• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DOC Thread - Third opinion

It goes well with 2C-B, but for what it's worth that experience was years ago. That combo has nice synergy as well though, great body high and crispy clean OEVs.

Yeah xorky said that as well, too bad I'll probably never find a vendor or person on the street that sells 2c-b. 2c-b and 2c-t-2 are the only other 2c's that I haven't tried that I would pay a pretty penny to try. I've wanted to try 2c-b since I first started getting into psychedelics about 6 years ago and have yet to get a hold of some. I hope some presser decides to send some 2c-b pills to cali.

Captain, if you can't get a hold of 2C-B, I would suggest going for bk-2C-B instead which is legal, widely available off the internet and left my very pleased at 200-220mgs alone. However, in that case, one might take bk-2C-B simultaneously of even before the DOC, since this beta-ketone can last 16+ hours and even 24+ hours for some people, while 4mg of DOC lasted 9 hours for me, from ingestion to the end of the trip, with a plateau of approximately 5 hours at max. Also be wary of added vasoconstriction in that case, might freeze to death if outside lol.
P.S. coincidentally or synchonistically, today is the aMT day for me as well.

DOC only lasted 9 hours for you? It lasts 24 hours for me, especially if I dose on the high side like 4mg. When I was using it regularly it would last about 18 hours, but the peak is just ending at 9 hours for me, there is a whole other awesome stage after that.

Last time I took it was the first time in a long time. I took like 2mg and had a relatively strong trip, and an awesome one, with incredible color saturation and a light visual crawling that was beautiful. I took it at noon, and I still had saucer pupils at 2 the next afternoon, having not really slept at all. I had to drive 4 hours home because I had been camping, and only after I got home did I start to return to normal and get super tired.

Captain, if you can't get a hold of 2C-B, I would suggest going for bk-2C-B instead which is legal, widely available off the internet and left my very pleased at 200-220mgs alone.

I don't think dosing that high would be a good idea on the first try. All the reports are coming back with so many various dosages. I would start under 100mgs to be honest.

Yes, it did last 9 hours for me. Took it at 3p.m., and by 12 was almost baseline...With some afterglow, definitely, but all observable surfaces looked pretty much indolent by that time. Fell asleep at T+14:00 easily, slept well. But it must be just me, it is in no way representative of how people usually react to this chemical. Btw, 150mics of AL-LAD lasted 4 hours max for me as well, while I am quite confident it is much longer acting for the general population. It should me noted that no other similarly acting substances had been taken up to 1week prior.
I am under the impression that smoking DMT has forever altered the way my body metabolises serotoninergic substances...

You see the problem with bk 2c-b is that this chem is WAY to variable for me, reports seem off the walls from serious trips @100mgs to nothing @250+mgs... Also there's something funky with it's pharmacology that people are still trying to figure out ie. Turns pink in basic environments yet goes normal is acidic environments, all this coupled with it's insane duration and.weak comparison to 2c-b turns me off. I think a more sane drug would be 2c-c or another 2c. Also I was asking what combines with moxy (5-meo-mipt) and not DOC, I would imagine both 2c's and 4-subs would go nicely with DOC if the times are right going by my previous experience but 4-subs and 2c's go with almost anything IME, thanks for the response anyways though :).

Also I'm with xorkoth lol, DOC lasts 9 hours for you? I'm a fast metabolizer compared to all of my friends (aMT lasts about 10h, MDMA typically lasts 3-4, 4-aco-dmt lasts 4h, LSD lasts 7h, and have never had a 2c go past 4-5h mark including the longer ones) yet I could still say the main effects lasted til about 14h and I woke up around t+20 still not completely baseline.

Edit: Scratch that, 2c's may not go very well with DOC, at least not 2c-c (perhaps one of the "warmer" 2c's would combine well and add a new "flavor'' to the trip, both DOC and 2c-c followed the more ''cool" side of phens for me). I plugged either 20 or 40mgs of 2c-c about 6 or 8 hours into my underwhelming DOC trip and remember it doing VERY little and since the trip already had a 2c-c like vibe for me it seemed to act like a mild potentiator as opposed to anything synergistic. I still do believe that 4-subs would go with DOC though, I remember thinking that DOC's beautiful synthetic natured aqua blues and greens would merge well with psilacetins more earthy pinks, blacks, greens, and reds but unfortunately this trip happened a week or so after burning through my batch.

Last edited:
Interestingly, from my yet sole experience with DOC, I did not at any moment feel as if there might be something lacking in this chemical. In other words, it indeed was very, very wholesome.."buy the ticket-take the ride" style. I recall thinking during the trip that "this is exactly what I bargained for", that is, I felt really no need to supplement the experience with anything else. Perhaps it is at lower dosages that one might find it lacking some desirable aspects?..

Yeah I had a one in a million reaction to DOC it seems :p. Read post #98 on page 4 where I sum it up as I'm probably getting on peoples nerves repeating my underwhelming experience over and over again lol. Don't get me wrong it wasn't negative in any way, just rather hollow and weak compared to just about every other person who has taken DOC, dose was 3mgs subbed and swallowed...

Interestingly, from my yet sole experience with DOC, I did not at any moment feel as if there might be something lacking in this chemical. In other words, it indeed was very, very wholesome.."buy the ticket-take the ride" style. I recall thinking during the trip that "this is exactly what I bargained for", that is, I felt really no need to supplement the experience with anything else. Perhaps it is at lower dosages that one might find it lacking some desirable aspects?..

That's how I feel about DOC too, it's a perfectly rounded, full psychedelic. One of the brightest gems in the whole galaxy of psychedelic chemicals.

Yeah I think an up in dose is needed for me. The visuals were very intense and pretty though, the whole trip had this crisp aqua colored theme that was very much eye-candy, I was just expecting some more depth and body effects.

I have been to states with DOC that were deep and profound, but a lot of the mental effects I get are more of the clarity of thought variety, where whatever I think about I think about easily and from many angles and with great insight, as opposed to a connection to the divine or something of that nature.

Lol just about all experiences report deep, profound beauty but tbh I found the headspace no more profound than 2c-c. 2c-d has provided a more worthwhile headspace than that DOC trip but I've only taken DOC once and am not underestimating it's potential in any way shape or form. I got into this headspace where I would come to a thought but as soon as I tried to expand upon the thought and dig deeper the thought would fleet away from me, it got pretty frustrating after a while tbh and so badly wished I had something else to push me over the edge into what I imagine to be a pretty deep state. I was also VERY surprised at how sedating the experience was as well, I cancelled plans to go out partying so I could just chill in my bed and watch TV and the gorgeous visuals.

The drug is very magical, but this thread likely hypes it up a LOT more than it should. The headspace can be straight up boring at times.

Yeah the DOC peak can be quite sedating, after that it becomes more energized to me. However the entire experience is characterized by a physical calmness that isn't remotely jittery (except often for the come-up which can be jittery and a bit uncomfortable).

You're right, there are a lot of experiences of it being very deep. It's deep, but I just find it to be a very grounded substance. On higher doses the peak can be very otherworldly, but I have never detected even a hint of the psychedelic "void/oneness" loop that I get from other really strong psychedelics like many tryptamines, 2C-E, and others.

Did you get a lot of color saturation? It's a lot more pronounced during the day, outside. I love DOC outside in the daytime. Colors become phenomenally beautiful. It has fantastic effects on color perception. The last time I did it, I took it at noon, and at sunset it was the peak moment. I stood/floated in the ocean and looked straight up and drifted for 2 hours, completely transfixed by the sunset colors in the clouds. And the clouds were morphing constantly in a very fractallized and gorgeous way. The colors were so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes. :) <3

What struck me as odd was that the ENTIRE experience from beginning to end was smooth as butter and sedating in a pleasant way, again I can't help but draw comparisons to 2c-c which was by far the smoothest, easiest going 2c for me. This was my first DOx so I was expecting alot of jittery moments as well as vasoconstriction issues but to my avail there were none at all. I did find quite a bit of color saturation but not quite as much compared to say... mushrooms or LSD. I was very impressed with the visual aspect of this substance, full on structures of the holographic nature, not so much morphing though. Maybe my high expectations led to dissapointment but I've got 9 2.5mg blotters and have not written this one off, I just feel that I'm gonna need 4+mg doses for me to consider it worthwhile ie. Something that I couldn't get from another substance...

Sounds like 4mg is a good place for you to try next. I've tried up to 5mg, well, when I had massive tolerance I probably had 10 to 12mg in a day before, in several doses. But I took it to 5mg with only minor tolerance and it was very strong, but perfectly safe-feeling. However this is a super potent drug so I wouldn't just jump to more than 4, I'd try 4 first and move up maybe even in .5mg increments if it's not enough. Even .25mg of the substance is active enough to produce a light +1. It's very potent.

EDIT: Wait, how much did you do this time? I wouldn't jump up by more than 1mg for your next trial.

^ The effects are very consistent throughout the trip, it seems you never really experience a "peak" like other drugs and the drugs just slowly ramps up and out of your mind.

Too bad you have blotter, I suspect snorting or plugging may be VERY worthwhile with this compound. The oral come up is so long it is nearly distressing, but you'll start feeling quite altered 15-20 minutes after plugging and I doubt much longer for snorting

I don't feel like snorting would be the best way to go, but plugged works very well, like with most things it reduces dose (somewhat) and reduces bodyload, makes the whole thing smoother. However with the DOXs, it seems oral has very good bioavailability because the dose didn't change much with rectal admin, if I recall correctly.

I took 3mgs xorkoth, I'm a well seasoned psychonaut and at this dose the experience was a low end +++ at best, I have zero doubt that I wouldn't be able dose 4+mgs with no problems. I also require rediculous amounts of phens to get to where someone else be on an average dose.

@Folley, I can still plug the blotters, just suspend them in liquid and suck up the solution and plug it. Before I explore other ROA's I wanna give the oral route another shot, just at a higher dose. The bodyload was virtually non-existant so I see no need to explore other routes of administration.