• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DMXE (3-me-2′-oxo-PCE, deoxymethoxetamine) Thread

You can define it that way if you please. My point is that dreaming up molecules is easy, and I don't think any self-respecting person would want full credit for something where they didn't do the hard part.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is a saint either way. :)

The hard part was the conceiving and subsequent human testing. The synthesis is a minor part of the equasion. If the enormous number of failed RC's shows us anything, its that dreaming up a true blockbuster molecule is way harder than synthing.

A lab set out to have 5-APB synthed. The Chinese returned which proved to be 6-APB. They tested it and it was better than the intended molecule.

Last edited:
Tried this at 20mg and 40mg orally and it really felt close to 3-MEO-PCE for me, nothing really special.

After years of dissociative abuse everyday, I stopped for 2 years and was excited to try this compound, but it was a deception (maybe I had very high expectations)

3-MeO-PCP, 2-OXO-PCE and DCK are still on my top three list.

I don't even think that MXE was the holy grail anymore, I think that nostalgia and a lack of tolerance and knowledge on other dissos apart from ketamine was what started all this "I wish MXE was back" thing, but we for sure have got a better disso menu to choose from now 😁

Tried this at 20mg and 40mg orally and it really felt close to 3-MEO-PCE for me, nothing really special.

I don't even think that MXE was the holy grail anymore, I think that nostalgia and a lack of tolerance and knowledge on other dissos apart from ketamine was what started all this "I wish MXE was back" thing, but we for sure have got a better disso menu to choose from now 😁
I didn't think it was special either, sort of dysphoric actually. Although it was easy to hole on, which wasn't something I found with 3-MeO-PCE. Out of the newer crop the only ones I really found enjoyable were MXPr and MXiPr.

That's an interesting thought regarding MXE. For my part I'm inclined to think it was somewhat special. Back when I was using it heavily I was also using DCK, O-PCE, and 3-MeO-PCP from time to time, and didn't find any of them near as worthwhile. Although I did pay a hefty price for some "S-isomer" MXE a couple of summers ago and didn't really enjoy it at all. Perhaps it was actually S-isomer and that was responsible, although I'm inclined to doubt that.

In general ACH synthesis is somewhat involved and you can end up with overbromination, N-desalkyl, and O-desmethyl byproducts which are active in their own right. I think this has historically contributed to the batch variance with these substances, in addition to tolerance. I had this one batch of "MXE" from China that I was able to get a year or so after the ban. It reagent tested as MXE but I'm sure it was something else. Very short acting and euphoric, but less potent and the plugged onset was a little different than that of MXE.

After years of dissociative abuse everyday, I stopped for 2 years and was excited to try this compound, but it was a deception (maybe I had very high expectations)

I have had 2 doses of MXE left for ages, and a year and a half ago I took 30mg orally, thinking, you know, maybe it's just nostalgia. But no, it was pure magic, my vision became insanely sharp and I was able to read signs from farther away than my friend who has 20/20 vision (I am nearsighted but don't wear any corrective lenses). I had a deep experience that was very cathartic and experienced perfect peace and euphoria, and quit drinking for months afterwards.

In retrospect it could easily be that I perceive MXE like that because it was the first disso apart from ketamine I tried, and it felt awesome until I met 3-MeO-PCP and 2-OxO-PCE, that changed the game totally for me. Call me an extremist xDDD

I'm a huge dissohead, and probably permafucked with the tolerance, so 40mg probably were a low dose, I need to retry with a higher dose.

Tried MXiPr recently too, and felt very similar, the comparision with 3-MeO-PCE I did before was probably unfair and untrue, because neither MXiPr or DMXE are really similar to it.

It would be more fair to say it's something between the mania and stimulation of 3-MeO-PCP and the coldness and chilness from 2-OxO-PCE, more on the chill side. Both MXiPr or DMXE felt like they could be potential candidates for holing, with a huge dose or a little help from a psychedelic ;)

A pleasure to come back to Bluelight after so many years guys, I was lurking since a lot, following those new dissos, and with this one I couldn't resist to fall back again :)

I don't even think that MXE was the holy grail anymore, I think that nostalgia and a lack of tolerance and knowledge on other dissos apart from ketamine was what started all this "I wish MXE was back" thing, but we for sure have got a better disso menu to choose from now
I mean, saying something is the holy grail is definitely subject to every one's personal preferences and opinions.
I guess I never really thought of MXE as the holy grail. But I can't deny the experiences I've had and I don't think I can
attribute their profound effects to my naivety.
I haven't tried all the available aryls yet but the few I have tried, including 3-MeO-PCP and DCK, have yet to impress me like that.
And I too have a tiny amount of MXE I can go to for nostalgia's sake.
It sometimes blows my mind how different people can react.
I find MXiPr a lot more holable than DMXE. You'd have to take a pretty large dose of it to have achieve that.
I could not hole with MXiPr, and while I haven't tested DMXE fully yet I can already tell its a stronger chemical for me.
I'm a little envious though that you can take it there.
Maybe I'm just a punk that wants his dissociation to be raw power and all encompassing magic.
But i'm seeing that people just react differently to things.

But i'm seeing that people just react differently to things.

This is true across all drug types, but I feel it's particularly true when talking about dissociatives. I think part of it is people take it for many very different reasons. Some people look for the hypomanic mood-lifting of low doses, others the feel good, opiate-like blanket warmth some of them have, while there's people that just like the wonky weirdness of the dissociative state, and also there's the ones that go for the mind-bending psychedelia of hole experiences. I guess that's part of why people have such differing opinions on these molecules. But also variances in neurochemistry I guess. And even intra-personal variability, at least for me dissos are usually pretty inconsistent, every experience feels a bit different even using the same compound, but that's part of why I find them fascinating.

Already did a total of 1.5 gram insufflation tests (around 20 dosages), not in a row but spaced in weeks or months, so is not apparently addictive or dangerous for me.

Doses around 50-80mg are fine for me, redosing after 2hr if I want to extend the experience..

I hope soon I can do an heroic dose of DMXE + LSD-25 (My best trip was 4 years ago with 80mg of MXE during a +800mics LSD-25 peak.

Anyway, pretty good disso, not so good as MXE, bust so far best analog I've tried since it dissapeared.

Only inconvenience,

- It burns a bit (insufflated) and causes me to "cry" and produce a lot of mocus.

- Little difficulties to pee on first times (like I was on opium or heroin), don't know how kind (or not) is on bladders and that, but I feel fine after my ~20 tests.

- Causes some kind of constipation for 1-2 days with my nasal cavities blocked for a while after a +100mg-150mg day of insufflations, this thing always happens to me with this RC.

Last edited:
Mmmmmm just took a small sip from a 50mg pile in water
Stuffs good, I can feel that classic nerve soothing sensation that Im secretly always thinking about
would really like to see more dose amounts from people
also time frame reports /come up & down time

edit hm it still hasnt really ramped up in effects. I took more of what was already in the water.
I suppose maybe my permatolerance is still high
Trying not to repeat my first MXP experience
(way too much before it really kicked, black out, gibberish, holed)

Last edited:
I totally forgot to add my report here for DMXE.
I took 120mg divided into three doses, the first being half again as large as the next 2, and boosters were chained behind the previous dose by 15-20 minutes. Oral.
I achieved a pretty strong hole like this while watching the original Planet of the Apes on a big tv in an otherwise dark room. Something about the quality of the movie gave me this powerful sensation of deja vu that sort of lead me into a very MXE like hole. The hole was pretty short lived, as something in the movie ended up grounding my thoughts again. Some of those ape masks just looked so damn corny it made me start laughing. While I was holing I got to feel the (in)famous MXE infinite sinking feeling to the point I felt like I was plummeting at certain points. I tried to look at my feet in relation to the sofa just to absolutely convince myself I wasn't about to spill over, but it actually appeared to me as if the couch was tipping over to try and spill me out.
Its definitely rougher around the edges than MXE, but honestly I would describe the effects the same way

My MXE experiences were many years ago but I recalled it having a harder stronger comeup

electron what time span did you notice comeup occuring?

Hmmm, well I feel like I have some really early alerts I feel at about 10 to 15 minutes or so and building up to plateau over the next 30 ish minutes.
I rarely look at the clock while i'm tripping so these are just ball park estimates.

I almost always chain my doses like I described above (well I did with MXE at least) to lengthen the come up and lead me to an ultimately further out place. It worked quite well for me and I will probably push my doses further in the future with more chained boosters

Novel mental fog and palm sweats just slapped me good
thoughts of myself being made of plastic and synthetic chemicals maybe make the nerves feel better than being warm living blob 🤖
i dont think im going to hole, but my breathing feels like it could come close

feels good, maybe a little too good but im not going to start freaking out and make it worse
...also worth noting i took a dab and smoked a bowl during come up.
the delayed weed intensification was interesting
reminiscent of DSK, MXP, DXM
i still dont feel very MXE-y right now

Last edited:
mm cold water and AC is damned nice.
Pacing around my house to keep the blood flowing.
About to light up some CBD

I like this WAY more than MXP and DSK
There is no speediness whatsoever but my alertness is still present.
alert and clumsy.
im having fun
.... i havent even lit my cbd yet still pacing around 🤖

-20min ago : gotta say, the lucid pain relief with this one is really interesting
on other dissos slaps feel tickly like made of jello, but pinches would still register as ouch not tickle
not with this
i keep pinching my thigh every few minutes its like playdoh
doesnt feel like a Me lol
starting to regain mental clarity
sorry for thread clotting I really hope someone finds these notes helpful somehow one day

now: i am still 'going' i dont even know what to call it. Im not holed, not manic, but I am floating.
Ultimately from this experience and comparison to my past experiences:
Feels like cleaner stronger longer DSK above all.
Nausea hitting me at comedown, kind of frustrating. It took me a long time to clear the confusion to work up the ability to smoke a bowl of CBD.*lol 1hr to figure out how to pack and smoke a bowl
Upon so, felt closer to reality again, felt more organic nerve sensations again

Last edited:
most of the time by now id be dealing with urinary issues and bladder pain
.... I feel fine in that department surprisingly.
I even feel compelled to get out a beer and some nachos..
I think Im gonna go for it :J

hoping to aquire some of this really soon and was wondering if anyone had any idea on dosage for IM ROA.

thanks!

I don't know about IM dosage, but I hope you've got wheel filters and clean injecting water, you never know what could be in RCs, although the DMXE synth seems pretty clean compared to some of the others.