Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOM Thread

ungelesene_bettlek

Bluelighter
5Y6prie.gif

External Information Links:

DOX Safety Discussion Thread

5Y6prie.gif

Original post:

there is not much to find about the dosing DOM/STP. any suggestions?

Shulgin writes 3-10 mg.

But there are first time reports with much higher dosage. irresponsible?

Last edited by a moderator:
DOM is the infamous "STP" of the 60s that sent 100s of hippies who were VERY USED to LSD to the hospital in panic. This drug is so infamous because of overdosages so I think it is nothing short of absolute stupidity to approach this with a big head. Stick within the Shulgin dosages because this drug WILL last a LONG time and is notorious for causing panic and fear. That you would ask such a question leaves me to believe you have not read very much about its history.

I know the history, but i was hoping for first hand reports.

the doses sold in san francisco in 1967 were about 15 mg, btw., and many took several dosages because of the longer onset of DOM compared to LSD. so the reason for the fear among hippies were high overdoses.

The DOM Nick Sand pressed was originally 15-20mg and then in later series 10mg. He approached dosing them too much like LSD (one dose of his acid was usually around 200-300mcg, plenty enough to blow most people out of the water).

5mg should be plenty enough for a +3 in most people. Keep in mind the two carbon monologue (2c-d), most people dose within 20-60mg, but some people push it into three digits.

My experience with DOM (not much, only 4 or 5 times if you count my initial 1mg dose) is that 5mg is easily enough for ypu to find out everything that makes DOM different to the other DOx compounds. Above 10mg and you've got an amphetamine like rush to deal with on top of the onset of a serious psychedelic - def not good for first time with it (well 8mg had me very worried for a while with how fast everything was changing in my mind).

If amphetamine makes you nervous, it might be better to start with 3mg and take the other 2mg at about the 90 minute mark

you should always start low to see how it effects you.I would say 3mg would be a decent starting dose if you've had DO* compounds before, if not I'd start even lower.Plenty of time to work your way up.;)

2.5-3mg is the best start range..

better have a really good scale. ;)

I've heard anecdotal reports that 3 mg is sufficient to provide insights and a comfortable experience, and that 4-5 mg is the sweet spot. I've also heard that 10 mg is too fast and out of control. Then again, I've read reports of greater than 10 mg that were not overly intense.

For a first time, I think I'd start with a max of 5 mg and work your way up from there.

Indeed. I feel it is especially important to start low with the DOx series. If you mess up and take too much, damn, what a commitment you just made. If you way overdo it, you can be seriously out of it for a day and then need another day for recovery.

I'd rather have a first trip that didn't meet my expectations than have a day long trainwreck.

Be safe guys. Don't be a stat.

Then again, I've read reports of greater than 10 mg that were not overly intense.

I think that 10mg+ is the sort of thing best left to experienced tripper who don't have problemms with stimulant type effects. The 8mg dose was reminiscent of what combining amphetamine & LSD feels like - at times I felt like it took my breath away - I couldn'y get comfortable (mentally or physically) for a good 45mins although after getting over thatm DOM is easully the best DOx compound I've tried by a long way (although I have very high hopes for DOT/aleph-1 if I ever get to try it)

I've heard a variety of conflicting reports. Some say that the low range of 3-5mg is plenty. Some say that 10mg is a great strong dose. Still others have claimed that 15mg was disappointing.

Personally, I've tried a 7mg dose, which produced a powerful and ominous lucid psychedelic dream but while I was awake it wasn't particularly strong. Physically it was as easy as LSD except with less anxiety. But then, I had some phenethylamine tolerance, so that may not apply to you at all.

I plan to take 12-14mg my next time based on the strength of my last experience and my experience with DOC. Plus, I enjoy the amphetamine high a great deal and have tripped many, many times. But definitely, definitely start low. You do NOT want to be stuck in a DOX trip that's too strong for you to handle.

FYI, the overdoses in the sixties happened, as someone mentioned, primarily because the distributed doses were ~15mg, and people were only used to LSD. DOM comes on much slower than LSD, however, so these people redosed, sometimes more than once, thinking that one was not enough. I doubt a 15mg dose would cause any serious problems for anyone other than potentially mental issues from it being too intense. But I would not start anywhere near that high.

^^^^

I wouldn't assume that. I dunno, I just feel EXTRA caution is warrented with something that lasts this long. You can take too much 2C-B or miprocin...no big deal as you will be done before you know it. Not so with DOM, DOB, etc. I just really encourage everyone to start below 10mg.

Xor, you can definitely assume your regular tripping is part of the reason why 7mg wasn't overwhelming to you. Yes, there may be no real physical tolerance but there is 'mental' tolerance, as I know you already know. Those reading Xor's report, please consider that and do not assume that because 7mg was good for him, that 14mg will be right for you.

Personally, I am going to start at no more than 5mg. Probably 4mg since I wanted to start with 3mg, but then wanted 5mg. So 4mg seems a good compromise.

5-6mgs ought to be enough providing you are used to psychedelics , mind it can have a manic edge!Or perhaps that's just indicative of my character!

On testing with a number of doses, I found my ideal dosage to be 0. I found the body load to be very heavy on me. God forbid we find an analog of Desoxy with DOM-like activity!

morninggloryseed said:
^^^^

I wouldn't assume that. I dunno, I just feel EXTRA caution is warrented with something that lasts this long. You can take too much 2C-B or miprocin...no big deal as you will be done before you know it. Not so with DOM, DOB, etc. I just really encourage everyone to start below 10mg.

Xor, you can definitely assume your regular tripping is part of the reason why 7mg wasn't overwhelming to you. Yes, there may be no real physical tolerance but there is 'mental' tolerance, as I know you already know. Those reading Xor's report, please consider that and do not assume that because 7mg was good for him, that 14mg will be right for you.

Personally, I am going to start at no more than 5mg. Probably 4mg since I wanted to start with 3mg, but then wanted 5mg. So 4mg seems a good compromise.

Oh, I definitely agree with you... I didn't mean to imply recommending starting off large with this. By no means start out large. Having now had two experiences with DOM, the second at 13mg, I can definitely say that it has a very fast, manic, dark edge to it and can be pretty overwhelming. Its ability to alter your perception of what's real is just unparallelled. It was kind of a fine line between delusion and revelation for the majority of the experience. I'm starting to work on a report but it's difficult to start.

Excited preview though! I feel like I have some insight into this speedy, mentally manic state. I once intentionally overdosed on 2C-T-7 (at 70mg) and experienced quite a lot of that. ANd T7 is usually a very clear, easy material for me. *usually*

would xanax work to "abort mission" with DOx compounds, or the 2-Cx's for that matter, like it does with LSD? I've found that xanax really helps when the trip's ended and I want to sleep. It also helped me deal with the freakout of having my first out-of-body-space travel-being directed through space by aliens-experience (2 hits needlepoint lsd and 3 No2 charges in one balloon). Though a wonderful experience, I had that "I'm going crazy" thing going through my mind, and the trip took a stressful turn. Some xanax helped dissolve the anxiety and mellow the trip out. I got wonderful sleep and 8 hours later I woke up feeling better than I could ever remember, ready to start my last semester of college and kick ass.

Does anyone have any experience with using xanax to end the longevity of DOx compounds? I'd like to try it sometime, but if I didn't like it I wouldn't want to deal with it for such a long time....Pete Townsend said he HATED it(DOM). he did take it on a plane though haha

^^
The right amount of Xanax will not abort a trip, but it will make you care-free and probably able to sleep. Don't over-do it, Xanax works on top of anything, DOM is not exempt.

I'm going to start working on a report of this latest DOM dose, but the only problem is that I'm going to have to meditate and try to recreate my mental state a bit, because it was so powerful that it's hard to remember specifically what happened.