• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOM Thread

Don't quote me on this, but I think the DOx chems produce a huge tolerance for many others that hit the 5ht2a receptors.

I think about a week, more or less a day or two, should be good. Of course, though it doesn't seem to be that popular here, smoking some herb should help for those off days and also for increasing the strength of the trips. They're nice boosters imo. :)

TBH I never noticed that. I once tripped on DOM 3 days in a row with absolutely no noticeable decline in effects. Same goes for 2C-E... I get bored of taking it before I develop a tolerance.
For me, LSD seems to the the worst one for tolerance - I need about a week in between trips if I want to get the most out of it.

Heh, well that's why I said to not quote me on it. I've only tried one particular DOx, but that bit of info was from me asking Xorkoth. However, I might have good memory but I don't have photographic memory in the slightest, so I think that's what he said. I definitely remember the part where he said that usually 3 days is what it takes for tolerance to go down all the way. So to play it safe for others, I just recommended about a week since I haven't tried taking it that often either (sadly I don't have enough material for that).

The huge tolerance bit at the 5ht2a receptor, idk who posted that one but that was also from passing memory. And honestly, I'm too lazy/tired to check that right now.

DOM is only an amphetamine structurally. It doesn't behave anything like an amphetamine in the body... in terms of pharmacology it's a straight-up, classical 5HT psychedelic. LSD feels way more 'speedy' than DOM.

Could you link me to a paper that shows DOM does not behave at all like an amphetamine in vivo? It just seems counterintuitive that it wouldn't in addition to all the anecdotal reports on here seeming to paint the picture that it has many subjective similarities to non-psychedelic amphetamines. A good amphetamine buzz fills me with a sense of contentment and gives me a clear head. If I'm speeding I took too much, at least that's how I feel.

Could you link me to a paper that shows DOM does not behave at all like an amphetamine in vivo? It just seems counterintuitive that it wouldn't in addition to all the anecdotal reports on here seeming to paint the picture that it has many subjective similarities to non-psychedelic amphetamines. A good amphetamine buzz fills me with a sense of contentment and gives me a clear head. If I'm speeding I took too much, at least that's how I feel.
I just found one while I was looking for the binding profile of DOC:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24142203

Hi,

Ive got 50 5mg DOM tabs. I have experience with LSD,Mescaline,2c-b,2c-e,DMT,NBome25i/c but mainly LSD. I got them for a great price so grabbed a load after reading about how good it is. I have tried DOB once but only at 750mg (half a 1.5mg tab) and it gave me pretty bad stomach cramp so I never bothered taking anymore only got a couple of hits anyway. Is DOM likely to have the same effect? Its likely ill try a quarter tab 1.25mg first anyway just to ensure no adverse reaction. Then ill probably give a half a tab a go 2.5mg. This sound like a good plan? Ive always been weary of the DOx family purely because the stimulating effect always worries me, Even though ive took 25i/c mixed blotters at 1200ug about 20 times with no negative effects. Im probably just been far too cautious but I can afford to be with many tabs. I normally take LSD at around 225ug (confirmed with sending a tab of for testing to EC .150ug hits)

Thanks

I wouldn't expect stomach cramps to be a side-effect that is typical for DOX compounds on your body. The come-up of DOB and DOC were not 100% comfortable for me, but nothing that bad really.
750 µg of DOB is a low dose, probably not enough to really know what it is like.

Starting low like you are planning is smart, just stick to that. If it still does happen to be so that your stomach is sensitive to DOX you will find out that way. You might be able to avoid it with the use of ondansetron, but since I don't hear you complaining about those other psychedelics you mention, it just really sounds like an idiosyncratic reaction.

Not sure what exactly worries you about the stimulation, just stay hydrated and manage your food intake, rest, and energy well by planning your trip properly. Good luck!

I have DOM but unfortunately I don't expect to have opportunities to trip on just about anything for a while. :(

I wouldn't expect stomach cramps to be a side-effect that is typical for DOX compounds on your body. The come-up of DOB and DOC were not 100% comfortable for me, but nothing that bad really.
750 µg of DOB is a low dose, probably not enough to really know what it is like.

Starting low like you are planning is smart, just stick to that. If it still does happen to be so that your stomach is sensitive to DOX you will find out that way. You might be able to avoid it with the use of ondansetron, but since I don't hear you complaining about those other psychedelics you mention, it just really sounds like an idiosyncratic reaction.

Not sure what exactly worries you about the stimulation, just stay hydrated and manage your food intake, rest, and energy well by planning your trip properly. Good luck!

I have DOM but unfortunately I don't expect to have opportunities to trip on just about anything for a while. :(

Hi,

Yes I know 750 µg is a low low dose, it was my tester dose to ensure no adverse reaction. It gave me about 8-9 hours if mild stimulation and boadline visuals Id guess I would need 1mg to actually get any visuals. It was the fact I got pretty bad stomach cramps that stopped me taking anymore. Ive always been weary of stimulants for some reason, I just envision a rapid heartbeat for hours. Im sure this isnt the case, Ive used MDMA 30+ times and never really noticed an increase in heart rate but then again its not really a typical stim. Would it increase heartrate moreso than MDMA do you think?

Thanks

Hello everyone
I got my hands on one 5mg tab of DOM. I've tried LSD twice, Mandy 10+ times, 4 aco 3 times. I've read too much on DOM and I'm nervous to give it a try. I was thinking of doing just half the tab to start off with since I'm very unsure. What do you guys recommend? Thanks!

2.5mg of DOM is a very low dose, I wouldn't expect anything too intense from 5mg even (but it should be a nice introductory trip). I think it you only take half you'll be disappointed. If you had more I'd say give the lower dose a try because it certainly couldn't hurt, but if you only have the one tab I'd take the whole thing.

DOM is quite forgiving in my experience, it has virtually no bodyload. it does last a long time but I think the intensity of it was a bit overstated simply because when it came out first in the 60s as "STP", the tabs were dosed at 20mg, which is insane, and people were taking more than one in many cases, so were just taking way too much.

I found 5mg to be very pleasant, and not overwhelming at all. Although there was the classic point in the trip where I was like, okay, this is it, I'm going to be tripping forever. But that thought rolls around in my mind almost every time I take a DOx x) ~

I am going to try DOM tomorrow by first time, on a party on the beach. I plan to try 3,75mg, planning to combine it with a tryptamine like 4-AcO-DMT to potentiate psychedelic effects.

Is there any experience combining it with a tryptamine?

From the dosage I plan to take, I am not expecting a very intense experience (no more than 16 hours I guess?). I think it could be definitively interesting to build a table describing the dose/duration curve for DOM, since it seems like duration of the experience is greatly affected by the dosage, like happens with the rest of psychedelic amphetamines..

Personally I wouldn't do a combo the first time you try it! You want to get a taste for its unique flavor before mixing and matching!

Personally I wouldn't do a combo the first time you try it! You want to get a taste for its unique flavor before mixing and matching!

I plan to do it after the peak of the DOM, probably after 6-7 hours of taking it, since I guess it's not going to be an experience so intense at all. I was also thinking just sticking to the DOM and increase the dose, but I am not sure about how I am going to feel in regards with the body load. Also, I don't want to redose to prevent a very prolonged experience.

My idea is to use DOM as a gateway for the other tryptamine, keeping a low dose to see how I personally react to it. Some people reports DOM as sometimes being psychedelically 'neutral', I remember MGS reported negatively about it (about the stimulation), that's why I would like to start low (as well because it's my first time with DOM). He was comparing it to 2C-E but with an extended duration and negative psychotomimetic effects. I personally enjoy 2C-E and don't notice the body load, but I know plenty of users that feel exactly the opposite.

I remember some anecdotical reports of combination of DOx with other tryptamines, but I am not able to find them now. I thought about a small dosage of 4-AcO-DMT afterwards because its potency and lack of negative effects on me, together with the positive/serene-like feeling it generally provides. I am limiting the scope to tryptamines because phenethylamines could also potentiate the stimulation side of DOM.

Combinations should be always taken very seriously, since not always end up in a good experience. Sometimes can be even, fatal. It's not this case but, my question is more related to how the psychedelic "headspace" is going to be. I already know from others that DOM can be dark/weird by itself, but in low dosages it should not be that much I guess.

If anybody had any experience combining DOM (or other compound from the DOx family) with other non-stimulant psychedelic, please post your comments.

I find DOC to be a pretty good "gateway" for tryptamines. Last weekend I had one of the most wonderful trips I've ever had when I had taken 2mg of DOC earlier in the day (like 7 hours prior) and then I had 30mg of 4-HO-MiPT on top of it... they really combined nicely. The tryptamine was more grounded and the trip was very focused on my life, as is always the case with DOC. But it had that wonderful flowing tryptamine character too. If you're well post-peak and you really feel it, I'd say it would be okay, could be great. But definitely get post-peak first so you get to experience DOM on its own.

This whole page has pretty much been dirtied up talking about DOC and completely baseless comparisons of DOx to NBOMe. It's the DOM thread dude, take this crap somewhere else.

Indeed, perhaps it's best this be taken to its own discussion thread. I'll grab the posts from here about it and put it in its own thread.

EDIT: It's done. Please continue this discussion in this thread.

Last edited:
Hello everyone
I got my hands on one 5mg tab of DOM. I've tried LSD twice, Mandy 10+ times, 4 aco 3 times. I've read too much on DOM and I'm nervous to give it a try. I was thinking of doing just half the tab to start off with since I'm very unsure. What do you guys recommend? Thanks!
As long as you know your shit, DOM is nothing to worry about. The OD threshold isn't that low... nothing like NBOMe anyway.
Just realize that it takes a long time to kick in (over 90 minutes). It got a bad rep back in the 60s because people would think they hadn't taken enough and redose way too soon.

I used to take 5-10mg at a time (I had a bunch of 5mg blotters). If I could sum up DOM in one phrase it would be "2C-E lite"... it's very similar to 2C-E but watered down. More clear-headed, less euphoric, less 'flooring' and NO body load. Visually it's nice but I never got synesthesia off it like I do with more 'heavy duty' psychs (2C-E, LSD, shrooms/4-AcO-DMT).