so I could use the baggie for my DMT.

Wow, interesting. What ROAs did you try? Have you had any other DPT to compare with?

I think I either screwed up in the conversion or my smoking technique was way off.

Sorry to hear about your loss dude. This is also my biggest fear. As DPT is so priceless and hard to get, and since I realise I am no chemist, I am afraid I might screw up the little DPT I have left. I believe I will try the intranasal route next time I get the chance.

Wow, interesting. What ROAs did you try? Have you had any other DPT to compare with?

IM injection only ROA I tried and the only other DPT was the nasty red shit from the same Canadian vendor...might have been expecting too much...IDK.
I usually dose pretty high when doing...?...anything so maybe it was me.
I did 100mg IM injection and barely felt anything.

Assuming we're all talking about the same site, I've got the same stuff and can definitely say that I don't find it bunk in the slightest bit, so far mild yes, but I can definitely see that being more due to lack of experience with vaporizing as well as the conversion. I'm going to try insufflating next and I'll post back afterwards. Anyone know how long I should be waiting before I can trip again without tolerance reducing effects?

There's nothing mild about DPT. Something is seriously wrong with what's happening during the experiences of these recent posters. I mean, it's sort of like ... heat ripples through the ego. It's indistinct in the sense that the visuals aren't sharply defined like the way a more selective 5HT2a psychedelic like those of 25C or, maybe, 2C-E are, but your whole sense of self is "rippling," and the visuals do grow in prevalence at higher doses.

I was PM'd about comparisons and contrasts between high-dose DPT and 5-MeO-DMT, which myself and, apparently, others, have made before. Out of all the psychedelics out there currently, there are empirical indications that 5-MeO and DPT lean heavily on 5HT1a relative to 2a in the way of effects at the neuronal level, though 5-MeO much more so. That may or may not be relevant to my observations about their subjective similarity at higher dosages. But in my experience both have the effect of making ego boundaries wavy, warped, and dissolute. With DPT the tendency is more toward the less severe wiggly, light-of-consciousness-through-vibrating-jello refraction end of the spectrum of ego dissolution, whereas 5-MeO is more straight up sublimation into vapor. I'm as sure that that will confuse some people as I am that experienced others with a penchant for figurative language will pretty much follow the distinction. Of my four "ego death" experiences, one involved DPT, and another 5-MeO-DMT (in combination with DXM).

Here is an excerpt describing the vision that preceded the DPT experience:
I was at ground level peering into a shifting field of tall grass in moonlight. Diaphanous tigers crisscrossed my field of vision and wound through the undergrowth, their black stripes transformed into transparent fissures cut clean through their bodies. Then, in one fractional moment, the wind parted the grass and the tiger's ruptured stripes marshaled in line so that I could suddenly see a great distance through both the tigers and the field. That world froze and I flew through the divide and into empty night. Everything turned inside out with a terrible ripping sound and an electric jolt, and I hovered above it as a bare locus hearing my own disbelieving utterances: "that was it!" "this is it!"--yet I provided no impetus to those words. They were the rustle of grass shifting in the wind.

Last edited:
There's nothing mild about DPT. Something is seriously wrong with what's happening during the experiences of these recent posters. I mean, it's sort of like ... heat ripples through the ego. It's indistinct in the sense that the visuals aren't sharply defined like the way a more selective 5HT2a psychedelic like those of 25C or, maybe, 2C-E are, but your whole sense of self is "rippling," and the visuals do grow in prevalence at higher doses.

I was PM'd about comparisons and contrasts between high-dose DPT and 5-MeO-DMT, which myself and, apparently, others, have made before. Out of all the psychedelics out there currently, there are empirical indications that 5-MeO and DPT lean heavily on 5HT1a relative to 2a in the way of effects at the neuronal level, though 5-MeO much more so. That may or may not be relevant to my observations about their subjective similarity at higher dosages. But in my experience both have the effect of making ego boundaries wavy, warped, and dissolute. With DPT the tendency is more toward the less severe wiggly, light-of-consciousness-through-vibrating-jello refraction end of the spectrum of ego dissolution, whereas 5-MeO is more straight up sublimation into vapor. I'm as sure that that will confuse some people as I am that experienced others with a penchant for figurative language will pretty much follow the distinction. Of my four "ego death" experiences, one involved DPT, and another 5-MeO-DMT (in combination with DXM).

Here is an excerpt describing the vision that preceded the DPT experience:

Okay well I certainly can't say I've had anything even close to that, OEV were on par with a low dose of mushrooms at best..I'm not going to say that the DPT is bunk until I've tried insufflation however, I may try it again tomorrow morning (I mean, if that's how intense it's supposed to be then I doubt what I experienced both times is enough to build much of a tolerance) and let you guys know how attempt #3 goes. Either way, I'm not complaining because it's already helped me come to a few very helpful realizations so it's doing it's job, full effects or not.

Psoodonym: Thanks for the comparisons vs. 5-MeO-DMT, I've been really curious about that because they seem very similar.

I've not tried 5-MeO-DMT, still not sure if I will either, because it seems to overlap with DPT so much. Both of these drugs seem to be very trippy, deep, introspective, heavy-duty, powerful. My question is: for someone who has lots of territory left to explore within DPT, and who really likes DPT, do you think it's worth checking out 5-MeO-DMT as well?

Stranglerfish: Insuflation is my preffered ROA for DPT, and I recommend it. Smoking/vaping sucks IMO, except for the very useful short duration, and lack of pain and nasal drip. When you sniff it, make sure you do so very gently. You are trying to get the powder to sit in your sinuses, and the powder is very light so it can be easy to over-sniff. It hurts a bit, but you'll get over it. Try not to swallow the loogie that will form in your sinus, you want the drug to absorb through your sinuses.

Insuflating it has given me the most powerful trips. For me, 20mg is effective, 30mg is starting to get heavy, 60mg is mind-blowing. I want to try 80mg when I'm ready. But the doses are apparently different for everyone. If you've missed it check out the erowid DPT primer: https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dpt/dpt_primer.shtml He recommends for your first time do 25mg first, then if in 15-30mins you feel like you want to go higher, boost *once* with another 25mg. This is good advice. Measure your doses out beforehand, trying to fiddle with a scale whilst tripping ballz is something you don't need to subject yourself to.

Psoodonym: Thanks for the comparisons vs. 5-MeO-DMT, I've been really curious about that because they seem very similar.

I've not tried 5-MeO-DMT, still not sure if I will either, because it seems to overlap with DPT so much. Both of these drugs seem to be very trippy, deep, introspective, heavy-duty, powerful. My question is: for someone who has lots of territory left to explore within DPT, and who really likes DPT, do you think it's worth checking out 5-MeO-DMT as well?

Stranglerfish: Insuflation is my preffered ROA for DPT, and I recommend it. Smoking/vaping sucks IMO, except for the very useful short duration, and lack of pain and nasal drip. When you sniff it, make sure you do so very gently. You are trying to get the powder to sit in your sinuses, and the powder is very light so it can be easy to over-sniff. It hurts a bit, but you'll get over it. Try not to swallow the loogie that will form in your sinus, you want the drug to absorb through your sinuses.

Insuflating it has given me the most powerful trips. For me, 20mg is effective, 30mg is starting to get heavy, 60mg is mind-blowing. I want to try 80mg when I'm ready. But the doses are apparently different for everyone. If you've missed it check out the erowid DPT primer: https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dpt/dpt_primer.shtml He recommends for your first time do 25mg first, then if in 15-30mins you feel like you want to go higher, boost *once* with another 25mg. This is good advice. Measure your doses out beforehand, trying to fiddle with a scale whilst tripping ballz is something you don't need to subject yourself to.
5MeO is sort of nitrous like in that it's the same relative experience each time, but I don't feel it and DPT have a lot in common beyond the way they shred the ego during high dose experiences. 5-MeO-DMT, at least when vaporized, is of another order in comparison to every other psychedelic I know of. If you happen to be among those who react in a deeply meaningful way to it then it was worth seeking out. But you can't know whether or not that's you until you try it.

Damn - I was hoping I could cross 5-MeO-DMT off my list of PDs to try.. now you've just piqued my curiosity.

Would you say 5-MeO-DMT shares more in common with DPT than it does with other tryptamines, or is it a completely different space?

5-MeO-DMT is its own beast. Insofar as such comparisons can be made, more sets it apart from the rest of the pack than most any other that's had success on the market.

Perfect, yeah I have read the erowid bit about 25 then additional 25 depending, I think another issue I had with vaporizing was that I was sort of applying that, so instead of trying to take one big hit of a 40mg glob of the freebase, I was adding bit by bit. I'm going for a nice productive day today so I've decided to wait a bit before trying the DPT again (finally fixed my sleeping schedule and starting to have breakfast for the first time in years, yes!), but I'll definitely be giving it another go sometime soon, within the week hopefully! :)
Thanks for all your help :D