View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Diphenhydramine Thread

Dreaming With Dope

Bluelighter
Hey guys, i was just wondering if any of you here have ever tried recreational dosing of diphenhydramine (sleep aid)? I find that if you take just the right amount (anywhere from 50-200 mg) that you can have a very strangely entertaining trip.

Also, i find that if you dose DXM beforehand, and then dose Diphen. once the DXM kicks in, the resulting synergy is very very fun. It seems to take on a 'fruity jello' essence... i dont know, thats the only analogy i can muster.

Anyone with experience with Diphen?

Diphenhydramine is noted to be the same as dimenhydrinate (sleep aid, antimimetic, cure motion sickness, allergies, fever...a cure all?dramamine) but twice as strong, stronger peak, and hits you harder when it kicks in. I find personally, that its the opposite, dramamine hits me like a ton of bricks while this stuff isn't very noteable, and takes MUCH MUCH longer to kick in, with it being more of a sleepy, talk to people with your eyes closed because you think their there. Not much different from dimenhydrinate (dramamine) except I think dramamine kicks in sooner, harder, and much more hallucinations.

Benadryl is a common source of diphenhydramine. For some reason dramamine is much more popular. The dosing on diphen is much lower then dimen though.

I always get a laugh out of myself when i snap out of my trance where i was talking with someone for a good 20 minutes who definitely wasnt there....haha

High doses (3rd/4th plateau) of DXM should be avoided when you're taking it in combination with anticholinergics.

i can never take alot of dramamine without passing out...no matter how hard i try.....
as for mixing with dxm, ive only had bottles of cough syrup which was fun aside from all the sugar in my stomach and vomiting......i wouldnt mind trying dxm in its pure powder form...i imagine is it like a ketamine disassosiative high?

from the reports ive read, i wouldnt say dxm is like ketamine.. ketamine is probly more visual and powerful, am i right? dxm for me made me feel like i was in water and i only got a few visuals (slight patters probly from the pot).. ketamine reports usually talk about hallucinations

ive done diphenhydramine.. and the recreational dose is 200 to 500 (i did 250, i read papers and cd cases and websites and saw people eating and a professor handed a peice of paper to me, all of these were hallucinations), but you only realize you saw visuals once you snap out of...ill call it underconsiousness, where it seems parts of your mind are asleep and other parts are consious, enabling you to get dreamlike hallucinations

after a while the urge to sleep is just too great however.. 50mg is the dose of diphen. for sleeping pills (sominex) or 25mg (for benadryl)

i noticed a similar after affect as morning glory seeds, where the day after (and for several weeks) everything was much more colorful and beautiful and subjectively seen (especially the trees).. but this hasnt happened to my other friend who took it.. but he hasnt tried morning glories yet either

negative after affects persist for about a week and consist of little spots of vision turning a diff shade, as if you look at a bright light for a second at that spot so it turns green or blue or red or another color, but there really was no light

Overdosing on anticholinergics isn't psychedelic in the sightest.

It's not even really worth doing more than one or two times. The novelty of having true hallucinations is cool, but there are so many better things to be doing with your time / mind.

"ketamine is more visual"-- no such thing. dissociative visuals aren't actual visuals, shit looks way different, you may hallucinate all kinds of crazy things, but there's no swirling/morphing/patterns/or trails. I took 30 benadryls one time and did have an interesting trip. Not what I expected a antichlorogenic trip to be like. I never did any of the crazy shhit you hear about people doing on datura or whatever but I actually got some major swirls, not like like the watery flow most psychedelics give but a jerky motion. I was outside at night but it kept looking like it was daylight. I felt all wierd and saw flying bubbles and a big dancing ameoba like thing in my vision. Sounds kinda cool but it really was nothing that spectacular, it was real wierd. Everytime a car would pass me I'd get a rush of fear even if I knew where I was in relation to the car and even if I tried to prep myself the same would happen everytime. I would do it again, but I really have never been in the mood to do so. The experience wasn't anything too crazy but I'm a little apprehensive to take an antichlorogen even if I've already done it. I would love to try mixing a bunch of diphenhydramine with a bunch of dxm.

Why is it bad to mix antichlorogens with higher end doses of dxm? Is it just cuz of potentiation, loss of reality, or medical reasons, personal exp, good chance of a severe negative or psychotic reaction?

bad wordage i guess. "ketamine is more visual" meant ketamine has more visual aspects, not ketamine has more visuals

I was thinking of trying that dramimine stuff but I get drug tested randomly so I was wondering if it would even show up or how long it would be in you. Probably a stupid question but I am newbie to this stuff.thnz

It wouldnt really matter dude because there are no restrictions placed on it whatsoever.

It would be like you getting tested and they find out you took some Ibuprofen or something like that haha.

Watch out though dude, dont take too much. Never start out with more than 100mg

Ketamine and DXM are very different drugs, even though they are under the same cathegory we all know, dissociative anesthetics. You can have OEV's with Ketamine, something that isn't possible DXM. Also Ketamine has a tendence to totally imobilize you, when you hit the hole. You won't encounter any "Hole" on DXM that will totally imobilize you and transfer you to an alternate reality. Also Ketamine VISUALS (yes they are visuals) are of a higher quality than DXM visuals imo. As for the combo of anticolinergics & dissociative anesthetics, you would get totally fucked up mentally, but at least you won't be able to hurt yourself at high doses (i.e. stumble over things, pick up sharp items and so on...) you will stay more put...

Last edited:
Yes, everyone's different, I have OEV's & CEV's on DXM, also with the classic "swirling/morphing" of things.. I don't understand why people are arguing over wether or not something will induce OEV's/CEV's/visuals, whatever.. It's pretty much personal.

"With DXM, hallucinations are only really noticeable in a dark room with eyes shut (of course, if the room is totally pitch black, then it doesn’t make a difference whether your eyes are open or not.) These are known as CEVs, or closed eye visual hallucinations. "

You cannot have OEV's on DXM, period. Visual disturbances, yes. Increased brightness/contrast yes. Hallucinations/visual patterns, NO. But ok, if you say so. About the morphin, hell yeah... but on CEV's.

^ Fuck. have you paid attention to what I said? You're arguing over something that's subjective, personal, not set in stone.. Btw, how are you able to see what other people have seen?

I am sorry if I offended you man, it's just that the only other preson I've heard about having OEV's on DXM said he was running around being chased by his friend that turned into a monster... I'll read all the reports on erowid and bluelight, I might be wrong. It just sounds highly unrealistic. If only we had the power to add propreties of choice to a drug that dosn't have them...

Please read up on the differences between visuals and hallucinations.. Seeing a person change into a monster is certainly not somekind of a random "visual", that's more of a full-blown hallucination, sorry.

DXM, without a doubt, produces OEV's and CEV's for me.

Consider yourself lucky dude, because neither I nor my many friends who have/still do DXM ever have full blown OEV. I can have very good CEV's, but never open eye.

There is one girl i know who is a daily DXM user (upwards of 250 everyday for the past year and a half) who says that DXM's OEV's are better than dropping 2-3 hits of VERY potent acid. Nobody likes her.

So yeah dude, be aware that you are indeed very lucky to experience OEV's on DXM.

peace

250mg daily and OEVs? The first true OEV I got from DXM besides things seeming really far away and then seeming really close to my face was on an upwards of 900mg. 250mg of DXM feels like rubbery speed to me. I hate speed, so I never take less than 400mg. Even then I feel like I'm wasting the DXM since 600-750mg is usually my normal dose. That's just me, though. Peace.

DXM is just as visual as any other dissociative be it ketamine or pcp. Yeah they all have different dosages/effects. It's like comparing 2c's, they're all visual, some you need to take more than others to reach the same amount of visuals. IMO the great thing about dissociatives and I find this to be true with most people who are into them is that they lack the anxiety producing mental/physacle effectz. In otherwords taking too much will put me under/fully anesthtize me rather than torture my brain.

I guess there are visuals tho, just not typical ones. I remember after a drank 1.5grams dxm in a shot of rum everything looked like it was covered in bright white crystals, it was pretty crazy and I've never seen anything like that on any other dissociative, unfortunatly I black out or pass out(can't remember) my strong dxm trips. Same happens when I boot Ketamine, I can remember getting real fucked up and everything looks real trippy, the world dissolves into a mess of colors feeling and then I come out of it which kinda sux cuz I feel like I missed the best part. PCP on the other hand has shown me all kinds of crazy shit mentally,physacly,and visually it's the most impressive of all them and I don't black out altho I know people who have everyone is diffrent. There are some fun things dust can do. After I come down a bit I like to walk around in the dark(carefully). I remember I was sleeping over at my friend's apartment and everything was real dark. I felt like I could kinda see a little bit from the electronic lights and whatnot. It was amazing, suddenly her tiny ass apartment became the gigantic maze of rooms and hallways. I explored this new dark palace for what seemed like hours. I must have been walking in some type of circles cuz I never bumped into anything. I wasn't really high so it's not like this was my typical dust universe hallucinations. It was cool.