View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DOC Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I need to post but I need to say that i'm very high at the moment ! Holy mother of god it's beautiful and calm <3

That's such a weird coincidence, next to some unknown small amount of DOC powder that I have there is also 2 x 1.5 mg blotters that I got a few years back. I had them in my hands today when I was looking through my stuff to find the ibotenic acid / gaboxadol that I seem to have lost.
Anyway I am almost compelled to try it sometime ;) Hopefully I can some day.

I have access and the funds to acquire this compound, but I'm not sure how I will react, since my 1 and only DOB trip was 30+ hours and much of it at a ++++ level. Can someone give me a quick compare and contrast? Ive read this whole thread but Having it in front of me before I make a purchase would be helpful.

Would it be safe to take this compound having taken sudafed to clear up a stuffy nose?

Also, I've read a bunch of stuff about this matter, so much that it's gotten me confused: if one were to take a starting dose of, say, 2mg, then take another 2mg before the trip peaked (say, 2 hours in), would they notice any acute tolerance affecting the second dose? Or is that only a concern if you redose during/after the peak?
These numbers are totally hypothetical, by the way.

Last edited:
Would it be safe to take this compound having taken sudafed to clear up a stuffy nose?

Also, I've read a bunch of stuff about this matter, so much that it's gotten me confused: if one were to take a starting dose of, say, 2mg, then take another 2mg before the trip peaked (say, 2 hours in), would they notice any acute tolerance affecting the second dose? Or is that only a concern if you redose during/after the peak?

Sudafed would have mild stimulating properties, many find DOC itself to be quite stimulating (like myself). This could add to the negative side effects like vascoconstriction, muscle tension, etc. I would wait for a time when you can enjoy it more, but it wouldn't be life threatening.

Taking 2mg after you peak will never get you to the same height as taking all 4mg at once. It should still have a noticeable increase in intensity, how much is up to individual factors.

I had the same question more or less, If one took a 2.5mg blotter, would a second
Blotter of same dosage add to the intensity of the trip or just extend the duration?

I'm planning on testing doc for the first time this weekend my favorite artists are playing, and on bicycle day of all days! imagine that lol :) will report back how it was

It really depends on when you take your second dose. Dropping your second blotter about two hours after the first one will both extend and noticeably intensify the trip. Waiting more like six hours will probably just extend the duration (somewhat) as down regulation will have begun to set in and the plasma levels of the DOC will be on the decline.

It really depends on when you take your second dose. Dropping your second blotter about two hours after the first one will both extend and noticeably intensify the trip. Waiting more like six hours will probably just extend the duration (somewhat) as down regulation will have begun to set in and the plasma levels of the DOC will be on the decline.
I thank you for the answer. If I do decide to dose more it will be at two or three hour point as this is when I heard doc usuall peaks.

I tested this drug for the first time yesterday (I ended up foregoing the sudafed, though), and, at least at the dose I took it, I found it pleasant but underwhelming. I dosed 2.4mg, then another 1.5mg or so at the 3 hour mark. I think I should have just taken another 2.4mg, though; next time I'm going to go for 4.8mg from the get-go (assuming it'll be soon enough that a little bit of tolerance will be at play, too). To consider other factors: I ate a light lunch of soup and some tortilla chips about half an hour before dosing. I was not on any other drugs, OTC or pharmaceutical; though I take Adderall regularly, due to a prescription fuck-up it'd been almost a week since I'd had some.

I mostly found the trip to be mental and sensational. There was very little in the way of visuals--throughout the trip, if I focused on one spot things moved around in that familiar psychedelic way, and when I took a walk outside in the rain, everything looked sharp and colourful and very, very beautiful. At a few points I noticed tracers and a grid flashing on my boyfriend's face, but those went away as fast as they came. I definitely had the tripping mindset, though my thoughts were still very clear compared to my previous psychedelic experiences, and I was well able to hold a conversation and be, at least in my opinion, quite clever. There was some euphoria, and generally I'd describe my mood as highly positive the whole time. I also found music very enjoyable. The effects really shone with my sense of touch, though, and the way I related to the physical world. Taking a walk was a lot of fun, but I hated touching my hair. (I hate touching my hair on every psychedelic I've tried, I just can't get that feeling off my hands.) I did feel the stimulating effects, but not in a negative or overbearing way. They mostly just manifested in keeping me active, not couchlocked like my boyfriend was (he ate shrooms a few hours into my trip).

Come-up took about three hours. By T+9 hrs I didn't really feel like I was tripping anymore, but I also had definitely not returned to baseline. I didn't really notice much in the way of a body load until this point, when my stomach started bothering me. It wasn't really nausea, just kind of a weird chemical-y feeling in my gut. I just ignored it. A little after T+11 I lay down and was able to sleep, with some difficulty. (I also smoked a bowl and drank a beer right before this.) When I lay down to sleep I some closed-eye visuals resurfaced, but then I fell asleep with weird dreams. I woke back up at T+17 feeling totally baseline.

Last edited:
I mostly found the trip to be mental and sensational. There was very little in the way of visuals--throughout the trip, if I focused on one spot things moved around in that familiar psychedelic way, and when I took a walk outside in the rain, everything looked sharp and colourful and very, very beautiful. At a few points I noticed tracers and a grid flashing on my boyfriend's face, but those went away as fast as they came. I definitely had the tripping mindset, though my thoughts were still very clear compared to my previous psychedelic experiences, and I was well able to hold a conversation and be, at least in my opinion, quite clever.

I know exactly what you mean. DOC was pretty consistently nootropic for me - very enhanced, hyper-logical trains of thought and very clear articulation. I had some great conversations online with some sober friends a couple of times.

There was some euphoria, and generally I'd describe my mood as highly positive the whole time. I also found music very enjoyable. The effects really shone with my sense of touch, though, and the way I related to the physical world. Taking a walk was a lot of fun, but I hated touching my hair. (I hate touching my hair on every psychedelic I've tried, I just can't get that feeling off my hands.) I did feel the stimulating effects, but not in a negative or overbearing way. They mostly just manifested in keeping me active, not couchlocked like my boyfriend was (he ate shrooms a few hours into my trip).

Come-up took about three hours. By T+9 hrs I didn't really feel like I was tripping anymore, but I also had definitely not returned to baseline. I didn't really notice much in the way of a body load until this point, when my stomach started bothering me. It wasn't really nausea, just kind of a weird chemical-y feeling in my gut. I just ignored it. A little after T+11 I lay down and was able to sleep, with some difficulty. (I also smoked a bowl and drank a beer right before this.) When I lay down to sleep I some closed-eye visuals resurfaced, but then I fell asleep with weird dreams. I woke back up at T+17 feeling totally baseline.

Duration fits for me - DOC actually had a relatively short plateau for me (at least compared to other people), there'd be residual effects for awhile but any significant effects would be mostly dissipated at around 10-12 hours.

Anyway, it sounds like you definitely just dosed too low. DOC is an amazingly visual compound at proper doses. 5mg is a good place to start for you, I'd say (or 4.8 - whatever), the visuals start to become pretty prominent at that point without any negative effects. My sweetspot for jaw-dropping visuals (and few negative side effects, sometimes very transient nausea but nothing like on 2c-e or whatnot) was around 7mg.

Good luck with your next experience! It's a very rewarding chemical, my favorite phenethylamine by a longshot and one of my favorite chemicals in general.

Last edited:
Yeah, it definitely felt like the descriptions I've heard of DOC, just lightly. I still found it VERY promising, and I'm really excited to try it again at approximately double the dose. I get the feeling it'll really take off for me at a higher dose.

I'm also considering taking the other half tab alone tomorrow, which should be a sub-trip dose, and seeing how it does as just enhancement on a day. I'm hoping for light stimulation, a mood boost, and maybe a slight "trippy feeling." I don't recall if I've heard about people doing this specifically with DOC, but I've heard about it with psychedelics in general.

Last edited:
Would .5mg be a good allergy tester followed by say 2mgs a week later as a first dose? Also I have 50mgs of this, would it be better to dilute all 50mgs at once or mabey 10mgs at a time. Im planning on using water, would I have to worry about it degrading? Im sure all of these questions have been answered and I apologize in advance for being too adhd to read through the whole thread.

The most accurate method would be to dilute it all at once. DOC is very stable but you should add something (ethanol) to prevent bacterial growth.

0.5mg is a good amount for an allergy test, though I would say go a bit lower because 0.5mg will probably be active.

Last edited:
definitly use an ethanol solution somewhere around 30% or higher. i tried a solution with distilled water in normal glass and months later it was extremely degraded.
amber bottles and ethanol are a must if you plan to store your solution longer than 1 or 2 months.

how long does DOC take to kick in for you guys and what is the duration typically? it usually seems people say 2 hour come up or so with a 18 hour duration but some say it takes them 4 hours to come up and the whole thing is like 30 hours WTF

i guess it's really variable for everyone huh?

Thanks for all the speedy replies, I guess something like 80 proof vodka would be ideal then. I was thinking about dissolving 40mgs in the vodka and 10mgs in water for nasal dosing to cut down on the duration. Has anybody tried insufflating this stuff? Cant find any reports on the subject(although I may not have looked hard enough).

Would DOC have cross-tolerance with 2C-B or MDMA?

Planning on taking the latter two next weekend at a show, and thinking about dosing some DOC a few days later with a friend. I normally would put more time in between my trips, but time is running out in the semester.

I would count on cross-tolerance but it may not be wise to increase your dose by too much, unless you are prepared to accept the full consequences of that dose.
Redosing is also tricky with something that takes about 3 hours to come on.
Maybe it is best to just dose as much as you would intend without the cross-tolerance and consider adding a little by the 2-2.5 h mark.

some crosstolerance will happen but it depends on various things by how much... I ve found DOC to be a chem that goes through tolerances quite easily, however all react differently, and it depends on other factors as well (for instance, the doses you take of 2cb or mdma).
I would dose just the same as if no tolerance was expected, and perhaps redose (but a bit earlier, at t+2h), but very very small amount in the redose....

in other directions, how do you guys time your DOC combos? so far ive had little succes with trying to add anything to the experience past a certain point.
Ive tried adding, for isntance, 4-aco-dmt, 18mg, at the 5h mark with no result whatsoever, either positive or negative, but before that (previous months) ive insufflated 2cc at around the same time with reasonable efficacy....

Last edited by a moderator:
some crosstolerance will happen but it depends on various things by how much... I ve found DOC to be a chem that goes through tolerances quite easily, however all react differently, and it depends on other factors as well (for instance, the doses you take of 2cb or mdma).
I would dose just the same as if no tolerance was expected, and perhaps redose (but a bit earlier, at t+2h), but very very small amount in the redose....

I'll probably be taking a medium-highish dose of 2C-B and possibly a large amount of MDMA so... usually I enjoy DOC a lot at the 5mg range, but I might go up to 6 or 7mg. I think I'd rather do that than redose, and I've had experience with DOC at 7mg before so I'm fairly confident that I will be able to handle the trip.

in other directions, how do you guys time your DOC combos? so far ive had little succes with trying to add anything to the experience past a certain point.
Ive tried adding, for isntance, 4-aco-dmt, 18mg, at the 5h mark with no result whatsoever, either positive or negative, but before that (previous months) ive insufflated 2cc at around the same time with reasonable efficacy....

The only thing I've combined with DOC (besides weed, which really intensifies the visuals for me) was 4-AcO-DMT, probably around the peak. Because of when I added it, I can't tell if the 4-AcO was additive or not, but it seemed like it. Visuals were awesome -- my friends and I were astounded at how awesome wiping soap around on a glass partition looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.