• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DOC Thread - Third opinion

Bizarre - I just thought about Trozzle about 2 hours ago for some inexplicable reason, and now he posts! :LOL:

Weird as fuck synchronicity - but anyway, hi!!!

Iso is literally the only alcohol I have, and I have no other use for vodka. I guess I could get one of those tiny novelty sized bottles. I should just start drinking again haha

I should be asleep. Will be back in morning.

Oh holy shit it's a wild trozzle spotting!

I make my DOC solutions at 1mg/mL, just because that way it's easier to dose very precisely - with a 1mL oral syringe that has 10 markings, I can reliably dose to 100ug accuracy. As far as isopropyl alcohol, I don't recommend that as isopropyl is much more toxic than ethanol. It's not as bad as methanol, but you should just get some vodka or something, it would be much better. You should have at least 20% alcohol in there to keep it sterile. I usually just use cheap vodka.

As for dose, 2.5-3mg is what I always used to take, you'll be fine. But do give it an allergy test first obviously just in case it's not DOC.

How you been man? Drop by social if you feel up to it. :)

Yeah fair enough, I figured the amount of iso that'd actually be ingested might make it negligible, but fiiiiiiine I'll get vodka haha.

How much for the allergy test? 50ug? And as for the actual trip dose, I'm not so much concerned with being overwhelmed as I am with side effects. The setting will be at a multi day bush doof next month so it'll be a little chilly, and I'm not sure how badly DOC caused vasoconstriction. Not that I worry I'm gonna lose my toes or anything haha.

Given the onset time for DOC and that I'm aiming to be peak tripping through the evening, when would it be best to ingest?

Sure, 50ug, 100ug, basically to make sure it's not going to have an adverse reaction.

DOC causes some vasoconstriction, a good way to combat that is magnesium, also L-arginine if available (both are vasodilators). But also it shouldn't be a big deal with a regular dose.

Honestly DOC lasts a long time, really long, 16-20 hours before all the way down. I find the top of peak doesn't even hit until 5 or 6 hours in. When I take it at noon, it's hard for me to sleep at all that night, although I am prone to insomnia from psychedelics. I usually take a benzo to knock myself out at the end. My point is, if you take it in the evening you'll still be tripping the next morning, so earlier is better.

Some other notes, myself and others find that DOC produces a lot of limb energy during the first stage, and sitting around the house tends to produce a lot of discomfort and makes the come-up feel terrible. But doing something physically active, ideally going for a hike or a walk, makes the come-up nice. makes a big difference your setting and activities during the come-up/pre-peak.

Well we'll be out camping on a property so I should have ample to do during the come up and duration of the trip :) ideally I want peak visuals from 6pm as it'll be dark by then and the fires/neon lighting will be going strong. I'm not *TOO* fussed about when it wears off, though I'm not totally concerned if it keeps me up most of the night. Will take a xanax along too just in case. Reckon dropping around 1pm would work out?

Yeah I usually do around noon or 1, sounds perfect. :) And sounds like a perfect setting too. Hope you have a good time! As you know it's one of my very favorite drugs.

It's not like the 2C-Xs much at all, it's more LSD-like but different, it's kinda like if LSD and mescaline had a child, but it lasts longer than either of them. One of my favorite drugs.

One more grain... praytobuddha. You guys are insane. I checked with the Canadians. and they don't carry this/// for obvious reasons. My friend gave my cat a dose of this, and then turned it over to his friends, who ended up giving my cat the massive dose that remained. My cat then hid in the big closet and survived. My cat is now a celebrity among the friendly ones.

You can just edit "my cat" to reference yourself. We don't mask our identity in that manner here. Thought I'd let you know before someone else does. Welcome to bluelight if you are new!

Indeed he's right, we don't allow "SWIM"/"my cat"/"my cousin's pet koala's rattlesnake's baby's army ant" or what have you around here because it makes posts really annoying to read. I know certain forums require it so it's not like we get pissed about it but just letting you know. Welcome! :)

Such a spanner in the works: the brain reveals itself as something like a folded protein, and DOC rides rollercoaster rounds on it. Unlike similar intensities of LSD there's no refuge in audial space, that just makes the flying saucer feel nearer.

The goal was purely to explore the compound, I didn't prepare much at all for the 3.5mg trip. Drawn from a 1mg/ml rum solution (turned out cheaper than vodka), I diluted 1 part to 7 with water right before plugging. This gets it to the strength of lager, which has no burn. There's no long come-up that way, it's psychedelic alienation brusquely dissolving mental familiarity. It takes a supernova to cook up all the doc's elements, and it's as if this can be felt. It made me long for the more earthly connection of the classical psychedelics, perhaps these would be somewhat grounding in combination.

If I ever take this at a higher dose on its own again, I'll plan to distract myself from the sounds. It's just rather unnerving to stand in the shower feeling like something evil from the Dune universe. Bouts of purposeful activity definitely help, as well as the more maddening psychedelic techno. (Not the kind of techno that calls itself psychedelic techno, mind you..) More of these is required, as is I just chickened out seeking familiar, soothing, vanilla stimuli, and a couple of beers past the middle. Very enjoyable whenever the alcohol came through, but no urge to overdo it. The experience showed me I already spend too much time preparing for death.

I dosed first thing in the morning after two hours of sleep. This might have been ideal, I caught sleep shortly after sunset. It all happened neatly between dawn and dusk.

Now I can feel comfortable pushing the threshold dose with this, knowing where I risk ending up. Because that's the most interesting aspect so far: the clean, simple and energetic mind expansion in the half-a-milligram range. A nice and welcome addition to the psychedelic toolbox.

Oh wow, you plugged 3.5mg? Jeez that's a really high dose! 8o That's equivalent to about 7mg oral, way higher than I've ever taken it.

DOC does mix very well with alcohol, post-peak. I can't believe (I mean I do believe you, just saying) that you fell asleep shortly after sunset. I can take 1mg of DOC orally first thing in the morning and sometimes OI can't sleep til the next night, it keeps me up for so long. I kinda have insomnia issues anyway though.

DOC is one of my absolute favorites. Wonderful, wonderful stuff.

Is it that much stronger plugged? From reading the first pages I reckoned there wasn't that much difference, emphasized by the (gentle) stomach load regardless of ROA. I never take orally what can be plugged, Xorkoth is judge here.

Well it might not follow the 50% increase in potency, but generally phenethylamines are about twice as bioavailable plugged and snorted as they are orally. It might not extend to the DOC class, but I know people who have experience with both nasal and oral DOC who say nasal is twice as potent, and generally nasal and rectal potency of, for example, 2C-Xs is about double for nasal and rectal. I have only ever taken DOC orally so I can't speak from experience here.

Well it might not follow the 50% increase in potency, but generally phenethylamines are about twice as bioavailable plugged and snorted as they are orally. It might not extend to the DOC class, but I know people who have experience with both nasal and oral DOC who say nasal is twice as potent, and generally nasal and rectal potency of, for example, 2C-Xs is about double for nasal and rectal. I have only ever taken DOC orally so I can't speak from experience here.

Too bad that most phens hurt like crazy to snort.
2cb up the nose is one of the worst things ive ever experienced.
Def not a nice way to stsrt the trip.