• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DMT Thread - The 6th Recursion

^ Some of those colors are spot on.

Tolerance and psychedelics take a turn for me at DMT in terms of understanding how it all works. Such a powerful experience I would expect to affect any other psychedelic in the follwing days later but that does not seem to be the case. Even tolerance to itself makes me wonder. I know for me that I can hit it again 15 minutes after and get the same powerful effect. Now I have only done that a handful of times as one strong one keeps me satisfied for a good bit. But everything I know about psychedelics and tolerance seem to derail at DMT. It just seems it should follow the same law of tolerance as the other psyches. Or at least a more suitable answer as to why it clears tolerance so quick.

Yes indeed, I usually have my eyes open for the first couple minutes and then keep them closed for the rest. This will be what I'm using primarily until the spring and then will head out to the parks on some Phenethylamines. But also that tolerance aspects is one of the main reasons I feel like it's gonna help me in the end if when I go back it will be with this once a week at first. My friend is going to be trying it possibly for the first time tonight, I'll let him decide if he is ready.

He will be already tripping on a 2C-x but I feel like if he was to Vape this on top...most powerful drug experience of his life. He has some experience with the 4-subs but this will his first venture into these realms. Wanna go back soon but I'm waiting 3 weeks and gonna be more responsible with how often I trip for now on. And ideally that will be bi-weekly with a DMT trip thrown in the mix somewhere. This is my plan for psychedelic use hopefully for here on out. I went so hard the past few years I have many, many things to be integrated.

So I find that DMT itself has a lot to say. Chrysanthemums , hieroglyphics all kinds of shapes and forms telling a story all the way too the end as it fades. I have usually do it on my couch in a room with proper dim lighting and candles. But no music. I don't think I can listen to music on DMT. Yet I read that a lot of people blast off to music. I am pondering that. For me it all points to paying attention to the story behind my closed eyes. Seems most of the time I have to keep my eyes closed as it is too fascinating. One time though all I felt was pressure behind my closed eyes. No visuals, so I opened my eyes and the room broke out into a million fractals. So that time it was like telling me to open my eyes. But most of the time closed eyes because of the fascination.

I have all sorts of ideas of where and when I want to do DMT. LIke sometimes opened eyed in nature would be cool. But for now it has been all inward. Still pondering to trying with muic though. I guess I will wait till that really calls. I use sparingly too, once every few months. It is an information overload so I need to dowload afterward what I can. I saw DMT take a verb, turn it into a noun and toss it into a psychedelic basket and it never affeceted me again. Too cool.

Last edited:
While this thread's resurrected, it's jarring how different batches can have different characters. I stumbled into a new source and the visual character, while still definitely DMT, is distinctly different. Less angular, more curves, different landscapes, somewhat different color pallet. It's like being kicked out of a familiar place, TBH, and a little bit of a bummer. Like getting a ticket to Six Flags when you were hoping for Disneyland... you get an amusement park either way, but...

I know folks have speculated that related but different active compounds contribute differently to the trip's character, hence people swearing 'jungle spice' and less refined product have a different character than relatively pure DMT, and now I get it.

I agree about how amazingly different the batches can end up being even from the same bit of bark. I get the feeling the other stuff like oils add something to the experience. When I do pulls and get different shades of DMT, from snow white to a yellow-golden color, there seems to be a full spectrum extract type effect for the more yellow batches. It's all amazing DMT but a lot of my most visual and spiritual trips seem to be from the slightly yellow tinted stuff.

Yeah, there's sense of a certain 'intelligence' or spiritual element missing. I A/B'd them a couple of times and it's definitely the DMT and not a set, setting, drug combination, or diet thing. I don't extract my own but the batch I like less seems cleaner and more 'pure', possibly even lab-made, which may not be a good thing, apparently.

I don't look at it as good or bad but I guess it's useful to recognize the difference when going into a trip. In my opinion as long as it gives you the trip(s) you need then the color and source isn't too important :)

Hey folks, I'm planning on trying to do a breakthrough dose here soon.

I have had numerous powerful psychedelic experiences, including IV 4-aco-dmt ~30-40mg (was a little more wild at the time), and all manner of PEAs and Typts. But this is the MacDaddy if you will, and I'm tired of beating around the bush.

Have used DMT less than 10 times probably. Aside from two they were all shared rolled joints so I got the feeling but couldn't take it there so to speak.

My last two times I was blessed to have good friend who loaded me up (idk how much) and assisted me in hitting. Got 2-3 major puffs, and did this twice basically. Basically I consider this my first real DMT experience. Did get some mind blowing effects. I was definitely like +++ but not quite any real wild shit. But I definitely experienced a lot of intense visuals I had never seen elsewhere.

But seeing as all those other times I wasn't able to reliably measure my dose, any suggestions on a solid, good, big fat dose that should be enough to check out vortexes or whatever. 60mg+ is listed as "Heavy" dose on psychonautwiki. But I am trying to not fuck around. Don't think I'm worried about taking it too far, as it is brief.

Tryptamine trips are very cleansing for me, and I am used to the alien weirdness and expecting it, but I honestly just need to see what the hype is about, voyaging to Psychonaut Mecca if you will.

I'm sure this same question has been asked before a million times and I'm going to be doing more research, but would love to hear if any BLers have any ideas for me. I have plenty but not quite "playing dosing games with" plenty.

tl;Dr what dose did you breakthrough on dmt?

Last edited:

I have had numerous powerful psychedelic experiences, including IV 4-aco-dmt ~30-40mg (was a little more wild at the time), and all manner of PEAs and Typts. But this is the MacDaddy if you will, and I'm tired of beating around the bush.

I found 4-aco-dmt a lot better than ordinary DMT - all the effects of DMT and none of the terrible nausea. I used to take DMT as ayahuasca but the nausea put me off. 4-aco-dmt is the macdaddy for me. You have to push the dose a little tho - in the 100-150mg range.

@Ismene2 I have taken lots of 4-aco-dmt in varying amounts and ROA including IV, of which I've certainly underguestimated and eyeballed at points, and it is certainly my favorite psychedelic. But can't say I have gone that high on it knowingly.

I haven't seen too many people say they prefer it to DMT, or who have gone that high honestly. I've definitely enjoyed 4acodmt a lot in combos recently. It always leaves me feeling the truest tryptamine cleansing feeling without alot of the negativity and anxiety that comes with mushrooms. The only feeling I can call similar has been afterglow of smoked DMT has left me feeling similarly cleansed.

Time for the daily perception recalibration then

What did you think to it IV deficit?

If you're talking orally - 4aco HAS to be better than straight DMT. It lasts longer and it's physically a thousand times nicer. With DMT the comeup is very intense and you are often sick as a dog. 4aco feels great - it can get a bit sedating tho - that's the only fault I've found with it. Especially if you try taking it every week it loses it's great effects fast.

4-HO-MET is my new fave rave at the mo - just discovered it. Not like 4-aco, it's a lot more like mushrooms but has it's own unique twist. I think these 4-x substances are the best thing ever, each one is a world unto itself.

I agree about how amazingly different the batches can end up being even from the same bit of bark. I get the feeling the other stuff like oils add something to the experience. When I do pulls and get different shades of DMT, from snow white to a yellow-golden color, there seems to be a full spectrum extract type effect for the more yellow batches. It's all amazing DMT but a lot of my most visual and spiritual trips seem to be from the slightly yellow tinted stuff.

I`ve found this to be true also. The first pull is always so clean and white, the whole visual effect seems less pronounced in terms of depth, but it`s still pretty intense one way or the other. The slightly yellow concurrent pulls seem to have a more rounded feel to them, a little more 4th dimensional.

Smoked some VERY waxy stuff a few times and it was a completely different experience from the pure white pulls.

Agreed, I never get any nausea.

DMT changed the way I looked at people. I felt so much more connected the day/week after. It's like new connections had been made.
Very cleansing as well - it helps you drop all the rumination (because you see how much is going on). Sometimes I feel like it's a look at how my mind works (although I'm skeptical of that).

tl;Dr what dose did you breakthrough on dmt?

Given your other experiences I think you'll be fine. You are familiar with what to do on a psychedelic (how to guide yourself/let go).
DMT has been a lot easier than any other psychedelics for me. There's nothing to be done, you feel so sober mentally. It's kind of like a dreamstate.
I think breakthrough for me was ~50-60mg, but I probably waste a lot.
Mid range doses I don't really do any more. The higher dose is full immersion. The lower is just like it's not quite there yet.

I don't see much issue with going on the heavier side, it seems quite friendly in dose-response.
[5-MeO-DMT, now that I'd be super cautious about everything being set up right].

Shrooms are a lot more anxiety-laden, I get very emotional and have deep personal introspection sometimes. It can get quite intense/confronting.
Shrooms will always be special. I love me some 4-AcO-DMT though, the mental effects were so fascinating, I remember craving so much to get back to that state, that I wasted the rest of my bag over the next few days. So....just remember, psychedelics =/= wisdom.

I'm finding I don't have the time to trip as much as I would like to these days. But you are making me very eager to do 4-AcO-DMT again sometime soon!

4-HO-MET is my new fave rave at the mo - just discovered it. Not like 4-aco, it's a lot more like mushrooms but has it's own unique twist. I think these 4-x substances are the best thing ever, each one is a world unto itself.

4-HO-MET was pretty amazing. I remember an uncontrollable body high which was more intense than a full body orgasm. Literally twitching with pleasure.

Still pondering to trying with muic though. I guess I will wait till that really calls. I use sparingly too, once every few months. It is an information overload so I need to dowload afterward what I can.

I like to have a track playing which is just a relaxing meditative sound loop. It's the same thing for an hour. Just music to meditate to. Can be helpful I find.
Sometimes I put a meditation track on over that (to get me ready/or to ground things a bit).
I will try using my binaural frequency app next time - put on a certain frequency, contemplate it, then smoke up.

But of course there is value in no sound. Maybe try with ear plugs??

Woof. So I went and took the trip pretty hard last night. Had initially just done a bit w/ my SO, and we had a good toke and experience. But for whatever reason I just had to keep going with it.

So I took a combo of 14mg 2cbfly and 25 mg 4acodmt orally right in the morning when she went to work. And then I figured I'd be able to break through if I smoked a good bit of DMT on top of it. And so I did. Ended up working through most of 400 mg by myself over several hours. I think I finally did just break through to the other side, as I can only describe this experience as what felt like a Near Death Experience. Keeping in mind that I was also using 2fdcketamine at the time as well.

It was unbelievably intense, obviously that's a wild combination and crazy dosage and such, and I took it with some deal of tolerance. But all I can say is that I watched my body fall apart down to the atom and then reform itself anew. I laid down because I was ready to die like William Wallace in Braveheart or some shit, to be tortured for 3 days, knowing it'd be all alright in the end as I would be going to a beautiful heaven afterwards.

I could feel the energy from the trees outside my house keeping me here in this realm because I still have so much to do here. I also found myself tripping out at my guitar which is black and white. I looked at it like a yin/yang thing and I had to keep my hands on the white part of the body to hold onto my inner goodness and prove that I was worthy.

It sounds really intense and crazy, but this felt absolutely real to me at the time, and it felt as if I was reanimated. Obviously when my SO got home she was like "wwwwwtttttffffff happened today?" because I was pretty much out of it for the rest of the day, the house was a wreck, and I had a couple bruises.

I do believe I lost control and just continued to smoke all the DMT despite my initial intentions, but this was imo a breakthrough experience for me and I truly feel as if I've been reanimated, bit by bit. It was incredible and I went through many nostalgic periods in my mind, relating to personal experiences and even biblical shit. WOW

Couple of questions
I tried 35mg in one hit; not strong enough so another day tried 45mg in two hits; easier to inhale it all but reloading was tricky already high- how long does one have to get a dose in? Not long I am betting given the brevity of effects
The 45mg was a little more psychedelic but still wasn't strong enough for me - I think 60mg would be the sweet spot to get to a breakthrough but the second question is how much can you lower the dose if you have harmalas onboard such as with changa - I think I'd take harmalas orally or smoke them first to I am ready to get as much `DMT in as poss undiluted by herbs or harmalas.
Read harmalas improve DMT which I don't doubt for a moment

Yo peeps, here´s some of the art I´ve been making lately, its all based on my triptamine xperiences, not just DMT but 4-aco-dmt and 4-ho-met as well.
hope you like!

For the best out of the box solution for vaporizing DMT everyones been recommending the VapeGenie series of vaporizers. Anyone else have any good recommendations I'm just looking for something simple and not something I have to modify.

For the best out of the box solution for vaporizing DMT everyones been recommending the VapeGenie series of vaporizers. Anyone else have any good recommendations I'm just looking for something simple and not something I have to modify.

I have used a vaporgenie in the past, it worked well. I got the wood pipe though and it was hard to clean.

I haven't tried it with DMT yet but dabbing seems like the way to go. Rapid vaporization in a concentrated hit, its supposed to be very efficient. An e-nail would be ideal.

Just had beautiful DMT trip plugging the compound oral syringe 5ml, used about 3/5ths distilled white vinegar and the rest H20. Weighed out 115mgs N, N-DMT and placed ot into a large spoon. Then drew it up intothe syringe content the outside heavily with Vaseline and bottoms up. Took about 10mins to kick in and probably lastet about 40mins. The visuals so beautiful and vaping DMT outta the Meth Pipe hsd been bothing my lungs/throat lately so I have been looking for new methods...could this be considered a makeshift way of creating DMT Acetate?

20210302-012001.jpg

(will crush it up fine before hand next time)
20210302-013647.jpg

(Ohhh...burns so good...euphoria overlaps it completely)
Didn't really burn much but I was deff mildy aware of it being there an had to drop a duece after 30mins or so. Make sure your clean yourself out before hand. Happy Swirlz give it a go if your lookibg to experiment with something new. Im gonna tey it again the bext timei trip on 100ugs 1p-LSD, 150mgs N, N-DMT and 70mgs of aMT hoping that the MAOi effects help a kitty out ☺

~Shadow Cat

Last edited:
could this be considered a makeshift way of creating DMT Acetate?
Yes. Next time you might want to heat the solution a bit to help with dissolution. You don't need much acid at all (40-ish mgs of acetic acid for 120 mgs of freebase DMT, which is only a few drops of 5% vinegar).

It worked SO MUCH better than just plugging Freebase DMT in plain H20 like did years ago thst had peetty much no effect. When using DMT Acetate rectally you trip really and the nature of the trip is different then smoking for sure. I would highly recommend people to try this out especially if you are having difficulty vaporizing properly. I wanna try it with 200mgs next time and really go for it.