View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy bk-MDMA (Methylone) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... I've taken at least about 60 grams during 3.5 years (or nearly 4 years).

I have the urge to feel intoxicated daily (what a surprise...) but there are not many drugs I really enjoy. Alcohol and stimulants are my choices and will be, and methylone has less harsh after effects compared to other strong stims. I drink daily a few beers and they make me crave methylone, since they are so damn good together. For now these two drugs are no problem for me but I recognize very well that I may have to pay for this habit later on.

Nice to meet a man after my own heart Hellman. While I'm not in your usage league (yet..) I must admit I find methylone to be quite possibly the most gorgeous non-psychedelic I've ever tried. MDMA was nice but the 3 day comedown gets old very quickly. It's not a drug for partying with but for just staying home and relaxing it's absolutely wonderful.

^^ Agreed. I never let myself use it except when I happened upon it because it would have depleted my money much too quickly!

Very true, it certainly needs a little willpower to use responsibly.

Best idea for methylone and one I will ALWAYS do with it (since I also have the tendency to redose on MDx like chems). Weigh out your dose(s) then keep your stash somewhere else where you can't access it.

Be safe, be slow, take your time with it.

Very sensible of you.

Strange how it's mdma like yet you can use it a lot more frequently without any falling off of the effects.

But best thing to do is keep it fairly irregular - once a month or so.

And yet I (with a very addictive personality) still have some M1 I bought back in 2001, and oodles more I bought later and never abuse it (indeed hardly use it) and certainly never have to 'try' to keep myself away. Still can't understand how people claim it is 'addictive' but obviously some people do become habituated to it. But it doesn't induce cravings in everyone...that is my point. It is one of my favorite psychedelics too (yes, M1 is very much a psychedelic for me).

Again, I found it to be almost identical to Cocaine in its addictive properties: I crave it all next day, but once that goes unsatisfied, I don't even think about it (that is, until if I ever take the drug again later, of course. In the case of coke, its been about 2 years since the last time I had it).

It's a strange one. I never found E particularly more-ish but I do find methylone "more-ish". Not sure why that would be.

There is only a 2-3 hour window that I crave it. The next day there is no craving whatsoever, only a calm benign 'settled' feeling.

I've used it only once at +3 levels though. I probably won't use it again until in a serious relationship since once alone was good enough to 'break through' some personal issues I was working with.

Peace, Love, and Light.

M1 is best used (in my experience) in conjunction with a significant other. This is both because I find it a strong sexual stimulant, and because it's empatheogenic properties are best realized (in my experience) if there is someone there to have them with...what better person than an intimate loved one. Although I did once take M1 with my mother...and we had a wonderful and very open night of discussion. But with a lover is better!

samadhi_smiles said:
There is only a 2-3 hour window that I crave it. The next day there is no craving whatsoever, only a calm benign 'settled' feeling.

I've used it only once at +3 levels though. I probably won't use it again until in a serious relationship since once alone was good enough to 'break through' some personal issues I was working with.

Peace, Love, and Light.

Does anyone feel that, because of its effects' similarity to MDMA, M1 has the potential to be neurotoxic?

Maybe but I find it a lot more benign in it's after-effects so maybe not.

It would be an interesting thing to study tho because according to this "serotonin theory" of how E works the E makes the serotonin "squirt out" which is why you get the mood crash a few days later. But methylone has a similar feel to it and yet you don't get the mood crash 3 days later.

So either the theory of how E causes the mood crash is bullshit or methylone works in a completely different way.

Ismene said:
It would be an interesting thing to study tho because according to this "serotonin theory" of how E works the E makes the serotonin "squirt out" which is why you get the mood crash a few days later. But methylone has a similar feel to it and yet you don't get the mood crash 3 days later.

So either the theory of how E causes the mood crash is bullshit or methylone works in a completely different way.

Perhaps the mood crash from methylone is so insignificant that you do not feel it. That doesn't necessarily mean that it is not present.

Maybe but what does that mean regarding serotonin? Does methylone make serotonin squirt out like E allegedly does?

I have found myself feeling a little sluggish and dumb the next day, however on weekends when I decide to do drugs I'm such a poly drug glutton that I one something else before Ii get really misersble.

spun420 v. 2.0 said:
dbailley, how about an update on how things turned out for you? I hope everything was allright. Be careful mixing meds! Peace and love brother.

Thanks man, it's nice to get some love! Anyway, my opinion on the matter is that the Tramadol caused the shakiness. As I took it the next day (the tram) at the same dose and it resulted in the same symptoms. I'd never read of anyone taking Tramadol and experiencing shaking, so maybe it was just an atypical reaction for me. My overall opinion on m1 is that of E. It doesn't work if one is taking an SSRI antidepressant. I'd taken E a little over a year ago and it worked just fine, but I was on a different &lower dose (lexapro 20mgs). Right now I'm taking 50mgs. of paxil daily and that is just a complete wash out of effects as far as this class of drugs goes. So being me I pigged a gram in 2 days and it was just a waste of time, unfortunately. I'll probably never try it again as it was very overpriced from the source I obtained it from. Too bad, I had high hopes for this as alot of people seem to like it. The only way I'd ever try it again is if someone offered it and I was off the paxil for at least a week beforehand. Take care.:)

Tramadol lowers the seizure threshold significantly. Be careful with that stuff! :)

If you encounter it again, I'd give methylone another try, but only if you had been off Paxil, and especially only if you had not taken Tramadol recently.

Tramadol MAY lower the seizure threshold in around 1% of those people who take it - usually people with a history of convulsions/epilepsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.