• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DiPT Thread

Well, DIPT indeed seems to be one of those substances you either love or hate. I've only tried it once, but was completely awestruck by the effects. Being a musician, it was incredible to hear music sound in ways normally impossible! Merely listening to voices wasn't really interesting, but hearing music - especially the harmonies, chords, and so forth - created sounds that were completely unheard in this realm of existence. Single notes where only pitch-shifted and "spaced out", but hearing two or more tones together created a distinctly different effect. Very interesting. I have another session planned for next week, which I'm am really looking forward to, by I have a question. I'm thinking of combining DiPT with a small amount of Allylescaline. I've had a number of stellar experiences when combining Ally with 5-meo-mipt and 25i/25c-nbome, but the territory of flavoring DiPT with different things seem to be largely uncharted territory. What do you think of this idea? Any potential problems? I was thinking of doing something like 50 mg of DiPT and 20 mg of Allylescaline. I'm an experienced psychonaut, as I've had somewhere between 60-70 experiences with different substances, so I'm not worried about handling unexpected effects.

When I took 50mg, my hearing was so dramatically affected that once it peaked, music sounded like a total jumble of weird sounds, entirely disharmonious (and I'm a musician too). I actually had to stop listening to it because it stopped being enjoyable. What really did it for me was going outside and listening to the sounds of world. I can't even quite describe what was so amazing about it except that it seemed like I was hearing communications from things I had never considered would communicate before. For example, I could hear trees communicating with one another. I heard sounds from the sky that I interpreted as energies from space. Next time I take it (soon) I am going to try taking 70mg on a hike.

I agree DiPT is special, and also entirely unique.

When I took 50mg, my hearing was so dramatically affected that once it peaked, music sounded like a total jumble of weird sounds, entirely disharmonious (and I'm a musician too). I actually had to stop listening to it because it stopped being enjoyable. What really did it for me was going outside and listening to the sounds of world. I can't even quite describe what was so amazing about it except that it seemed like I was hearing communications from things I had never considered would communicate before. For example, I could hear trees communicating with one another. I heard sounds from the sky that I interpreted as energies from space. Next time I take it (soon) I am going to try taking 70mg on a hike.

I agree DiPT is special, and also entirely unique.

Sounds like a very mystical and enjoyable experience! Too bad about the music though... It would seems that it varies from person to person. My girlfriend at the time, whom also ingested the chemical, described music like you do, i.e. completely fucked up, but a friend of mine also got the same transcendent vibe that I did. Very interesting.

I will take a walk next time, see what the outside's like. Maybe I'll hear the trees too. :)

I think it's possibly also a function of how far your hearing shifts, which seems dependent on the individual (ie, some report 50mg just downshifts things a little, while for me it was extremely more dramatic than that at 50mg). On my trip, before and after the peak the music sounded really incredible, but during the peak sound was altered too much for it to even be recognizable, it sounded like the speakers were broken or something.

I always hear so many bad reports on this compound, but I know you know your psychedelics Xorkoth and now I want some!

Really, you seem to hear bad reports? There are definitely a variety of reports from people saying it didn't do much other than alter hearing, but in general I haven't seen a lot of negative reports. But yeah, DiPT is great, I found it to have a significant head trip too. Some people even report visuals though for me I didn't get any. But it alters my hearing about as much as DMT alters my sight.

Maybe this is worth sharing here too.

I have a friend who I used to trip with frequently, but he's barely used psychedelics over the last few years because he's become so sensitive to their effects that it's been almost impossible for him to enjoy the majority of his trips anymore. The only time I had given him a synthetic tryptamine so far was 4-HO-MiPT at 15 mg, which caused him to be pretty constantly overwhelmed and occasionally lose contact with reality and act bizarrely. I think he got something out of it but he really only seemed to enjoy the end when he could milk the lingering body high....

Knowing what I do about his sensitives and preferences, I recommended that he try DiPT. I gave him some 12 mg pills and he started off at 24 mg. This was enough to give him euphoria at first, and then colorful geometric visuals, psychedelic audio illusions and the unique pitch distortions to an almost deafening point, and some nausea, and at the beginning he lost the physical ability to talk. He was caught off guard by the intensity of it and was noticeably uncomfortable for a few hours at the peak, but after he got beyond it he suddenly started saying he felt great and reflected it in his face. Since then he has repeatedly claimed to have actually really enjoyed the experience, and thinks it could be great taken alone when he knows what's coming and maybe at a lower dose. He says that despite the overwhelming distortions he still felt very clearheaded at least in the sense that he wasn't getting crazy thought loops or acting out of control or anything. He plans to take 12-24 mg again soon and perhaps continue exploring from there, though only when he has time to recover as the audio distortions lasted over 24 hours for him.

I just wanted to report this because I think it's notable that someone who has a hard time enjoying trips these days was able to find DiPT manageable and worthwhile enough to want to do it again almost as soon as possible. It's noticeable to me as a friend that he's excited to have a good psychedelic to use again so I'm definitely going to remember this to suggest to others who might be looking for a unique, manageable trip as well.

I just have around 50mg of DIPT HCl and I have never tried it before. Probably I won't have another chance to get it , so I want to make the most out of it. Reading through the thread a bit, people are talking about oral or vaped. I was wondering if insuffation or plugged would accomplish a more potent effect out of it than doing it oral, without affecting its nature in a bad sense. Some are mentioning that vaping it may get you a more interesting trip, but I normally try to avoid vaping, though I can always make an exception if really needed. What would you recommend?

A lot of tryptamines shine with rapid administration but dipt is one best taken orally. Ive smoked the base and injected the salt but always found the oral trips the ones i remember most. 50mg is a fine dose too, can give a +++ if you take it at nite in silence.

Thanks for the reply. Suppose I'll follow your advice. Hopefully 50mg would be enough memorable, some reports say that and others need 100mg. That was the reason why I wanted to know if insufflation or plugged was a more potent option.
Smoking it is probably too much of a rollercoaster for my taste. I am not keen on instant onsets.

70mg dipt orally first time gave me a powerful +++ that ventured into ++++ at times. Last time, 50mg orally with a friend, gave both of us a +++. Really think the key is taking it at nite in a quiet and secluded place. Then the more subtle aspects are brought out to the forefront.

Smoking Dipt made it a compound that fucked my hearing for a long time...with no rewarding entheogenosis...ymmv of course.

Edit: uhhhh.....actually I am thinking of IM injection. If I ever did smoke or vape it...i have no memory, which is also saying something.

Really think the key is taking it at nite in a quiet and secluded place. Then the more subtle aspects are brought out to the forefront.

I always do psychedelics in a secluded place so no problem with that. I used to do them at night but lately I am tripping during the day with the light off just to not mess with my sleeping patterns.

I think with DiPT at full doses, music really isn't the way to go, nor is doing the closed-eye thing. The best part of my experience was when I went outside on it. The way it altered me was indescribably poignant and strange and unusual. I was hearing trees communicating, and hearing noises from space. Really ineffable experience. I'm planning to venture into that territory again this Spring, on a nice secluded hike in the mountains. With waterfalls involved.

The indoors portion of my trip with it was interesting, but being able to listen to nature was so much better in every way that I doubt I will ever attempt to use it again unless that's what I'm doing.

Sounds interesting. I understand it was during the daytime. I might maybe make an exception, go camping and try to get a variety of environments to see which one makes for the best experience. Hearing you it pop into my mind that in the darkness in a forest in the middle of the wilderness, probably I'll get interesting and meaningful sounds to alter. I am a harp player so I cannot wait to hear myself on the harmonica, though I am a bit concerned about overdoing it and harming my already not so great hearing, as harmonica is so strident.

This stuff is a great audio enhancer. I took a 28mg dose and everything sounds so deep and rich. 90s gangsta rap is fucking amazing on DiPT! Everything does sound deeper than normal, but I'm not sure if the pitch is shifted. I think I'm just very aware of bass frequencies. I haven't tried a high dose yet, but I think the weird audio distortions people talk about are likely the result of becoming aware of overtones that you normally don't notice. At one point I was listening to a song and the bass line started sounding out of tune with the rest of the song, but then when I listened closer, I realized that there actually was dissonance because of a sliding bass line. I think DiPT basically enhances audio to the point where every sonic imperfection is unignorable.

I have to disagree with Shulgin's assertion that DiPT is a unique island in regard to its auditory effects. MiPT affects hearing in the same way as DiPT, but to a less extreme degree. 4-HO-MiPT also has a similar auditory effect. MiPT and DiPT really have a lot in common.

I wish DiPT didn't have such a strong body load. I'm going to be hesitant to try higher doses because it was already pretty uncomfortable at this dose. Maybe ondansetron will help.

I've noticed the same thing about music sounding less shifted when you pay close attention to it. I don't think those imperfections exist normally though. The effect is not a pitch shift, but it quite clearly resembles a frequency shift. The difference being that harmonic structure is destroyed by a frequency shift, since for example a tone at 100Hz with harmonics at 200Hz and 400Hz (and so on...) gets shifted down to say, 50Hz, 150Hz and 350Hz, respectively. With a pitch shift you would get 50Hz, 100Hz and 200Hz, which sounds a lot less weird. If you listen to some electronic music which is verifiably tuned perfectly the ear should be completely unable to pick out any dissonance sober, because mathematically, there isn't any. Yet with DiPT, there is clearly some dissonance.

So my best guess is that the effect is inversely modulated by attention. In the world of psychedelia, that's not so weird. And it certainly has some crossover with the extremely odd attention-modulated visual effects of MiPT.

I'm curious what kind of body load you get? I feel nothing physically at all until about 70-80mg, at which point I usually vomit but feel pretty good afterwards.

Next time I'll take a higher dose and play with some synthesizers to get a better understanding of what it's doing to my hearing. There were body vibrations, similar to other tryptamines. It wasn't a good body feeling like with DPT or something, it was more like 4-AcO-DET body load. I also felt very nauseated. The nausea got better after a couple hours but didn't completely go away until most of the effects wore off.

Hell yeah! I'm excited to hear about your experience!

See what I did there? :p

I only dipted once, it was a polydrug binge day.
However i started with the dipt so i could gauge the cool audio effects ive hears about.

It was looney tooney with the fudged up pitching and growling.
Even the wind sounded bizo.

After the shitshow was starting to mellow i added a few other subs.
Idk really since it was a few years Ago, but some kind of nbome and maybe some 4acodmt and alot of whippets were consumed.

Wish i could find that dipt again somehow.
I would Imagine it being a classic somehow, its very unique in its effects.

Since i can source dpt, 4acodmt,4homet and some others tryps its weird that dipt isnt around.