View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DOC Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^No one can tell you for sure. Its especially iffy sinces its your first time(I believe?). You could always dose lower and bring a potent enough redose to surely kick it into gear or just take 3 mgs and bring a redose, if your experienced enough with this sort of thing.
Makes sense, same thing happens in 2c-x drugs but never thought about it. Until now, I am kinda afraid of taking DOC because of that. Maybe higher doses gives you much more euphoric push, changing experience completely.
Thats the exact reason. Low doses have all the side effects without the pluses for me whereas a high dose trip might have side effects but I can ignore them due to the nicer effects. 7

3mg is probably alright for a night out for someone that's a little used to tripping.

Thank you for the reassurance guys. As this would be my first time, I want to have a great time and avoid disappointment. Hopefully with this experience I will be able to gauge for myself how much to take in the future.

Is DOC stable/soluble in water?

I'm wondering whether I could condense a fully insuffliated dosed DOC trip (~4mg total dose) into 18 hours...

Lots of commitments...

How are folks with doing this in a big crowd? There's a HUUUUGE fireworks show this Sunday near me, draws 500,000 to the Ohio River in front of Cincinnati (the very intense, highly venerated WEBN "Riverfest" show). I have gone to it almost every time last 30 years, and I have a very good well practiced plan I used the last 6 or 7 times to beat MOST of the gridlock afterwards... I park at a location that is about a 45min walk from the show, that is right by the freeway, and walk up there... it's a little tiring but not much. Get to a spot behind people on the floodwall who had been camping out there all day, put on my headphones tuned to the station for the soundtrack and wait about an hour, which is the most tedious part. Then when its done, hightail it back to the car. Just me on my own, so there's no one to loose or keep track of. I know the area so well I could do the walk with my eyes closed, and the whole thing is VERY familiar to me, so anxiety should not be an issue.

ANYWAY I have not tried the DOC yet (but am VERY experienced in all sorts of psychedelics and RCs) and am thinking of trying a first-time dose of 2mg, of the purple batch for this From what I've read that SHOULD be in the moderate range of strength.

I know it tends to be speedy and so I am thinking that it should make the walk a breeze. But I am wondering how others have felt exerting themselves like this on DOC, and also standing around waiting in an enormous crowd but I will be at the BACK of 99.999% of them in my vicinity, so I won't be crowded in or smooshed in any way at all... behind me might be a couple people then a downsloping hill in the direction back to the car with mostly empty space when the show is over, though it quickly fills with people leaving.

Does the speedy energy tend to keep you feeling "UP" and in a positive headspace? Or is there any likelihood of getting dizzy or fatigued or upset about the crowd? I've done this event on shrooms (which were frankly a bit much in this throng but I handled it fine), LSD (fine & excellent), 2C-I (about perfect actually, with its speediness and anti-headfuck clear-mind tendencies). But I was hoping for something a bit more visual than 2C-I which only tends to enhance colors and give trails, so was thinking DOC might be more perfect. The dose is really the only issue, and the fact that it will be my 1st time doing it.

Any thoughts about this plan or stories from others who have done anything remotely similar while on a modest hit of DOC greatly appreciated.

Sounds fun! The only thing i would be concerned about is driving. DOC, for me, was very intensely visual & totally fucked my depth perception. Driving was definitely not a possibility until about T+21. Although things died down substantially after about T+14, i then slept for about 7hrs, & woke up still of baseline, but mostly functional. If you have a ride, i'd say go for it. I could interact with people perfectly fine on 2.55mg, perhaps even a bit more outgoing than normal. I also experienced some of the most intense visuals i've had in quite a long time. Walls totally melting & such, CEV's of surreal vistas etc, good times. Head felt pretty clear the whole time though. And in regards to dosage timing, i'd probably dose 5-6hrs before the fireworks show just so i was well acclimated to the trip before venturing out. Also that gives you the option of deciding not to go out if you don't feel it would be a good idea (i'd bet the possibility of that would be pretty low.)

I didn't really find it stimulating in the traditional sense of the word. Not at all like 2c-i's stimulation. I definitely wasn't going to sleep during the thick of things, not so much because i was stimulated physically, things were just too damn interesting to entertain the thought of sleep, lol. Overall, i was quite relaxed, laying on my couch just listening to music & watching the walls melt, spin, twirl, etc, for a large portion of the experience, no desire to pace around the apartment or go for a light jog like i get with some psychedelics. Though as always, YMMV ;)

Last edited:
Thank you for the reassurance guys. As this would be my first time, I want to have a great time and avoid disappointment. Hopefully with this experience I will be able to gauge for myself how much to take in the future.

Is DOC stable/soluble in water?

It is stable and soluble in water (might take a little heating) but I would add some high proof alcohol (preferably vodka or everclear) to the solution to prevent bacteria accumulation.

if there are little flakes in my solution (half h2o/half vodka) does that mean its not fully dissolved and i should apply more heat? i tried putting it in a cup of just boiled water and it didnt seem to help it dissolve anymore. i would assume it is mostly dissolved anyway, the amount of flakes is fairly small.

According to a friend who recently supplied me with a couple very small batches of DOC his other DOxx compounds have lasted indefinitely when diluted in regular vodka & stored in the cold & dark.

I am (perhaps unnecessarilly) wary about the other DOxx compounds but I think the world of DOC & cannot recomend it enough. It is strong, long stuff & should be used only by those with good physical & mental fortitude.

For the Cinncinati fire-works man, I do seriously hope you did not & do not intend to drive whilst intoxicated even slightly on a psychedelic. This is irresponsible in the extreme. Whatever you do that brings risk to your own life & limb you are completely free to do without limitation. As soon as your actions bring risk to the life & limb of others, you're dangerously negligent. Don't do it! If you're an experienced tripper, I really should not have to say this!

One thought - DOC is awesome! Probably my new favourite psychedelic - very unique! (up there at least with 2C-P). Had an experience verging on ++++ on this the other day - no psychedelic has ever got me to that state before. Bloody potent though. Be careful with this stuff!

^How much did you dose?

When I tried DOC over the weekend (3mgs), it was more euphoric and ecstasy-like than a psychedelic (until I smoked some weed and then got crazy visuals, that is). I'm looking forward to taking more in hopes of something like a +++ or even a ++++ experience. \

It's amazing how much such a small amount of powder can do to your body.

For the Cinncinati fire-works man, I do seriously hope you did not & do not intend to drive whilst intoxicated even slightly on a psychedelic. This is irresponsible in the extreme.

I ended up doing 20mg 2C-I which to me is just like a little speed with a very slight trippy edge to it. I am very very very very very very experienced with these things. I agree no one should drive tripping, but I know precisely my limits and the effects of doses of 2C-I and after the long walk back to the car I was practically sober, as I knew I would be. But thanks for the concern.

I ended up doing 20mg 2C-I which to me is just like a little speed with a very slight trippy edge to it. I am very very very very very very experienced with these things. I agree no one should drive tripping, but I know precisely my limits and the effects of doses of 2C-I and after the long walk back to the car I was practically sober, as I knew I would be. But thanks for the concern.

I agree, driving (bicycle) on 2c-I is perfectly safe. Alert, speedy, no motor loss.

What is the duration of DOC when insuffalated? Is it shorter than oral ROA?

Selecting Cl^3: Amount, ROA and Timing

Intrigued by these relative PKs and effects, how would one go about designing a timeline for researching the three prototypes/generations of 4-position Cl-derivatized phenethylamines?

Looking for tips on interactions of DOC with 2C-C and 25C-NBOMe, and how to set up an initial, conservative combination including timeline & ROA.

Thinking something like:

t+0:00 = 1.5 mg DOC via dissolved liquid insufflation (LI) [aiming for reduced length of effect and increased early onset with this ROA]
t+2:00 = 20 mg 2C-C via oral
t+4:00 = 0.7 mg 25C-NBOMe via buccal blotter

With the idea to build in intensity throughout, and have a common decline so that at ~t+9:00-10:00 the effects are largely disappearing.

Tried these individually already, but not not DOC via LI. The real questions here revolve around: 1) Amount; 2) ROA; 3) Timing.

A modeling way to do this would be to bracket the conservative outlier conditions and to perform the minimal number of experiences needed to determine what condition provides best results (although environment (set and setting) are going to make it difficult to draw strict conclusions).

But who has time to try [ROA X multiple amounts X multiple RC] combos?... While including appropriate tolerance breaks in between trials.

Any tips on negative interactions, timing, amounts in combination and ROAs are appreciated!

Insufflation of DOC doesn't appear to significantly reduce the overall duration of the chemical, (say 18-22 hours maybe as opposed to 24 hours dosing orally). Be very aware that come up on insufflated DOC is almost instantaneous - I was feeling altered within 15-20 seconds, and beginning to fully trip within 3-4 minutes! 8o

^Oh yeah. I can't comment much on the duration(though I can say it certainly boosted it IMO)but I insufflated a mg three and a half hours into a 3mg trip and wow, hit me harder than any other insufflation after consuming the chemical previously. Definitely put me where I wanted to be and I felt it in minutes.

OOoooo, a Chloro triple stack! Very interesting. My instincts tell me this would be a lovely experience. I have no experience with a similar combo, or even with all the substances being discussed, so my contribution here is merely conjecture.

I might bump the time of 2C-C up to +1:30 instead of +2:00 (that is if we're trying to coincide a peak). 2C-C usually takes an hour to begin effect, for me anyways.
I might also hasten the administration of the 25C. I have no experience with 25C yet, but from my understanding it's around 1-1:30 for peak with buccal? So, if I were doing this and intended to have some coinciding peaks, I'd administer the 25C at t+3:00. 5 hour duration would start bringing you down around the ~9:00 mark, around the time the DOC would likely be waning as well (depending on your individual metabolism of course).

There's scattered reports of vasoconstriction with 25C, but not prevalent, seems dependent on the individual. So that and DOC's possible vasoconstriction (again, doesn't seem to be ALL individuals) might make that something to watch for. Not saying it's a certainty by any means, but keep your eyes open for that. I've heard of people supplementing a few grams of L-Arginine to combat this, which helps the production of Nitric Oxide, a vasodilator, as I'm sure you're well aware.
That's the only obvious potential negative interaction that I can see. Anyone else with more 25C experience should speak up though.
I wish you a safe journey, and be sure to tell us about it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.