• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOM Thread

nuke said:
And babyduck, cause it tastes like grape soda and gets you fuckn' smashed!

What are we talking about?
1756.gif

No, I would refuse to do a show that included alcohol.

morninggloryseed said:
It gets old fast. Wait until you have a good half-dozen teens a week emailing you saying how your reports have changed their lives, and influenced them to seek obscure drugs to take them...because you wrote a report and they want to emulate it. It then becomes somewhat creepy.

And all this time I thought you liked reading my letters! =D

After reading this thread I'm thinking I might pass on DOM after all. I am a little curious, admittedly. But I really don't like subjecting my body to 12 or 20 hours of stimulation and/or tension.

I am even shying away from LSD these days mostly because of this reason. When mushrooms and Psilacetin treat me so much better, and seem to have more depth left for me to explore, why bother?

I know you were joking, but I never put you into that bracket. I've actually 'met' a number of wonderful people this way, including my girlfriend. Nevertheless, it is creepy when a 17 y/o stranger knows intimate details about your life. Granted I published these details in my reports, but I never expected anyone to sit around and 'study' them to the point of knowing my about my own exploits than I do. Anyway, enough about me. Back to a,4-dimethyl-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine.

Casting, casting, it's all in the casting.

As the fearless, macho, and bombastic psychoti-naut: Arnold "The Republican" Schwarzenegger as F&B.

As the calm, collected, introspective voice of reason in the face of hallucinatory chaos during forays to the Center of the Mind: Matt "Don't Worry, I'm Pretty Sure it's 2C-I and Not DOI" Damon as MGS.

As the stud who alone can make the DO-x series sexy to 14 y.o. teenage girls: Antonio "Dom Juan" Banderas as Xorkoth.

"THE PSYCHONAUTS." Premiering Fall 2007. The mind salivates.

Jamshyd said:
p.s. Did you find that DOM made you feel particularly kinky? =D (those who read the first half of PiHKAL know what I'm refering to ;))[/color]

DOM is actually one of the best aphrodisiacs in my view :)

For me, it went (estimations):

First alerts - T+1:00

Peak begins - T+3:00

Peak peaks - ?? (too psychological at this point to know what's really happening, at least on 13mg)

Peak ends - T+8:00

I find the plateau to be very long but more comfortable than DOC's plateau. But less comfortable than AMT's.

I actually used my last dose, about 10mg, last weekend (third experience). I had underestimated my reduction in tolerance though and it was so strong I was nearly unable to function in any way. I also was extremely stimulated, not in heartrate fortunately, but with this crawling energy that would not let me sit still. It was quite physically uncomfortable and confusing as well, although nothing that I couldn't make do with and handle. Sexual activity was the only thing that made me feel better. Morning came (T+8) and it calmed down, I had some kratom, and the entire day was spent in euphoria and energy, a really great day in which I watched the arts channel and saw some amazing videos/performances (including a cartoon of a kid eating mushrooms to some song from A Midsummer Night's Dream). Later in the day I went to Greek Fest at my town, which was also great and my appetite was unaffected. In fact, I overstuffed myself to such an extent that I felt drunk and passed out uncontrollably later on.

So again, I found the plateau to be more comfortable than DOC's, but the actual peak state was very difficult to deal with. Large portions of time are missing, lost in a swirl of blue and red fractal patterns. I listened to a CD I'd never heard before and I'm hoping that listening to it again will bring enough back to warrant an actual trip report.

Next time I would take 5-6mg without tolerance buildup. I hope I can find another dose or so... I really want to have a proper experience with this.

Sounds mighty incredible. I'll admit that I have a lingering curiosity about the DOx compounds... But its no matter since they're not available anymore anyway.

DOM, Ayahuasca, DXM, AMT, and 2C-T-7 were the first things that I was ever interested in doing... way back in 2000 when I stumbled on sites like Erowid... I'd never even done a drug...

Unfortunately, even now, I've only gotten to do two of those substances (AMT and DXM) and outside of the huasca, its not looking good for being able to do any of the others.

Maybe its for the best. Substances such as DOM are best left alone until they appear out of nowhere. Then and only then, is it time.

^^^^ Don't get discouraged, Ace. They're around and they always will be. A little calm and reasoned persistence will pay off.

As the fearless, macho, and bombastic psychoti-naut: Arnold "The Republican" Schwarzenegger as F&B.

I think some people might have a slightly off target idea of who I actually am - rather than 'I'll be back' Arnie, I somehow think Robin Williams in full manic mode would be a lot closer to the mark (awaits zophen's caustic comments! =D)

As for being someone's hero (in any area of life), I rather think you're setting you're sights a bit on the low side... =D

somehow think Robin Williams in full manic mode would be a lot closer to the mark

Always willing to oblige F & B =D

Caustic ? Moi? You must have mixed me up with someone else.;)

If you had a choice between DOC or DOM for your first DOx substance, which would you choose?

fastandbulbous said:
I think some people might have a slightly off target idea of who I actually am - rather than 'I'll be back' Arnie, I somehow think Robin Williams in full manic mode would be a lot closer to the mark (awaits zophen's caustic comments! =D)

As for being someone's hero (in any area of life), I rather think you're setting you're sights a bit on the low side... =D
F&B baby!!!

The bean-counters say the only way "The Psychonauts" will sell is if it's a Hollywood action movie.

Any talk about methyl groups or trip sitters and you can throw the teenage market share out the freakin' window...

I'm also interesting in how DOM compares to DOC. So far I've only have ~1.8mg of DOC and found it uncomfortably stimulating so I haven't yet gone further. According to PIHKAL the duration is listed as shorter with DOM, but I wonder about the stimulation?

All this talk of over stimulation makes me wonder if DOM would be good for a rave situation? If you ever feel to energized just jump into the crowd and jump about for a bit! :D'

I reckon I would need to get used to it in a controlled setting first, though.

AuraithX said:
All this talk of over stimulation makes me wonder if DOM would be good for a rave situation? If you ever feel to energized just jump into the crowd and jump about for a bit! :D'

I reckon I would need to get used to it in a controlled setting first, though.
thus far DOI has been the most stimulating to me and it doesnt matter how much you jump around, you'll still feel mentaly stimulated (cracked out).

How odes DOM compair to DOB? DOB has by far been the best out of DOC and DOI. It actualy is like a realy long more deeply psychedelic 2c-b.

If I were to dissolve 125mg DOM into 125ml Vodka ( 37.5% ) - How long would it last before it started to loose potency?

I bet a long time but thats only going on the fact that people had DOM gel tabs laying around for a LONG time back in the 60s. Its a PEA so its probably good to go for awhile...but better would be to make a stronger concentration (with a GOOD scale) and drop them on something to evap the liquid...or get a few glass dishes and drop the liquid on them and evap the liquid, scrape the powder up and capsule the powder for storage.