View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DOC Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done DOC 3 times now, and each time I've taken it on a Friday night at 11pm, without sleeping since the morning, and been up until 11 the next night. The first 8-12 hours of the trip are quite psychedelic, and then the plateau starts. I usually lie down in my bed for about 2 hours during this time and just kind of trance out in half-sleep, as the drug is amazingly gentle on the body. For me, the plateau has been quite a bit less psychedelic, and the visuals fade most of the way, and I emerge from the psychedelic haze, so to speak, into an extremely coherent, quick thinking, and humorous stage that I truly love. I can see how some people might think they were down, since it's no longer very visual or as intense, but it's most definitely still an acute effect of the drug.

I love the two stages of DOC. The first is deep and crazy and very memorable, and the second is a truly wonderful mood and state of mind that allows for integration of the experience and a wonderful state of mind that seems to last and last.

I've certainly not reached a breakthrough dose on DOC and I truly do not feel that I understand what it has to offer yet. I'm just slowly moving up in the dosage levels as I find the trip to be rewarding and remarkably enjoyable anyway. Eventually I will break through, and I have a feeling it will be amazing.

i don't like DOC, it had me pissing every 5 minutes and i felt way too sped up. DOC gets a thumbs down from me. im gonna stick to the shrooms if i want to trip. i don't think this drug will take off, there are better alternatives as previously stated. the only future i can see for DOC would be for people selling it as LSD.

Last edited:
So I took 5mg of DOC earlier today. Let me say that 5mg is quiiiite different than 2mg. It was pretty intense from about T+2 to T+4 hours. I had lots of strange body feelings. I got kind of sleepy for a little bit (people have been mentioning this too, and I find that SO strange!). I had that anxious PEA 'coming up' feel where it's like your mind/body is anticipating something but you dont know why or what. The bathroom tiles started swirling and climbed up the walls. That was actually the first real tripping visual I've had that did something that I knew just wasn't there.

I don't know about you guys, but it seems to go into a different phase after about 4 hours. Almost all of the body effects go away, that strange feel of anticipation went away, and I feel a lot calmer. Just kind of high, trippy thinking, with some enhanced colors and stuff. I really like the latter phase, and it fortunately lasts a lot longer than that initial intense peak.

Last edited:
Another one in the DOC-isn't-THAT-great camp

%) After ingesting (2mg) DOC for the first time about 24 hours ago and having now woken up after 6 hours of alprazolam-induced sleep I have to say it really is far too long and a bit tiring / strenuous on the body after so many hours... I value how the compound's ability to allow me to let my emotions wash over me while at the same time to stand back and reflect quite soberly on this... also, excellent visuals at some stage, visuals definitely on par with a reasonably strong acid trip. I also appreciate the great access to acceptance and wisdom the compound seems to offer. It allowed me to be creative, but it really, really, really does get groggying after so many hours... it is metabolised a little slowly, and for me it wasn't entirely without body issues (high body temperature, bloated red face with blotchy skin at the T+12hour mark following the insufflation of a mere 30mg of K and the ingestion of 1mg 5-MeO-DIPt and 3mg MIPT <-- don't even ask why I did this!! I really can't even begin to explain) ... after benzo induced sleep and some coral mineral and activated charcoal and sea salt intake as well as heaps of liquids my face now looks quite normal again though and I probably don't look worse than anyone who had a few beers too many the night before though ;)

I could imagine taking this compound again, probably at a higher dose (6mg??) in order to experience the much-touted "vortex reality" but I feel that this maybe at least a year or so in the future. The diifficult metabolisation that psychedelic amphetamines (I had some body issues with DOI, too) seem to have for my body even at 2mg and the ensuing extremely long duration really make this something I will be mostly staying away from in the future.

I'd stick to 2mg or so the first like, like you did, but I feel the compounds really nice effects do not begin until higher doses are taken. I don't mean batshit insane ones, but something like 4-6mg or so.

Unfortunately, the length increases with the dose increase, IMO.

Hmm... I haven't even ever come close to puking on DOC, and I have it in a water and alcohol suspension and absorb it mostly sublingually, all at once. It just seems to come on slowly enough that it never bothers my stomach at all.

An another note, that 4mg experience I mentioned the other day was really intense and very different from my other experiences. I'll be writing a report soon. I didn't reach this "vortex reality", but the entire experience (friday and saturday) felt totally unreal. I experienced time in very strange ways - it was 2:47 for about half the night it seems, then it was 6:30, then it was 4:50, etc, etc... I tried reading some ketamine trip reports on Erowid because at lower dosages I've found it to greatly enhance my ability to "get into" a written report or other piece of literature and feel like the experience has happened to me, but I just had the same one up from 2am to 6:30 or 8:40, whichever it was when I went to bed. I just kept reading tiny sections of it and then getting stuck into some massive train of thought. Strangely, there wasn't anything I'd call a body "load", but the intense energy running through my body was making me constantly squirm about, in a pleasant but very insistent way. I went to bed at some point as it was getting light, and I don't remember falling asleep, just closing my eyes and then opening them, afetr existing in a field of color. I honestly felt a little possessed or something ther whole time, like my body was being occupied by myself and something else and I only had partial control.

Very weird. This was certainly more memorable (though disjointed) than my lower dosages, but VERY different.

Oh, and I really love the length of DOC. The other very long-lasting drugs like 5-MeO-AMT (ick) that I've tried have lasted annoyingly long, but I just love the next day with DOC, where you're into the second leg of the journey. it makes for a fun Saturday where I'm in a great and curious and joyful mood with an awesome body buzz. I also react much better to small amounts of alcohol on that day after, as generally even small amounts of alcohol make me feel kind of poisoned and gross.

Xorkoth said:
I honestly felt a little possessed or something ther whole time, like my body was being occupied by myself and something else and I only had partial control.

I get this with virtually every drug, psychedelic or not. Few are subtle enough to make me forget I am on something. Especially after I have not been using for a while or if I have been fasting and/or meditating a lot beforehand.

DOC is one of the very few drugs that upset my stomach so much that I had to vomit. The vomiting itself was quick and painless though, and I felt better afterwards. Thi happened at the 3-hour mark, when it was beginning to kick in properly (2mg)

By posessed, I mean that I felt like something else was occupying my brain, but that I wasn't aware of it at the time. Like some sort of delerium. It's a little creepy to think back on my night and realize that I remember it in little non-sequential flashes. What did I even do the whole time? Hell if I know.

But the visuals were absolutely incredible, by far the most unique and "celestial" looking I've ever seen. 2C-E my first time gave stronger and more classic visuals, but 4mg of DOC did things I'd never imagined before.

I never experienced the possessed feeling on my trials (4.5mg and 6mg) of DOC and felt very in control. I did not find the physical effects of DOC to be pleasant either but I was able to put them in the background..

Perhaps DOC has a disossiative quality to it, for those of you that experience this possessed feeling? I know that Ketamine and high doses of DXM cause me to feel very out of control and on "auto-pilot", as it were.

When I am dancing on 2C-I, I feel extremely possessed...it is like my spine breaks apart from my brain and plugs into the music and I can almost watch myself tossing and flipping glowsticks in ways I never thought possible. This is DOC thread though... I have yet to experience DOC during a rave so perhaps it will be woth a shot. If it is anything similar to LSD though, I will just be just sitting there watching the lights with a permagrin...which I have feeling it would be (no complaints, grant you!)

Are glass eye droppers the best thing to store this in? Where's the best place to get a glass dropper(other then the net)?

A glass vial would be ideal, or a screw cap test tube, something like that.

Make sure you mark it as poison, DOC, something like that so someone doesn't use it by accident (this stuff does happen).

(I also cut a handful of irrelevant/OT posts. This thread is too big for that stuff)

Well, i tried DOC at 5mgs and had a very meh experience. Almost nothing visual to speak of despite the hype, and it left me with an overstimulated feeling I would vageuly call "tripping" and a skullcrushing headache that lasted a good 8 hours(started at around the 6 hour mark). Although weed added somewhat to it, which led me to smoking inordinate amounts of "white shark". Welp, so much for first impressions. Next time I will have to try more to see if this puppy can achieve lift off.

I've been taking DOC daily for a couple weeks now and I want to write up a TR but meangirl always bitches about retrospective TR's.... uh and its work and I want to play and I got so much homework but I want to hear you guys feedback.. I guess I'll wait till the flow ebbs tonight...

Wow, daily, eh? Well, if there was any psychedelic to do daily, I'd choose DOC... but that's just too much for me. Gotta have some normality in there to make it special... in any case, I'd like to see that report.

Oh, and I knew someone in high school who basically went psychotic and attacked the police, and they realized that's what went on and just brought him to the hospital. Not all cops like ruining young peoples' lives for something that they realize was a mistake on that person's part.

DOC Usage Frequency Data

Some preliminary data from a survey on DOC indicates that:

40.9 % reported using DOC 1 time
36.4 % reported using DOC 2-5 times
9.1 % reported using DOC 5-10 times
13.6 % reported using DOC 10-20 times

2 respondents skipped this question

These numbers are from an anonymous survey so they may be skewed, though it is likely that they are fairly reliable (no really big outliers so far). If anything they may slightly underrepresent the number of uses as some respondents may have used DOC additional times since the survey was completed. In general though, the data points to most persons (77.3 % ) having used DOC 1-5 times in total.

I B

Has anyone tried plugging DOC thus far? I've followed this thread from the beginning, but I cannot recall anyone posting that they actually did plug.

Has anyone tried sublingual DOC successfully? I tried 1mg DOC sublingually two weeks ago, got little effects, barely threshold, got very minor CEVs after smoking cannabis. Didn't notice much else in terms of the DOC, except a very minor "presence" that something more than cannabis was effecting me. This presence went away after about 6-7 hours.

Last week I tried a 1.25mg sublingual dose. I got low, but noticeable effects out of the DOC. After smoking cannabis, I got distinct CEVs, but nothing to write home about. My open-eye vision seemed 'sharper.' Also, I could feel a psychedelic mindstate creeping up, but never quite took hold. I more or less just got a little "confused." Laughing seemed to come more easily. Duration was about 6-8 hours again.

My main question is regarding the method of absorption. My first trial was by swiping up 1mg of DOC from a glass plate with my finger, and wiping my finger off (and hopefully the DOC) under my tongue. After not swallowing any saliva for about 45 minutes, I spit all the saliva out of my mouth. Do you think this was efficient? Specifically, was 45 minutes enough time for the DOC to absorb?

My second trial was with improvised blotter paper (140lb. watercolor paper). I ended up having to use EIGHT square inch pieces of paper to absorb all of the alcohol/DOC solution. I kept these eight pieces of paper under my tongue for about 30 minutes, then sort of mashed them up with my teeth, but still kept them in my mouth, for another half hour. After having the paper in my mouth for 60 minutes, and not swallowing any saliva, I spit everything out.

Is 45-60 minutes enough time for the DOC to absorb sublingually (considering it's supsended in blotter paper)? Also, how do you suggest I concentrate my DOC/alcohol solution so, for instance, .25ml = 1mg as opposed to 1ml = 1mg? I was thinking I could just drop out the dose I want onto a piece of aluminum foil, let most of the alcohol evap, then dip the blotter in the (smaller) pool of alcohol. But, as the alcohol evaporates, won't it leave behind some DOC clinging to the walls of the aluminum foil?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I've always taken DOC sublingually because for some reason I always end up dosing it shortly after eating. I have it dissolved in a solution containing probably 35% ethanol and the rest distilled water, and I hold it under my tongue for about 15 minutes and swallow. It starts at about 45 minutes to an hour, and hits fully around 2 to 2.5 hours in, with a peak at maybe 4 hours.

I very much doubt it's any different from oral consumption, unless you're trying to avoid having it slowed down by the contents of your stomach.

I've taken DOC at 2.7mg, 4.4mg and 7mg, a couple of weeks spaced apart.

The first time I took it @ 2.7mg I think I was surprised at how deep it took me into a field of Gaiain connectivity... with full power earth/human activation which was archetyptally yogic in its imagery and energy.

I also found I was also to go deep into releasing limitations based on conceptions or images I had made of life before I was five years old... very strong releases here...

I found I was able to let go and come into a sense of stillness and transparency which enabled my energy body to move and free itself from the chains of emotional denial...

At this dose the +3 effects would have only lasted a few hours... I dosed at 6.30am and was able to sleep fine that night with a little valium.

When I took it @ 4.4mg, it was not signifcantly stronger, I felt like I sincerely cracked something open with the first dose and this dose was consolidating that.

Most of the time, I let my jaw go, and shake and just release fear... I could see a visual/organic field, but I was separate from it... kind of like mushrooms, very orange and brown.

It was a very pleasant contemplative day....no major revelations.

On that day, I took it at 8.30am and got to sleep @ 2am.

A couple of week later, I took 7mg to see what would happen if I went "in there" for a number of hours... having no idea what to expect really. I took it at 3pm.

This was an unexpectably strong dose.... it was truly psychedelic in the way that 1000 mics of clean acid is.

The messages and imprints and visuals coming through were very different though, they had their own texture and particular perspective... I was able to go about as deep into my own somatic and emotional, genetic imprints as I have ever gone... allowing much realisation and seeing.

I am someone who has been working intensively with ayahuasca for 6 years or so... so it was surprising to me that I was able to go this far with this material!

(ayahuasca tends to be quite cosmic for me!)

Now, the other thing is that it took about two weeks to feel fully physically repaired from this experience... it was definately communicated to me that this compound could very well be deleterious at high doses.

And so I couldn't recommend a dose as high as 7mg whatsoever!

I also couldn't recommend DOC as an LSD replacement... as a 'tripping' tool... it is just too serious and hardcore... it cuts very deep and yet has something of a throwaway disposable cartoonish element to it.... the compound came to once and pronounced its full chemical name in a radiohead ok computer voice, and said, "they call me the christ maker!" and I had this image of "DOC" as a "Bender" like figure operating on "the average age of the combat psychonaught - 19", on a stretcher... perhaps a bit too Dr Nickish for my liking!

I also heard yells and should and squeels of urban violence and gang warfare and of kids challenging each other to take more and more DOC.

I also felt there were beings using this compound to take readings and survaille humanity.

I didn't feel comfortable with the morphic fabric of this material, seemingly being relatively young Nth Americans... a very slanted perspective of the world...

(their skin screases are becoming darkier and dorkier!)

After the profusion of personal information and processing, I blacked out, screaming and convulsing for a few hours... I don't remember most of this... so I am told.

I am used to this kind of thing at high doses of any psychedelic... and it doesn't concern me, if I am coming into contact with my own pain or there is some kind of struggle or movement there, I feel this is something positive.

I "came to" at about 3am...feeling surprisingly positive...much had been revealed certainly!

There is real power in this material. It cuts deep... at one point, I was watching the setting sun and felt the energy move through my body and spiral through my body, feeling very penetrated by it all...

I took DOB six years and it changed my life, in the way it allowed me to connect and work with various levels of psychic and earth energies...

I feel the value in these series of compounds lies in connecting with the earth and consciously choosing to work through, particulary deep emotional material blocking ones growth and progress.

The text book for DOC I would suggest is Chogyam Trungpa's "The Myth of Freedom"

http://www.translatum.gr/buddhism/trungpa-chogyam.htm

A quote from this book:

"The purpose of a true spiritual friend is to insult you!"

Julian.

Status
Not open for further replies.