View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DOC Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be giving this one a shot in the near future...

Previous experiences with the DOx family have been up and down, I thought DOM was an utterly beautiful synesthesia inducing psychedelic....

And then someone gave me 10mg DOB.... and that blew all matter of dick. It would compare it to something along the lines of a bad acid trip that you tried to smoke meth to fix, and then did way too much meth on way too much acid. 8 hours of being too fucked up to do anything but sit there and feel intense.

I might be giving this one a shot in the near future...

Previous experiences with the DOx family have been up and down, I thought DOM was an utterly beautiful synesthesia inducing psychedelic....

And then someone gave me 10mg DOB.... and that blew all matter of dick. It would compare it to something along the lines of a bad acid trip that you tried to smoke meth to fix, and then did way too much meth on way too much acid. 8 hours of being too fucked up to do anything but sit there and feel intense.

This made me laugh irl! =D

Would like to hear some background on this.

The whole thing was a really unpleasant experience and it happened some time ago, but I will try to go more into it.

Basically we let someone measure out 2 doses of DOB, and he gave us both way more than we had any desire to take that evening.

First alerts included nausea sometime after an hour into the 2nd.

The 18 hour peak that gave way from that was spent locked in an apartment trying to maintain some form of sanity. Very shakey, overly stimulating in the way that a failed suicide attempt with a bottle of ritalin would be overly stimulating. We weren't quite at a level that we felt worried about our health as much as our sanity. It was so intense that we were not functional enough to operate a coloring book and crayon for 8 hours of it. After we mastered the crayon, we moved to permanent marker and a friend's tent for a canvas. She was pissed about it later, but it was not directed at me despite it being half my fault.

Lots of crazy stuff drawn in tent. It has become daylight again, I step outside to a cold day. Its winter, but the landscape at +18h appears to be more along the lines of Saharan desert from the way its moving. Still going way too hard for normal society.

I attempted origami, found myself too shakey and gave up. Tried to amuse ourselves, smoked a lot of weed in the 8 hours that followed. Long 8 hours of coming down, folded some paper cranes and glued them to a dead bonsai tree. Sleep didn't come for around +36h from initial dose.

The entire experience was really unpleasant, like the sort of unpleasant that makes stabbing myself in the hand more appealing than another DOB overdose.

Insufflation of DOC doesn't appear to significantly reduce the overall duration of the chemical, (say 18-22 hours maybe as opposed to 24 hours dosing orally). Be very aware that come up on insufflated DOC is almost instantaneous - I was feeling altered within 15-20 seconds, and beginning to fully trip within 3-4 minutes! 8o

Right. So is there any way to terminate the trip early?

Yes, haldol, quietiapine, or risperidone. You should also have some kind of benzo available.

Make sure you have one of those three anti-psychotics (I recommend the risperidone highly) before you get heavy into the long acting psychs. You will be so glad you did when the time comes to stop a terrible trip at hour 6 vs riding it out for 2 days.

Yeah, I enjoyed DOC when I tried it, but I could have done without the last five hours or so.

Going to see if I can get my hands on any of those anti-psychotics or a benzo...

well it's now T+31 hours. I have felt pretty sober all day, and I still retain my happy perspective on everything that I didn't have before taking this stuff. When I go outside, I actually almost feel high again, even though I am definitely not (most of my trip was done outside, and the whole world just seems more beautiful now). But I can't say what it will be like two weeks after taking it...well because I'm probably going to be doing it at least that often =D (probably never more than once a week, though)

SWIM knows this is 5 years later.....but as SWIM just got some DOC from a trusted source, your experience resonates exactly with what SWIM is looking to achieve.
SWIM is not interested in psychedelics to get 'high' and see 'cool stuff' - SWIM has been contemplating his existence and purpose and has been finding difficulty in reaching a sense of being happy and content in each moment. The 'noise-machine' in SWIM's head seems to always want to gravitate backwards towards futile thoughts of past and present, both of which are not here and now.

Hopefully you are still on this forum and that you have some interesting insights 5 years later.....

^IMO you can't look for those type of experiences, friend, they find you not the other way around!:D

^IMO you can't look for those type of experiences, friend, they find you not the other way around!:D

;) indeed!
Perhaps I should have added that I've ruled out many of the other substances as they turned out to be shallow and predictable, or just out of control and unrealistic.
That's why swim was interested in DOC?

^DOC is a pretty deep material though I have never found anything greater than LSD for helping a person find themselves and work those sorts of issues out but DOC would also certainly be a useful tool for this as well IMO.

^DOC is a pretty deep material though I have never found anything greater than LSD for helping a person find themselves and work those sorts of issues out but DOC would also certainly be a useful tool for this as well IMO.

SWIM had an on-off relationship with LSD in his earlier years back in the early 1990's.
Eventually SWIM decided that LSD was not something that felt good, was associated with too many bad trips, paranoia and negative memories and the after effects were not worth the time investment.
SWIM has heard that DOC can last a very long time but is more clearheaded than LSD in nature? From reading reviews SWIM has the feeling that DOC may offer a more neutral playing field to work through the experience.

Actually your descriptions of LSD sound pretty off though it may just be your individual. To me whats great about DOC is its clearheaded just like LSD! Haha. Its actually how I describe it to people most times.

Actually your descriptions of LSD sound pretty off though it may just be your individual. To me whats great about DOC is its clearheaded just like LSD! Haha. Its actually how I describe it to people most times.

Hmmm... SWIM is wondering whether his personality is suited for DOC?

Last edited:
I didn't notice at first because you used it so little but to let you in on a super secret....we know its you and so would the police. No swimming allowed in this forum's pool! Benzos don't abort trips they just calm down overactive and over zealous minds or knock you out dependent of the benzo.

Last edited:
Previous post amended a lot... Would appreciate if you could also edit your last response to remove the quoted stuff.
Thanks for the advise. Back to reading from afar.

Status
Not open for further replies.