• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DMT Extraction Thread - Second pull

Oh sorry I was talking about in the united states, should have made that clear.

AFAIK, even powdered bark is legal in the US, but quite a few vendors are dropping it from their product offerings so it's becoming more difficult to find. But not impossible.

Sorry for discussing it people, honestly didnt mean any harm.

Just for the point of not staring a new thread seeing as we're on the subject of DMT, how similar is 5-meo-dmt to DMT?
Is it pretty much the same in effects?

PEACE

Nope. Quite the opposite, in fact; DMT is, for me, almost entirely a visual experience. I haven't used 5-MeO-DMT, but apparently the visual component is almost entirely absent, and the trip is very much a radical change in headspace.

Yes the difference reminds me of the difference between R-ketamine and S-ketamine, it's funny how both sets of compounds complement each other like yin yang.

I went offtopic about ketamine isomers, the resulting post can be found HERE

Then I posted my opinion on the differences between 5-MeO-DMT and N,N-DMT then went on to try and give an explanation (based on personal opinions, views and experiences) for the astounding effects N,N-DMT can have. The post is HERE.

edit: I moved my two parts of the post to the appropriate threads. This one is about extraction so let's focus the discussion on that. :)

Last edited:
Is there any complications from using a plastic mixing jug over a glass one on a STB extraction?
I have been looking around for gallon jugs and im wondering if plastic could be a problem due to the heat being produced as the NaOH is added to the water.
Cheers

Yes, there's a lot of heat produced initially, but you can fill a sink halfway with cold water & some ice. Put your water filled plastic jugs in this cold water bath, then add the NaOH. The jugs may soften a bit but won't melt. By the way, plastic jugs come in different thicknesses - don't use the really thin ones. I've found that in my area, water jugs are thicker than milk jugs... especially 'premium' brands of water.

Aslong as the heat does not melt it im fine. Is there any advantage to splitting up the rootbark and doing smaller batches to doing one larger extraction?

Splitting it into smaller batches can be more forgiving if you fuck up a step, but it can also be more time consuming and you don't get the joy of getting large amounts of DMT all at once. It just depends on your preference.

You need to use a jug made from a plastic that's resistant to chemical attack from the solvent you're using. I think HDPE should be OK with heptane/haxane/naphtha, but I'm not 100% on that.

Vader, HDPE jugs will most definitely work and are completely unreactive to both acid and base solutions, as well as organic solvents.

I'm fuckin analy retentive and use lab glassware conical flasks, beakers, sep funnels, and big 100ml med grade glass syringes.

I know plastic shit would do, but that ain't the way I roll %)

^I think everyone would use proper glassware if they could get is as easily as they can plastic jugs.

Yeah no shit. If only getting a sep funnel was as easy as buying a gallon of milk...

I don't think it's better or worse, I laugh at myself sometimes, as i say it's an unnecessary obsessiveness that comes out in me, I KNOW plastic jugs etc would be just fine, but that's not how I do things....OCDish tendency? Nahh, just anally retentive ;)

Yeah no shit. If only getting a sep funnel was as easy as buying a gallon of milk...

It's no harder than getting xylene, naphtha, MHRB etc, and a lot easier than getting hold of fucking heptane (current pain in my arse heptane)

Really??? All of those things (besides the mhrb) are easily available to me otc. All I've got to do is make a trip to the local hardware store. You think you could shoot me a pm about where to get a sep funnel? That would be amazing...

ahhh, OTC I not so sure, I use ebay for lab stuff, just send it to a safe mate's house.

if not ebay there are plenty of lab glassware suppliers online, in UK anyway.

We will be doing this one:

- prepare 100 gr of lye with half liter of water
- mix with 100 gr of bark and mix
- pour 100 ml of hexane,mix
- siphon off the hexane and evaporate
repeat step 3 and 4 two more times!

Ill upload some pics..

^What these guys say. The teks make it sound harder than it is. Mix powdered bark with water, add weight of NaOH equal to that of bark, leave, add solvent, agitate, separate solvent, freeze precip or evaporate. Wash if you like.