View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Day vs Night Tripping Thread

AcidRain

Bluelighter
Welcome to the Big & Dandy Day vs Night Tripping Thread!

sun_moon.jpg

Which do you prefer, why? Discuss the merits and detriments of each, or anything else relevant as the fancy strikes you.

Original post:
Well we've had the indoor/outdoor thread. . now I'm wondering if there are any people like me who prefer tripping in daylight rather than night?
:)

I find it increases the 'nature appreciation' side of things, because you can simply see more of whats around you so your attention focuses on that rather than what you're seeing in black spaces.

Then again on the other hand, theres nothing like lying out in the open on a warm night, staring up into the cosmos while the wind blows through the trees around you..

OK now I can't decide anymore which I prefer. . probably still daytime in general, I think my mood/mindset changes alot depending on my surroundings and light plays a big part in this.

A poll would be nice if its possible mods

Last edited by a moderator:
Id have to say night if i was at home, in my backyard or in a desert where theres nothing but the sky to look at. But if i was in a new place with interesting stuff to look at then id say daytime.

My absolute favourite setting for tripping on acid is daytime when its raining, all the puddles in the road make up so many different objects and patterns.

well like a lot of people i often find myself tripping the majority of the time at night

but nothing beats tripping outside during a nice summer day imo

although i do like tripping at night during a windy fall night, or when it is snowing

It depends on what you're tripping on. IMO LSD is better to experience (especially the first time) at night. If MDMA is included, that's definitely a night experience. Mushrooms are good to try both ways but i think i've had better experiences in the day in nature. That's just my two cents.

depends if i have alot of outside stimulii....nighttime is good for partying and tripping...daytime is good for chilling out and having a heavily introspective trip

Usually during the day nowadays because I do not like to interfere with my sleep pattern.

But, some of my most powerful trips have been at night, alone on the top of a mountain, looking at a sky full of stars.

When I did trip ( a long time ago), It was ALWAYS at home and at night. I used to like to mellow after the peak by watching the sun rise.

night is always a safe bet, but I had a great time in the afternoon at a campground. you can realy make the best out of any time of day, its gonna be different for each time frame. which is awesome.

Mushrooms definitely at night. But when I want do high dose experiments, I prefer to trip during the day because there is no fatigue at all.
You should try mdma an hour after waking up in the morning, I feel there is an obvious difference in intensity.

I definetly prefer the daytime, the morning to be precise. I find it feels just right to wake up early and trip till sunset. Especially when using Mescaline;)

I like starting mid evening and going on into the night but finishing before it starts getting too tiresome.
Even though the above is my favourite way, I do enjoy starting at about 11pm in a club and still partying when the trip ends.

I like both, as well as dawn and dusk tripping.

I find tripping in the wilderness at night has its own profoundness to it. Its a nocturnal wilderness, not a daytime wilderness. I don't get the sights I get in the daytime, so I dwell more onto the sounds and the smells. Its nice to sit quitely and just listen to the night time wildlife sounds in a forest: owls hooting, pack animals howling, deer running around, constant chirping of crickets, birds, toads, and other critters I can't identify, while at the same keying in on all the odors. There's still a scene there to experience. Another thing I like to do is go for hikes in the full moon. I'll take a flashlight with me, but usually I do without the flashlight, and rely on just on my night vision. And there's nothing like a sunrise after a long long night.....

But for me weather is a big factor. Day and night tripping are a seasonal thing. So the tendency is night tripping in the summertime when its hot, and day tripping in the wintertime when its cold, and either or in spring and fall.

Last edited:
Ive mostly tripped at night, and always though it was better until recently. I live very close to the beach, and its the beginning of summer here which is the time a particular tree starts flowering (Pohutukawa). It has the most beautiful bright red flowers which cover the enitre tree, this along with the blue ocean ans 2C-B has definately changed my impressions of tripping during the day

Ever since one negative experience I had outside at night on 2c-e, I find it difficult to trip at night outside. If I'm inside I get fatigued, so I'm definitely a day tripper.

Oh man, how could I choose?

I love tripping at any time of the day, but each time is quite different from the others. For the sake of simplicity, I will only discuss day and night, leaving out all the subtle variations.

I've tripped by far the most at night, simply by chance; I happen to have the most opportunities to be alone then, and thus, the most opportunities to trip (as I don't really have anyone around me who likes to trip like I do). Tripping at night has generally proven to provide the most profound experience. Perhaps this is because the general atmosphere at night is more ominous, more danger-filled, more mysterious and unknown. That energy really permeates a trip. It doesn't have as much of an impact when you're inside, but if you're outside in the wilderness at night, you start to feel like a frightened animal sometimes. Although this can be difficult at times, it also unlocks the doors to some unique aspects of the human, mammalian, and reptilian psyche. I also get much more colorful visuals at night, and much more noticeable.

Day tripping, on the other hand, is generally infused with a sense of wonder and glee and mischief, heavily reminiscent of childhood. I would only ever want to trip outside in nature during the day. Tripping inside would make me feel gross and just make me long for the outdoors. The visuals I get outside in the sunlight are much different from the ones I get inside or in the dark. They consis of heavy magnification of what I'm looking at and incredibly complex, fractallized patterns emerging from the organized chaos of nature, such as through the ruslting leaves of a forest. Forests are definitely my favorite places to be while tripping, followed very closely by mountains. Or forested mountains, better still! I get a much greater sense of communion with nature during the day, and I always feel embraced with absolute love and joy. I've had some very profound and unique experiences outside during the day on psychedelics, but there's a certain edge missing from it that makes each trip more likely to be a fun, recreational, refreshing trip into the land of childhood and nature spirits, rather than a deep, powerful, world-shattering introspective trip.

So, you see, they're both wonderful :)

I trip mostly at night...

However, this year during my birthday I took some acid in the afternoon and wondered into the park near my place. It was pretty hype; the sky was so beautiful- colors I can't really describe, and the laughter of children was angelic. Also,lovers making out and just interracting- all just beautiful and somewhat surreal.

Outside - Day
Inside - Night

I tend to prefer outdoor day tripping all around. However, I'll tend to dose much higher if I'm staying inside during the night. When going for hikes / walks / parks / etc, while I am pretty comfortable being pretty 'out there' -- there is a limit to how 'out of it' you want to be when running around outdoors alone :p

It depends on the substance. Almost without failure, I tend to like the PEAs during the day, and the indolic psychedelics at night. There are exceptions...2C-T-7 is good anytime...MDMA, M1, MDA, etc are only at night...5-MeO-DMT anytime. But in general, I don't take any of the 2Cs at night and I'd tend never to take any tryptamines during the day.