View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DOC Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well 10mg of DOM would be enough for me to be hard pushed to think of when I'd want to do it (ie. too much for usual settings such as festival, camping in the great outdoors etc). I think it'd have to be one of those times that you've specially set aside for one of those 'soul-searching' trips.

As such, I think that if I were to try DOC it'd be in the 1-1.5mg first time* and never greater than 3mg except for the above 10mg of DOM conditions.

* - First 'proper dose'; as usual, I'd take a 0.1-0.2mg dose for my first ever exposure to make sure I didn't have any idiosyncratic reaction

I have a question..

If you were to take .7mg DOC and then take another .7mg 2 hours later would 2 hours after that would it feel roughly like you had taken 1.4mg all at once?
Any other thoughts on this method of dosing?

^^^

The two times I took DOC it had a rather fast come up, with effects within the first hour and strong effects by T+2 hours. So I would say if you spread a dose out that far apart you'd get a slightly weaker but longer lasting experience then if you took it all at once.

I personally find the method of spreading out doses usefull with some psychedelics, but not others. It slows the total come up time, making it easier to settle into the experience. It also lenghthens the total duration, which may or may not be desirable. I generally like to do it with shorter lasting materials, to slow the come up and the come down. With DOC, the comedown is kinda long, and the come up wasn't too fast for me, so I wouldn't want to do it that way. But its a matter of personal preference.

This is getting annoying as hell...(DOC and scale questions)

Okay, this is the 4th time I've typed out this thread, and yet, for one reason or another, this is the first time it's (hopefully) readable by others. First time it told me I'm not logged in, then I log in and everything I've typed is erased. Second time I posted it, but it got glitched and turned into a wierd "Big and Dandy DOC Thread", and of course, what I had typed was nowhere to be found. Then I typed it all out again, and once again, I tried to post and it said I wasn't logged in. I log in, and yet again, everything is erased. And I was logged in already both times. This is the shortened version of the old thread. And yeah, I know there was some kind of software problem, but I'm posting this again because I really need an answer within a few hours.

Anyway, someone I know has 2.5 mg of DOC and wants to know if he takes it at ~8:00 pm, if he'll be straight enough to seem normal (if perhaps a bit tired) by about 16-18 hours later? In other words, those of you who've tried it, about how long through the trip was it before you feel you could have at least acted "normally" around others? Include dose, tolerance, and other drugs taken if possible.

Also, if one is going to be measuring out DOC with a scale, would one accurate to 2 mg work if he used the solution method (for instance measure out 15 mg, then dissolve in 15 mL of alcohol and dose by measuring out mL's)? Seems to me like it would be fine if done that way, as inaccuracies would seem to be in the fraction of a mg range, but I'm not entirely sure (obviously it wouldn't work if one were measuring out individual doses with the scale). If it won't work, what's about the cheapest mg scale I can get that would accurately and consistently measure 1-5 mg doses?

The length will vary immensely depending on the chemistry of your body -- I've seen people down and out in 12 hours, and still rolling along at a +2 30 hours later (this was around 2mg with no tolerance). Most people seem to fall between 12-24 hours, with some residue following for a while. I wouldn't plan on appearing normal for anything in any less than 24 hours.

The best solution for weighing in this case is liquid, like you stated -- unless you're confident your scale works well to fractions of mgs (a scale with this precision will probably run you over a thousand USD).

I would suggest using liquid measurement for such a small amount of DOC.

If you have a scale accurate to +/- 2mg or so, you can weigh out 20mg and add that to 20ml of alcohol. Then each ml will contain 1mg of DOC once it's fully dissolved.

Even a scale accurate to 1mg will not give you an accurate enough reading if you just try to weigh out 2.5mg.

As for duration... chances are you will be able to look somewhat normal after 18 hours, but you may still be experiencing minor visuals and some body energy from the DOC at this point. It's up to you how "normal" you actually have to be. If your parents or somebody else already suspects drug use, you might want to give yourself a little more time.

Also, some people continue to "trip" for 24 hours from DOC... although 12-18 hours is more typical.

How can one avoid vomiting when taking DOC?

Hi guys,

What is the best way to go about this?

Dose on an empty stomach? Dose with a meal? Dose an hour or so after a meal?

After dosing, when is it okay to eat again?

I've taken DOC twice. Once on a full stomach and once on an empty stomach.

I highly recommend taking DOC on a full stomach, the nausea is non-existent and it does not reduce the intensity or duration of the trip at all.

I plan on taking DOC with at least some food in me from now on.

I would recomend taking it about an hour after a meal, preferably something not too heavy, like chicken teriyaki or something. Don't eat a huge meal, maybe half of what you normally would eat, and don't eat anything that is very spicy or acidic.

Also, if you're one of the folks who gets chronic nausea on psychs, apparently taking some dramamine about an hour before helps.

I haven't gotten any nausea from DOC, and I've taken it on an absolutely empty stomach and after eating a meal.

But I have gotten some mild nausea from some other compounds. One thing that I found was if I laid down when I was coming on, and then stood up, I would get sick (maybe from the contents of my stomach moving around?) But if I went about the house doing things as I came up there was no problems.

If you feel the nausea, let yourself throw up. It's really not that bad, and you will feel a whole lot better right away.

My first dose, i took 2mg somewhere between 30 and 45min afte eating a large amount of french fries from a fast food joint. It make me feel like I had bad acid reflux, and really bothered me for a while.

So the next time (6mg), I didn't eat for 5 hours or so before dosing. I ended up sitting by the toilet for maybe 10 minutes around the 2 hours mark. I felt like I needed to spew so bad, but I just couldn't. I slammed about 8 ounces of water and tried to gag myself. It didn't really work. I ended up vomiting like teaspoon of water, and I don't think I would have done that had I not been trying to make myself throw up and get it over with.

The nausea cleared up soon after that. Its pretty common for me to get fairly nauseous during the early part of a phenethylamine trip though

DOC Data & Thread Summary

OK More Data folks. One analyzed all reports on this Bluelight thread up to 12:00 AM EST 21.1.2006 (831 total posts). One tried to summarize all clearly reported doses of DOC (63) and include interesting errata for some possible overview data.

5.80 mg. Overall Average Reported Dose.
4.00 mg. Average Reported Dose if one throws out the 9 reports > 10mg.

ERRATA:

Several persons reported notable threshold activity around 250-300 micrograms (0.25-0.3 mg.).

Several persons reported very strong responses (‘fully active,’ ‘intense,’ ‘+++’) in the 1-1.5 mg. range.

At least one post alleged no effects at 4 mg.

Some reports of rectal administration.

A report of an accidental dose of 15-20 mg. rectally due to the compound being mistaken for 2C-C/2C-I.

A report of 3-6 mg. insufflated and a report of 10 mg. insufflated.

psychicpsycho reported an ingestion of 15 mg. that pretty much had him ‘done’ with psychedelics.

blab reported notable tolerance when running up dosing as follows: 1,2,3,5,8,13,17,22mg.

crowbar reported taking doses from 0.5 mg up to 20 mg. with adverse effects being noted around 20 mg.

Nuke commented on DOB mortality in the 25-35 mg. range, possibly suggesting that all dosing should remain well below 25 mg.

Blue Dolphin noted side effects as:
“Nausea: 10%
Vomiting: 5% (half of the "nausea" group)
Body Temp Issues: 10%
"Weird Smells": 3%
Excess Stimulation: 15%
Inability to Sleep past the 20-hour mark: 35%”

gloggawogga noted some of the following reported side-effects:
“Chest pressure/pain.
Stomach pain
body temperature instability
muscle twitching/shaking
lethargy
nausea/vomiting.
seizures”

The reported doses used to calculate below:

250 ug
.25mg
0.3mg
0.5mg
1mg
1mg
1mg
1.4mg
2mg
2 mg
2mgs
2mg
2mg
2mg
2.5mg
2 ½
2.5 mg
2-4mgs
3mg
3mg
3 mgs
3 mgs REC
3mg
3mg-6mg INS
4mg,
4mg
4+4mg
4mg
4mg no effects
4mg
4 mgs
4.4mg
4-5mg
5mg
5mg
5mg
5mg
5 mg
5-6mg
6mg
6mg
6mg
6-7mg
7mg
8mgs
8mg
10mg DM
10mgs
10mg INS
11.5mg
12 mg. DM
15mg Psychicpsycho
15-20 REC???
20mg DM

I B

Last edited:
I'd like to add that I dont hallucinate at all and when I do it is very rare ....with DOC i didnt have open /closed eye visuals although I was trippping hard in the sense that you just "feel" it...the body buzz is really strong. Sort of like how the world looks to me just prior to my K hole. Anyway I noticed the next day after I took (4 mgs)...i was walking to the carpark to get my car at around 9 pm, there were rainbow color crowns on all the streetlights.
I got to thinkin, damn, thats probably an aftereffect.

Quite unrelated to recent posts but still related to DOC:

Has anyone on this board smoked the substance? Wikipedia briefly mentions this as route of administration. Just wondering what I'd want to pay attention to (apart from probably a swift come-up) - especially regarding dose and duration, but also other effects.

I'm kinda hoping someone will tell me the experience will be a few hours shorter that way ;-)

Ximot said:
Quite unrelated to recent posts but still related to DOC:

Has anyone on this board smoked the substance? Wikipedia briefly mentions this as route of administration. Just wondering what I'd want to pay attention to (apart from probably a swift come-up) - especially regarding dose and duration, but also other effects.

I'm kinda hoping someone will tell me the experience will be a few hours shorter that way ;-)

I smoked 0.75mg to boost my trip about 6 hours into it. I felt it almost instantly, it was only a modest boost in intensity though.

I have also smoked DOI twice. First time 1.5mg split into two doses about 30 minutes apart with a high dose of poppies, second time 2.5mg split into 2 doses about 10 minutes apart. It takes effect immediately and peaks in under five minutes. The duration is about the same as oral, maybe a little shorter. It feels quite different from an oral dose and mentally not as interesting. Visuals are just as strong though.

The potency of DOI did not seem to be increased much if at all but if you try smoking it, be careful with the dose. It is likely that some of the chemical was destroyed by the heat, it did leave a little bit of black residue.

I don't know how potent DOC would be smoked because the only time I did it was while tripping on an oral dose and there was a lot of tolerance due to that. I may smoke a small dose when I have the time, just out of curiosity. If I try it, I will post my results in this thread.

So, this is a kind of mini-trip report that I think is suitable to stay in this thread without me making a whole different thread for it.

I took 2mg of this stuff 9 hours ago.

Didn't feel anything for an hour. Then it just felt like a percocet for the next hour. Then for the next hour (3rd hour) it got quite intense and I had some minor visual effects. The only visuals I got lasted maybe 20 minutes and were nothing to write home about. After this experience, I realize that taking a drug to see cool things is somewhat childish. There'a a lot more you can do with your brain than see some cool fractals, guys.

From the three hour point on, it didn't feel like I was tripping at all (I've done mushrooms, salvia, and 2C-I before, so I'm not just saying that). I just felt 'turned on' to life. I was and am completely happy with everything that I am and everything that is. I read "Remember, Be Here Now" and it seemed to go with what I was thinking really well.

This didn't feel like a drug for me once 3 hour had passed. I felt almost 100% sober except for the fact that I was inredibly happy. I suppose I started 'coming down' after about 7 hours. Some effects are still persisting, but it's more or less just some kind of weird feeling in my head.

I don't know if it's because 2 mg was a low dose. But really, I feel it just kinda flicked on some kind of switch in my head and I'm changed in a way that makes me really happy with everything. It brought me to a place that I no longer need a drug to get to.

This isn't just a drug. It didn't change me. It let me change myself.

Last edited:
Ive yet to have a sad or bad DOC trip. The only sad DOx compound trip i had was my 3rd DOI trip at 5mg. This stuff seems to keep you really happy. I used to have to have downers to end the trip after like 12 hours but now i just let it fade you come down gradually. i like it all but im done with it because i did it way too much and we dont really know anything about it.

CastorTroy said:
This isn't just a drug. It didn't change me. It let me change myself.

/\ CT, I'm curious to know whether you will still stick to this statement when you are no longer in the afterglow of the substance (which could be anything up to two weeks, I guess) - I mean, whether you feel that the change may be a permanent one or whether it's a temporary chemical alteration that provided a profound mood lift not based on your perception of things - or whether your perception has indeed changed and brought about a long-term mood/outlook boost.

Ximot said:
/\ CT, I'm curious to know whether you will still stick to this statement when you are no longer in the afterglow of the substance (which could be anything up to two weeks, I guess) - I mean, whether you feel that the change may be a permanent one or whether it's a temporary chemical alteration that provided a profound mood lift not based on your perception of things - or whether your perception has indeed changed and brought about a long-term mood/outlook boost.
well it's now T+31 hours. I have felt pretty sober all day, and I still retain my happy perspective on everything that I didn't have before taking this stuff. When I go outside, I actually almost feel high again, even though I am definitely not (most of my trip was done outside, and the whole world just seems more beautiful now). But I can't say what it will be like two weeks after taking it...well because I'm probably going to be doing it at least that often =D (probably never more than once a week, though)

Last edited by a moderator:
jimmyHIP said:
Anyone else get sleepy on DOC? i do sometimes.
I was somewhat sleepy between T+1h and T+3h. It made me really relaxed, and the sleepy part felt quite good. But from T+3h to like T+6h I was somewhat hyper.

Status
Not open for further replies.