View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DOC Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long should I expect a DOC comeup to be (with eating a light meal hours beforehand)?

I know I already asked this earlier, but now my question is more specific: I took some 4-aco-dmt last saturday. If I dose DOC this friday, will there be any cross-tolerance issues?

Also, I plan to take it before a DJ performs on my campus. How would 3mg work in this situation? (Note that I have a natural high tolerance, e.g. I happily had my first 4-aco-dmt experience at somewhere around 35mgs)

Last edited:
The comeup for me is usually round about 2-3hrs. I was definitely feeling it at 1hr, but not all that intensely until +2hrs, after that i'm usually a bit too discombobulated to keep track of time all that well ;)

I don't know people, DOC is one of the easiest compound I ever tried it. I share it a lot, and people say the same. Just to say don't be afraid of this compound because it will handle you gently :D.

I've searched high and low, and I seriously still can't find any information about vaporized DOC..
Can anybody help me out with this??

had some DOC blotter a few months ago. tried 2.8mg a couple times with some effects and had a nice trip with 4.2mg..but im wondering if i ate the blotter right. i just let it dissolve in my mouth- was i supposed to swallow? the trips were kind of mild and very managable nothing astounding...

How are folks with doing this in a big crowd? There's a HUUUUGE fireworks show this Sunday near me, draws 500,000 to the Ohio River in front of Cincinnati (the very intense, highly venerated WEBN "Riverfest" show). I have gone to it almost every time last 30 years, and I have a very good well practiced plan I used the last 6 or 7 times to beat MOST of the gridlock afterwards... I park at a location that is about a 45min walk from the show, that is right by the freeway, and walk up there... it's a little tiring but not much. Get to a spot behind people on the floodwall who had been camping out there all day, put on my headphones tuned to the station for the soundtrack and wait about an hour, which is the most tedious part. Then when its done, hightail it back to the car. Just me on my own, so there's no one to loose or keep track of. I know the area so well I could do the walk with my eyes closed, and the whole thing is VERY familiar to me, so anxiety should not be an issue.

ANYWAY I have not tried the DOC yet (but am VERY experienced in all sorts of psychedelics and RCs) and am thinking of trying a first-time dose of 2mg, of the purple batch for this From what I've read that SHOULD be in the moderate range of strength.

I know it tends to be speedy and so I am thinking that it should make the walk a breeze. But I am wondering how others have felt exerting themselves like this on DOC, and also standing around waiting in an enormous crowd but I will be at the BACK of 99.999% of them in my vicinity, so I won't be crowded in or smooshed in any way at all... behind me might be a couple people then a downsloping hill in the direction back to the car with mostly empty space when the show is over, though it quickly fills with people leaving.

Does the speedy energy tend to keep you feeling "UP" and in a positive headspace? Or is there any likelihood of getting dizzy or fatigued or upset about the crowd? I've done this event on shrooms (which were frankly a bit much in this throng but I handled it fine), LSD (fine & excellent), 2C-I (about perfect actually, with its speediness and anti-headfuck clear-mind tendencies). But I was hoping for something a bit more visual than 2C-I which only tends to enhance colors and give trails, so was thinking DOC might be more perfect. The dose is really the only issue, and the fact that it will be my 1st time doing it.

Any thoughts about this plan or stories from others who have done anything remotely similar while on a modest hit of DOC greatly appreciated.

Dwayne, I think DOC is one of the most social and positive psychs there is and should be great for a crowd. I've taken it at several concerts in upwards of 4mg to very good effect. If you are experienced, I doubt you'll have any problems with 2mg in a crowd.

Hey IamMe... would you suggest dosing say 3 hours (typical comeup time I've read) before the show... or perhaps more than that say 4hrs or even 6 prior since it lasts so long and to allow some extra time to get accustomed to it before venturing into the fray?

I'm not usually a social tripper atleast in big groups but IMO DOC would be one of the ones I wouldn't mind doing in a large setting. Its pretty calm even when its say agitating during the come up or something. I also find walking on DOC to be easy, probably because of the stimulation and actually mostly find myself doing things like, chopping firewood, cleaning, or pretty much anything that involves somewhat full body movement during the come up. 3 hours in is when I would take a break and start relaxing. As far as dosing, you might as well do it a few hours early since like you stated this one has atleast a 12 hour duration for everyone and never lasts under 20 hours for me personally, like you said you will be able to become comfortable in your trip.

Besides that I plan on trying 2c-P+DOC in around a month or so. Have to venture back a little into the P realm first.

Kay, I'll try it myself eventually then I guess ha.

Incidentally, I'm wondering about the possibility of psychosis with DOC?
Given it's classifications, coupled with the intensity of the hallucinations..
I've heard it is very lucid, and even proactive in thought processes, originality, and even functioning though.

Might be giving this little baby another ride tomorrow night - at a relatively low dose (3-4 mg max), though may insuffliate it exclusively, as I a) want a relatively short trip, and b) want to build a cross-section of its effects via this ROA. Of course, much depends on how many things I manage to get done tomorrow - have quite a few things to sort out.

To the poster above, the only way you'll be able to characterise its effects using that ROA is to try it yourself. Very few people (relatively speaking) have taken DOC, even fewer have smoked it. Hell I may even try this myself one day. All I will say, especially given the lack of data on safety, is start low (1-2 mg maximum), and leave it a while before redosing. I would have absolutely no idea how the bioavailability parameters differ according to the differing ROA's, and I'm not sure that data exists online (I'll probably have a little look later on).

Last edited:
Vaporizing produces approximately the same experience in effect and duration from all anecdotal reports, it would seem, but there isn't enough data on that subject to say anything conclusive, I don't believe.

Hello! Today we tried 1.5mg~ with friends and fucking shit, we found it to be more intensive than at 3mg. Very strange chemical indeed.
At 1.5mg it's a lot like some sort of hell strong stimulant, my jaw hurts damn. My jaw didn't hurt on 3mg, not even when chemical stopped working. (Next day jaw fine).
At 1.0mg it is completely different, it just gives you good mood.

What the fuck? Any one noticed something similar?

Experiences vary from time to time. I've had +4's on small doses and +3's on huge doses. I find i'm the kind of person who receives all the side effects with none of the positives most times from low dose trips, maybe your similar.

Experiences vary from time to time. I've had +4's on small doses and +3's on huge doses. I find i'm the kind of person who receives all the side effects with none of the positives most times from low dose trips, maybe your similar.

Makes sense, same thing happens in 2c-x drugs but never thought about it. Until now, I am kinda afraid of taking DOC because of that. Maybe higher doses gives you much more euphoric push, changing experience completely.

I know I already asked this earlier, but now my question is more specific: I took some 4-aco-dmt last saturday. If I dose DOC this friday, will there be any cross-tolerance issues?

Bumping this question in hopes of some responses. I really would like to try DOC for this DJ event, but not if the cross-tolerance will greatly diminish the effects.

Bumping this question in hopes of some responses. I really would like to try DOC for this DJ event, but not if the cross-tolerance will greatly diminish the effects.

All psychedelics product cross tolerance to a degree. However, 6 days in between these two should be fine as long as your dose isn't extremely minute, I'd say.

So do you think 3mgs of DOC will be suitable for a social night out after 25mgs of 4-aco last week?

Status
Not open for further replies.