• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals The Big & Dandy Datura Thread

Isn't Datura related very close to Henbane?

They share the same plant family (Solanaceae) but a different genus and specism

There is one manufacture of a Mandragora Berry Liquor here in europe. It has an educt of tropan alkaloid in it. Tried it once and it had a nice alcloholic buzz of course but something got along with it. The same night I had pretty intense dreams that stuck in my mind. To me it seemed like a safe way to use these tropan alkaloids, cause the content of alkaloids is not high enough to really hurt yourself, unless you drink a shitload of it.

Huh. My cousin told me about my uncle taking Datura around 20 years ago (He actually didn't tell me took Datura, I asked him if he had ever tripped wth mu uncle, who was an old hippy, and he said he hadn't but he watched him eat some Jimson Weed). They said he went missing. Nobody saw him for 2 days, and then they found him naked, living in the woods like a Neanderthal. I figured he was exaggerating, but reading this thread; seems completely plausible.

The days before i had internet as a teen i had a friend who thought it was a good idea to do datura so i joined in i had not the slightlest clue about it.

This shit is pure fucking evil and nobody should ever try it.

Your so far gone from reality but your so delusional you pretty much think your sober even though your in something far worse than hell.

While tripping on datura you pretty much think its normal for objects to be talking walking around or talking to the animals like its the tv show the wild thornberries

Those who didn't do datura out in the woods or a farm will usually get picked up by the cops or a ambulance after the encounter the public your beyond batshit crazy on this stuff. It can take many months to return to what i would call normal reality it can give anybody perma psychosis from one trip.

Datura also has the most extreme shared visuals if you have done with it somebody it still dumbfounds me to this day how fucking surreal this effect can be your pretty much on a shared psychosis with whoever your tripping with.

If satan exists it is datura this plant is born from the depths of hell

Datura stramonium grows wild where I am. I know of a few plants growing in the mountains or in a gulley that I visit and tend each year. Yesterday, though, I was walking around my neighborhood, and noticed that a neighbor has a large plant growing in the corner of their yard! I'm going to introduce myself and ask if I can harvest some of their seed pods this coming equinox.

I use the seeds as allergy medicine, sleep aids, and dream aids. I've used Datura as a hallucinogen before, but I probably wouldn't do that again.

i've taken tropane containers as adducts to a few different things (acid, dmt, weed, kratom, dxm), it makes for a decent side- effects dampener for kratom in small doses.

i also used to take it for ibs. datura, brugmansia, isolated tropanes, whatever i could get.

the problem is (ok, not nearly the ONLY problem), even different days or different parts of the same plant can have varying potencies.

i never aimed for delerium, but one time when i was younger and even stupider (yes, i used to be even stupider lol) overdid it accidentally (on kratom and memantine, maybe weed cannot remember) and freaked my family out.

i told them the truth (well, at least that i accidentally overdosed on a plant i was trying to use as a medicine for my gut), and that i would be fine by morning (which turned out to be thankfully true) and they didn't call 911. i knew i was under the influence pretty much the whole time.

basically it was like was sleep - walking, talking complete jibberish half the time and half coherent at other times. no amnesia, afaik, and i remember thinking that i was making complete sense and THEY were the crazy ones that refused to hear me out.

after everyone went to bed, i distinctly remember talking to them still and hallucinated them talking back. it took me a few minutes to remember that they had gone to bed, and it ended up being entertaining to talk to the apparitions.

this is the one time i remember going apeshit on the drug, and i never want to again (i got asponsadilities now)...

...actually now that i think about it, sometime years ago i was talking to this girl on the phone; long story short, at some point she hung up on me and i never heard from her again. i remember i had taken a small amount of datura that day, so that must be it. i remember the conversation was normal... maybe not so normal afterall. the call log showed i actually did talk to her for awhile, so maybe i stopped making sense at some point. shit, i'm a dumbass.

o, and i also freaked the fuck out when i smoked the datura with dmt... long story, but yeah... not recommended to fuck with this shit. never have i had a useful psychoactive high out of it.

crazy ass fucking dreams if taken before bed

Last edited:
Jimson Weed grows all over here. Every year you used to read in the paper about a hippie who did too much and was picked up by the cops batshit crazy.

Being a "responsible hippie", a friend and I harvested an entire plant and experimented with lower doses. Between 5 and 20 seeds orally would give varying antihistamine like but more floaty and weird (at higher doses) effects. We did most of the seeds by adding them to bowls of pot or hash. Adds to the high but takes from the quality of it.

One night, no other drugs but beer, we decided to push the envelope. We broke what was left of the seed into two piles, a small pile in the palm of each of our hands.
(PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING I SAY AS A DOSAGE RECOMMENDATION)
We sat down to drink the beer and both got a strong, almost PCP like, high. A hammer to the head. Our mouths were so dry that our tongues and lips stuck together. We finished a bunch of beer very quickly and suffered greatly from the cottonmouth the rest of the night. So far, so good.

When I lay down to sleep, I dreamily visualized various mundane objects rotating and the like. Chests of drawers, etc.... actually drifting into dream and seeing the things.
However, multiple times throughout the night, all night actually, without any memory of why, I would start out of bed, actually jumping up and walking a few steps. I was alarmed or terrified at something I never remembered. Then I'd lay back down and dreamily and kinda pleasantly see the objects again.

The next day, both my friend and myself had horribly blurred vision. We couldn't read for a day or two and it went away quite gradually over a week or so. I remember a bad hangover.

So, I feel as if I just barely propped that Datura delirium door open and that I definitely dodged a bullet.

Never did it again. My "Datura summer". We would often see plants thereafter. They bloom like ghosts in the evening... moonflower.

sounds like you were right at that cusp of complete delerium like i had experienced in my overdose combo.

the cottonmouth was always an indicator that i would need to stop. i'd take a little bit about every 4 hours or so, and iirc it seems to have additive fx, getting longer lasting as i dosed more.

there's definitely a place where the delerium hasn't set in, but there's a real haze to everything.

very dangerous to aim for that cusp, though... just a little too far of a push and... well, we all know the stories.