• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DMT Extraction Thread - Second pull

Probably...the more Naptha you use...up to a point...means less product left in the thin layer you won't be readily able to pull off the top of your aqueous layer.

The higher your DMT to NPS ratio the more DMT you lose or leave behind every time you spill a little or leave a little behind.

So it will be OK to add MORE naphtha to the mix, even though I'd have had the zippo fluid in there already for about 24 hours? And just to make sure my steps are correct, would a proper extraction be as follows?

- Add naphtha to lye/water/mhrb solution, let sit for about a day.
-"Rotate" jar for about a minute and let settle.
- Use a sep. funnel to pull the top naphtha layer from the "mother brew", add to a 4oz jar.
- Rotate jar again for a minute, let settle.
- Use sep. funnel to again pull more naphtha from top, adding the pull to a NEW 4oz jar
- Repeat 2 more times until there are 4 total jars with naphtha extract
- Freeze all 4 of the 4oz naphtha jars overnight [point a]
- In morning, pour contents of each jar through 4 standard paper coffee filters
- Take the filtered residue from the coffee filters and allow it to dry with minimal air-flow hitting the filtered residue
- Add all filtered residue to a new coffee filter, and run freezer-temperature ammonia over the residue [point b]
- Rinse [point c]

A. After pulling the 4 jars of Naphtha, what should I do with the original "mother brew"(dark black/brown liquid)?
B & C. I read that an ammonia wash isnt the best solution. Could someone explain to me the best alternatives to the ammonia wash?
C. Still a bit confused on the whole rinsing phase. Could someone elaborate for me?

Your "tek" sounds FUCKED...here's an abridged version starting when you add your Naptha to your bark/lye mixture...

Throw away coffee filters...add naptha to aqueous shit, swirl, swirl, swirl, suck naptha off of aqueous layer(bark/water/lye)...put naptha in pan or jar place in freezer until crystals precipitate...pour(decant...DON'T use filters) naptha off crystals...pour used naptha back into aqueous layer, swirl naptha around aqueous shit, pull naptha back off of aqueous layer, freeze, repeat until crystals cease to form...throw away black aqueous shit then evaporate half your naptha and freeze again...save remaining naptha for future use.
The crystals will tend to stick to sides and bottom of jar which makes filters unnecessary aswell as the fact that you will lose product to the filters themselves...DMT crystals fresh outta the freezer with solvent all over them tend to melt...better to melt in your jar or pan than in a coffee filter.

IMO...there are better teks out there than the one you are using...just my $.02.

Last edited:
Hoorah! I went to a local no-name hardware store and bought the last gallon of pure VM&P naphtha they had! They said it's been sitting on the shelves collecting dust for the better part of a year.

My tek is based off of the Noman tek, which from what I've gathered is highly recommended for newbies.

So Im gonna dissect your tek & combine it with noman's, correct me where I'm wrong:

1. Add VM&P Naphtha to "mother brew".
2. Agitate for one minute, let seperate.
3. Repeat step 2 three more times.
4. Use seperatory funnel to split the naphtha from the mother brew
5. Repeat step 2-4 three more times, pulling the naphtha after every fourth agitation.
6. Put ALL naphtha into one 4oz. container (as opposed to 4x4oz containers), put in freezer overnight
7. Decant - Can you explain this process a bit?
8. Leave the glass jar open in a draftless room to allow remaining naphtha to evaporate, leaving only the crystals.

Is saving the naphtha necessary? Whats the purpose of saving this naphtha as opposed to just using fresh naphtha? I have a gallon now, so that should last me a long while.

Please, use google and do some of the work yourself. ;) If you do that you can ask specific questions if you still don't get how it applies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decantation

Decanting is pouring off a liquid carefully, so that the remainder (residue) stays behind. In step 7 what stays behind are the crystals which have crashed out, or 'precipitated' because they are not as soluble anymore from the freezing.
(decanting is also a vinological term - again it means careful pouring, only here of wine)

Some say reusing solvent like naphtha makes the process less clean each time, probably because other stuff gets dissolved in it that doesn't crash out after that. Saving naphtha is just better for the environment and your wallet, if you discard solvent like that figure out a way that is not polluting. See if you can hand it in somewhere, like chemical disposal.

I'm not really sure how much naphtha is used in the above tek, but freeze precipitation seems pretty inefficient if you don't approximate the saturation point first. Meaning leaving the naphtha to evaporate until DMT starts crashing out, then either
- add tiny bits of naphtha until all DMT is dissolved, then freeze precipitate starting from room temperature. (Try to cool down slowly, first fridge, then freezer, you may wrap it in something to slow down the temperature drop).
- or continue even a little bit more evaporating, then use a flameless heating device to warm up the naphtha a little so that all crashed out DMT is redissolved again. Then drop the temperature from warm to room temperature to cold to freezing. Again: wrap it in head resistant material to slow down the temperature drop as much as possible.

(By the way, the saturation point is the point at which the solvent - naphtha - is holding all the solute - DMT - it can dissolve... if DMT is added, naphtha is lost, or the temperature goes down beyond that point... DMT will fall out of solution because proportionately it is too much solute for the solvent)

The slow temperature drop thing is for more awesome crystals, hopefully they are also more resistant to redissolving in leftover naphtha if you don't fully decant properly.

It is preferable to vacuum filter fresh crystals or after decanting as well as possible, creating a gentle (not violent) air current / flow from fan over where the crystals are sitting, to dry them as quickly as possible.

Please check out the DMT extraction thread:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/562040-The-Big-amp-Dandy-DMT-Extraction-Thread-Second-pull

And get more acquainted, if you look around everything should be explained but if you are unclear about particular things, come back here to post or use the extraction thread.

Please, use google and do some of the work yourself. ;) If you do that you can ask specific questions if you still don't get how it applies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decantation

Decanting is pouring off a liquid carefully, so that the remainder (residue) stays behind. In step 7 what stays behind are the crystals which have [crashed out], or 'precipitated' because they are not as soluble anymore from the freezing.
(decanting is also a vinological term - again it means careful pouring, only here of wine)

Some say reusing solvent like naphtha makes the process less clean each time, probably because other stuff gets dissolved in it that doesn't crash out after that. Saving naphtha is just better for the environment and your wallet, if you discard solvent like that figure out a way that is not polluting. See if you can hand it in somewhere, like chemical disposal.

I'm not really sure how much naphtha is used in the above tek, but [freeze precipitation seems pretty inefficient if you don't approximate the saturation point first. Meaning leaving the naphtha to evaporate until DMT starts crashing out], then either
- [add tiny bits of naphtha until all DMT is dissolved], then freeze precipitate starting from room temperature. (Try to cool down slowly, first fridge, then freezer, you may wrap it in something to slow down the temperature drop).
- or continue even a little bit more evaporating, then use a [flameless heating device to warm up the naphtha] a little so that all crashed out DMT is redissolved again. Then drop the temperature from warm to room temperature to cold to freezing. Again: wrap it in [heat resistant material] to slow down the temperature drop as much as possible.

(By the way, the saturation point is the point at which the solvent - naphtha - is holding all the solute - DMT - it can dissolve... if DMT is added, naphtha is lost, or the temperature goes down beyond that point... DMT will fall out of solution because proportionately it is too much solute for the solvent)

The slow temperature drop thing is for more awesome crystals, hopefully they are also more resistant to redissolving in leftover naphtha if you don't fully decant properly.

It is preferable to vacuum filter fresh crystals or after decanting as well as possible, creating a gentle (not violent) air current / flow from fan over where the crystals are sitting, to dry them as quickly as possible.

Please check out the DMT extraction thread:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/562040-The-Big-amp-Dandy-DMT-Extraction-Thread-Second-pull

And get more acquainted, if you look around everything should be explained but if you are unclear about particular things, come back here to post or use the extraction thread.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write that. I did already read over the Big Dandy thread completely, two times, and I am still not 100% sure about everything. I have outlined a few things from your quote that I am curious about.

- crashed out
Could you elaborate on exactly what this means? From my understanding, it is the point in which crystallization begins--but I'm not sure.

- freeze precipitation seems pretty inefficient if you don't approximate the saturation point first. Meaning leaving the naphtha to evaporate until DMT starts crashing out
At this point, would I leave the jar open to a room-temperature draft-free environment?

- add tiny bits of naphtha until all DMT is dissolved
Is this new/clean naphtha, or am I adding more from the "mother brew?"

- flameless heating device to warm up the naphtha
Would a double-boiler - such as a stainless-steel bowl floating in a pot of hot water - be adequate?

- heat resistant material
Surrounding the container in an oven glove, does this sound about right?

Two-day freeze precip on 100g of DMT. He split naphtha into 4 separate 4oz mason jars, and on the bottom of one of the jars there are SOOO MANY CRYSTALS that this person cant even see through the bottom! This dude does not have AC where he lives, so he put the jar in a very thin ice/salt/water bath (like an opposite double boiler) to avoid melting, and hooooooooooly cow!

He put the jar back in the freezer upside down with the lid on, gonna let it sit for another 24hr's.

He has some questions:
In 2 of the jars there are a lot of crystals floating around, but none sticking to the glass. What do you recommend he does in this situation?
Also, in one of the jars there are no crystals, and the naphtha got foggy. What should be done with this naphtha?

He has some questions:
In 2 of the jars there are a lot of crystals floating around, but none sticking to the glass. What do you recommend he does in this situation?
Also, in one of the jars there are no crystals, and the naphtha got foggy. What should be done with this naphtha?

1...leave it in freezer the crystals will settle and then decant liquid off.

2...leave in freezer, the "fog" is DMT...give the crystals some time to coalesce.

1...leave it in freezer the crystals will settle and then decant liquid off.

2...leave in freezer, the "fog" is DMT...give the crystals some time to coalesce.

He returned to the freezer and saw all the fog was cleared. He pulled each 4oz container out one by one, emptying the excess naphtha into a large single mason jar & immediately returned the individual containers back to the freezer upside down with the lids on to get any excess naphtha off. He used a medical grade needle point syringe to get the naphtha off. He also returned the large mason jar into the freezer (containing the combined excess naphtha of all the individual 4oz pulls).

This is his first extraction attempt, by the way. He wants clarification on the next step after pulling the containers out of the freezer. He thinks all he has to do is leave the containers out in a cool draft-free environment without the lids and take the collected crystals & put them into a single storage container. Is this correct, or is there more he can/should do?

1...leave it in freezer the crystals will settle and then decant liquid off.2...leave in freezer, the "fog" is DMT...give the crystals some time to coalesce.

I returned to the freezer and saw all the fog was cleared. I pulled each 4oz container out one by one, emptying the excess naphtha into a large single mason jar & immediately returned the individual containers back to the freezer upside down with the lids on to get any excess naphtha off. I used a medical grade needle point syringe to get the naphtha off. I also returned the large mason jar into the freezer (containing the combined excess naphtha of all the individual 4oz pulls). This is his first extraction attempt, by the way.

I want clarification on the next step after pulling the containers out of the freezer. I think all I have to do is leave the containers out in a cool draft-free environment without the lids and take the collected crystals & put them into a single storage container. Is this correct, or is there more I can/should do?

Last edited:
VERY VERY EASY DMT EXTRACTION. with good results.....Dissolve 8 t-spoons of Sodium Hydroxide in about 900ml of water in a glass jug. Pour in 100g of powdered Mimosa Hostilis. give it a good stir for about half an hour. Pour in about 300ml of Naptha lighter fluid. put your jug in a large pot of hot water in the sink. give your jug a good stir for about half an hour. keep going back to it and keep stiring. when pot of water is cooling, refil pot with hot water from tap. keep doing this and stiring the jug for aslong as you can. keep repeating this over a few hours. take jug out of pot and leave to settle. then carefully pour the naptha from the jug onto a plate. making sure not pour out any plant matter or brown liquid from jug. leave your plate of Naptha to evaporate. after a few hours you will be left with DMT crystals on your plate. Don't throw away jug of plant matter just yet. add some more naptha and do the process again to extract out anymore DMT

Is it dangerous to smoke liquid DMT mixed with Yopo seeds that have been cooked, peeled and crushed?

Hello,

I recently purchased some MHRB and plan on making my first attempt on DMT extraction. I will go A/B with acetic acid; as an organic solvent, I'll use "Wundbenzin" which is basically naphtha with high hexane amount. (heptane had to be ordered and we didn't want to do that ;) )

I was wondering about temperature during the organic pull. some resources say you should heat up the mixture during the pull, but I don't really want to do that because of lack of proper ventilation. we have a pretty strong kitchen hood, but I certainly won't let possibly flamable fumes into an electric device.

so, is it really necessary to heat it up, or should three consecutive extractions with the organic solvent at room temperature be sufficient to get most of the DMT out of the aqueous phase?

greets :)

^ I know bumping a thread is discouraged, but this is really important to me :) also, you can't register on dmt-nexus right now...

I never warmed mine during by A/B extractions and they were fine with great yields, don't worry about it.

Hi,

it's funny to see that I was the last poster here almost a year ago, but it seems that not many folks are on the A/B train ;)

anyway, I recently did another extraction (A/B from MHRB) and whereas my first pull last year turned out some pure white nice crystals, this time it became more fine and clumpy and with a slight touch of yellow/brown. I already knew it was different because this time, the organic phase already had a colour after extracting from the basic solution, and last time it stayed rather colourless.

I know that this will be fine to use, but I'd rather clean it up, and I'd also like to see how much of the yield is impurities... I thought about first washing it with some ice-cold water, then dissolving it in a minimum amount of acidic water, making it basic and then extracting with the petroleum ether again... any thoughts on this? :)

I like this thread. I've looked for mimosa hostilis in the past and recall seeing it being available at one place but just looking now, I don't see it anymore. I wouldn't mind trying the basic extraction