• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DMT Extraction Thread - Second pull

Please give a response soon if possible! I'd post this on a more DMT based forum, but my accounts have to be activated still for me to post on any other website.. blah.

I assume the bottom layer is lye or bark powder that got sucked up by the eye dropper? This truly is not my extraction and I've never done this before. My friend sent me the photo. He has no internet and wanted me to see if I could get some input from knowledgeable people online. I only know just a bit about extractions.

That's what I figured it was, in this case he needs to get that away from the non-polar layer before putting into the freezer.

Can't seem to find naptha in england is there another non polar solvent I could use

Yeah, any mix of aliphatic hydrocarbons with about 5-7 carbon atoms. I've used lighter fluid, you could use white spirit, doesn't really matter.

Just make sure it evaporates without any significant residue.
In some countries pharmacies sell certain kinds of purified petrol ether for removing adhesive bandages etc. These products leave residues in the ppm range and are guaranteed free of benzene and/or other aromatic hydrocarbons and n-hexane. It is relatively expensive but the high end quality makes them perfect for such purposes (i.e. being in contact with stuff you want to ingest).

Can't seem to find naptha in england is there another non polar solvent I could use
bartolines premium paraffin - B & Q bredren.

White spirit is shite - it doesn't precip properly.

I found something out the other day - did 3 extractions last week - all 150g each, and seriously, as I pipetted off the naptha layer, I found at the top of the aqueous layer a ridiculous amount of already crashed DMT rocks. Lucky I always pipette off some of the aqueous layer ALWAYS - but I've never noticed this. I filtered it, with distilled water and the brown disappeared, I was amazed at how much there was just crashed out - I hadn't noticed as the naptha had turned super murky like I'd never seen before - iit was BEIGE when I seperated it off. Never had this occur before.

this guy i know, who happens to be really tall, he recons he just got 0.23g out of 20g of mhrb. he only did two naptha pulls. he is incredibly worried that it may have nasties in it that could stunt his growth (or any number of other wicked and deviant side effects) he said he did a re-crystallization in fresh naptha and it all looks very nice.

what do you recon?

What are you asking? He is really tall and is worried about stunted growth - now you wonder if his recrystallization was really necessary or not?

Never heard of compounds in Mimosa Hostilis stunting growth in humans at least as far as I know, but if low grade solvents like naphtha are used there may be residue from evaporating that that may not be healthy. Also improper vaporization of DMT may cause it to burn which is also probably quite unhealthy and who knows what the long term risks of that can be.

If you're worried
- buy lab-grade solvents for the recrystallization
- use a deepfreeze for freeze precipitation instead of basic solvent evaporization
- get a proper vaping device (like build The Machine) and learn good vaping technique.

No, of course, he isn't really even that tall. Just a fiend and a lunatic. He did a deep freeze precipitation and the naptha when test evaped didn't leave any residue.

The issue, he tells me he has, is that he thinks the yield is too high for such a small quantity of mhrb.
The product, from his discription sounds a reasonably clean white/light yellow colour.

So is a yield of 230mg from 20g's of mhrb unheard of, or is this reasonable nowadays?

Many thanks.

It's a 1.15% yield, which doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

Dmt oral use and extraction question

Hey this is my first post here hopefully not the last aha :p

I was wondering if one could take a dmt containing plant like Mimosa hostilis or some Psychotria Viridis and instead of boiling it with water to make a tea he could just soak it in a high proof alcohol like vodka or something letting it sit for a few days to a week shaking everyday.

I was wondering would this take the dmt out of the plant for oral use along with a maoi.

And if so would it be worse or better for a basis extracting method sense alcohol would be quickly absorbed and sense alcohol is the carrier the dmt would also be quickly absorbed with it, is this logic flawed?? Of course this drink will be consumed 10 to 40 mins after the maoi is taken.

Any help would be grateful :)

Last edited:
Id like to try this in the upcoming weeks , so is this posable, i would not want to let it goto the trash :/

Last edited:
Though I've never actually run a DMT extraction myself, I'm inclined to think this wouldn't work, because DMT extractions, in general, first require the use of a strong base (usually sodium hydroxide/lye) to break down the cellulose and plant fibers, and then an organic solvent (such as naptha or alcohol) to pull the DMT out of the remaining alkaloid isolate. So unless you first go through the process of using a base on the plant material (root bark if it's Mimosa you're using) to extract the alkaloids, your idea probably isn't going to work.

Then why would water work to pull the dmt out of the plant matter just like a tea?? Ive seen posts of people just making this "tea" taking a maoi and then drinking it and it works , so why not alcohol?? Can't alcohol pull out more alkaloids then water with out the need of heat to break it down??