• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DOC Thread - Third opinion

Xorkoth have you tried the separate isomers of DOC ?

surely the r isomer will have less of a stimulant push to it.

Not to my knowledge. I am unaware of any isolated positional isomers of any DOXs ever being offered to the masses. I know Shulgin did some experimenting.

Is it really that easy to isolate the R isomer? If so, I may do some experiments that way with DOC and a couple of others that I have plenty of. I've never heard of that technique before.

yep was first used in the groups for making p2p meth into dextro.

real pain in the arse as you always had some L in the mix but the precipitated L though was devoid of any stimulation.

we could tell the purity of the D after extraction just by how hard or easy it was to form large crystals.

I think this is why the journals use the unnatural isomer of tartaric acid as it will precipitate the dextro rather than the levo isomer making for

a much easier separation and a purer product.

with psychedelics though we want the reverse ie the L or R.

so natural tartaric is what we want.

the vespiary is doing quite a bit of work on chiral separation so my advice would be to pop over there and do a bit of snooping.

if your handy in building things a polarimeter is not hard to make and will tell you what your optical rotation is :)

I think we should be pushing the manufactures to only give out pure isomers for the DOX family.

really they are only being greedy giving us a racemate.

3mg was extremely underhelming. 9mg is probably doable but i'd opt for 6mg since the duration is extremely long. And if it would be to intense the next 16 hours would be pretty harsh.

Best option would be getting powder and dosing nasally so you can titrate up the intensity. But I don't think there are vendors left selling powder nowdays.

3mg was extremely underhelming. 9mg is probably doable but i'd opt for 6mg since the duration is extremely long. And if it would be to intense the next 16 hours would be pretty harsh.

Best option would be getting powder and dosing nasally so you can titrate up the intensity. But I don't think there are vendors left selling powder nowdays.
Yeah but do mention your heavy tolerance when you say this, 200mg DPT hardly touched you soooo... ;)

But 6mg is indeed the very max, the thing with DOC is that it's pretty excellent at all doses (gone up to 5mg myself), just gotta adjust location and activities

Yeah but do mention your heavy tolerance when you say this, 200mg DPT hardly touched you soooo... ;)
I never mentioned 200mg DPT hardly touched me. :p 140mg initial dose gave me a ++++. And I never trip with tolerance, it's just natural tolerance I guess.

I did 3mg DOC at a indoor festival. Come-up was extremely long and felt quite funky/sketchy. At 3,5 hour mark I was so underwhelmed that I dropped 150mg 6-APB which made it somewhat fun. But tbh I see no reason in doing it again, if the duration wasn't that long i'd try it again. Or nasally like I mentioned.

But that being said, even for someone without such a high natural tolerance as me i'd still think 3mg would be very low. Comparable to 15mg of a 4-XX-XXX tryptamine or 15mg 2C-B +/-.

Well you must really have a natural high tolerance then, because 3mg for me is very strong (and I've been tripping for 20 years and have done about everything under the sun, including DOC many times). In fact I rarely even take that much anymore. Anyone I have ever given it to asks me for 2mg generally. Most recently my bass player in my band took 2mg, he said maybe next time he'd do 3mg but he's not sure. I would never recommend anyone to start over 3mg, it is not typical for that dose to not range between ++ and +++.

Are you using blotters? It is entirely possible your blotters are just not dosed right, if so.

But that being said, even for someone without such a high natural tolerance as me i'd still think 3mg would be very low. Comparable to 15mg of a 4-XX-XXX tryptamine or 15mg 2C-B +/-.

That's exactly the point. 3mg is not very low for people without natural tolerances, which is what everyone is saying. To be more explicit than Buzz Lightbeer was, when making statements such as "3mg was extremely underwhelming" or "even for... 3mg would be very low." please make sure to preface or follow your statement with an acknowledgement that your experiences do not line up with most peoples, and for any readers to use caution. Bluelight is primarily for harm reduction purposes, and the chances of undereducated, young, naive, arrogant - or some combination of all - users reading posts such as yours and then deciding to initially try DOC at 6mg or similar doses, because you said 3mg was underwhelming, is not small.

That's exactly the point. 3mg is not very low for people without natural tolerances, which is what everyone is saying. To be more explicit than Buzz Lightbeer was, when making statements such as "3mg was extremely underwhelming" or "even for... 3mg would be very low." please make sure to preface or follow your statement with an acknowledgement that your experiences do not line up with most peoples, and for any readers to use caution. Bluelight is primarily for harm reduction purposes, and the chances of undereducated, young, naive, arrogant - or some combination of all - users reading posts such as yours and then deciding to initially try DOC at 6mg or similar doses, because you said 3mg was underwhelming, is not small.
I do understand your point. But he has probably read enough about DOC to know what to expect. If he even debated on trying out 9mg's he would probably more than easily be able to handle 3mg - hence I suggested him 6mg.

If he has experience he will be able to handle. But if he's unsure he could opt for a more in between dosage of let's say 4.5mg. Although i've always been kinda sketchy on the fact that breaking such small pellets with little active ingredient in them will never be accurate due to hotspots.
Well you must really have a natural high tolerance then, because 3mg for me is very strong (and I've been tripping for 20 years and have done about everything under the sun, including DOC many times). In fact I rarely even take that much anymore. Anyone I have ever given it to asks me for 2mg generally. Most recently my bass player in my band took 2mg, he said maybe next time he'd do 3mg but he's not sure. I would never recommend anyone to start over 3mg, it is not typical for that dose to not range between ++ and +++.

Are you using blotters? It is entirely possible your blotters are just not dosed right, if so.
Hmm weird. Last time I did my research on DOC I was debating between 3 and 6mg since a lot of people here and on other forums mentioned that 3mg is really not that strong. But since I was going to use it on a festival I choose 3mg to be safe. And no, I dod not have blotters I had pellets. I could look up which color I have since I probably still have one. Bought them like 2 years ago.

That being said I'm all for harm reduction, but I also want to share my experience and hope to give people a fun time - which I did not have with DOC. Might also be due to the setting where you're going to trip. If you're going to trip outside or at a party like I did I would always opt for the safer choice. When you're comfortable at home I'd "risk" a tad bit higher, but that's just me. Ultimately it's down the the person in question and the only thing we can do is share our experiences.

Agreed, and thanks for sharing your experience. :) Just wanting to point out that it has been my experience that most people respond strongly to much lower doses.

I can't help but wonder if these pellets are underdosed compared to what was advertised? And if you're in the area I think you are, perhaps these pellets are the only source people are typically having access to? I have only ever worked with pure, lab-verified DOC powder/crystals that I dose with liquid volumetric measurement.

Agreed, and thanks for sharing your experience. :) Just wanting to point out that it has been my experience that most people respond strongly to much lower doses.

I can't help but wonder if these pellets are underdosed compared to what was advertised? And if you're in the area I think you are, perhaps these pellets are the only source people are typically having access to? I have only ever worked with pure, lab-verified DOC powder/crystals that I dose with liquid volumetric measurement.
I guess we'll never know. I think all vendors here in the Netherlands source from the same big vendor, so I doubt it.

Here in the Netherlands there are no vendors left who sell powder. There used to be one but they got rid of their last stock. And with the upcoming WHO(?) DOC ban I doubt we'll ever see it again. Nasally still sounds intressting.

Sadly enough i've never seen any other DOC like substance being sold. No things like DOB, DOI, you name it. Althrough I don't even have time for lysergamides or things like 2C-E I doubt i'd try different DOx.

DOC is the best one, in my experience. I have yet to try DOB but it's pretty rare anyway. DOPr is amazing, but solidly too long, plus it's very rare. DOC is my go-to long-acting psychedelic and my favorite festival drug. I secured a lifetime supply a few years back because I always want to have access to it, and I'm very glad I did.

yep to be honest xorkoth I have been wanting to walk through DOC for a while now and it was your reports that made me wish to.

thank you for putting so much of your experiences online for us all to learn from.

ive also heard DMMDA is a great one too and its easy to get the apiol.

ive read its a mix of MDMA and LSD in the one compound.

Interesting, I know I read the PIHKAL entry at some point but haven't read any reports, do you know of any reports I could check out? The PIHKAL entry doesn't make it sound like a gem but PIHKAL does not always end up panning out in terms of how something is received by a wider audience.

Can get some alice in wonderland prints. Been told by my friend they are bitter so i assume not lsd. I read that its a good possibility that these contain DOC.

Never tried any of the dox series, is it anything like aMT or is it more similar to some of the 2c-x series but much longer. How would you psychonauts describe this wonderful chemical ?

Also how can i tell what dose i have? I assume im best off starting really low and of course get them tested to make sure it is indeed DOC?

Is it really 30 hour duration?

Bitter means is not an ergot nor analogs. Could be DOC, could be a NBOME, or other. Only test will tell.

DOC is deffo super long, going +24h for small dosages and easy to +30 to mid and big ones. To my taste, it worth every hour. It´s such a gem

DOC to me is kind of like a cross between LSD and mescaline, but different. It is not like AMT. It's crisp and clear and very active mentally, unique visually, but also warm and loving in a mescaline way (as opposed to a serotonin releaser sort of way). Also like mescaline I feel very at home in and in control of my body. It's also pretty pro-social in general. It has basically everything I love in a drug, but the duration is very long so be prepared. Twice as long as LSD.

I like DOC just as much as I like LSD, they're similar in many ways but also substantially different.

DOC to me is kind of like a cross between LSD and mescaline, but different. It is not like AMT. It's crisp and clear and very active mentally, unique visually, but also warm and loving in a mescaline way (as opposed to a serotonin releaser sort of way). Also like mescaline I feel very at home in and in control of my body. It's also pretty pro-social in general. It has basically everything I love in a drug, but the duration is very long so be prepared. Twice as long as LSD.

I like DOC just as much as I like LSD, they're similar in many ways but also substantially different.
Agreed, i also find it similar to both lsd and mesc.
However its still its own thing.

Feels like a alien dimension where everything is very polished and Bright.
I was at a psy party with some hippies.
They almost looked like elves from the lord of the rings.
It has this sci-fi/fantasy vibe that makes the visuls looking quite special.

Almost like the look of a comercial on TV.
Where the situation feels too perfectly made.
Its very uplifting and has a euphoric vibe.

The only potential problems is in the length of the trip.
Time can go very slowly so its important to have things to do.
I would probably only take it at festivals or similar.

Yeah it's definitely its own thing and unique. I have often told people, when asked what it's like, "it's like LSD and mescaline had a love child". It has aspects of and similarities to both parents, but is its own, brand new person with unique qualities.