• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOM Thread

yes. and the whole ego-deeply-dissolved-in-the-universe state.

eth-lad and 4-aco-dpt have been the strongest in that regard, i could feel that a higher dose of san-pedro juice may have brought it out, and my first heavy acid trip years ago brought it out but for only short bursts. and a mystery DOx (tested as dob) helped my get more psychically in tune with my dog, but i think thats just something that can happen on any drug.

dom sounds pretty awesome, just wondering if its roll around in the ether with a significant other type material, or is it strictly an amble around, thinking a lot type material?

I probably should not judge DOM from my limited (one) but probably all psychedelics can meet both properties in different people. On the other hand...it varies from person to person. I didn't care for DOM but others are very fond. For me, psychotomimetic more approximated what 4 mg DOM did for me. Alas, I have only tried the one time...should I go back I'd probably opt for the active isomer form which may be a different animal.

I think DOM can be used very well with a significant other although I have yet to do so. I've experienced sheer awe while listening to music and watching my visuals (dragon spiraling into a supermassive galaxy, people descending from a massive fortress, being swallowed alive by a dragon beast thing like the green dragon thing in Full Metal Alchemist). But, I also read this lecture by Stephen Hawking called The Beginning of Time on this drug and it blew my mind. It's a psychedelic but even during the peak of a very intense experience I felt cognizant; psychedelic amphetamine is a good description. It feels functional and recreational!

I think 10 mg is the sweet spot for this drug, as with 12.5 it was more intense but it felt too stimulating.

In comparison to DOC, I like DOM more as DOC caused an unpleasant taste and smell of plastic to linger for the duration of the trip. It was a very strange and overbearing smell and taste. However, I had a spectacular time taking 7.7 mg of DOC and at the 8th hour, 960 mcg of LSD. It was incredible, but at the 24th hour I stopped tripping from the acid but tripped on the DOC for a total of 36 hours! By the end I had amphetamine psychosis like visuals with shadow people creeping in the corners of my vision. Nonetheless, it was one of my best psychedelic trips. High doses of DOx seem to be worthwhile once in a while, but they must be very taxing on your body.

^^^ just wow...assuming all things equal....you must be a SERIOUS hard head! 4mg of DOC was ibogaine-intense for me. 7.7mg plus all that LSD just seems....damn!

I took 7.7 mg because I had taken LSD just the day before so I assumed my psychedelic tolerance would play a big factor. It did not! I saw blue lightning shooting down my arms around hour 5; it was very pretty! I took the acid because I got a little bored. I even went to Burger King around hour 30 or so.
I gotta say, I'm on ~2500 mcg 25i-NBOH, 900 mg DXM, and lots of weed right now.

Last edited:
^^^ just wow...assuming all things equal....you must be a SERIOUS hard head! 4mg of DOC was ibogaine-intense for me. 7.7mg plus all that LSD just seems....damn!

Right? I feel like 7.7mg of DOC would be extremely uncomfortable. I took DOC 5 days in a row once back in the day when I was dosing psychedelics 3 or 4 times a week... the last day I took 6mg. Generally when I take DOC, 2mg is where I go to. 3mg if I want a strong trip.

Sounds like you like to take extreme doses though... which isn't my thing so much except every so often. If you're regularly taking such big doses you probably have an insane permatolerance.

not gonna lie, the whole "psychotomimetic" thing plus the word "manic" being tossed around wets my chops for this compound.

although im not a stim person (60mg vyvanse is a two-day hell for me), i do prefer stimmy-psychedelics for their literal mind-manifestations. i like to get super thinky... especially if the thoughts are novel, exciting, and pretty far out-there.

the more i read, the more it sounds like stp is the new subject of my ever-changing holy grail quest. oh well, perhaps someday.

royal blue has come up in my head a lot upon reading the TRs... is dark, deep blue a thing with DOM? or am i grabbing for minnows here?

I like DOC a lot more than DOM but both are good. They hit a similar thin but DOC does it a lot better, for me anyway. DOC is more euphoric, more stimulating, more psychedelic, and more enabling.

royal blue has come up in my head a lot upon reading the TRs... is dark, deep blue a thing with DOM? or am i grabbing for minnows here?

I'm not sure I can connect with that. For me, memory suggests a more washed out/faded blue with red specks. My summary from
MGS's STP report says...

Visually, it can't compare to 2C-T-7...mentally LSD has it beat, I was also sick to my stomach most of the day...it upset my belly in the typical PEA fashion but the insights, visuals, body feeling, etc never made it worthwhile. It really reminded me of 2C-E the most...in that it was SUPER intense but mostly neutral in emotion with a tendency to go to the negative/scary. 2C-E really felt like DOM condensed down to about 3/4 the length of time.

I'm sure there is a sharp dose/response curve so if I had taken 8mg as originally planned...I could very well have a different take. At the time I wrote the report, I obviously was reminded of 2ce...but all these years later I don't think it was very 2ce like at all. The experience was difficult to put into words and I was really just reaching for something to compare it to. It was probably more like 2cd visuals or could be apples to cucumbers.

I like DOC a lot more than DOM but both are good. They hit a similar thin but DOC does it a lot better, for me anyway. DOC is more euphoric, more stimulating, more psychedelic, and more enabling.

Interesting... That was not my experience. I've had DOC at 1mg, 1.5mg (with LSD) and 2mg and it was very comfortable for me...where as 4mg of DOM was intensely stimulating in a not comfortable way. Low dose DOC levels out after 12 hr into an adderall-like feeling... i did not experience that with DOM. Maybe I'll try again Allah willing.

Last edited:
This is hard for me to type out but I feel it necessary
About 7 years ago, whilst at university, I and a friend took a dose of what we were lead to believe was LSD.
The events that followed were intense to a high degree, but never seemed to me to fit the common descriptions of LSD, as I will propound.
Residual effects and meditation have lead me back to researching chemicals sold as LSD and the best fit seems to be DOM.
Hence why I am here.

It was my first time taking """LSD""", and my friend convinced me that we should go for a decent dose - so that we would definately feel it.
Well... I definately felt it.
A brief background, I was experienced in taking a pharmacopia of drugs but inexperienced with hallucinogens, having tried Mushrooms, salvia and maybe others, as well as 'the usual suspects' of party drugs.
I had also had intense revelatory experiences and believe[d] myself to be somewhat enlightened - outside of artificial influence.
Now to the experience.

We took 3 tabs each, of unknown dosage, in my friends flat
After sitting around and doing very little for about 2 hours, I began to feel uncomfortable.
Unable to assuage the feeling, I felt like returning to my flat - in the same building. I remember leaving the room and feeling strange, the elevator ride was definately different to normal, and the carpets were intriguing both in colour and texture.
At my flat, I had a sense of unspent energy, that I should be doing something, moreover I should be providing entertainment for my friend who was mostly silent.
I eventually started playing Halo, whilst he watched, at this point I was having some visual hallucinations, blurring and skipping of the eyes.

[Those of a sensitive disposition, or who don't want to read about bad trips look away now]

Within the game, I became distressed that people were killing me and relishing it, why would they want to kill me?
Furthermore, I was losing the ability to control my character, and kept walking off a tower, then respawning at the top of the tower, just to see my virtual body fall and crumple in a heap, whilst a war raged around me. [don't play violent video games on a mega-trip].
Then the question rose in my mind, Why do I keep falling off the tower / why do I keep killing myself?
We laughed about it, I somewhat more nervously than him, and our conversation was very fractured, becoming increasingly incoherent.
At around this point, the feelings of social anxiety, physical uncomfortableness took over. I wasn't having such a groovy time.
I said to my friend that I think it would be best if he left. I felt I needed to be in my own headspace. This was somewhat misguided.
I was now alone and still the sensations were heightening, I remember looking around my room, seeing an empty crisp packet on the floor and it revealing some deep anguish with my 'state of affairs', living in a percieved squalor.
I also remember a great sense of fear at looking in the mirror, at what I might see, I can't recall what I did see, but I later remember seeing no 'me' in the reflection at all (I presume visual hallucination pertaining to ego death)
Some hours into this anguished state of pacing around my room, feeling as if my body/soul were jumping out of my skin, unable to settle at all and slipping in and out of perception and darkness, I decidedto take a shower.
It didn't really help, although it distracted my body somewhat.
Within the shower cubicle, sat on the floor, the previous experience from the video game came to haunt me. I was having dark imagery, dark thoughts, and in particular a conviction that I was having a bad trip.
I was worried that, due to my bad trip, I would somehow, "slip" from my consciousness, whilst still aware, and "accidently" climb up to the top floor of my tower block, "accidently" find the trapdoor in the roof, climb out and fall off.
The harder I tried to escape this paranoia, the tighter it gripped until it was a strong visualisation, the route from my flat, up the stairs and so on. I was in control of myself, but felt like that control was a mere wisp from slipping away from me, somewhat like my mind had engendered a self-fulfilling prophecy.
It was no fun. I remained in my room (thank goodness), and turned on a Religious themed Drum and Bass album, lots of choirs, screeching basslines and quotes from the requiem mass. At this point my grasp of reality had gone far West and I could do little but sit on my deskchair twitching, agitated beyond description mentally, trying to both battle and ignore the overwhelming sense I was going to run up to the roof and ...
I listened to the album a few times through, smoked a number of joints - which barely hit the sides, I could hardly feel the inhale or effects, but it was something to do, I was quite amazed I could still roll in my state.
At this point I had been awake for about 24+something hours, I can't quantify, but I was extremely sleep-deprived and had headaches, muscle aches and so on. I knew I had to sleep, that I could be able to wake up the next day and be better, I think I'd passed the peak.
It took many hours of clutching my head, curled in bed, alone, dark and afraid, focussing on meditation towards sleep - something that doesn't happen if you try too hard. It was here that I had the most intense auditory halluciations.
A hangover from the intense music, every single noise, or percieved noise, rattled off into a filigree of vibrations, stretching to infinity. As it was becoming daytime, streetnoises were present and each was its own chaotic disharmonic symphony, with religious undertones.
I eventually managed to get to sleep, starving but not hungry.
My only memory of the next day was sitting on the kitchen counter, barely able to speak to my housemates, barely dressed.

Now I come to the real reason for posting here.
I never had vertigo or mental issues before. I'd had depression but very generalised (mainly due to society & school).
Since this trip, I have gained an intense sense of vertigo when I go near high edges, and on planes. I've gained a great fear that I might throw myself off high places, especially when sleep deprived it manifests a lot more strongly. I needn't be close to an edge for my mind to wander back to the paranoia that I might unconsciously seek out the high place/edge, and my instinct to quell the thought again reinforces it.
It has been 7 years, and that side effect has only weakend slightly. I have gained coping mechanisms, mainly avoiding high places, and meditation strategies.
However, I took truffles (the 'legal' derivative of psylocibin mushrooms vended in Amsterdam), and aside from the fractal geometry and one-ness, had the same feeling, the same vertiginous side effects.
This has sworn me off hallucinogens for good, for fear of reactivating the effect, I feel I'm slowly getting better without them, and really strongly do not wish to take any strong trip again.

I feel that, having read through the reams of experience accounts and information, that what we took was DOM.
This was due to the lack of strong visual hallucinations, beyond blurs and jitters (I'm lead to believe that LSD has fractal tie-dye effects), as well as the death imagery, the physical symptoms and so on.
It's possible I took something else in the DOx family, but it definately wasn't LSD.

The reason I posted here was because I see a lot of people saying things along the lines of
>"Such an intense account really makes me want to try it"
I would seriously advise against it, unless you are a seasoned mind traveller and have accurate means of dosing.
I have been left with permanent side effects in the category of vertigo as well as an inability to take hallucinogens. Furthermore, nothing was 'revealed' to me that I had not already come by through meditation and reading etc.

Thanks for reading, I hope I haven't spooked anybody, remember, you'll eventually wake up and be alright! Make sure to let others know around you what you're up to. And for the love of all that is good, don't play violent video games whilst taking high doses of unknown hallucinogens!

Maximum love to all :)

Just want to say hi, long time no see MGS :)

Also that DOM, is indeed powerful, beautiful and fascinating.

Very much miss the elegance and grace of 2C-T-7...

I read through this B&D and it was nice :)

First off, the amount of people taking like 30mg of 2C-E and more is quite disturbing.
I always thought that you should go quite high with DOM, but it appears that 5mg can already be very strong, it made me reevaluate my plans for a first dose.
I really wonder how it is, I read what people say but I'll only know once I try it. I say this because DOB to me was more than just experiencing effects, there was a purpose and higher level to it. That's what I hope to find in DOM, I really hope I do but reports are so conflicting that I can't be sure.

People seem to react widely to DOM. I have not managed to get anything too special or profound at up to 10mg, but when I took 10mg I had a lot of tolerance. More recently, I took it at 5mg, and 7.5mg another tim,e and both were pleasant but nothing of the magic of DOC or DOPr. It felt insubstantial in a way, like it never fully materialized, which makes me think I just need more. But I have also read of people tripping solidly at 2.5mg, and having strong trips at 5mg.

Apparently you took 13mg though =D but I see what you're saying.
The varied effects are bizarre, it's not only dosage, it's also the 'quality' of effects. There are some people that say it's such a special drug, and it was in Shulgin's magic half dozen of course, that gives me hope. It's also not that people that don't like DOM as much don't like DOx in general, all very confusing to me. It'll get cleared up once I try it most likely :)

Oh yeah shit I forgot. Well I had some insane tolerance then from tripping 3+ times a week for a long period of time.

Hi trippers, is Xanax ok to use as a trip cancel or as sleep aid for a DOM trip? I've never done benzos before, what doses are safe? Seems like it's a good idea to get a plan b for a DOM trip.

Yes, definitely. Benzos like xanax are the ideal way to come down at the end. However they don't just straight up cancel a trip. Taking xanax will reduce the intensity of a trip and is good at pulling you out of an anxiety loop but you'll still be tripping. The best use of it is to kill the residual stimulation and fall asleep at the end of the trip, when you're done with the main trip but you're still unable to sleep and feeling residual effects.

If you've never taken a benzo before, 1mg of xanax would be a good place to start. But xanax is quite safe (you won't overdose), so if it's not enough, taking another 1mg isn't going ti hurt you. But best to start with the minimum amount that will work.