• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DPT Thread - Part 3: So bright this light...

Alright. I did 4 aco DMT IV and that was a ride. I think I will IV a small dose perhaps.....I noticed ppl have said it doesn't create much of a tolerance.....but if I took 600 micros of ethlad on Saturday afternoon, will it block the DPT until the tolerance clears? Or would IV DPT break right through the lysergamide tolserance build up?

The ETH-LAD will be giving you tolerance for a different, but overlapping, receptor profile (think venn diagrams for your receptor sites that get tickled by these drugs, there is a lot of overlap between the two, but it's not the same). You'll have a fair bit of tolerance, and you'd be best to wait.

What's a good starter dosage for DPT? I heard that DPT is very similar to DMT. Also is it best to snort it?

Yeah I think it's best to snort it, but make sure to snort it very lightly as its a very light powder usually. It doesn't feel great in the nostrils, but once you accept it in there, it's fine. I like to snort, and then lie down on my back and trip out with some music playing for a while, with a blanket to stay warm - the combo of being sedentary and tryptamine can give some chills without one!

A good starting dose for snorted might be about 20mg. The most I ever did was 60mg, but it wasn't pure. That was quite heavy for me.

A lot of people like to vapourize it though. I find it to finicky and gross to vapourize, plus you have to convert it to freebase. So I just find it best to stick to snorting it. Probably plugging it is a good ROA too.

I would recommend to make sure your tolerance is low before using it just to be sure you get full effect.

Alright. I'll wait a few more days. I actually did about 40-50 mgs of 4 aco DMT IM a couple weeks ago, 4 days after tripping on ETH lad and had a breakthrough experience (aztec "gods", pyramids, clowns/jesters..a grey alien wearing an Indian head dress who seemed to make me calm telepathically) I was really surprised at how far I went, I was laying in bed in total darkness with some music at the time.

You did a large dose no surprise.... I found my old 4:1 Forest rx caapi powder do I have something for maoi inhibition

Nice.....I can't wait for my tolerance too go down too try this dpt. I actually desperately needed a rather long distance ride the other day too pick up a girl, and I paid my friend for the ride with about 80-90 mgs of my stash. Knocking me down to be about 160-170 mgs for myself. I just don't want to waste it. I think IV is my only option as far as getting the maximum experience from it.....but I'd be willing to increase the dose and IM

Last edited:
Why do you want to go IM instead of IV? Just curious. It seems safer to go IM in some ways because of the slower release, but on the other hand IV would be safer in terms of infection risk (I think).

I doubt the infection risk would be as much and IM would definitely be a more gentle come up, but I think IV would be worth it to be stronger.

IM does in fact have a much stronger infection risk because it's putting foreign material into a muscle which can cause an abcess. Properly IVing something (ie, not missing) won't cause an abcess. That's why with IM, it's especially important to use sterile procedures/sterile water and a micron/wheel filter.

I would go IM mostly because I like to be able to lie down etc. And get prepared a bit. Though like taco dude said, it might be like 4 aco DMT, and not have so much of a rush, but a full on come up over 5 mins when IV'd. That's how it was for me too. I felt it immediately, and rather then a 30 second flash that went away, like say IV cocaine, it just continued to get stronger over 5-10 minutes. I guess maybe I will IV it. Just to avoid the infection risk.

So what do u guys think as far as IV goes? Didn't u say start with 10-20 mgs IV tacodude? Or more? I don't want to be underwhelmed is all. As long as I get a strong ++ or +++ that's cool with me, just to get a feel for it. Is it that different from other tryptamines? Or is just the way ppl approach the experience psychologically that colours the trip?

I think it would be a good idea to dose low to assess the strength before trying to go for a full trip.... It's hard to tell what will be breakthrough and what won't

Ahhh, the beautiful unpredictability of psychedelics!

Edit****- so like I said, I dropped 600 mics of ETH lad on Saturday at 11 am. It is not almost 10:30 PM here, Tuesday night. What do u guys think? Could I get away with a shot of dpt? Or will the tolerance still be too strong? Say I IV or IM it?

Last edited:
Really as long as its properly prepared the risk of infection is low IM. Without a micron filter the risk elevates greatly. Muscular tissue isn't as readily able to filter things as well as blood. If your material is highly pure the risk truly isn't that great. In HR spirit I couldn't tell you to do it without. Ill admit that there's probably been a couple of times i didn't have a micron filter out of the hundreds of times I've IM'd. None really come to mind as I like to go in prepared but in all likelihood its happened. Its all about weighing the risk and if your willing to take that risk. I've never had an infection from IM'ing but i know its fairly easy to tell when somethings wrong after doing it. Some people may be confused by a sore muscle guiding them to think somethings wrong but you'd know within a few days. I've never IV'd DPT but the doses would be similar to IM maybe knocking off a couple mgs for just cause. I can tell you however that as long as you adjust to tolerance sake you'll still trip hard. If your prepared to possibly have your ads handed to you just up the dose accordingly. If your not feeling it strongly enough you can always redose.

So I've decided too 100 percent give it a go late tomorrow night/early morning the next day (think 3 am). So that will be 5 days since my lysergic experience (a strong one, felt the absolute, the yin and yang, you all know of which I speak).

None the less. I believe 5 days will be enough for me to blast off again. I intend to bring my cousin along for the ride. He also joined me in an experiment of IV 4 aco DMT.

So I have weighed out 60 mgs of dpt Hcl I'm planning on administering via IM in a couple of hours. My last trip was 5 days ago. I hope it's not too much. I guess I can start with half and redose. I have just under 200 mgs or so

So, I see why it's called the light....it was everything....and felt, I dunno, holy? Eternal? It was something else to say the least.
unfortunately, I seem to be really weird. I went through most of my material with IM injections. After 100 mgs IM and very little perceived effects after 2 hours, I proceeded to IV about 25 mgs, which for me was quite intense

I wonder it was something going wrong with the IM dose. Clean DPT doses aren't really that high especially when dosed via IM, IV, or smoked. It does have a very majestic feel to it. Its one my most revered psychedelics for that reason.

OntarioGuy seems to be a massive hardhead, and I think he mentioned he's on some kind of prescription opiate, which surely attenuates psychedelic effects.

Yes'm I'm on methadone, and I've always been a bit of hardhead with psychedelics....I honestly have never taken less then 5 grams of mushrooms