• The database table for Search and "New Messages" functionality is currently being rebuilt. Until it is completed, you may see empty or incomplete results for these.
  • Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest Posting RulesBluelight Rules
  • PD Moderators: Cream Gravy? | Transform | Vastness | Xorkoth
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DOM Thread

Leprechaun

Bluelighter
Just want to say hi, long time no see MGS :)

Also that DOM, is indeed powerful, beautiful and fascinating.

Very much miss the elegance and grace of 2C-T-7...

Buzz Lightbeer

Bluelighter
I read through this B&D and it was nice :)

First off, the amount of people taking like 30mg of 2C-E and more is quite disturbing.
I always thought that you should go quite high with DOM, but it appears that 5mg can already be very strong, it made me reevaluate my plans for a first dose.
I really wonder how it is, I read what people say but I'll only know once I try it. I say this because DOB to me was more than just experiencing effects, there was a purpose and higher level to it. That's what I hope to find in DOM, I really hope I do but reports are so conflicting that I can't be sure.

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
People seem to react widely to DOM. I have not managed to get anything too special or profound at up to 10mg, but when I took 10mg I had a lot of tolerance. More recently, I took it at 5mg, and 7.5mg another tim,e and both were pleasant but nothing of the magic of DOC or DOPr. It felt insubstantial in a way, like it never fully materialized, which makes me think I just need more. But I have also read of people tripping solidly at 2.5mg, and having strong trips at 5mg.

Buzz Lightbeer

Bluelighter
Apparently you took 13mg though =D but I see what you're saying.
The varied effects are bizarre, it's not only dosage, it's also the 'quality' of effects. There are some people that say it's such a special drug, and it was in Shulgin's magic half dozen of course, that gives me hope. It's also not that people that don't like DOM as much don't like DOx in general, all very confusing to me. It'll get cleared up once I try it most likely :)

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
Oh yeah shit I forgot. Well I had some insane tolerance then from tripping 3+ times a week for a long period of time.

ItsAFunThing

Bluelighter
Hi trippers, is Xanax ok to use as a trip cancel or as sleep aid for a DOM trip? I've never done benzos before, what doses are safe? Seems like it's a good idea to get a plan b for a DOM trip.

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
Yes, definitely. Benzos like xanax are the ideal way to come down at the end. However they don't just straight up cancel a trip. Taking xanax will reduce the intensity of a trip and is good at pulling you out of an anxiety loop but you'll still be tripping. The best use of it is to kill the residual stimulation and fall asleep at the end of the trip, when you're done with the main trip but you're still unable to sleep and feeling residual effects.

If you've never taken a benzo before, 1mg of xanax would be a good place to start. But xanax is quite safe (you won't overdose), so if it's not enough, taking another 1mg isn't going ti hurt you. But best to start with the minimum amount that will work.

ItsAFunThing

Bluelighter
Yes, definitely. Benzos like xanax are the ideal way to come down at the end. However they don't just straight up cancel a trip. Taking xanax will reduce the intensity of a trip and is good at pulling you out of an anxiety loop but you'll still be tripping. The best use of it is to kill the residual stimulation and fall asleep at the end of the trip, when you're done with the main trip but you're still unable to sleep and feeling residual effects.

If you've never taken a benzo before, 1mg of xanax would be a good place to start. But xanax is quite safe (you won't overdose), so if it's not enough, taking another 1mg isn't going ti hurt you. But best to start with the minimum amount that will work.
So the expected result of taking a xanax during a dom trip would be sedation and calming of mind, right? Still going to get the usual visual and mental stuff but going to be more relaxed about the whole ordeal and take it without anxiety.

I'm planning to get several 6 mg blotters and start with a half. Having read this thread I believe 3 mg should provide some minor psychedelia and stimulation for the whole day but without any overwhelming effects, so I'm hopeful Xanax will remain unused at least until I take a full blotter.

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
Xanax will reduce the visuals and the mental trip, with how much depending on how much you take. it will also make you feel calmer and less anxious, so if you're in the middle of the trip and you have an anxiety attack you can't get through, it might be worth taking some even though it will also make the trip less "special" and profound. But if possible you should avoid taking it at all during the trip, instead saving it for the very end when you want to come down and sleep. very long-duration psychedelics like DOM really benefit from a benzo at the very end because the lingering tail end can last so long, and being unable to sleep after that long duration trip can really suck.

d-DEX-25

Bluelighter

Interesting because I believe more people would agree taking esp a short acting benzodiazepine nearly completely breaks a trip into just at most a left over glowing state?

This is obviously subjective which is the reason I carry IM solution of haldol for non responders to benzos cause I have seen first hand even 6mg not stop a trip???

If I take just 0.5mg of either alprazolam or lorazepam my trip vanishes fast!!! I am very thankful I have such an easy option... Prevents bad trips just knowing I have an anti-trip on hand!!!

psy997

Bluelighter
Interesting because I believe more people would agree taking esp a short acting benzodiazepine nearly completely breaks a trip into just at most a left over glowing state?

This is obviously subjective which is the reason I carry IM solution of haldol for non responders to benzos cause I have seen first hand even 6mg not stop a trip???

If I take just 0.5mg of either alprazolam or lorazepam my trip vanishes fast!!! I am very thankful I have such an easy option... Prevents bad trips just knowing I have an anti-trip on hand!!!

Lots of people say benzos kill trips, but most people I know, and most long term posters of BL, as well, will agree that it doesn't usually kill a trip, but only slightly mutes the psychedelia and mostly mutes the anxiety and overthinking.

I've actually been in a group of friends when one had a psychotic break due to NBOMe + a confluence of unnerving and highly uncomfortable factors, and using etizolam in some ways made the experience worse as it disinhibited a then broken mind.