• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'Age and Psychedelics' thread

If you use psychedelics, please tell us: how old are you?

• < 12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12-15

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • 16-18

Votes: 45 16.0%
  • 19-21

Votes: 87 30.9%
  • 22-25

Votes: 52 18.4%
  • 26-30

Votes: 33 11.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 31 11.0%
  • 41-50

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • 51-65

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • > 65

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters

MafdetX

Bluelighter
So I'm getting 5 hits of some acid tommorow and I have some questions/thoughts. I've been pretty interested in acid recently; mainly after I realized that it is not as bad as the media/government/society makes it out to be. The effects seem appealing to me, especially since I like favor psychedelics over other drugs. Thus far I have tripped on shrooms three times, all of the trips were equally intense and were definitely life changing, I feel as though I did open the doors of perception. The trips were as follows:
1st time- 2.3 grams 2nd time- 3.5 grams 3rd time- ~4.3 grams. I handled all the trips well and walked away with no negative side effects. My 3.5 and ~4.3 gram trips were very intense, scaling as about a level 4 trip. Those trips alone make me feel slightly experienced with psychedelics to the point where I am comfortable tripping and will not get stress/trauma disorders.

I live in California and Acid is not very available here. I have actually never seen it in person and have not talked to too many people who have tried it. But I am finally getting some from a trusted source. So I'm starting to get ready for what could be an incredibly rewarding/profound/life changing experience, but I still have mixed feelings toward acid.

I am 17, a senior in high school, and have been smoking weed daily for about two years and have tripped on shrooms 3 times as well as tried ecstasy. I feel confident about my mind and I feel mentally/emotionally prepared to experience acid even though I am young. It seems like I am a person who can experiment with altered states of consicousness, the human psyche, etc and have very beneficial results. I like the idea of shamanism and love reading works by Leary, Shulgin, McKenna, Huxley, etc. etc.

I am going to either take one or two hits, I have not decided yet. After this trip I do not plan to take lsd again until I am about 19 or 20, I doubt I will even be able to get more anytime soon. Even though I am very interested in trying acid, I wanted to wait some time to take it. But I am being offered it now which is very rare, so I think that having one moderate experience at 17 will not be bad if anything I think that my shroom trips could have potentially been worse.

Do you guys agree or disagree? If you disagree then what age do you think I should take it at. Please share any helpful information as I want to make sure that this will be a good experience.

Well I think after higschool would be smart, just so the drugs don't distract you from your work HOWEVER i think age has nothing to do with it, as long as you have a strong sense of self and a firm understanding of the world you'll be fine.

You might find that the drug can teach you some crazy shit and if you dont have a firm understanding of reality then it could freak you or who-ever out.

Maybe its as soon as you have chest hair is the ideal age for LSD

=D

I don't think you should be asking random people on an internet forum for this kind of advice, is honestly what I think.

Ask people you know who have tried LSD.

I don't understand all this business about HPPD and all this post-psychedelics fear and whatnot.

I'd say if you are struggling in your mind with whether acid is "good" or not and should be legal or whatever...then don't do it...

I think all drugs should be legal, I have no problem with any of them. I'm not scared of hallucinogens. I also don't do them when I know I will not enjoy the experience.

-- just my 2 cents -- really ask someone you know personally, though

napchild said:
Well I think after higschool would be smart, just so the drugs don't distract you from your work HOWEVER i think age has nothing to do with it, as long as you have a strong sense of self and a firm understanding of the world you'll be fine.

You might find that the drug can teach you some crazy shit and if you dont have a firm understanding of reality then it could freak you or who-ever out.

=D

LSD should make your understanding of reality UNfirm
it shows you how many other ways to understand it htere are, how subjective you are, how many realities there are

napchild said:

hmm I have seen 12 year olds with chest hair, but you never know some people really are pretty mature at 12 =D ;)

I would say late adulthood. 65-Death. Drop acid and test Erikson's stages of development and see what stage you end up in (Integrity vs. Despair).

I think its extremely smart to ask here on Bluelight as well. You will get much more of a "factual" standpoint here than you usually would talking to "friends" about such subjects. There are so many rumors and lies going around about drugs like LSD, and it's really hard to find a person who knows the truth about such aspects when not on the internet.

Asking here is a good choice. And as for your question, yes, it sounds like you're ready in my opinion. You sound fairly solid headed and it should be fine. Watch out though, the acid in Cali is generally very weak right now, a friend of mine had to take multiple blotters to even feel anything. Start out with 1-2 of course, but there is a high chance youll need more. If that's the case, be smart and dont re-dose until a couple hours after you have eaten the first ones..

har har, you're not planning to take another trip after this one for two or three years yet you are getting 5 tabs? be honest with us now tiger.. :D

I think 17 is an ok age; if you are the kind of person people are always saying is very mature for their age, blah blah blah. There are immature 17 year olds, just like there are immature 30 year olds. Personally I think acid is a very.. special drug, and shouldn't be something you take to get "fucked up", but instead to be treated with a lot of respect.

Since it is from a trusted source, I would take one first and only a second if you dont feel effects at least two hours afterwards. I have always either gotten great acid or total duds, so don't have any personal experience redosing but have read a few stories about people who didn't think the acid was working, and redosed too quick. Uh oh, probably not a nice first time experience.

Again on the age thing, if you are honest with yourself you will know whether or not you are ready for it. I think mushies have a bigger bad trip potential as well, so if you handled that you should be equipped to tripped ;)

Psilo707 said:
be smart and dont re-dose until a couple hours after you have eaten the first ones..

Actually i've found that redosing that late into the trip doesnt make it stronger by much.

I have had an experience where i dosed 1 blotter, wasnt feeling as much as i wanted and redosed with another 1.5 blotters after 2 hours. The trip didnt go up much in strength compared to when i took 2 hits at the same times of the same blotter.

If you are going to redose LSD dont do it after 1.5 hours. Preferably 1 hour, as you should be able to tell how strong you are going to trip by then.

n my youth I took a trip
My first initial acid trip
And it hit me like a ton of bricks

My eyes they quickly dialated
I began hallucinating
At the tender age of seventeen

As I watched the tv
My dog speaking to me
Telling me I’m going insane

I recall a scene it’s halloween
And I am dressed as a drag queen
Peaking to the point of no return

I met a man I shook his hand
He spoke I could not understand
He was covered with flies and afterbirth

Would you agree with trying it at 15?
Im mature and have researched it,i was grand on shrooms and salvia and im mentally sound,I know people say dont start before 16 but is there exceptions cause im pretty sure i'd be grand on it.

I don't think there's a definate "age" where it becomes okay to take heavy psychedelics such as LSD. It all depends on your personal maturity level, and your ability to think intelligently and reponsibily. Some people are probably ready at 14, while other may benefit from waiting until their 20's or older. Asking on a forum like this before simply taking LSD in itself is a sign of maturity.

As long as you carefully consiter your environment, and keep your dose reasonable low (2 hits would be my maximum reccomendation for a first time), i think you'll be fine.

Mad Out Of It said:
Would you agree with trying it at 15?
Im mature and have researched it,i was grand on shrooms and salvia and im mentally sound,I know people say dont start before 16 but is there exceptions cause im pretty sure i'd be grand on it.

i took my first acid trip at 15. I cant say i regret it at all but when asked for advice i usually recomend waiting untill 17 or older.

QWE, thanks for the poem. I really enjoyed reading it.

IMO, the older you get (especially past your 20s) the more the drug is going to break you.

however, little kids shouldnt be doing drugs

ahh what a paradox!

See i'm 16 and fairly mature, most people think im 20 anyways and I tried acid and it was an incredable experiance. Basically just going with the flow here... if you think you are mature enough.

this isn't really a question you can ask other people, i think.. Someone can't tell you what career to go into or what to like in terms of clothes, ice cream flavors, etc...

Doing any hallucinogen is something you have to decide for yourself, if you think you're are mentally capable to face possible life changing experiences and the breaking down of reality and rules, barries, as you know it. then go ahead. it's like a what you believe in, no one can decide for you, people can influence you though.