• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Amantadine and Memantine thread

The mailman brought me some memantine today.
I just took 10mg, we'll see how it goes with daily 300mg bupropion.

I have ADD-NOS with inattentiveness, before bupropion (wellbutrin) brain fog was bad, so was couch-lock, and depressive episodes, bupropion helped a lot, but I still have issues with getting shit started and finished.

I am hoping memantine can help give me more clarity of mental functions.

I shall see...

Fuck it, I took 10 more mg's.

Last edited:
PowerFarts, as it was mentioned earlier (several times), in the beginning phase it's definitely an anti-nootropic. You won't get "more clarity of mental functions" if you use it for the first time. It will make you really cloudy. Start low and build up your dose to a maximum of 20mg daily.

Just got off of work, 2 days of poor sleep, otherwise did OK, I had a bit of cloud in my frontal lobe, but what was memantine and what was fatigue?
I don't know, 20 right off sounds OK to me, hell, I've already spend most my life in a cloud.
I can take it!

Yes, day 2 of 20mg all at once.
It's 11:00pm, going to work soon.
I am in that weird predicament where I feel wide awake and sleepy at the same time, I can feel the clarity hiding behind the clouds, ah brain clouds, now I am reminded about the 'me' before wellbutrin.

I have spent years trying suppliments, drugs, excercise, whatever to make me feel more 'with it', maybe I will find the holy grail of 'organised thoughts' or even an organised living environment, I try 10x harder to clean than those of whom you can eat of the floor when one goes to their place.
Where does this mess come from?!?!

Day 3, I just got home from work, took 20mg before work. (memantine)
Brain fog going away, clarity fighting through.

Took 20mg's 3,4 CTMP so I could enjoy my day off without needing to sleep (graveyard shift), hopefully no complications.

If I took a recreational dose of 150mg's or 100 to start I won't be fit to drive the next day, will I?

Is mixing Memantine with Ketamine dangerous?

I have been looking around to see if there are any supplements that might potentiate ketamine for someone with high tolerance, and in an old post someone mentioned that Memantine could be helpful. Unfortunately they provided no other information regarding their suggestion. I don't know if the user tried it, or has some medical study to back up the claim. I tried contacting the user but to no avail.

My understanding is that Memantine carries a warning not to mix with ketamine, but I wonder if that is merely because it increases the effects of ketamine (i.e. what I am looking for but what a medicinal user wouldn't want) or if it is because mixing the two substances is dangerous. Does anyone have any insight on this?

I would tend to avoid mixing drugs that act in similar ways. (NMDA antagonists, for example)
Perhaps just try to take MORE ketamine to get stronger effects?
Imean, people die of mixing pain pills with heroin, and people die mixing uppers with uppers.

I think that is a fair caution to take, but both K and Memantine, as far as I know, seem to require very large dosages to be dangerous. So even if one multiplies the effect of the other, I still imagine you would need a very large dose to put yourself in danger. But I don't know, and that's why I'm asking around, in hopes that someone has knowledge in this area.

Is memantine physically addictive? I plan to take it for a prolonged time (about half a year). It could be usefull for tapering pregabalin/opiates but not if it causes another addiction instead. What doses should be used for tapering?

Before I try this, could someone answer me if I am going to feel miserable because of nicotinic receptor antagonism? I smoke daily and have been doing so for over 10 years. Memantine is an antagonist of the same receptors nicotine activates.

Does anybody know if Memantine is safe to combine with MAOIs? In particular Syrian Rue?

I recently tried combining 20mg of Memantine with smoked DMT and it was an incredible experience, with a strong anti-depressant action that is still very noticeable a week later. I find both to have quite strong anti-depressant effects on their own but there was something really special about this synergy... I would really like to try Memantine + Ayahuasca but am rather cautious as I know MAOI + most dissociatives is a no-no.

I've been using Memantine recreationally for a while now at a variety of doses and absolutely love it. I'd probably say it's the best functional dissociative I've ever tried, even better than low-dose MXE, though high doses are pointless and very uncomfortable.

Several times took 30 mg of memantine. It looks like very clean headed dissociation with almost no physical symptoms. Dissociation is not very pronounced at this dose, but the duration of effects makes me tired. At this moment I am about +20 h past the dose, and the effects are only a little bit more pronounced as at Tmax. Also, i used 500 mg-1 gr of ascorbic acid immediately after memantine to acidify the urine and increase the elimination rate, but still the effects are too long. I want to try it at 50 mg, but I do not want to spend 2-3 days waiting for effects to stop. Thinking about the memantine and dxm combination to make dxm more dissociative, than stimulating and psychedelic.

bump for prune

Also I merged together all the useful Memantine threads into a single Big and Dandy.

Would a dose of 50mgs cause someone who has a history of dissociative abuse to appear intoxicated (slurring, stumbling, etc) ? I haven't used any type of disso in over a year but do feel as if I have a semi-permanent tolerance from a decade of abuse. Was hoping to use ~50mgs to improve my mood at a family function.

I'd try it lower first, in a more controlled environment. Or hell, you could try it at 50mg in a more controlled environment at minimum.

Before I try this, could someone answer me if I am going to feel miserable because of nicotinic receptor antagonism? I smoke daily and have been doing so for over 10 years. Memantine is an antagonist of the same receptors nicotine activates.
Care to elaborate more? I don't think I've ever heard anybody mention that

I am bumping into this after going on a bit of a trip or two with memantine in the past day and however long my second days dose lasts for.

I had a really long, well described, in the moment post about how completely wonderful 75 mg of it felt. Ideally I would have posted it but the page reloaded and I lost all of it.

To repeat what I wanted to post, it is my opinion that memantine is very recreational, it just happens to have a long duration that needs to be factored in.

To me memantine is a 'grown man's' weekend dissociative. Last night 75 mg was just the perfect amount to make me able to feel electrical body buzz and clear headed dissociation. It has similar stimulation feel to 3-MeO-PCP although not really manic as 3-MeO-PCP gets, the buzz is reminiscent of parts of it to me in that I am thinking of how I am interconnected with the greater universe and the thinking is spacey yet a clear spaciness.

It is also similar to the body buzz of snorted Methoxetamine stimulation without the delusional thought processes that tend to come about, mundane activity is able to be completed with very little interference although I don't think driving a car would be smart, I was able to converse fine with family and noticed unique moments which otherwise would have escaped me, seeing the sparkle in the universe. Was not negative headspace at all, quite the opposite and it allowed me to enjoy bringing of a new year.

The biggest beauty of this to me is that I was able to function reasonably well and could enjoy a positive trip with enough connection to the universe and it's mysteries and not go too far into heavy self analysis.

This was a soul affirming time that let me look back behind the veil of existence without the over critical thought processes and that introspection to a fault that heavy tripping on serotonin agonists can sometimes give.

I was clear headed in train of thought, things were more mentally open though for sure, all the while still having the dissociative movement mannerisms to a milder degree, that sneaky feeling of being off in another dimension to a degree and at the same time as being present in this dimension physically. Does anyone else know that secret you and the guy in the mirror share when you smile at each other? That feeling and the golden electricity of the buzz.

Similar notes as some of the stimulation of diphenidine but not the buzz, buzz for this is not quite the energy and forcefulness of amphetamine, not a tradional heart racing stimulation, but there is an underlying electrical current that charges you yet sets you back in yourself comfortably.

The electric energy is not like acid where you are jolted with liquid lightning and everything is vibrant but instead is like you have a current flowing through you and you can feel the charge.

I need to step away from the electric avenue and discuss other aspects I guess, hahaha, time is slowed down and every moment is given a uniqueness, I feel that feeling of almost having a purpose for existing in doing most every task, interactions with others are so meaningful and then shaving my beard just seemed to be good self care. Things felt right, perhaps the stars figuratively align, if you will.

I don't remember my lower dose trials of this(10-30 mg) having as much positive impact on my mental state. I don't feel like on ketamine with the hole state but instead feel in my own world of self debauchery in the most positive sense of the word hahaha.

I am currently on 40 mg dosed the same time as the day befores dose of 75 mg and I am in much the same mood. I would love to be able to put this feeling on paper.