PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Bromo-Dragonfly/DOB-Dragonfly Thread

Ghettotastic_bong

Bluelighter
DOX Safety Discussion Thread

DISCLAIMER (NOTE FROM THE FUTURE - 2007):

THE DOSES REPORTED FOR THIS CHEMICAL ARE IN MANY CASES WILD GUESSES BECAUSE THEY WERE DOSED ON BLOTTER. SUCH SMALL DOSES, ESPECIALLY ON BLOTTER, ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO MEASURE AND THUS THE REPORTS OF DOSAGES BELOW SHOULD BE TAKEN WITH A GRAIN OF SALT, OR POSSIBLY A WHOLE BARREL.

ADDITIONALLY, A LOT OF THE DOSES AND EXPERIENCES DISCUSSED BELOW ARE NOT EVEN VERIFIED TO BE BROMO-DFLY (DOB-DFLY). PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE WE ATTEMPT TO SORT THIS ALL OUT.

AND IN THE MEANTIME, PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION.

HERE IS A LINK TO RANDOM SCRAPS EDITED OUT OF HERE: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=347002

Does anyone have any information about this chemical? The research i did showed that it's a more potent analog of DOB, but am not really sure of anything beyond that (including dosing range).

Have any bluelighers aquired this chemical yet? it looks like it could be part of the "second wave" of research chems

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been on the lookout for this compound myself, in the UK, no luck so far,although I gather its been going around in the US.

It is an extremely potent serotonergic psychedelic, like the DOx series, but it lasts for several days.

The dosage is measured in the microgram range.

Thats about all I know on it, that, and I wish I had a gram or two, would be a lifetime supply=D (or at least a damn long time)

It is an extremely potent serotonergic psychedelic, like the DOx series, but it lasts for several days.

It lasts pretty much the same length of time as the corresponding DOx compound at the equivalent dose (200-250ug of bromo-dragonfly equating to 1.5-2mg for DOB). You'd only get days if you tried taking 1.5-2mg of the bromo-dragonfly

^ What, the IUPAC name or the one that normally gets used?

The non-IUPAC is 8-bromo-4-(2-aminopropyl)benzodifuran. The IUPAC name is a nightmare of brackets and numbers!

it's not THAT big of a nightmare :p salvia is way worse...
bromo-dragonfly is (1-(8-bromobenzo[1,2-b;4,5-b']difuran-4-yl)-2-aminopropane

:edit:

Last edited:
Are the dragonfly's covered by the UK's phen analog act thingie?

Oh no! =D

They're all outside the definition of controlled phenethylamine derivatives because of the ring closure to form the two furan groups - what a shame!!

I've had a few different things said to me about this one in the U.S. , the analog laws, so what be the word, if any?

Analog, no doubt in my mind. I think I've even seen the creator of that chemical refer to it as a "complexly substitued phenethylamine"

I've had a few different things said to me about this one in the U.S. , the analog laws, so what be the word, if any?

From last summers crackdown on internet RC vendors, The Ryan Haight Bill and recent editions of Micrograms, it seems as if the DEA considers all research chemicals in the tryptamine and phenethylamine families to be analogs of already existing illegal drugs. Regardless of whether or not this is scientifically sound. And it doesn't sound as if anyone charged is fighting it.

^^^

Anyone that would have the legal resources to win such a case is probably smart enough not to get arrested in the first place. Its not worth it.

From what I've seen of the way the US analogue law works, I'd bet that they could turn something like fructose into an analogue with the help of their twisted 'pet' chemists

"bromobenzo[1,2-b;4,5-b']" I don't even understand that... what the hell does a semicolon in the middle of a multi-cyclo notation mean

the 1,2-b and 4,5-b indicate which carbon atoms are common to both the benzene ring and the attached furan rings. The semicolon indicates that it refers to two separate furan rings.
Like I said, the IUPAC name leaves no margin for doubt as to the structure, but does very little in terms of allowing the reader to get an immediate idea of the shape of the molecule in question; once you get 2 or more rings involved, it starts to look like an explosion in an alphabetti spaghetti factory! The IUPAC name for something with multiple rings, some of them being heterocyclic (eg buprenorphine or ibogaine) isn't woth thinking about unless your sending an article into something like J. Org Chem, or a drug patent application...

I thought that the bromo-dragonfly compounds were extremely hard to synthesize. I actually thought that they are harder to make than LSD?

Even if they are harder to synth, it's a lot easier and cheaper to get their precursors than LSD's.

The synthesis reactions may be a little more involved/more of them, as compared with LSD, but it has 2 (poss even 3) things definitely going for it.

1. You're not limited to a very narrow range of precursors like LSD (have to start with ergot alkaloids if it's to be synthed in commercial amounts)

2. You don't have to have a fuck-off sized chromatography column, filled with a shitload of zeolite, to separate the reaction products.

3. No specialized storage conditions (unlike that delicate little flower, LSD) as it doesn't isomerize to an inactive product just because you got it a bit warm.

As it's active at doses not much more than LSD, I think that you'll see loads of it circulating in the next few years. I mean, can you see organized criminals letting something like this pass them by?

Well, organized crime never really picked up on high-potency opioids, which are certainly not more difficult to make but would be more profitable to sell. Seems organized crime just isn't into synthetic chemistry.

Well dob takes over two hours to kick in - about double the time that LSD takes to warp the users brain. I wonder if brdf kicks in any faster than dob, this could save some unintentional od's. Dob often got portrayed by the media as some sort of bunk drug that was used to dupe xtc users. Let us hope that brdf does not get dismissed as easily. I would like to see the synthesis of this compound come to light since I only know what hest has written about it in one of his dreams on another board. As quite often happens when one follows a literature procedure, when conditions are less than perfect, yields can become hopelessly impeded in certain cases.

From the people i've talked to who have tried this drug, my understanding is that it takes fairly long to kick in. One friend told me that one shouldn't expect to be full-out tripping until +5:00.

There's also a good chance of a trip report appearing on the subject sometime in the next week. I'll keep you guys updated.