• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy BOx Series Thread

It's nearly 10 times more expensive than a 2C which is why I'm hesitant to purchase any if the dose required is higher than listed in PiHKAL.

Maybe i sould change my source of 2c's then cause to me it's about 3 times the cost of a 2c but still afordable.

If 2c-d is one of the lighter 2c's, it maybe also light but i'm not an expert. Can anybody with chemystry background make a guess about this?

Bod is now availble to me and i was wandering if i sould get some or not. It's apealing but scary at the same time

Just tried BOD last night after doing an alergy test a couple of weeks ago. Started with ~15mg orally, the comeup was little rough but not much different to some other Phens I've tried. After the comeup, ~ 45 mins, I insufflated an additional 5mg, and found the trip to be on the mild side but pretty enjoyable at the same time.

Very little bodyload, not vey visual, was easy on the mind, and allowed for an relaxing night of tripping where I could contemplate things in my mind very easily. A mild headache on the tail end of the trip and was able to eat and sleep somwhat OK on the comedown.

IMO, this isn't a bad chemical. Nice relaxing headspace, somewhat enjoyable, and would repeat the experience again, but maybe start at the low 20's next time and see where that goes.

There is a couple of reports on erowid that don't seem bad and I'm surprised that there isn't that many reports out there, but I suppose it IS a pretty rare chemical.

It's rare but it's worthwhile, it became my favorite among the mild ones by a long shot. The speculation about excessive bodyload or issues with hypertension above turned out to be without any in case of BOD. It's pleasant all around in doses up to 40mg. I'd love to taste more compounds of the series, I think there are a few gems in store for us.

It's always an appeal trying something for the first time, or being amongst the few to try something new & interesting! But how far away from the actions of more common Psychedelics can we take things with new chemicals & to what point? Are there any truly unique effects to discover amongst newer Psychedelics that are highly enjoyable & if so, are they worth the risk of exploring completely novel compounds?

Of course, we all know Shulgin has necked alot of compounds in his time. He can't possibly have got every single synthesis perfect, he could not possibly have tested every single compound in the exact right dose with absolutely no tolerance & in the exactly correct setting. There simply has to be variables even he (& we) have yet to consider, so there could be some seriously beautiful molecules out there that have only been assayed by one (admittedly genius) person who, for whatever reason (synthesis route, dosage, headspace, setting) he didn't enjoy.

I have found BOD to be available to me, and unlike what has been said in this thread it is in line with the costs of the 2c's.. considering the dose ranges its quite a lot cheaper than 2c-d. Considering trying it, but have only found a grand total of four reports now hah. Yet none of these reports really seem to mention horrible body load and so on that several people have speculated about.

Someone mentioned the beta-methoxy group would demethylate into a hydroxy group when metabolized, so does this mean that what actually gets to the brain is not then actually BOD? I guess its all irrelevant, but if these compounds just have portions of the molecules cleaved off before they reach the brain, then what is the sense in making them as such? I wish I knew more, I find it absolutely incredible that you could make predictions about what receptors a molecule would target and what effects it would cause simply by looking at it.

I've tried 22 mg BOD once, and I wasn't really impressed, but I think I have to try it again to really have an opinion. And I might up the dose next time.

Right, there was no bodyload what so ever, very smooth in every aspect and not very visual either. So quite good for a party, or maybe a museum drug, if that is your thing. Reminded me a bit of a low dose 2C-D. Duration I think was some 10 hourish, but the peak was a just a few hour I think, I got a bit drunk so I'm not sure about that 8)

Anyway, yeah, it's good, but nothing special. I'll do it again some time for sure, but I think there are many other more exciting psychedelics to spend your time on.

Ah so it was your trip report I read on here and I believe erowid. I've never considered the idea that something could be a museum drug, I havent been to the museum in quite some time and the idea intrigues me very much haha.

I do have plenty more to spend my time on being so new to the 'scene' its just the vendor I came across who has this has pretty steep shipping rates and I wanted to get some pure dxm powder, and was thinking about some 2c-p and I saw the BOD and thought why not make the shipping more worth while.. In any case like you said, with what I have now.. I've got plenty of exploring to do as is at the moment :)

No, I didn't post any trip reports. I might write one though if I take it again.

One could say that even though 2C-P is probably a more spectacular trip, then the BOD is maybe a once in a life time chance to try it. Who knows if it will ever become available again......

edit: I was just doing the dishes, and it occured to me that beta-methoxy 2C-C would probably be really, really good =D I could see that one pan out as something nice for sure.

Last edited:
I'm gonna go ahead and shamelessly bump this thread in hopes that more people have delved into the BOx series. BOD has been available for quite a while but the lack of reports has turned me off, well that and the fact that everyone seems to be underdosing. Anyone find this series worthwhile? (BOD in particular)

One could say that even though 2C-P is probably a more spectacular trip ...

That is a comparison that I find is relatively accurate, for those looking for one. I find BOD has similar overall duration (10-14 hrs and highly dosage dependant), onset (2-3 hrs), and general intensity of experience as 2C-P, at slightly higher but roughly similar dosage levels. To me, a BOD experience typically contains less outright psychedelia and more stimulation and euphoria. I rarely experience more than hints of visuals on any compound, and BOD was no different, but did have a very pleasant body load and an otherwise good time. I did not find the headspace particularly introspective, but certainly very relaxed, calm, and confident. The comparison to a lengthened 2C-D trip is obvious but not inaccurate.

So, a worthwhile experience, but not mindblowing.

I topped out my experiments at 38mg after titrating up from 1mg, and felt I could go higher but did not want to. All experiments used oral ROA. I tend to be a hardhead with PEAs, though, a comfortable +++ 2C-P dose for me is 24mg. This doesn't seem to be related to tolerance, so please take any dosages I list with a grain of salt. ALWAYS do allergy tests and titrate up slowly. This is a long one to ride out if you crest a little higher than you want, and the effects and levels of toxicity are little known.

Last edited:
I also am fairly resistant to phens but while I haven't given 2c-p a go I doubt I would need to go as high as 24mgs. It does seem that the people taking 20-25mgs seem to be underdosing, do things even get that much better at higher end doses? When you say you worked your way up to 38mgs how slow were you titrating up? You think tolerance stepped in before you reached your full dose? Also it seems all reports are at social gatherings, I'm guessing this is a rather clearheaded (or empty depending on how you look at it) psychedelic like the milder 2c's and may be a nice social lubricant or part drug? Sorry if I'm pestering you with questions but info on this chem is so damn rare and your all I got to work with lol.