• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOB Thread

I tripped on 2.3mg DOB yesterday, second trip. First time was on what I think are old GG blotters, or at least one was.

This time it's powder that I stumbled upon, there's a lot in circulation so it wouldn't surprise me if it would pop up for years to come (also on blotters).
Effects were DOB-like but it wasn't DOB, very cloudy instead of sharp and fast, not as much stimulation, it didn't feel like a coming together of effects at the peak, more like hazy wishwash. At like +7 I was mostly down and there was some residual stimulation left, I easily went to sleep at +14 with 1mg of etizolam, this should be the biggest giveaway. Not very fun, not very deep. I'm gonna have it tested at some point, but I'm fairly sure that it's gonna come back as DOB. If anyone ever has a similar experience, please share, it's possible that it's just all me, but I think it's highly unlikely as I remember very well what the DOB headspace is like.

Finally just got my paws on some of this stuff gonna trial DOB when im off next week. Gonna take 2.5mgs im thinking that should be more than enough to give me a full look at what this one has to offer. I've been looking forward to this one for over ten years this drug caught my intrest when I first got into doing Phenethylamines but I havent gotten around to it until now. Gotten the opportunity to try out à number of new DOx the past couple years it truly been something spécial, they are one of my favorite familys for sure.

Good luck! Imo it's an amazing drug, by far my most recreational drug experience ever, hours of brilliant ecstasy.
I'm guessing you have the powder that has been floating around, I had a so so experience on it (atypical) but it's possible external factors were in play. I'm gonna have my powder tested soon.

I would welcome opinions from those who have taken this. I have sat on 2 blotters (1.4mg each) for a few years now since this is one of the few psychedelics I am a bit scared to try due to the extreme length and oft reported unpleasant stimulation and other bodyload effects. Now generally a good many of us find Shulgins doses on the low side and sometimes (2CC/2CD) preposterously low but almost no one seems to venture beyond Shulgins 3mg top end; given most of my experience I have the suspicion that any less than 2.8mg would lead to a disappointing ‘underdose’ mentally but I’d like to know if many are really finding around 3mg too strong? Also I have a strong tendency towards reporting much longer durations than average for pretty much all the psychedelics I have tried; I hope it isn’t the case but suspect at least 30hrs out of it which is a nightmare it’s self but that is another issue altogether and just me but I’d be interested to hear peoples thoughts on dosage before / if I take the plunge - I go hot and cold on actually trying this stuff given the not entirely good reception the stuff gets (even taking out all the reports sold as LSD which wouldn’t give the best results)

DOB is extremely potent and there is virtually no way 2.8mg is going to be an underdose, it is a very strong dose. Have you tried any other DOXs? Admittedly I have yet to try DOB, but DOC, which is half as potent, is extremely strong at 3mg and I rarely take more than 2mg. Even 1mg is a satisfying trip (which would be equivalent to about a half mg of DOB).

Since you're experienced and only have 2 blotters I would say go for the 2.8mg dose instead of 1.4 but if you experience an underdose effect I would be extremely surprised.

Modern reports generally tend to suggest DOB is not nearly as rough as early reports claimed it to be. I haven't read a recent report of a difficult experience I don't think. The old body of data was so small that a couple of negative reports massively colored the collective view of a drug.

As for the duration, if you experience longer than most (like me), you should expect over 24 hours. The DOXs are very comfortable substances though compared to most other psychedelics, they produce effects that are not difficult to handle and are euphoric on top of that. DOC lasts 24 hours for me, but I love the whole duration and the slow unfolding of effects is part of what is great about the trip, it is absolutely unrushed and the trip itself includes integration of the trip. The first half of the experience involves deconstructing and rebuilding, and the second half of the experience is characterized by strong euphoria and positive introspection and insight as you come back fully into yourself and integrate.

I wasn't thinking 2.8 would be an underdose - more I was worried that any less might be. I have had DOC at 3.6mg (2mg was way to little) and I wouldn't call that +++ but definately not particularly strong - suspect I'd need at least 4mg to be satisfied. Of course Shulgin puts DOC/DOB about equal strength so I am curious as to this measure - half of 2.8 in this case would definitely be an underdose but you haven't validated this finding yourself. As for duration I am expecting at least 30hrs based on experience; I don't think there is any oral drug in phikal/tihkal that the duration wasn't at least as long as the longer figure quoted.

Anyone else on the relative potency of DOC/DOB?

Ah gotcha. Well yeah I would definitely take both then. I am pretty sure you'll be satisfied. :)

My impression from users' experiences here over the years is that DOB is around twice the potency of DOC.

My own sensitivities relative to PIHKAL are all over the map, some I find right on and some far too little. I find 2C-C to be right on the money actually, and 2C-D pretty close too except that I think he misjudged its character as a weak substance and just didn't dose high enough. I find DOM to be far weaker than Shulgin does, but DOC is right on. The weirdest one is DOiP, which Shulgin mentioned in another entry and said up to 40mg was entirely inactive, but for me, 5mg is pretty active and 12mg bordered on uncomfortable, though still not fully psychedelic really. And others who have tried it recently find it pretty active, too. And I am positive the DOiP myself and others have tried is authentic because I had it lab tested.

I would welcome opinions from those who have taken this. I have sat on 2 blotters (1.4mg each) for a few years now since this is one of the few psychedelics I am a bit scared to try due to the extreme length and oft reported unpleasant stimulation and other bodyload effects. Now generally a good many of us find Shulgins doses on the low side and sometimes (2CC/2CD) preposterously low but almost no one seems to venture beyond Shulgins 3mg top end; given most of my experience I have the suspicion that any less than 2.8mg would lead to a disappointing ‘underdose’ mentally but I’d like to know if many are really finding around 3mg too strong? Also I have a strong tendency towards reporting much longer durations than average for pretty much all the psychedelics I have tried; I hope it isn’t the case but suspect at least 30hrs out of it which is a nightmare it’s self but that is another issue altogether and just me but I’d be interested to hear peoples thoughts on dosage before / if I take the plunge - I go hot and cold on actually trying this stuff given the not entirely good reception the stuff gets (even taking out all the reports sold as LSD which wouldn’t give the best results)
2.8mg will probably be very strong. It must be about 6-8mg of DOC if I had to guess, though I haven't gone that far with DOC, 5mg DOC was nowhere close in intensity.
People tend to say that above 2mg is where the real magic happens, and based on my one trip I can see why. But I don't think 1.4mg will be an underdose either way, I don't think 0.7 mg would be a waste either, that's the way I'd split it (0.7 + 2.1), but that might be a controversial opinion.
As far as DOB goes, I think it's a fantastic and incredibly fun drug, but very heavy, be prepared for extreme stimulation and a long duration. If things do go right, I wouldn't worry too much about the duration, it's the experience you know, DOB gives you power, you use it and you just don't want to go to sleep yet.

How is DOBs tolerance- is it unique like 2CB is?
As far as my experiences with DOx:
I have had interesting experiences with DOC where both LSD and ALD-52 felt to have no diminished effects 2-3 days later.. I've tried this two occasions and sure enough no measurable tolerance.