Votes: 24 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Sometimes / Completely depends on whether it is salt or freebase

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters

Solipsis

Bluelight Crew
Welcome to the Big & Dandy αMT Thread (Part 5)

500px-AMT.svg.png

3D view:

NSFW:

amt_3d.jpg

Alpha-Methyltryptamine

line2_metal3.gif

External Links

line2_metal3.gif

Subthread Hyperlinks

line2_metal3.gif

Previous Archived Thread
[FIRST PAGE] - [PENULTIMATE PAGE]

Related Threads

Reagent test reactions:

2d97bpk.png

Some of the last posts from the previous thread:

Yeah DMT is powerful stuff, if only you didn't have to come back to reality with nothing but little clips as a reminder. It's like DMT shows you so much that your body just doesn't have the capability to soak it all in. After a breakthrough dose I just sit in awe for like 10mins just saying "what the fuck?!?" over and over, no matter how many times I take DMT it never fails to amaze me. During my first few trips, before I take that toke I think I know what I'm getting myself into until I break into hyperspace and the presence tells me "uh uh buddy, you thought last trip was amazing, look what else I have.to show you".

The DMT realm is a very strange place, while I haven't encountered any visible entities there has always been a presence that communicates to me through my own mind if that makes sense, it's like this entity is communicating to me without using words. I sometimes wonder if these "entities" are just our inner soul speaking to us with our egos completely gone. Whatever happens during my DMT trips are simply un-explainable which is why I don't even bother trying to make trip reports about my experiences. Sub breakthrough doses are beautiful as well, it's like jumping straight into the peak of a really strong mushroom trip, only downside is the short duration. I really need to get a hold of some more DMT, I just don't want to work with all the chemicals and extract it myself as I have ZERO chemistry knowledge and the required chemicals are pretty toxic, don't wanna risk leaving any of that shit in the final product.

As for the aMT trip, if your going the oral route you may feel some nausea, anxiety, and body temp changes for a couple hours but they go away after 2-3 hours. If you feel the urge to vomit I urge you to do so. aMT is like mescaline in that as soon as you purge the trip begins and you feel a hell of alot better. In all reality though the best way to take aMT is plugged but understandably not everyone is down for that. It makes the trip so fucking smooth and amazingly clear that I would never go back to oral, it also brings the duration to around 12 hours which can either be positive or negative depending on if you like long trips. Anyways let us know how it goes when you decide to give it a go.

Yeah, your experience with dmt is "similar" to the concept i have about it, which is why I agree that it is in no way comparable to to aMT.

If you take it expecting a mindblowing experience like dmt, you will be underwhelmed, no doubt ! Haha..

It has a lot to do with what you expect... When I took it in those dosages i kinda knew what to expect, so I wasnt frustrated, and had a wonderful time.

However, the lower 9mg dose was better for that purpose: a light, euphoric and social trip, but never failing to open my eyes fore some subtile aspects of life.

I admit that 35mg made me unconfortable some times, and I now I think it makes sense what you guys are saying, and I agree that this trip was very wavy!
Next time i have the opportunity (probably far in the future), I will definetly try a bigger dose, expecting to achieve that overwhelming euphoria some users describe.... How much should I take to breakthrough?

^ 50+mg doses is where aMT shines. It's amazing how the whole demeanor of the trip changes at higher doses. Also I get WAY more side-effects and bodyload at lower doses than high doses. At low doses I don't get that "drop" that I get at higher doses, what I mean by "drop" is that around 3 hours in on a breakthrough dose litterally ALL bodyload dissapears and this orgasmic euphoria and happiness sets in that marks the beginning of the true aMT experience, from here on is a real treat. Visuals also get to a nice level at high doses, I personally find aMT quite visual but since alot of people report little visuals I don't hype up aMT's visual aspect as your right, expectations unfulfilled lead to dissapointment. My first trip ever which was with aMT litterally gave me the most instense visuals of my life, I also likely overdosed though as I didn't weigh my supposed "50mg" order. Either way it was rediculously visual, think fully 3 dimensional visuals that you could walk a full circle around and see it as if it were a real object. Read post #694 where I explain the visuals a bit more in depth.

Ok thanks, deffo will be 50mg next time. wouldnt want a DMT type of experience from it tbh

My first DMT trip report from back in the day

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/518914-First-DMT-Experience

Kinda changed me, never thought a person could experience something like that. feel blessed to have experienced something so....... whatever it was

I'd think dangerous levels of residuals from synthesis could be smelled or detected using pH papers. A re-crystallization should address most of such issues, and all the techniques for getting to that point are pretty easy. As far as duration is concerned, I'd be interested in using a nebulizer with DMT to address that. It strikes me as the ideal approach to DMT for fans of the smoked experience. Presumably all you'd have to do to re-up effects with such an apparatus is take another inhalation from the nozzle. It'd be pretty awesome to have a gallon of concentrated DMT solution hooked up to a nebulizer just sitting around for convenience's sake --hell of an awesome thing to have warmed up a just sitting out at a party, too (theoretically).

I fucking love graham hancock, a very intelligent man indeed. I think joe rogan can be a bit douchey at times but the podcasts he has with graham as a guest are VERY interesting as are the episodes with a man named aubrey marcus and danielle bolleli, I reccomend listening to them there on youtube, very pro-psychedelic views from intelligent people.

I've seen methods and tutorials on extractions but I just don't feel comfortable working with lye and all that other shit, trust me when I say I have no knowledge of chemistry, I feel like I would fuck up somehow but tbh it's only a matter of time before I give it a shot, IDK how much longer I can go without having DMT around. The nebuliser idea would be really nifty, the good thing with DMT is I can keep redosing low level doses with little tolerance so having something like that would be a good thing to have around but alot would go wasted in-between hits. Like you said those this would be good for kickbacks with small groups of people just sitting in a circle taking turns hitting the neb.

Last edited:
please excuse my relatively pointless post.... but I just wanted to say that injecting AMT subthread might be one of the messiest threads I've seen on BL lol

that being said AMT is absolutely legendary IMO and I can't wait to procure it one day

aMT is indeed legendary, well in my eyes at least. Hate the be the bearer of bad news but being that you live in the states you may very well never be able to procure this great chem, that is unless you risk ordering from the UK but I wouldn't even think of doing that. Customs is tight with packages coming from the UK, same with china as well. I made the risk a while back and procured a gram that was supposed to last at least a year or two... it's been like 2-3 months and all I have is 50mgs lol, I'm such an aMT glutton it's disgusting 8)

About 15yrs ago I took a capsule that everyone called the matrix. I had a lot of experience with LSD, MDxx and shrooms but this experience was different. After reading trip reports I believe I might have taken AMT but I can't rule out 2cb which went by a similar name at one time(nexus). I just wondered if somebody could explain the main differences between the two experiences? The duration doesn't seem to match AMT.

I've taken about 5 2c's but unfortunatetly not 2c-b but I'm very experienced with aMT and aMT is such a unique drug I could still probably figure out if what you had was indeed aMT by a questionier although this is still gonna be an assumption as nobody could tell you what you took for certain.. Did this drug last 12-18 hours? How long did it take to come-up? Did the chemical have a foul odor? Was there an MDMA like body high and some music appreciation? Was the first 2-3 hours rough ie. Vomiting, nausea, fever, chills? What color was the material? Do you know the dose? Was the next day rough or did you feel maybe a bit drained but with a positive almost anti-depressant like metality? Answering all these questions will ge me some more info to work on.

Edit: apparently 2c-b only lasts around 6-8 hours so your duration is gonna be the key factor to rule one of these out.

Last edited:
It wasn't very rough and didn't have a lot of come up. It kinda just hit you all at once with visuals. Although it did take almost 2hrs. It did have a lot of empathy like MDxx and was very tactile. I think it lasted like 9hrs. I guess I will never know but this does seem more in line with 2c-b. Damn.... I am getting really interested in psychedelics again. I need to go out and start procuring my natural materials and start working towards my mescaline and DMT experiences. Thank you for your time and Sorry for derailing the thread.

aMT is indeed legendary, well in my eyes at least. Hate the be the bearer of bad news but being that you live in the states you may very well never be able to procure this great chem, that is unless you risk ordering from the UK but I wouldn't even think of doing that. Customs is tight with packages coming from the UK, same with china as well. I made the risk a while back and procured a gram that was supposed to last at least a year or two... it's been like 2-3 months and all I have is 50mgs lol, I'm such an aMT glutton it's disgusting 8)

I'm very lucky to be north of the border and about to order 50g of this gem. I've only done it a few times but it's quickly moved to the top of my list. The afterglow is just extraordinary! I read about its antidepressant effects in tihkal but the last 2 times I tried it I had a awesome afterglow for about a week. My GF mentioned the same thing but the afterglow only lasted a few days for her. Is the afterglow consistent every time you take aMT or does it become less pronounced if you take it semi regularly? I could see myself taking it ever 2nd weekend or so just based on its antidepressant effects alone!

Somnilicious what you had sounds more like 2c-b than aMT but I have no idea really, it just doesn't sound too much like aMT besides the uphoria although I may be wrong. From what I hear 2c-b also takes around 2 hours to come up but I've never taken it personally.

@BT The afterglow definately lessens with time but that maybe due to the fact that I was kinda abusing it. I would dose weekly about two to three times a month for the entire gram. About three of those weekends I was on aMT from 3pm saturday to 3-5am sunday with and 8 hour nap in between. My doses were also never under 50mgs. I just couldn't help it, aMT is just everything I want in a hedonistic drug and what increases it's longevity is the fact that it goes great with everything. Also, I find tolerance builds rather slowly and I'm able to achieve nearly the same effects the second day of dosing if I upped the dose by 5-10mgs.

aMT is the only psychedelic that I would say I have a real mental addiction to. It's like a candyflip that leaves you feeling great the next day instead of feeling like shit. One combo that I don't reccomend but really enjoyed was 60mgs plugged aMT and when the buzz was on it's decline add a small 50mg dose of 5-apb hcl and 20mgs of 4-aco-dmt and this synergizes into a very bizzare, beautiful mystical state. People say that APB's and aMT is a deathblow.but if you time things right and keep the dose low you can do this combo with no problems and it's such a beautiful state I have just cried at how beautiful the eperience was.

Last edited:
It wasn't very rough and didn't have a lot of come up. It kinda just hit you all at once with visuals. Although it did take almost 2hrs. It did have a lot of empathy like MDxx and was very tactile. I think it lasted like 9hrs. I guess I will never know but this does seem more in line with 2c-b. Damn.... I am getting really interested in psychedelics again. I need to go out and start procuring my natural materials and start working towards my mescaline and DMT experiences. Thank you for your time and Sorry for derailing the thread.

sounds like some good ol' cid. =D

^ lol no it doesn't, acid starts around 40mins to 1 hour TOPS, well for me... He would know if L was a possibility just by the ROA, if it was either liquid or blotter then maybe but if this came in a capsule or powder it's VERY unlikely someone would lace a powder with a drop or two of acid, lol no point really as acid sells far better than an RC given some fancy schmancy nickname. What he describes does sound a bit like what I've read about 2c-b, a chem I'd kill for depite many claiming how over-rated it is. Nowadays 2c-b and 2c-t-2 are the only 2c's that I still have an interest in, this series was rather boring like most phens tbh. Anyways... This is the B&D aMT thread so I'll stop derailing thread now =D

^ 50+mg doses is where aMT shines. It's amazing how the whole demeanor of the trip changes at higher doses. Also I get WAY more side-effects and bodyload at lower doses than high doses. At low doses I don't get that "drop" that I get at higher doses, what I mean by "drop" is that around 3 hours in on a breakthrough dose litterally ALL bodyload dissapears and this orgasmic euphoria and happiness sets in that marks the beginning of the true aMT experience, from here on is a real treat. Visuals also get to a nice level at high doses, I personally find aMT quite visual but since alot of people report little visuals I don't hype up aMT's visual aspect as your right, expectations unfulfilled lead to dissapointment. My first trip ever which was with aMT litterally gave me the most instense visuals of my life, I also likely overdosed though as I didn't weigh my supposed "50mg" order. Either way it was rediculously visual, think fully 3 dimensional visuals that you could walk a full circle around and see it as if it were a real object. Read post #694 where I explain the visuals a bit more in depth.

Yesssss, I will definitely try it that way!
About the whole puking subject... The first time I took aMT, looong time ago, it was just as you described in post #694. But the compound smelled worse, and the whole experience was qualitatively worse. However, with the new batch I've got, the maximum i felt was some slight anxiety, like feeling cold inside my belly during the come-up. So that makes me think it depends a lot on the product you have.
Also, I heard of people pre-loading the trip with anti-nausea pharmaceutical, dramamine, i guess? Wouldn't that solve the problem?

I've seen methods and tutorials on extractions but I just don't feel comfortable working with lye and all that other shit, trust me when I say I have no knowledge of chemistry, I feel like I would fuck up somehow but tbh it's only a matter of time before I give it a shot, IDK how much longer I can go without having DMT around. The nebuliser idea would be really nifty, the good thing with DMT is I can keep redosing low level doses with little tolerance so having something like that would be a good thing to have around but alot would go wasted in-between hits. Like you said those this would be good for kickbacks with small groups of people just sitting in a circle taking turns hitting the neb.

Extracting DMT is pretty safe if you choose the right tek and do everything right (just follow the recipe, its not rocket science). There is even one food-grade tek, that uses calcium hydroxide instead of lye, and d-limonene instead of petroleum solvents ;). I am yet to try this one, but it seems to be very effective.

BTW, that interview with graham hancock left me thinking about it since yesterday! I have seen the movie "The spirit molecule" but hadn't seen those interviews yet. The ones with Alex Grey are also very nice!

Last edited:
Well like I've said plenty of times, I only plug aMT now so I never vomit. When taken this way all I experience is slight nausea and fever like symptoms from t+ 40mins to T+1.5 hours so I just lay down for that 45 minutes and wait for the side-effects dissapear. When I was taking it orally I wouldn't want to take any anti-emetics in fear of having the bodyload last throughout ghe trip, I felt that as soon as I vomited everything went smooth from then on so I would hate to force myself to keep the material in my body. If you do decide to take an anti-nausea medication I would take ondansetron as it's a 5-ht3 antagonist which is the receptor responsible for these side effects, I doubt DPH or any other H1 blockers would put a dent in anything.

Plugged, when the side-effects dissapear, your left with what feels like 40-60mgs of MDMA and you may think "seriously?, that's it?" then BAM! around 2.5-3 hours in your slapped with the most orgasmic euphoria ever, it feels like a less synthetic, more natural super MDMA with complex visuals not unlike a tab of strong acid. From here on I'm typically VERY sedated and almost enter a dream like state where I just put on my quality headphones, blast EDM, and sit in a pitch black room squirming on my bed in sheer pleasure all while enjoying the sexy, smoky geometric visuals. Effects start to fade 8 hours in and by 10-12 hours I'm near baseline but with a fantastic afterglow that synergized with the kratom and benzos I take to fade asleep peacefully.

Your experience may not be like this as aMT is extremely variable but this is what aMT brings to my table everytime, I WILL be taking my last dose on saturday... I just can't help it. I'm contemplating adding 1.5-2mgs of DOC as well but I can never bring myself to do it in fear of vasoconstriction. I also don't wanna waste my last dose in the case I don't enjoy the combo. I have a "feeling" that some more aMT will make it's way into my lap so I think I'll save the combo for another time.

Regarding the DMT extraction, I was talking to ColtDan through PM and he convinced me, I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks for bringing up that "green" method as I would prefer to not work with such harsh solvents and chemicals. This isn't gonna happen anytime in the near future though but mark my words, it WILL happen. Also yeah, graham is a fucking brilliant. I love hearing him and aubrey marcus explain their psychedelic experiences in depth. There's just something about traveling to third world countries and taking ayahuasca during these retreats that makes for great stories, it's something I've gotta do at least once in my lifetime.
--------------------------------------------------
PS: something I wanna add on the nausea is that the nausea varies from smooth to rough even with the same batch at the same doses. The batch that was involved in post #694 had litterally no smell and was a more brown color than my previous batch. This non-stinky batch made me puke my fucking guts out but only for a period of about 5mins, after the puking I started tripping balls immediately, there wasn't that 40mg MDMA like period, just sick to full on tripping.

With this new bright orange, stinky as fuck batch that I only plugged I still noticed that each trip, regardless of dose had a different level of bodyload. Sometimes I plugged 60+mg doses and was walking around and going on bike rides like nothing and sometimes I really had to lie down for a good while due to some nasty nausea. I also noticed that if I tak aMT one day and take aMT again the next day or even redose that there would be ZERO bodyload, it was as if my body got used to the material and no longer rejected it.... it was weird. Anyways I think this post is long enough lol.

Last edited:
Yeah that's what everyone has been telling me, I'm convinced.... I tend to overthink things until I finally do it and realize how dumb I was for not attempting said action earlier.

Really all you need to understand is how acids and bases interact (ph). That's pretty much it. I couldn't believe the success in the morning when I checked that jar the first time I freeze precipitated that DMT. WOW!

Well like I've said plenty of times, I only plug aMT now so I never vomit. When taken this way all I experience is slight nausea and fever like symptoms from t+ 40mins to T+1.5 hours so I just lay down for that 45 minutes and wait for the side-effects dissapear. When I was taking it orally I wouldn't want to take any anti-emetics in fear of having the bodyload last throughout ghe trip, I felt that as soon as I vomited everything went smooth from then on so I would hate to force myself to keep the material in my body. If you do decide to take an anti-nausea medication I would take ondansetron as it's a 5-ht3 antagonist which is the receptor responsible for these side effects, I doubt DPH or any other H1 blockers would put a dent in anything.

Plugged, when the side-effects dissapear, your left with what feels like 40-60mgs of MDMA and you may think "seriously?, that's it?" then BAM! around 2.5-3 hours in your slapped with the most orgasmic euphoria ever, it feels like a less synthetic, more natural super MDMA with complex visuals not unlike a tab of strong acid. From here on I'm typically VERY sedated and almost enter a dream like state where I just put on my quality headphones, blast EDM, and sit in a pitch black room squirming on my bed in sheer pleasure all while enjoying the sexy, smoky geometric visuals. Effects start to fade 8 hours in and by 10-12 hours I'm near baseline but with a fantastic afterglow that synergized with the kratom and benzos I take to fade asleep peacefully.

Your experience may not be like this as aMT is extremely variable but this is what aMT brings to my table everytime, I WILL be taking my last dose on saturday... I just can't help it. I'm contemplating adding 1.5-2mgs of DOC as well but I can never bring myself to do it in fear of vasoconstriction. I also don't wanna waste my last dose in the case I don't enjoy the combo. I have a "feeling" that some more aMT will make it's way into my lap so I think I'll save the combo for another time.

Regarding the DMT extraction, I was talking to ColtDan through PM and he convinced me, I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks for bringing up that "green" method as I would prefer to not work with such harsh solvents and chemicals. This isn't gonna happen anytime in the near future though but mark my words, it WILL happen. Also yeah, graham is a fucking brilliant. I love hearing him and aubrey marcus explain their psychedelic experiences in depth. There's just something about traveling to third world countries and taking ayahuasca during these retreats that makes for great stories, it's something I've gotta do at least once in my lifetime.
--------------------------------------------------
PS: something I wanna add on the nausea is that the nausea varies from smooth to rough even with the same batch at the same doses. The batch that was involved in post #694 had litterally no smell and was a more brown color than my previous batch. This non-stinky batch made me puke my fucking guts out but only for a period of about 5mins, after the puking I started tripping balls immediately, there wasn't that 40mg MDMA like period, just sick to full on tripping.

With this new bright orange, stinky as fuck batch that I only plugged I still noticed that each trip, regardless of dose had a different level of bodyload. Sometimes I plugged 60+mg doses and was walking around and going on bike rides like nothing and sometimes I really had to lie down for a good while due to some nasty nausea. I also noticed that if I tak aMT one day and take aMT again the next day or even redose that there would be ZERO bodyload, it was as if my body got used to the material and no longer rejected it.... it was weird. Anyways I think this post is long enough lol.

Yeah the vasoconstriction would probably be troublesome or even frightening... I've had some sketchy moments just with DOC where when I stretched my arms all the way out I could feel my veins pulling, really creepy feeling. Also I've never combined DOC with AMT, but when I combined it with MDMA it was the world's most pointless combo. The MDMA just brought down some of the clarity of the DOC and made the whole thing muddy and a bit of a letdown.

^ thanks, maybe I'll give this one a pass. I could've sworn I read a post in the V1 thread where you said you combined aMT and DOC but it may have been someone else. What's weird though is DOC on its own gave me ZERO VC issues nor any real stimulation either, I found it as smooth as 2c-c. Does DOC give you any VC issues in it's own right at under 2mg doses? Neither aMT nor DOC give me VC issues although I've only had one DOC trip at 3mgs but have gone on 2 day aMT binges with still no VC (not that it's in any way a good idea).

I've found that pretty much everything goes well with aMT, especially psilacetin and low dose APB's at the tail end. I was expecting the DOC to fill in the mindfuck and visuals that aMT can sometimes lack, I was able to recreate these effects by adding 2c-c and high doses of psilacetin but I always had to wait till 5 hours in to time the doses right, I figured DOC would do the job yet match the durations better and allow me to have the added headspace and visuals throughout the entire trip.

Last edited:
Yeah DOC always gives me a bit of VC even at low doses; occasionally, especially if I'm cold, it gets concerning. Then again I am a bit prone to it.

Vasoconstriction aside If DOC didn't synergize with MDMA then it would be safe to assume it would muddle other monoamine releasers as well so I'll put this one on hold and if I do go for it won't exceed 1.5mgs DOC subbed and 40mgs aMT plugged, both low doses for me. Glad you shared your input, I could've set myself up for a nightmare. There are only two posts on this combo and neither gave any details so I'm assuming it's nothing to write home about anyways. Maybe the fact that I take maintenance doses of kratom is what prevents me from getting noticeable VC issues as I've never had that problem with any psych besides LSA but I took a really high dose and was too young to have even heard of kratom at the time.